Guide to the Revenants! (Updates! February 2nd, 2008)

alphakoldes

Nice to see this up.

Hey, about the range setup? why is it always a zammy book? I use rune kites, helps def, and since honestly, +10 range wont help as much as + mid 40s in the defense stats.

Addy kites if your cheap.

Just my opinion anyway.

Glad to see its finally up though, hope I helped a bit in it. (Gave the code to Deaders log btw)

katiegirl19.png

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fun guide, you went into a huge amount of detail. On a scale of 1 to fish, I'll give it... a ripe melon.

:anxious:

alright. once, there was a family of the dad, Joe, the mom, Sue and the son Jim. one day they were sitting at the breakfast table eating pancakes. the next thing they knew, 3 giant penguins came in and bit their heads off. they died. the end

Hey, about the range setup? why is it always a zammy book? I use rune kites, helps def, and since honestly, +10 range wont help as much as + mid 40s in the defense stats.

I recommended Zamorak book because the extra ranged attack and prayer bonus is definatly worth it. Most of the time the attacks you need to be most worried about are the magic and ranged, not melee.

This is definatly an option though, I am thinking about adding a section about other options - but as stated in the guide, the samples I put up are just that - samples.

P.S - I added you to friends warren, I'd like to go Rev hunting with ya sometime soon. Let me know.

Alpha_Koldes.png

-

Man, I really do love Runescape, and I'm sure if it was a real person I would of asked it to marry me by now.

Nicely done! This should help a lot. It's pretty weird that they let 126 knights in level 2 wilderness. I swear, I've seen one.

Matt: You want that eh? You want everything good for you. You want everything that's--falls off garbage can

Camera guy: Whoa, haha, are you okay dude?

Matt: You want anything funny that happens, don't you?

Camera guy: still laughing

Matt: You want the funny shit that happens here and there, you think it comes out of your [bleep]ing [wagon] pushes garbage can down, don't you? You think it's funny? It comes out of here! running towards Camera guy

Camera guy: runs away still laughing

Matt: You think the funny comes out of your mother[bleep]ing creativity? Comes out of Satan, mother[bleep]er! nn--ngh! pushes Camera guy down

Camera guy: Hoooholy [bleep]!

Matt: FUNNY ISN'T REAL! FUNNY ISN'T REAL!

Very good guide and you should be proud of it. The most helpful section in my opinon was the part where you showed the setups for the USEFUL parts of the wilderness, such as gree drags, and the HUNTING side, as in killing revs. Overall score 9/10 for the lack of f2p tips, but still an AoW worthy guide :D

HI!

I recommended Zamorak book because the extra ranged attack and prayer bonus is definatly worth it. Most of the time the attacks you need to be most worried about are the magic and ranged, not melee.

This is definatly an option though, I am thinking about adding a section about other options - but as stated in the guide, the samples I put up are just that - samples.

P.S - I added you to friends warren, I'd like to go Rev hunting with ya sometime soon. Let me know.

Awesome I'd love to hunt. I'm currently ranging Avansie's, but whenever someone asks for a rev hunt I drop everything, grab my stuff, and go! [i'm only on for less than an hour during noon GMT cause its morning where i live, so best to hunt in the evening for me]

BTW another tidbit: Revenants almost always attack with their mage attack when they first see you. a good tip for a new hunter is to have a good mage defence armor. turning on protect from mage while the spell is in the air appears to be useless and you can take some bad damage from the initial hit. probably best to keep retaliate on too so as soon as you hear the attack (especially in areas crowded with yellow dots), youre character breaks off toward the rev without confusion.

[hide=]

tip it would pay me $500.00 to keep my clothes ON :( :lol:
But then again, you fail to realize that 101% of the people in this universe hate you. Yes, humankind's hatred against you goes beyond mathematical possibilities.
That tears it. I'm starting an animal rebellion using my mind powers. Those PETA bastards will never see it coming until the porcupines are half way up their asses.
[/hide]

montageo.png

Apparently a lot of people say it. I own.

http://linkagg.com/ Not my site, but a simple, budding site that links often unheard-of websites that are amazing for usefulness and fun.

Nice guide, I'm f2p and this is what I've seen during my short scout in the Wildy:

Seen lvl 126 knight at rune rocks (not moving, just waiting)

Group of an Ork with a Vampire at greater's, i didn't even notice 'em coming in (was reading something =P). They came in through the west, killed some lvl 70 that was with me (he died and lost trimmed rune, but I didn't get chance to loot his grave). Ork left behind at greater's but the vampire followed me and some other 70'er (was friend of other 70'er that died). Vampire attacked those that were nearest. I had to forfeit against that dam thing cause of food loss at Ork.

