Guide to the Revenants! (Updates! February 2nd, 2008)

alphakoldes

OMG

AWESOME GUIDE

ILY SO MUCH ALPHA

I AM YOUR BIGGEST FAN. :]

ehehehe.

Anyways, nice guide.

But are all the revenants f2p as well?

Lol unless the wildy turned mem only, but yes all revenants are f2p/p2p

3 Dragon Claws, 60+ Barrows items, 2/4 Gwd Hilts(Bgw & Agw)

Quest Cape, Woodcutting Cape, Cooking Cape, Fletching Cape, Prayer Cape and Hitpoints Cape.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just so you know, I would like to confirm the speculation of revenants praying at altars. My friend was doing a level 3 clue near the chaos altar in the wilderness, and a revenant came up to the altar and prayed at it before attacking him.

Since revenants would have no use for other prayers, this probably means they do use protect item. The same friend who got attacked by the praying revenant also told me that smiting them will cause them to drop "pker like" drops. Unconfirmed examples include glory, dds, maybe even whip or dark bow, etc

yes thats right newbs like me rev hunt. :oops:

i used a melee setup replacing platebody with d hide.i survived a long ime and even killed an orc :lol: we hunted near the axe hut as people reported them to spawn there.nic kept luring me to ce :wall:. but guys i hear people complainin and stuff about how they are too strong. i am neeb and easily kill them you just need experience and a curious mind :anxious:

but anyway nice guide koldes. still want that minmalist setup? :lol:

360 GT: hotdogstandyeah

After you nagged me on reading it, I finally did, =p.

It's a really nice guide actually.

Also, you might wanna add an, "almost impossible drop" section, because aren't the god staves untradable? =p.

I'm almost certain that the range attack is the one that freezes you.

2153_s.gif

When a true genius appears in the world, you may know him by this sign, that the dunces are all in confederacy against him. ~Jonathan Swift

userbar_full.png

Website Updates/Corrections here. WE APPRECIATE YOUR INPUT! Crewbie's Missions!Contributor of the Day!

Thanks to artists: Destro3979, Guthix121, Shivers21, and Unoalexi.

great guide, its very useful though i'm not a member.

I'm going revenant hunting, but I cant find any. Are they in f2p worlds??

If you mean rev ghosts, duh.

Yes, I know that now after a bad encounter with a lvl 105.

I asked because I had been in wildy for 2 hours and not seen one

unorclanpixelsigzu1.png

Thanks to the amazing talent of Jopie211 for the sig!

Finest Fist of Guthix Strategy Guide

Looks good, 9/10.

You need to make an f2p section though. I started working on one, but I've been busy so I don't have as much as I wanted. If you want I'll pm you my guide for you to use once I'm done.

15cbz0y.jpg
[bleep] the law, they can eat my dick that's word to Pimp

Very nice guide, I've found that if you with other people and a revenant comes along, they will start to attack the wealthiest person. I was at green dragons on the eastern side of wild, and someone in d legs,d boots, whip, glory, fighter torso and neit helm was attacked first, and then when that person ran away the revenant started aiming for the gold farmers that had a whip i was actually stood next to the rev ork while killing a drag, and then it attacked me with my d scimmy, d skirt, glory and dark gloves once everyone else had ran away.

S_I_G.jpg

Those with a little bit of knowledge are more dangerous than those with none.

Great guide for p2p, but as noted needs f2p tips.

In f2p try to fight them near an altar to keep your prayers going (either the lvl 15 or so one, or the chaos altar). The chaos altar is good because you can trap them inside/outside sometimes (as long as they're not near the door, they can sometimes come through!)

As you alluded to I've been using full rune w/ mage protect prayer on to minimize their damage, or failing that using green dragonhide/rune combo to cover both bases.

I haven't done much ranging/maging of them yet...maging i don't think will be effective due to your bad defense while in mage 'armour' (although, crumble undead????), but high lvl rangers w/ addy arrows while they're blocked could be effective to take away their melee and having effective mage def, just leaving ranged which you can protect from.

Other than that try to fight em with a few friends... because if you see 105's+ by yourself you're almost no chance and better start praying to Jebus :pray:

Nice! Those setups to go hunting are to costly for me to lose though... Although with a good gravestone I suppose it isn't so bad.

Can Revenants gor to the KBD lair? Or the tunnel before?

Oh and...

GO PATS!!!

...Although I'm not really a football fan... but Pats are still the best.

Nice guide.

I'm pretty sure that single combat doesn't apply to the reverants.

I was fighting a zammy mage for a clue scroll in single combat when halfway through a revenant orc started attacking me as well.

I ended up having to run from both of them :ohnoes:

K_G_Is_Me.png

Very nice guide, I've found that if you with other people and a revenant comes along, they will start to attack the wealthiest person. I was at green dragons on the eastern side of wild, and someone in d legs,d boots, whip, glory, fighter torso and neit helm was attacked first, and then when that person ran away the revenant started aiming for the gold farmers that had a whip i was actually stood next to the rev ork while killing a drag, and then it attacked me with my d scimmy, d skirt, glory and dark gloves once everyone else had ran away.

