So how DO you make a large amount of money now?

ugafan_2009

As some people have said - Why the obsession with acquiring loads of pixels that represent money in the shortest possible time? Its this obsession that has brought us to our current situation. If people did not have this obsession then RWT would not have customers, so they would not exist. If they din't exist then 90% of bot and all gold farmers would not exist. If the autoers/gold farmers did not exist then Jagex would not have need to take the drastic steps they have just taken.

So, basically our whole situation is due to people like the author who are obsessed with getting rich quick.

Hmmm, I can tell you I was not obsessed with getting rich quick.

But if you can make money twice as fast for less effort, why wouldn't you? I'm sorry that you want to take the boring way out and wc or something.

Quit RS, combat 104, total 1651

ugafan2009.png

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I alch noobs for 5k ea.

Just joking, I'm not making money at he moment, but because theres no pkers anymore, I'll probably start rc'ing.

Goldenjkered.png

Whips: 3 Dragon Boots: 15

My 99's: Attack & Cooking

Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/Goldenjkered

I invest on stuff. (Hate to have money stacked in my bank without using them)

I mine Runite too and considering to start cutting Yews when I get bored of Rune-mining but as it looks right now,

Rune-mining is still fun. :D

I don't really need money but runecrafting is just too boring to train and I don't mine Runite for money, I just do it because it's fun and I need just one more Smithing level to reach my goal.

As some people have said - Why the obsession with acquiring loads of pixels that represent money in the shortest possible time? Its this obsession that has brought us to our current situation. If people did not have this obsession then RWT would not have customers, so they would not exist. If they din't exist then 90% of bot and all gold farmers would not exist. If the autoers/gold farmers did not exist then Jagex would not have need to take the drastic steps they have just taken.

So, basically our whole situation is due to people like the author who are obsessed with getting rich quick.

Hmmm, I can tell you I was not obsessed with getting rich quick.

But if you can make money twice as fast for less effort, why wouldn't you? I'm sorry that you want to take the boring way out and wc or something.

OK apologies for the accusation I made.

Actually I can now make money twice as fast for less effort. Its called the Grand Exchange. Thanks to the GE I have been able to sell quickly lots of stuff I had in my bank, but could never be bothered to sell the "traditional" way. I can now also sell items whilst skilling. In fact I am now the richest (in terms of cash) I have ever been in my entire RS life as I now have over 10 million in the bank. Up to the GE I rarely had more than 2 million in the bank.

Runecrafting is INCREDIBLY dull and time consuming. Trust me. I know. I have lvl 50 runecrafting.

(Doubles over laughing)

Oh, you must know. It takes like 110k xp to 50 rc! Thats 11k deaths. You sure would know!

Runecrafting has really taken a blow, with ess soaring up to 130 each right now and nats as low as 240.

btw, I've made more than 110k runecraft xp in a day more than once.

lalalasig2.png

i've rc'd over 2m nats

at 91+ i was rc'ing 4k nats an hour

2k ess at 80 ea = 160k + 20k of pots

4k nats * 300 ea 1.2M so approximately 1,020,000 profit an hour

now if you're over 91

2k ess at 120 ea 240k +20k of pots

4k nats *260 ea = 1040000 so 780,000 profit an hour

still pretty decent

solo/duo mage at dk will probably be my top pick for consistency

no more lurers

What?

m_theory11.png

i've rc'd over 2m nats

at 91+ i was rc'ing 4k nats an hour

2k ess at 80 ea = 160k + 20k of pots

4k nats * 300 ea 1.2M so approximately 1,020,000 profit an hour

now if you're over 91

2k ess at 120 ea 240k +20k of pots

4k nats *260 ea = 1040000 so 780,000 profit an hour

still pretty decent

solo/duo mage at dk will probably be my top pick for consistency

no more lurers

I'd leave that one out :)

-Hey mate, just got a d axe.

-Share?

-Can't, limited trades...

-What about lootshare?

-Hmm okay, ill stay here till you get something

....*some time later*...

-woot, another axe!

-share?

-can't, limited trades...

-what about lootshare, we just put it on. I should have gotten that axe.

-hmm, ill stay here till you get 2 axes yourself too.