Legion.gif

Achieved quest (07/08/2009), woodcutting (28/06/2010), attack (21/07/2010), strength + constitution (07/08/2010), defence (26/09/2010), summoning (13/01/2011), herblore (03/03/2011), cook (31/08/2012), firemaking (01/09/2012), magic (08/09/2012), prayer (16/09/2012) and ranged (29/10/2012) capes.

Nice guide, I'm f2p and this is what I've seen during my short scout in the Wildy:

Seen lvl 126 knight at rune rocks (not moving, just waiting)

Group of an Ork with a Vampire at greater's, i didn't even notice 'em coming in (was reading something =P). They came in through the west, killed some lvl 70 that was with me (he died and lost trimmed rune, but I didn't get chance to loot his grave). Ork left behind at greater's but the vampire followed me and some other 70'er (was friend of other 70'er that died). Vampire attacked those that were nearest. I had to forfeit against that dam thing cause of food loss at Ork.

that's pretty much how I forfeited to an ork, but I've also killed a revenant cyclops.

For f2p, I would recommend:

-3 iteming method

-rune plate and legs

-rune scimitar.

-lots of food

-strength potion if needed

-and a holy symbol would be helpful.

OR

-maple bow.

-arrows, mith+

-green body(d'hide)

-green legs (d'hide)

-holy symbol if needed

-lots of food

You can replace rune items with dhide if wanted. If you have rune on and melee, protect from magic, armour has good enough melee and ranged defence bonus to survive the fight.

If you are wearing dhide, protect from ranged or melee (if ranging, protect from ranged). This way, you are protected entirely by one style, and mage is weakened. If ranging, then the rev can't attack with melee, and ranged can't go through. That only remains mage, which is severely weakened by your dhide.

OR if you want to risk it.

Melee full metal armour method:

-Rune full>other metal helm>tt full helm (not recommended)

-normal cape

-holy symbol> power amulet> strength amulet (only gives strength, and power amulet also has defence)> defence amulet.

-rune scimitar> other rune weapon> other metal weapon

-rune platebody (does not matter if tt or not, you aren't skulled)> other metal plate

-Rune kite shield> other metal kite OR if afraid you will lose scim, nothing

-rune platelegs>other metal legs (does not matter if tt or not, you are not skulled)

-green vambs>vambs>gloves>coloured gloves

-SoS boots

Melee green dhide with or no kite and no plate and legs, seeing that you have dhide on, the rest is the same.

ranged:

-coif>cowl>nothing

-cape

-holy symbol>power amulet>defence amulet

-addy arrows>mith arrows

-maple shortbow

-green dhide body

-chaps (green)

-green vambs>vambs>gloves>coloured gloves

-leather boots

Bring 50-75 arrows. No more, and I recommend no less.

22031_s.gif

Thanks for the f2p suggestions and some more nice wonderful ratings :)

Guide Updates

Some wording clarifications

Condensed members equips/inventory

Added full Veracs method

Made a comment about mage attack vs revs

Future Guide Updates

Gravestones

Map (Safespots, rev spawns, rev paths, banks, escapes)

Canonning (multi and single)

Two unconfirmed drops, sara sword from knight, dark bow from dark beast

F2P equips/inventory

HP, Max hit, Poison level for each Revenant

Agility equips/inventory

More pictures on each revenant

Alpha_Koldes.png

-

Man, I really do love Runescape, and I'm sure if it was a real person I would of asked it to marry me by now.

Not sure if I was plain unlucky or if these things hop servers as well, but last night I encountered the Ork while doing a clue in the lesser demon's cage. During the chase around wild I managed to log out and switch to 3 different servers. Each time I logged in there was an Ork nearby to greet me. First time I logged out I was by the church, second time I was by the cemetery.

Eventually I headed north to the Obelisk with mage protect on and managed to get out of there. (Feeling paranoid and out of food I went to Edgeville, switched chat off, hopped servers again, re-equipped and went back to do the clue).

Luckily most of the mage attacks splashed as I was wearing black d'hides. When I was by the Obelisk with mage protect on it did hit with me with a range attack that froze me for a bit.

vlad_the_old.jpeg

Thanks to 4be2jue for the sigs.

