20 December 2007 - Development Diary : Summoning & Postbag

313smaus313

20 December 2007 - Development Diary: Summoning - Part 3

In our latest Summoning Development Diary, we are going over what it takes to test and balance a skill so that it can fit in with the rest of the game.

While Summoning isn't just combat-related, its effect on combat will be significant. As such, a large part of this Development Diary's focus is on balancing combat, and the effect it will have on the Combat level. The Diary also covers where to pitch the skill in terms of difficulty, cost and training speed.

Head to the Development Diary: Summoning - Part 3 to read more.

20 December 2007 - Postbag from the Hedge

For many on RuneScape, Christmas is an opportunity to let go and party. In Party Pete's case, that is a very scary proposition indeed! Find out how he has prepared for Christmas in this month's Postbag from the Hedge.

Postie Pete has also been out on the streets of RuneScape, canvassing opinion about this year's updates. The Wise Old Man, Bob the Cat, Ping and Pong all give their two coins' worth about quests, updates and even their own New Year's resolutions.

I'm looking forward to the new skill now, I'm hoping it is fun to level and not another "grind" skill. They said in there somewhere it will be slow to level at first, so I'm guessing the race to 99 might not be as quick as construction was.

I'm interested in how this skill will actually be trained.

From the sounds of it... actually summoning the familiars wont get you any experience at all... but actually doing combat or having the familiar aide you in skills sounds like it would.

One good thing that comes of it is I'll only need to finish the quest to get a dog. And I've wanted a dog for awhile now. And it looks like theres a raven or a crow as well. So I'm tickled to death.

Shiva.jpeg

R.I.P Shiva

Wow this update is immense, new higher combat level will kinda suck for the level 3's though :?

Lol I like how there called familiars, Naboo and Bono from the Mighty Boosh anyone?

Possibly, or theres:

Bono = Musician.

Naboo = Planet in the Star Wars series.

swordfinalqr7.jpg

Denizen of Darkness| PSN= sworddude198

This can be nasty:

lvl 43 summoning lets you summon a cockatrice. The monsters will attack the same target you attack. To fight a cockatrice you absolutely must have a mirror shield.

Nasty combi: rune xbow with enchanted dragonstone bolts and a summoned cockatrice. You can't possible wear an antidragon and mirror shield at once. :o

phata_elise.png

Finnaly i figured out what i wanna spend the money i get from barrows on! Summoning =) Oh and from the postbag, anyone else think that Bob will be the Summoning Skill Cape master?

A_Punk.png

Thanks to all those who have messaged me concerning a revamp of my Range-Slayer guide. Because of you all I will start rewriting it asap.[/color]

Formerly RobinHoodie.

Wow this update is immense, new higher combat level will kinda suck for the level 3's though :?

Lol I like how there called familiars, Naboo and Bono from the Mighty Boosh anyone?

You mean Bollo right? :P <3: The Mighty Boosh (seeing it live \' )

The Development Diaries have got me really interested in Summoning, hope it lives up to it for me :P

wildxyak.png

99: Agility 28/12/14|Thieving 20/03/15

I'm not sure but the article made it sound like it won't be an expensive skill.

Skills that reguire money are usually fast to level (construction, herblore, prayer... etc) but they told us that it'll be slow to level.

Woooo! 138 combat :D IM looking forward to this :P Wonder who is going to get it first :-k

I like the development diaries very much

Sn'C Events Team Member

2v2bjuq.jpg

pixel-sig-1.gif

942nd to 99 hunter 2/8/07|26,042nd to reach 99 fletching 27/10/07|Quest Cape Achieved 22/1/08|50,000th to 99 Cooking 29/10/08

Dagannoth King Drops: 7 Zerkers 2 Axes 3 Warriors | Armadyl: 1 hilt first ever trip and kill | Barrows: 2 Dharok Legs 1 Ahrim Skirt 1 Torag Helm 1 Guthan Spear