Monday Poll: What are your plans?

MPM

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

had a go at bounty hunter... its just not the same...

Pking is dead. The minigame is full of people with no armour, lvl 50s and ranging clans. For some reason you cant take in certain armour, which sucks, as my mage needs the magic boost from his hat. Sure there are more PKs than before the update, but its not the same. Bounty hunter is a SAFE minigame. Anyone with decent stuff is at the cave entrance, and will simply flee if youget them below half HP. When you die, you simply appear outside, with full prayer, run, hp, and no items. (you keep 1 if you have protect items on). Then you go back in 2 minutes later. There are loads of noob clans in there. Its fun to play, but the novalty soon wears off.

The only upside of this is the sudden Merchant area that has sprung up withthe banker. The best thing to dois to simply take noitems, kill someone lower level, and pick up as many adamant arrows (that the rangers forget about) as you can, then sellthem when you leave. Made 1.8k in a few mins.

All the arena's used for is raising strength XP.

hope the christmas events good.

NOOOO! The tip.it christmas drop party is ruined!!!!!! All the money people spending on those slaves!!!! Nooo!

No it wont, drop trading changes take place on Jan 1st, which is after Christmas. ::'

Nope, the dropping changes are already in effect.

Trading is what's being changed on January 1st.

boeing2os2.png

Read the pages heard a lot of views on the matter:

If anyone can recall a news post by Jagex. they claimed they were looking at how wealth was moved around runescape. This to me doesnt seem to me like real world trading. It may be but im not sure about it. Around a week later they announce the GE which ultimately dictates prices around runescape. It seems to me Jagex are actually trying to controll prices and use RWT as a cover up. I mean yes the autoers were annoying but they did not mess up the prices as much as the GE did.

Hyper N | 99 attack | 96/99 Defence | 123 CB | Arma Hilts/3 | Bandos Tassets | Armadyl Skirts/2 | Armadyl Chestplates 1

hey this is my first post on this account. just wanna say that ive been playing runescape for several yrs and i have about 6 accounts with one main which i use all on f2p. i made a rune pure pker to pk bfore the updates which i started bout 4 weeks ago, it was at lvl 55 wen this update came along n i went in the low lvl cave n lvled up first kill so i have to go in med cave with lvl 85 n 90's who all just kill me. i cant vs ppl my own lvl anymore coz theres no limits on who kills who, if they r going to keep the pk lovers like myself playing, maybe more volcanoes with diff lvl limits shuld be made to keep it interesting. n how are mains supposed to give other accts any stuff wen its limited to 3k n staking sucks as well with the new limits. ill probs ditch pking for good in next few weeks unless these new changes to the game are tweaked to suit every1. my mains still good for skilling so i wont quit for good over these updates, even tho it makes things harder

zipantish10.png

n how are mains supposed to give other accts any stuff wen its limited to 3k n staking sucks as well with the new limits.r

You aren't supposed to do that since it is against the runescape rules. Different accounts from one player are not allow to interact in any way.! <.<

Th3_C4bb4g3.png

Th3_C4bb4g3.png

Th3_C4bb4g3.png

- Back to casual f2p scaping due to limited time (university and girlfriend <3:) -

All of this makes me a little uncertain. PKing is not something I personally did but it does however impact those who do. On top of this the trade changes make it a ~fixed economy... And no gifts... Let's see what these new updates bring.

Thoroughly retired, may still write now and again

I'm not quitting. I was never a fan of PKing myself, so I don't care about that. The Grand Exchange is a good place to get something quickly instead of trying to find a merchant to buy it from. It's not meant as a replacement for merchants, simply as a means to trade without sitting and typing all day near a bank. As you all know, if you've read the whole announcement that went with this update, the forced economy is a quick fix to eliminate macroers, RWT's, and scammers. It's not permanent, and they're working on ways to make it less strict. Just have some patience.

Or... would you rather have Jagex lose money to the RWT's and hackers, and then have to shut down RS forever because they can't afford it? I don't think you want that.

I'm glad that PKers have their own little area to kill each other in now. It sucks just trying to do something in the wild that doesn't affect anyone else, then have someone pop up and kill me for no good reason other than to say they killed me and take my stuff. Granted, I knew the danger when I stepped foot in the Wilds, but that's beside the point.

It seems that most (not all) people who play only for PKing are the type of people who prey on weaker, unsuspecting players to get their kicks. PKers can still kill other players in a designated area, they just don't have much choice now as to whom they can kill. Now, instead of finding unprepared lambs to slaughter, PKers have to fight people who are prepared and maybe even outmatch them. Oh no, a real challenge! The ones who complain about the change in PKing are the ones who are finding the shoe on the other foot to be too tight.

The Wilderness is still dangerous, because Revenants pop up randomly out of nowhere, and I've yet to kill one myself. At least I can get away from them. And they're not there to kill me for my loads of ore. I like this new Wilds. Now, people who want to kill others have their own niche away from people who don't want to fight other players.

If you're an honest trader, there's no reason to immediately throw in the towel because of new restraints. Jagex said they'll be fixing it as time comes, so wait it out and be patient. After all, it is just a game.

n how are mains supposed to give other accts any stuff wen its limited to 3k n staking sucks as well with the new limits.r

You aren't supposed to do that since it is against the runescape rules. Different accounts from one player are not allow to interact in any way.! <.<

yeah i know thats the rules and i dont actually interact with my different accounts but even giviong gifts to friends or helping people out is now impossible. It doesn't matter anyhow i've ditched my pking accounts except for my ranger who is still eligible for low lvl cave. soz about the stupid post lols. :anxious:

zipantish10.png

I don't want to quit, i enjoy the game. But with the new updates it doesnt seem like the runescape i used to enjoy.

