Guide to the Revenants! (Updates! February 2nd, 2008)

alphakoldes

Not sure if I was plain unlucky or if these things hop servers as well...

I've heard rumors of this too, gotta test it somehow.

You could also make a map of places they are the most common in.

Thanks, if you see in my future revisions, I'm planning to add that.

Some people i know are saying they got darkbow as drops from the revenants. Can it be possible?

This is also in my future revisions to "speculative drops" section.

You might want to replace the warrior helm with the Helm of Neitiznot. It's cheaper and has better stats.

I offered a simple setup that's for minimalists. I specified to wear better armor if you have it, but the principals are the same.

A couple questions, do they all poison the same? If not could you find poison information on them? Or maybe just the poison from the ones you fight (ork, dark beast, knights anything else you run into :wink: )

Looking into finding out each poison level.

Thanks once again for all of your positive input guys - I plan on coming out with a few updates fairly soon - just can't get away from Slayer currently.

Alpha_Koldes.png

-

Man, I really do love Runescape, and I'm sure if it was a real person I would of asked it to marry me by now.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Those 'facts' about revants sound a lot like a RSOF thread by The_Deaders.

Infact, some of those are word for word, the smiting and the knight praying at the alter being the ones that sounded familiar. Anyway, this guide is plagiarism as far as I'm concerned until you get permission from The_Deaders to use it.

:EDIT: Found the thread, turns out his name is The_Deader, he uses Deaders to show possesion #-o Anyway

Quick find code: 19-20-409-54725194

Different format, same information, at least give him the credit he deserves, instead of the small name in the thanks, when you got majority of your guide from him.

You're a tool. First, learn what plagiarism is. I've don't see any segments that are copied word for word from that other guide, especially because the moron calls "standard abilities" STANDERED abilities. Absolutely no evidence of plagiarism.

Myweponsgood.gif

Need assistance in any of these skills? PM me in game, my private chat is always ON

hey great guide 10/10 and also i think i no a spawn point dark WARRIOR fortress ive seen 2 rev imps (1 upstairs), 1 rev werewolf, 1 rev ice fiend, 1 rev ork and 3 rev gobs :ohnoes: and also they can float over unpassable terrain like the water in the bandit camp i saw a rev knight floating over it :shock:

and also are they in the wildy area of edgeville duengon :?: just a thought

Meteor ::'

19857c5c70f25448fa414eadd8c7dea9e.1.gif

hey great guide 10/10 and also i think i no a spawn point dark WARRIOR fortress ive seen 2 rev imps (1 upstairs), 1 rev werewolf, 1 rev ice fiend, 1 rev ork and 3 rev gobs :ohnoes: and also they can float over unpassable terrain like the water in the bandit camp i saw a rev knight floating over it :shock:

and also are they in the wildy area of edgeville duengon

Thanks for the spawn spots, I'll check em out next time I go revenant hunting. And yes, they do spawn in edge dungeon wilderness.

Alpha_Koldes.png

-

Man, I really do love Runescape, and I'm sure if it was a real person I would of asked it to marry me by now.

awesome guide alpha, you have outdone yourself with this one. I no longer walk the wilderness in fear knowing that people are equipped with the knowledge in your guide. Thank-you and thank-you to all the rev hunters out there...keep teh nubs safe!

I Quit. You should too.

If salve ammy works agains them, why don't you suggest using it against them? And if they can poison, why not to take antipoison with you?

I also find wearing holy book best choice in shield slot as it offers defense against every attack+ prayer bonus as rune defender gives negative range and magic defense. Also, instead of warrior helm, I use bearhead, just because its magic defence. And wearing glory has hardly no use because it has no def bonuses, reason why I find gnome amulet better.

No offense, just something that became in my mind :)

If salve ammy works agains them, why don't you suggest using it against them? And if they can poison, why not to take antipoison with you?

I also find wearing holy book best choice in shield slot as it offers defense against every attack+ prayer bonus as rune defender gives negative range and magic defense. Also, instead of warrior helm, I use bearhead, just because its magic defence. And wearing glory has hardly no use because it has no def bonuses, reason why I find gnome amulet better.

