New Specials?

Ravenkana

With the loss of the old style wilderness, what will happen to some rather potent weaponry? Namely, Torags and the Abbysal Whip. Why do I ask about these weapons specifically? Well, both of their effects have to do with reducing run energy. Now, monsters don't run only players do. Sure you can still use them to a certain extent in C wars, but bounty hunter's small area makes the special abilities practically useless. The Abbysal Whip won't suffer, but Torag's will. So maybe Jagex might consider changing the effects of those pieces of equipment?

The point of this topic is to also discuss the placement of other items (primarily items used for PK'ing) in the new world order.

If the CORPORAL beast is this hard, imagine how hard a GENERAL or COLONEL beast would be. a corporal is not even an admirable rank in armies that use that ranking system.

Yeah, it is a pking minigame, so any arguments anybody makes will probably be biased.

The best way this will end :Everybody just says,"I'm not arguing with you anymore, goodbye."

The worst way this will end: I don't really know, psychological warfare? Worldwide thermonuclear war? Pie eating contest?

bounty hunter area isnt that small; but the whip's special wasnt that good with old wild and its special isnt good because its such a strong weapon as it is.

o/t- how about phoenix necklaces (enchanted diamond necklace)! or abyssal bracelets (enchanted diamond bracelet). these are totally unused because theres' so little benefit; espcially after gravestones. even before the wildy change. maybe their special could be changed to benefit summoning otherwise noone will get any use out of them but i guess that doesnt matter.

ring of stone might have some summoning effect. in the kb they say yet unknown abilities.

[hide=-this is my signature- guides i've written]full list is at the top of <!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href="http://forum.tip.it/viewtopic.php?f=180&t=775754">viewtopic.php?f=180&t=775754</a><!-- l -->[/hide]

bounty hunter area isnt that small; but the whip's special wasnt that good with old wild and its special isnt good because its such a strong weapon as it is.

o/t- how about phoenix necklaces (enchanted diamond necklace)! or abyssal bracelets (enchanted diamond bracelet). these are totally unused because theres' so little benefit; espcially after gravestones. even before the wildy change. maybe their special could be changed to benefit summoning otherwise noone will get any use out of them but i guess that doesnt matter.

ring of stone might have some summoning effect. in the kb they say yet unknown abilities.

Ya. I've been thinking that a lot of stuff, due to recent updates, is going to become useless and spend some hard time in the GE.
If the CORPORAL beast is this hard, imagine how hard a GENERAL or COLONEL beast would be. a corporal is not even an admirable rank in armies that use that ranking system.

Yeah, it is a pking minigame, so any arguments anybody makes will probably be biased.

The best way this will end :Everybody just says,"I'm not arguing with you anymore, goodbye."

The worst way this will end: I don't really know, psychological warfare? Worldwide thermonuclear war? Pie eating contest?

Well torags special isn't the greatest and people didn't use full torags in the wilderness, just the armour for the good defence. The whip is still the most versatile and powerful weapon in the game.

Bounty hunter is quite big so it would help there, although there are many exits that players can escape from.

I see your point but they still have their uses

Sn'C Events Team Member

2v2bjuq.jpg

pixel-sig-1.gif

942nd to 99 hunter 2/8/07|26,042nd to reach 99 fletching 27/10/07|Quest Cape Achieved 22/1/08|50,000th to 99 Cooking 29/10/08

Dagannoth King Drops: 7 Zerkers 2 Axes 3 Warriors | Armadyl: 1 hilt first ever trip and kill | Barrows: 2 Dharok Legs 1 Ahrim Skirt 1 Torag Helm 1 Guthan Spear

Whip's special suked from the beginning

I hope it can change to becoming lowering att :D

Actually, in the beginning the whip's special ruled. It used to either hit your max hit or nothing at all. Back then hardly anyone used the dds for specs. It got nerfed though and was never really used again. I doubt they'll boost these useless specials as they weren't really used before the wild update.

red-mask-sig.gif?t=1238621802

MSSW4Banner.gif

Whip's special suked from the beginning

I hope it can change to becoming lowering att :D

Actually, in the beginning the whip's special ruled. It used to either hit your max hit or nothing at all. Back then hardly anyone used the dds for specs. It got nerfed though and was never really used again. I doubt they'll boost these useless specials as they weren't really used before the wild update.

Agreed, when original whip was arround i didnt even take a dds, ussually id just spec some one dead with the whip.

Lol, how many people actually use the whip special for its energy drain? They use it more because its a bit more accurate and if they have no other weapons with a special bar they might as well use the whip special to drain a bit of energy and get a good hit.

And who uses full torags in the wild anyway? Torag may have high def, but it has very low offensive and with no super finishes, its a pretty useless weapon (you might do serious damage and energy drain, but you'll never kill him unless you run him out of food with no hope of escape. its very hard to deal a finishing move to a low hp opponent with torag).

I dont think there will be any affect on the whip or torags, their energy drain isnt used mich anyways.

[hide=]

tip it would pay me $500.00 to keep my clothes ON :( :lol:
But then again, you fail to realize that 101% of the people in this universe hate you. Yes, humankind's hatred against you goes beyond mathematical possibilities.
That tears it. I'm starting an animal rebellion using my mind powers. Those PETA bastards will never see it coming until the porcupines are half way up their asses.
[/hide]

montageo.png

Apparently a lot of people say it. I own.

http://linkagg.com/ Not my site, but a simple, budding site that links often unheard-of websites that are amazing for usefulness and fun.

WHAT BOUT KARILS!!!! I mean, Jagex can't even make the case that you can "pk" people at agility course anymore. It is now without ANY point to it.

If you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.

^^^At least I'm not the only crazy one

Good point. Karil's speciel (agility reduction) is also worthless now (not that it was that handy before...) unless there are some agility obstacles in the Clan Wars/BH i am not aware of.

there are none lol.

I've never known anyone to use the whip special or full torag special anyways :-k

The few times I've been in PC people use it on the portals all the time, in case they try and run away :-/

Weren't they smart enough to use a Dds spec?

I've never known anyone to use the whip special or full torag special anyways :-k

The few times I've been in PC people use it on the portals all the time, in case they try and run away :-/

Weren't they smart enough to use a Dds spec?

Apparently not... But this thread is also meant to talk about other items that are now useless thanks to the updates. Torags and the Whip were the only two I could think of at the time...

all weapons that lower's magic is now also useless, unless you use it in like.. pits at someone who just got barrage, lol. also to note, the ancient mace will still rule, you can get your prayer up above max before entering a hard battle instead of in PvP. 8-)

WHAT BOUT KARILS!!!! I mean, Jagex can't even make the case that you can "pk" people at agility course anymore. It is now without ANY point to it.

While there is not an agility course, there is also a uncommonly known fact that agility does actually reduce the accuracy of your opponent. If you look at alot of old pure accounts you will notice they have decent agility, not for running, but for combat.

In BH, if one person in the team was using Karils to reduce agility it would be like reducing a persons defence per say.

And anyone who dosent believe agility effects combat, go to barrows. You will notice a large difference of opponenet accuracy before and after Karil uses his specials on you.

So not useless yet :)

As for torags, not many people use the hammers and thus the whole set since the hammers have horrid stats for their wielding levels. It was never used in the first place really, but its huge defensive bonuses made up for it, so the special really just keeps it from being overpowered. Not to good for PvP, but good for PvE.

dawnsigblue-3.png

i thought whip spec was a drain? anywhere u dont use a diff spec xtra run energy is always useful. dont you get some energy even if you use it on mosters?

Hmmm....

I need a new siggy, get round to doing it later.

Probably.