F2P Big Bang, and its effect on f2p summoning hopes!!!!!!!!!

Chippy_PK

ok well as u all saw in the updates f2p got a huge update, they got 3 mini-games, clan wars, bounty hunter, and duel arena. now with all these some of the people planning on becoming a member may not, becuz alot of people just wanted to for members.

AND what else does this mean? with the new mini-games f2p also right off the bat this may shed some more hope on f2p summoning, but who knows?

DISCUSS, PLEASE WITHOUT FLAMMING

chippypktry2.png

Member of 100+ Korrupted Fury

I'm happy with most of the updates we f2pers got today.

However, I'm a bit annoyed that they completely removed the danger from the wild (except for those renevant things which are avoidable). I'm in a clan, and I enjoyed pking in the wild with my friends.

With all the stuff added to f2p, and all the pissed off p2pers today, I'd imagine today will have the biggest repercussions on Jagex's income out of any other update, excluding rs2. Quite a few p2pers will quit, and lots of f2per on the border will stay f2p.

160vy.png

F2Pers whine just as much as P2Pers, if not more.

Only difference is, they are freeloaders, and hence have no right to complain.

Anyone who is a paying customer has a right to complain if he or she doesn't feel the service provided is up to snuff.

Qeltar, aka Charles Kozierok

Webmaster, RuneScoop - Premium RuneScape Information for Expert Players -- Now Free!

Featuring the Ultimate Guide to Dungeoneering -- everything you need to know to get the most of the new skill!

signew2.png

f2p will not get summoning...

+1 too many features that will be in summoning will be p2p.

F2p just got a HUGE update, new bank space, minigames, something that they NEVER have gotten before. If any f2p'er isn't happy now, i'd be surprised.

99 Fletching 99 Attack 99 Constitution 99 Cooking 99 Strength

Gamertag: H8tebringer

h8tebringer-siggy-bloodskull-1.jpg

I love the updates for F2P, but removing the danger of the Wilderness is just silly. :wall:

I don't think Summoning will be F2P. Even if it is, I don't want it. JAGeX needs more money to create more better updates.

j0xPu5R.png

I am perfectly content at this point - sweet new capes, duel arena, etc.

If we get summon, awesome. If not, awesome.

sigraniiixx.gifEye-X.gif

blg.giff2p.giftfsn.gif

[spoiler=Stats:]Updated December 22, 2011:

Total level - 1442 - 170M+ XP , Combat level - 115

Combat skills: Attack - 90, Defence - 99 (24.45m+ XP), Strength - 90, Constitution - 99 (16.42M+ XP) Ranged - 99 (13.32M+ XP), Prayer - 60, Magic - 99 (13.25M+ XP)

Non-Combat skills: Cooking - 99 (13.80M+ XP), Woodcutting - 99 (31.95M+ XP), Fishing - 90, Firemaking - 99 (24.82M+), Crafting - 90, Smithing - 90, Mining - 85, Runecrafting - 60, Dungeoneering - 85

Why not reward f2p'ers? At least they're not the ones whining and Jagex knows that!

5 dollars a month should not entitle anyone the right to both whine, AND slander the company, and the game they've created.

Well if you bought something that was broken or you didn't like wouldn't you want to return it? If you got it for free then you might as well keep it and enjoy that you got it for free.

Same thing happens with rs. People who pay expect something greater than people who don't and are entitled to "whine" if they do not recieve such.

1288581197250-1.jpg

F2p just got a HUGE update, new bank space, minigames, something that they NEVER have gotten before. If any f2p'er isn't happy now, i'd be surprised.

Absolutely right, we should NOT get summoning. I'm even quite surprised that we got as much as we did in the last update ... even the bank space that everyone has been on about for so long. Any F2Per seriously asking for summoning needs to realise that they aren't the centre of the world!

WARNING: Prone to ramble ... but you probably already know that!

truffoo.png

1% F2P : 99% RL

Anyone who is a paying customer has a right to complain if he or she doesn't feel the service provided is up to snuff.

I have to admit, I'm suprised you'd make this comment. You struck me as having a more balanced opinion on things. Calling F2P freeloaders when they offer Jagex a cash flow in form of ad revenue (true, ad revenues are the internets biggest joke, but that's beside the point). In addition, MANY members originate as f2p accounts. Jagex knows this so over time they cater slightly to them.

However, this was not a F2P update, more of a overall update that affects all. Removing the wild as it was meant you had to replace both f2p and members with the mini-game or alienate potential future customers. Smart business tactic is all.

That said, yeah, Jagex is not likely to lose much sleep over F2P. It's still moderated and monitored, but that's to make sure it's not being abused (and lose future members).

nukemarine.png

Learn how to Learn Japanese on your own - Nukemarine's Suggested Guide for Beginners in Japanese
Stop Forgetting Stuff for College and Life - Anki - a program which makes remembering things easy
Reach Elite Fitness - CrossFit

Great, so we got

-Duel Arena wit ha 3k Cap :?

-Bounty Hunter, which stinks, clans dominate, all multi, pures over 55 ruined :x

-Bunch of ghosts :roll:

-Clan Wars. :?

-No [bleep]ing pking :wall: :boohoo: :uhh:

-Messed up prices :boohoo:

-Assist System :?

-Bank space :thumbsup:

I'm gonna quit ... jagex just ruined my fun in runescape

clickforblog.jpg

My lvl 90 and lvl 48, c1oud and waf1le, hacked, lost about 28 mil overall .

zzzuperthingy-1.jpg

paulkill.jpg

A Man Died - 100% F2P -Skiller/Pure Ranger

I have been a F2P for a good two or three years, and do not think we will get summoning. With the updates they did we would not get it. First major update in the time I played (I don't count SOS) so that means a year to do nothing with.

If they did (by some miracle (maybe a Christmas miracle)) give F2P a new skill it would not be one members just got. It would be something older like aligty, or fletching.

Eh. Don't hold your breath.

If the CORPORAL beast is this hard, imagine how hard a GENERAL or COLONEL beast would be. a corporal is not even an admirable rank in armies that use that ranking system.

Yeah, it is a pking minigame, so any arguments anybody makes will probably be biased.

The best way this will end :Everybody just says,"I'm not arguing with you anymore, goodbye."

The worst way this will end: I don't really know, psychological warfare? Worldwide thermonuclear war? Pie eating contest?

f2p are not free-loaders and if anything require much more patience etc to reaise thier skills as do us because we have more options so i highly sudgest you take statistics into to your acusations.

ontop of that i dont think f2p will get summoning, it would be good that they get a new skill in over 5 years since members was created but with the amount of objects possibly used for it i just dont see it happening imo. if it does then personally i'll drop members and go no-lifeing to 99 or as high as i can ( within the amount of spare time i have availiable :-w )

Popoto.~<3

oh please, not u too...

some people actually care about the community in general, not just their own stupid bank space or such... im not much of a protester in this case, but even i feel bad about good people quiting.

on topic - no summoning will never be F2P, and thats a good thing. Not for me, not for other F2p-s, but good for the game.

This is the world we live in

And these are the hands we're given

Use them and lets start trying

To make it a place worth living in

+1

YOU guys don't got the eggs except chicken. SO no. Enjoy playing your little demo.

Also +1 on Qeltar on them being free loaders in the sense they are suppose to pay for the P2P version but don't.