Who knows, when everything settes down and the GE prices sort themselves out it might be better.

Until then i'll just keep playing. <.<

P2P offers more and better ways of making money than f2p. That's one of the cons you just have to play with if you don't feel like having 1 bigmac meal less per month.

Nothing really I hasn't affected me much

ibiteu2death.png

[hide=Funny Quote]

Cbow! Cbow!!!!! +120 range is orgasmic. Or maul, thats what I'd get out of those two options.

I agree with baconisbacon, Cbow looks freaking sensual

Runescape: Where strong weapons bring sexual pleasure.

The size of the e-peen0r is directly proportional to the rarity/power of one's equipment.

[/hide]

Or... would you rather have Jagex lose money to the RWT's and hackers, and then have to shut down RS forever because they can't afford it? I don't think you want that.

Propaganda.

I'm glad that PKers have their own little area to kill each other in now. It sucks just trying to do something in the wild that doesn't affect anyone else, then have someone pop up and kill me for no good reason other than to say they killed me and take my stuff. Granted, I knew the danger when I stepped foot in the Wilds, but that's beside the point.

No, it's not. I am a rune miner myself and I came to the wilderness prepared every time I went to mine. If you were too weak to defend yourself, then that is your own problem. I am not saying I would set upon my fellow miners, but I was certainly ready to accommodate or escape from any threats that came my way.

It seems that most (not all) people who play only for PKing are the type of people who prey on weaker, unsuspecting players to get their kicks. PKers can still kill other players in a designated area, they just don't have much choice now as to whom they can kill. Now, instead of finding unprepared lambs to slaughter, PKers have to fight people who are prepared and maybe even outmatch them. Oh no, a real challenge! The ones who complain about the change in PKing are the ones who are finding the shoe on the other foot to be too tight.

How dare you make such an assumption. Even the greatest PKers are now being destroyed by those who are both least experienced and are risking the least by one-iteming and/or traveling in unstoppable numbers. This is not a challenge- it is rigged; it is a risk not worth the meager rewards. I know this from two days of "PKing" in Bounty Hunters.

The Wilderness is still dangerous, because Revenants pop up randomly out of nowhere, and I've yet to kill one myself. At least I can get away from them. And they're not there to kill me for my loads of ore. I like this new Wilds. Now, people who want to kill others have their own niche away from people who don't want to fight other players.

You're right. They're not here to kill you for loads of ore. They're just there to kill you for absolutely no reason at all. No to mention they're completely witless. It was a challenge to escape from some PKers, and it is absolutely no challenge to escape from these. They're annoying and needless, and now our commodity - rune ore- is going to go slowly down in price as more and more gutless miners migrate from the Hero's Guild to the wild rune rocks. I hope you're happy.

If you're an honest trader, there's no reason to immediately throw in the towel because of new restraints. Jagex said they'll be fixing it as time comes, so wait it out and be patient. After all, it is just a game.

Merchants mainly make money because people are willing to pay for convenience, not because they are exploiting others. That is a dead method of moneymaking since the profit cap shall shortly be 3k per 15 minutes. Ridiculous.

Just a quick reply to everyone who says that the updates don't bother them. To all those that claim to never pk, never merchant, and never make unbalanced trades.

Even if the updates don't immediately affect the way you play the game, they will soon. Pking was a HUGE part of the game. People who don't pk regularly are severely misguided in their judgment of how many people enjoy the player versus player thrill of fighting in the wilderness. <>

This large percentage of people, of course, needed supplies for player killing. Arrows. Runes. Food. Runes. Amulets. Armor. Weapons. POTIONS.

This large percentage of people BOUGHT these items. Due to supply and demand, prices went up. As time went on, more players would acquire these items and sell them to player killers. Prices stabilized.

You claim that it is easier to mine runeite, use the abyss to craft runes, or do whatever else you do in the wilderness. You claim that the update has no impact on your skilling. You'll just keep on fletching those arrows, smithing those weapons and armor, crafting those runes, fishing, cooking, crafting, the like. And then sell them.

What? Nobody wants to buy my items? What happened to the thousands of players that would regularly buy my range potions? Why are my super sets still not being bought?

Remember that shark crisis earlier in the year? Prepare for some intense deja vu.

This update has a profound effect on everybody who plays the game.

Except for that one person who never goes into the wilderness, never sells items, has no friends he trades with, and has no desire to acquire items in other ways than farming them himself. (farming as in grinding for)

Oh yeah. A huge amount of the older gaming population as a whole is quitting. Most, not all, of them have been playing for a long time. Enjoy rare prices SKYROCKETING with the impending wave of inactive accounts.

I've said my bit, now it's time to forget all about this game.

To those of you who vow to stick it out, I can only hope you find something left in the game worthwhile.

Good Bye..

Leave because they removed a portion of the game? Never. I'm too well rounded. That's the advantage of loving everything I do, updates like these don't have such a serious impact on me because I always find other stuff to do.

76th to reach 99 Construction on 6th of February 2007

379th to reach 99 Runecrafting on 4th of November 2007

BlueSig6.jpg

Finally the secrets of goal achieving are revealed! (give my guide a read :^_^: )