Vlad_The_Old.png

There are 10 types of people in the world - those that understand binary and those that don't!

Vlad_the_old.png

10/10 :D

I was planning on giving you 9, but you are going to update f2p so...

You could also make a map of places they are the most common in.

I might go hunt some of them myself later, will PM you or CC you with info.

By the way, I don't think they are able to poison in F2P, because we do not have antipoison.

You might add how do they freeze: Entangle-like or Barrage-like.

rsdeadst7oq2.jpg

Friend of PKGodz

Nice guide, now we can teach those newbie ghost a thing or two

Maybe we should hook a group up and have hunt sometime, my bro (cooldude) knows ya so it could be a good thing to do

Lets hope those dbow and gs drops are true :pray:

You might want to replace the warrior helm with the Helm of Neitiznot. It's cheaper and has better stats.

If the CORPORAL beast is this hard, imagine how hard a GENERAL or COLONEL beast would be. a corporal is not even an admirable rank in armies that use that ranking system.

Yeah, it is a pking minigame, so any arguments anybody makes will probably be biased.

The best way this will end :Everybody just says,"I'm not arguing with you anymore, goodbye."

The worst way this will end: I don't really know, psychological warfare? Worldwide thermonuclear war? Pie eating contest?

Really great, in depth guide!

A few pointers I picked up when hunting them-

They are very easy to find around the greater demons area

I took a ranged set-up, using a dark bow for spec and then switching to crossbow and rune kite worked pretty well, I also took a torag helm for extra defence and I lasted out there solo for quite a while.

Another pointer when fighting them is that you can switch prayer accordingly if you can see the attack coming-similar to fighting the Jad at fight caves.

I don't bother with this however, and just keep protect from Range on because if you have decent Mage defence they won't hit you very well at all with that combination.

A final thing, I really like the set-ups you list but really nock off the obby cape for a mage arena one :P

But yeah I really enjoy hunting them even with a small group of friends, despite all of my drops being coins -.-

Extreamly nice guide, but tbh, I don't think they replace pkers....

I tried to hunt them with a group of friends when they first came out, i fought off about 3 of them with me and 1 friend and i was wearing d hides

Anyways I loved your guide, the smite thing helped a lot and i didn't know that

I have 1 question though...

Does a R.O.W. work?

old_mage501.png

old_mage501.png

94 Magic achieved on 1/21/07 10:10 am

http://forum.tip.it/viewtopic.php?t=724819 <=My blog

Those 'facts' about revants sound a lot like a RSOF thread by The_Deaders.

Infact, some of those are word for word, the smiting and the knight praying at the alter being the ones that sounded familiar. Anyway, this guide is plagiarism as far as I'm concerned until you get permission from The_Deaders to use it.

:EDIT: Found the thread, turns out his name is The_Deader, he uses Deaders to show possesion #-o Anyway

Quick find code: 19-20-409-54725194

Different format, same information, at least give him the credit he deserves, instead of the small name in the thanks, when you got majority of your guide from him.

aquasig2lc8.png

^^Click For Monster Hunting Blog (180M+ in drops)^^

Honestly, i find revenants much harder than pkers. #-o

So now, I'm finding it hard to get my ghostly back! :x

Oh well.. and also, in lvl 55 wild, i can be attacked by the 126 knights. I'm 91 cb. It's kinda hard to fight 'em. :roll:

Qucke.gif

Aqua, you don't even know what you're talking about.

I gave him an interview, asked him questions, took information from his blog, AND showed him the guide upon it's completion. This was after I had the bulk of my guide and facts already created. He said it looked well done, and are still friends and talk in game frequently.

NOTHING is word for word, considering he uses AWFUL spelling and grammar. I didn't even paraphrase anything he said.

Most of my information I obtained by spending hours in the wilderness fighting revenants.

I'm sorry if you feel that my credits at the bottom of the guide (posted along with the FIRST PUBLICATION of this guide) aren't good enough for you, or should perhaps be in bigger text or something.

Maybe you should do a little more investigating before you throw around accusations of plagarism when I worked on something very hard and spent a lot of my time on.

Please do not reply to this thread again, PM me if you feel you need to defend yourself, but I won't have this thread become a flame war.

*Edit* - I posted this on the thread instead of PMing him because I feel like if anyone else feels like this is plagarism, then please refer to this post - then PM me. The continuing flaming/accusations in this guide are not constructive.

Alpha_Koldes.png

-