10 December 2007 - ALL Updates!

Gold_Tiger10

WOOOOOOOOOOO!

F2P! F2P! F2P! F2P! F2P!

The Enrichment Center reminds you that the weighted companion cube will never threaten to stab you and, in fact, cannot speak.

In the event that the weighted companion cube does speak, the Enrichment Center urges you to disregard its advice.

• Replies 402
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahhahhahahahahahahahaaah. That's all I have to say.

Goodbye RuneScape.

After the 3k trading rule, God Wars, DKs and KQing will be done. You can no longer give an item to someone like a rune chain for PKing. The Wilderness is no longer the Wilderness. You now have FIVE minutes to get back your [cabbage] if you die. The game is done. It will die before next summer.

I did say this would happen, did I not? Jagex is trying to end RS in order to prepare for MechScape.

On the bright side, they added three rows of bank space... Not that it means anything considering the game is finished now.

I can see another one of Qeltar's expertly written journalist pieces about the recent updates *cant wait* =P~

Actually, all he had to say on TS was "I am speechless... They actually destroyed the game."

I don't think this is the end of the game at all. The game has changed, but it had to. Jagex will still be making money, it's just that less of this money will come from players who have played the game for several years.

kill_o_troll.png

kill_o_troll.png

Whoa. It seems to me that Jagex haven't thought this entire update through. I will hold my opinions about the wilderness till later, but the rest of it... wow. It seems they have been overzealous in their shutting down of RWT.

As far as I can tell, this means:

-No more manual lootshare.

-No more drop parties.

-No more gifts.

:wall:

What... the... Hell...?

Okay, I could tolerate other the previous updates but limiting trading is going too far. I can't give make armour for friends anymore, or even give them gifts! >.<

"300 programmers make their futile but glorious last stand against 1000000 angry players in The battle of Misthalin. They fight for honor, glory and new content sacrificing themselves so that their game may live on. This is Madness! This Is JAGEEEX!"

I'm too lazy to waste an extra 450k for an extra 1min on a gravestone. However in the long run probably smart to get one of them, that 1min could make a dif when you die in places like barrows/high level wild.

All god gravestones cost 50k, there's zam, sara, guth, bandos, armadyl, ancients (from memory).

Picture of new gravestones for those too lazy to check it out themselves:

gravestone1np9.png

gravestone2kx6.png

2003634904672344725_rs.jpg

slayermask3.png

A Draconic Guide V1.4, Fimer - Multi-Timer Farming Timer V3.

Dragon Boots: 39|Abyssal Whips: 16|Dark Bows: 1|

I can see another one of Qeltar's expertly written journalist pieces about the recent updates *cant wait* =P~

Kind of you.. but boy, I am not even sure what I would say. Everyone kind of knows what this is about now.

I do give credit to Jagex for tackling this problem. And I will have to almost rewrite all of TruthScape because so many scams have now been eliminated.

But at what cost?

They've really thrown the baby out with the bathwater this time.

Not only have they killed many team-related activities, they have also killed merchanting of all sorts, the ability to share and give gifts, and even the ability to make a smart trade.

3k is pocket change -- at best -- and they just don't get it.

My son summed it up best: RS is now a multiplayer game in which players can't interact.

Qeltar, aka Charles Kozierok

Webmaster, RuneScoop - Premium RuneScape Information for Expert Players -- Now Free!

Featuring the Ultimate Guide to Dungeoneering -- everything you need to know to get the most of the new skill!

signew2.png

My son summed it up best: RS is now a multiplayer game in which players can't interact.

QFT Your son has got it just right.

Schmuall.png

give F2P a penny and they want a dime; give P2P a quarter, they want 100,000 dollars, your car, house, boat, social security number, credit card numbers, drivers license, clothes on your back and everything you ever owned or interacted with ever

Ah, quit the melodrama everyone. Sure, I hate these updates as much as anyone, but people are acting like its going to bring on the Apocalypse (in Runescape). The people that say they are quiting (quite a few, I grant you), will eventually be back. Kudos to Jagex for having the balls to take such a radical step.

Enjoy your extra bankspace 8-)

SOOOO you all think you know it better then Jagex who've tested all these updates and have gone over all of the alternatives?

Simply put -- yes.

Just as if an exterminator told me that the only way to rid my house of termites was to douse it in gasoline and set it on fire, I'd kinda have to say no to that idea too.

Qeltar, aka Charles Kozierok

Webmaster, RuneScoop - Premium RuneScape Information for Expert Players -- Now Free!

Featuring the Ultimate Guide to Dungeoneering -- everything you need to know to get the most of the new skill!

signew2.png

SOOOO you all think you know it better then Jagex who've tested all these updates and have gone over all of the alternatives?

How can they test an update like this? They knew there was a fair chance that people would react this way

smudgerequestredbluesigxs5.png

Check out my blog here!

Thanks Jopie211 for the sig

How can they test an update like this? They knew there was a fair chance that people would react this way

I, for one, trusts jagex. I dont think they would have made these updates if it could have ruined the game. After all, they made the game.

867de2w.jpg

What can I say? I'm a rebel, like Ché Guevara.

8fcsy9s.jpg

What the hell is Ash doing while Team Rocket says their rhyme?