RUNE CRAFTING!!!! people with 91+ rc can make over 70 million a month if they play a bunch

and monster killing! ever heard of a visage? god sward hilt? SLAYER MONSTERS?!!?

people are so used to swindling noobs in the wildy and scamming (x loging and rule switching) in duels, that they dont know how to make money now. It really makes me sick.

=D> well said I second the notion

how about working for it like the rest of us have been doing for years?

lord+krohn.png

RS name: lord krohn Combat 138

slayer specific: 103 whips, 38 dark bows and 250+ dragon boots dropped to date.

Dragon drops: 5 Half shields, 21 drag legs, 8 dragon skirts, and 9 drag meds dropped to date.

Everything shouldn't be about making large amounts of money. :notalk: -.- <.<

money can buy you most things.

true, but game wasn't designed to be able to buy max stats, and use best equipment with under 6 months total play time....there is other games for that...

lord+krohn.png

Dragon drops: 5 Half shields, 21 drag legs, 8 dragon skirts, and 9 drag meds dropped to date.

I'm sorry, but the notion that Merchanting / PKing and Staking was money without work is quite unfounded. Like everything else in RuneScape, they are skills that must be developed.

A successful merchant [And I mean a good merchant, not a lazy auto-typing robot.] Has honed his skills, in both market analysis and the ability to close a good deal just the same as a miner going for 85 mining or a RCer for 91. The only difference is his success is measured not in pixels in the stat bar, but by pixels in the inventory bar.

Similarly for staking and PKing, to be succusful here, not only do you need to plan out and train your character well, you also need to learn and master the correct techniques. A poorly played staker or PKer will only end up losing a lot of money. A poorly played skiller will only end up making money slightly slower than his 'smart' counterparts. I prefer a playstyle that rewards the skill and ability of the player, rather than the skill and ability of the character.

At the end of the day, these methods were perhaps easier in terms of boredom and repetiveness than skilling. However if one enjoys them more and finds them more effective, it's smarter to use them?

I remember a wise man once played by the motto: 'Play smarter not harder'. ;)

That's all these players were doing. And thats why we resent these fundamental changes to our playstyle.

'Rock Hard' boss pure - 60/60 Attack | 99/99 Range | 1/1 Defence | 44/44 Prayer | 99/99 Strength | 99/99 Mage - level 79 combat EOC

## '07 Server ## "Best Runescape update ever: Removing 6 years of updates."

Rock_Hard.png

"Warning: If you are reading this then this warning is for you. Every word you read of this useless fine print is another second off your life. Don't you have other things to do? Is your life so empty that you honestly can't think of a better way to spend these moments? Or are you so impressed with authority that you give respect and credence to all that claim it? Do you read everything you're supposed to read? Do you think every thing you're supposed to think? Buy what you're told to want? Get out of your apartment. Meet a member of the opposite sex. Stop the excessive shopping and masturbation. Quit your job. Start a fight. Prove you're alive. If you don't claim your humanity you will become a statistic. You have been warned- Tyler"

Runecrafting is INCREDIBLY dull and time consuming. Trust me. I know. I have lvl 50 runecrafting.

50 rc is nothing...I am 79, and it's definetly not that bad once you get used to it.

Nats are dropping without the risk of getting pked running the abyss.

That will have an effect, but at the same time, world 36 nats that has been producing millions of nats, and all other runecrafting companies that has been helping people to get a high rc for double nats will die since their trade systems is based on unbalanced trades, which will soon be impossible to make, and RWT used good bots for rcing too that produces even more nats, so in the end, I believe that nats will go up alot instead.

Some people counter that by saying that noone will want to alch anymore because they can't use it for pking/staking, but nats are still used in other spells, and alching is still a very convenient way to get rid of items you get as drops/have no more use for, and fletching, that alot of people still use for money making, still depends on alching, and jagex has promised to bring out many more ways to pk than the bounty hunter, which will also help, but nomatter what happends, mage is good for ANYONE since your mage level is also included in your mage defence calculation. People could also start to REALY try to make money from the tournaments, and then all the old staking equipment will still be needed there.

An another counter arguement is that bots provided most of the p ess used in rc, but I believe that there is a good chance that pure ess will be removed again so we can use normal ess for all runes (remember that Jagex said that the only reason they did it was to remove one of the very few ways a bot could get a good income in f2p, and nove that they can't, so there is no reason to keep them separated, and considering the alternatives available in f2p for money making, mining ess would be a good choice, which will keep the prices of ess down.

lOh, you must know. It takes like 110k xp to 50 rc! Thats 11k deaths. You sure would know!