No offense, just something that became in my mind :)

Very good points. I didn't recommend using the salve amulet just because I don't know of how many people have done the required quest(s). Again, I am just offering minimalists/EXAMPLE setups. The holy book choice has been recommended before, and I think I will update the guide with that as an option. Glory is good even without defenses bonuses. Thanks for pointing out the anti poisons. Thanks for your input. :)

I dislike your failure to mention how revenant AI can be exploited for quick escapes.

If that's the only thing wrong with the guide, then I'm happy - as you can see in one of my replies, in the future updates section, I'm going to be adding how to use safespots versus them. (Which is my way of saying how to exploit their AI).

Thanks again.

Ive gotten an obby cape drop just so you know o.o!

From which one, and were you smiting?

Add an agility course section please? <3:

In the works :)

Thanks again everyone! New update or two soon, I promise.

Alpha_Koldes.png

-

Forgot one thing..

When I am doing clue, I always have some super energy potions in my inventory. Especially when I go into wildy. I absolutely dont want to run out of running energy when escaping revenant :) It is also reason why I wear boots of lightness and spottier cape instead of dragon boots and obsidian cape.

It also makes doing clues much more enjoyable when you don't have to walk instead of constant running.

If you are doing clue in wildy, you usually dont want attack bonuses, Just defense bonuses. You can usually kill zamorak wizard pretty easily just by using magic protection and thus your attack bonuses don't matter so much. Only benefit that glory has is teleport option.

Well, clues have always been actually only reason why I haveever gone into wilderness. Before and after updates. Plus abyss-crafting.

So, only thing I know something is how to stay alive in wildy, I have no experience of killing anything in wildy :P They are 2 different things.

For sure, for sure. I do like the glory because of being able to teleport out at 30 wild instead of 20 - gotta admit, in certain times, that can be pretty big.

Alpha_Koldes.png

-

It seems to me that ranging is the best method for killing them - all you have to do is get in a ranging spot, and protect range so that the revenant can only mage you. Your dhides should take care of a lot of his magic attacks, and it seems like they'd be easier to kill that way if you have a high ranged level, and you wouldn't take a ton of damage. Or is there something I'm missing?

It seems to me that ranging is the best method for killing them - all you have to do is get in a ranging spot, and protect range so that the revenant can only mage you. Your dhides should take care of a lot of his magic attacks, and it seems like they'd be easier to kill that way if you have a high ranged level, and you wouldn't take a ton of damage. Or is there something I'm missing?

Nope, you're not missing anything. This is a good technique that I should have elaborated on in the ranging setup portion of the guide.

Thanks!

Thanks to everyone else too :)

Alpha_Koldes.png

-

I've killed a Revenant Werewolf near clan wars without taking a single hit. Alone. Why? It didn't attack me. It seems to attack lower levels first. By the way, they are somewhat worthless to kill in F2P, they usually give like 300 gp. The highest I've killed was a werewolf though, but it seems that money is the only drop in F2P.

Matt: You want that eh? You want everything good for you. You want everything that's--falls off garbage can

Camera guy: Whoa, haha, are you okay dude?

Matt: You want anything funny that happens, don't you?

Camera guy: still laughing

Matt: You want the funny shit that happens here and there, you think it comes out of your [bleep]ing [wagon] pushes garbage can down, don't you? You think it's funny? It comes out of here! running towards Camera guy

Camera guy: runs away still laughing

Matt: You think the funny comes out of your mother[bleep]ing creativity? Comes out of Satan, mother[bleep]er! nn--ngh! pushes Camera guy down

Camera guy: Hoooholy [bleep]!

Matt: FUNNY ISN'T REAL! FUNNY ISN'T REAL!

5. Start running east as you pass the south side of the arena. you will come upon some lava craters shaped like a wierd V near the southeast corner of the arena. This is perhaps the only known dark beast respawn (dark beasts are perhaps the rarest revenant and only spawn here about every 30 mins. however, every other kind of rev can spawn here as well) kill any revs.

revbeastlx4.png

(It's on the west end of the scorpion pit, so I don't think that under the lever is the only spawn)

Good guide, I used it as a basis to hunt them, and got that pic as a result.

croppedskill2ph6.png

621st person to achieve 99 slayer on December 3rd, 2007

177th person to 99 summoning on June 21st, 2008