I am 46th lvl and that was enough for me to understand that RC is the most boring and dull skill in the game ..

Like I said, I once thought so too, but after realy giving it a chance with abyss (and later ZMI for faster xp), that has changed. Niether 68k xp for level 46 nor 100k for level 50 is even close to being enough for that.

I'm sorry, but the notion that Merchanting / PKing and Staking was money without work is quite unfounded. Like everything else in RuneScape, they are skills that must be developed.

A successful merchant [And I mean a good merchant, not a lazy auto-typing robot.] Has honed his skills, in both market analysis and the ability to close a good deal just the same as a miner going for 85 mining or a RCer for 91. The only difference is his success is measured not in pixels in the stat bar, but by pixels in the inventory bar.

Similarly for staking and PKing, to be succusful here, not only do you need to plan out and train your character well, you also need to learn and master the correct techniques. A poorly played staker or PKer will only end up losing a lot of money. A poorly played skiller will only end up making money slightly slower than his 'smart' counterparts. I prefer a playstyle that rewards the skill and ability of the player, rather than the skill and ability of the character.

At the end of the day, these methods were perhaps easier in terms of boredom and repetiveness than skilling. However if one enjoys them more and finds them more effective, it's smarter to use them?

I remember a wise man once played by the motto: 'Play smarter not harder'. ;)

That's all these players were doing. And thats why we resent these fundamental changes to our playstyle.

hehe good point good point ..touch'e

although my siggie quote used to be "train smarter, not harder" 8-) you nailed me on that, great memory on your part <3:

lord+krohn.png

hehe good point good point ..touch'e

although my siggie quote used to be "train smarter, not harder" 8-) you nailed me on that, great memory on your part <3:

:)

Well I suppose can understand why many people have a low opinion of the merchant/PK community. I just get fustrated with the 'Kick them while their down' mentality that seems to be going around. >_<

No fear, i still <3: you.

And I remembered your sig because of it's truth. ;)

'Rock Hard' boss pure - 60/60 Attack | 99/99 Range | 1/1 Defence | 44/44 Prayer | 99/99 Strength | 99/99 Mage - level 79 combat EOC

## '07 Server ## "Best Runescape update ever: Removing 6 years of updates."

Rock_Hard.png

"Warning: If you are reading this then this warning is for you. Every word you read of this useless fine print is another second off your life. Don't you have other things to do? Is your life so empty that you honestly can't think of a better way to spend these moments? Or are you so impressed with authority that you give respect and credence to all that claim it? Do you read everything you're supposed to read? Do you think every thing you're supposed to think? Buy what you're told to want? Get out of your apartment. Meet a member of the opposite sex. Stop the excessive shopping and masturbation. Quit your job. Start a fight. Prove you're alive. If you don't claim your humanity you will become a statistic. You have been warned- Tyler"

i never did :cry:

My private chat is always ON.

Winner of The Tip.It Teamcape Outfit Contest!

6 years. 1 dragon CS drop and some barrows, bad luck?

99melee.jpg

RUNE CRAFTING!!!! people with 91+ rc can make over 70 million a month if they play a bunch

and monster killing! ever heard of a visage? god sward hilt? SLAYER MONSTERS?!!?

people are so used to swindling noobs in the wildy and scamming (x loging and rule switching) in duels, that they dont know how to make money now. It really makes me sick.

Runecrafting is INCREDIBLY dull and time consuming. Trust me. I know. I have lvl 50 runecrafting. And the god sword hilts? They're 100 mil and up (sorry, don't know their current prices) because they're so common. And have you fought one of those bosses? I haven't. And stop bashing PK'ers, they are NOT as bad as people tend to suggest.

Level 50 runecrafting. That's nothing.

I have level 83, only 30k to 84, and I love it. \'

calciumpixelsigil3.png

Click my signature for my blog!

true, but game wasn't designed to be able to buy max stats, and use best equipment with under 6 months total play time....there is other games for that...

Yeah its designed for nice slow leveling so that you will end up giving jagex the most $$$ possible. That whole "spirit of the game" is a marketing ploy, just like 99 skill capes.

curmudgeony.png