Untrue.

There was this Rev hobgoblin coming in the Demonic Ruins. There there was a lvl 50 in full rune, a lvl 32 with green dhide chaps, and me (lvl 22) with nothing. It fist attacked me from the south (I was in the middle of the ruins), after it killed me, I've seen anothwe hit zoom by my head, hitting the lvl 50, who was a few squares north of me, then It might have hit the lvl 32, who was outside the ruins.

22031_s.gif

I'm almost certain that the range attack is the one that freezes you.

Yes this is correct. I had this in my guide already, but worded a little differently. Thanks for the clarification.

Very nice guide, I've found that if you with other people and a revenant comes along, they will start to attack the wealthiest person.

I have done quite a few tests with this - I believe this was just based on chance and is not actually how the system works.

Nice! Those setups to go hunting are to costly for me to lose though... Although with a good gravestone I suppose it isn't so bad.

Can Revenants gor to the KBD lair? Or the tunnel before?

I actually designed those setups to be less cost effecting than most. Just change your setup to be the same principals/defenses, but lesser armors.

And the revenants can go ANYWHERE in the wilderness, reported by jagex. So if you see the wilderness skull, they can go there, if not, they cant.

KBD = Not wilderness/no skull

I'm pretty sure that single combat doesn't apply to the reverants.

Yeah I stated this in one of the first few General Facts. (barrows reference)

Looks good, 9/10.

You need to make an f2p section though. I started working on one, but I've been busy so I don't have as much as I wanted. If you want I'll pm you my guide for you to use once I'm done.

A lot of people including yourself have mentioned a f2p section. But isn't a f2p basically EXACTLY the same, but you just use your best ftp armor and fish and weapons? Seems in vain to make a whole new section just to say "Here, wear lesser armor."

Thanks once again for all of the positive comments everyone :)

Alpha_Koldes.png

-

Man, I really do love Runescape, and I'm sure if it was a real person I would of asked it to marry me by now.

Hey man, love the guide! I am a rev hunting fanatic, dispite the fact that I've never gotten any drops other than coins, I love the rush it gives you to be fighting such an opponent! I find that taking a circular route through the deep wildy where there are known spots for revenants is the best way to find them, and you can use the high level wilderness as an advantage to attack most of the revs you see.

Here's a quick runthrough of my route (you will probably encounter revs on the way, kill them and continue along the route unless you must bank):

1. Start: Deserted keep.

2.move westward past the mage arena (bank here if necessary along your trip) past the mith rocks and take a slight southwest angle toward Ice plateau. Revs usually respawn in pairs here, so be careful!

3. check the wolf area for any revenants (either goblins or orcs usually) [be careful! the wolfs are in a MULTI COMBAT area! lure the revs AWAY from that]

4. Now turn around and move east UNDER the mage arena.

5. Start running east as you pass the south side of the arena. you will come upon some lava craters shaped like a wierd V near the southeast corner of the arena. This is perhaps the only known dark beast respawn (dark beasts are perhaps the rarest revenant and only spawn here about every 30 mins. however, every other kind of rev can spawn here as well) kill any revs.

6. Head northeast following the deserted keep, (look for any rev KNIGHTS or others inside the keep by the teleport lever, go in and fight if you see any) then head east to the scorpion pit. Make sure to walk along the NORTH SIDE of the pit or else risk running into the chaos elemental. Take a glimpse inside the pit to see of there are any revs.

7. Go around the rogues castle to the teleport obelisk. Kill any revenants there. Now turn around and retrace your steps back to the mage arena, then go foreward again!

I usually encounter 6-10 revs in my route. Remember to use a HIGH POPULAR world as revenants respawn faster there similar to other npc's.

Optional longer route (best for pairs, teams, or clans of rev hunters) is when you reach the ice plateau, go THROUGH it (watch out for ice monsters), then go south until you are on the south side of the gate. Head westward staying close to the lava (revenants respawn near the red dragon isle and lava maze), past the rune rocks and and eventually to the demonic ruins. Go east past the ruins until you see a gate. Go through, pass the major rev respawns until you reach the mage bank (bank if necessary) and repeat!

This route is better for clans, pairs, or small teams than for solo hunters because there are multi combat spots at several points of the route, most revenants spawn in pairs along this route, and you can usually visit all the spots your friends or clan members want to check out for revs so there's no arguing!

Cruddy map of both routes (the clan route is a kind of circular route, the solo route is a one way thing. rememebr that the blue route south of the mage arena is part of the SOLO route. The clan route starts the same as the solo but branches away at ice plateau and returns to the solo route towards the end.):

routekm2.png

Yellow spots= common respawn

Blue line= solo route

Red line= clan/team route

Dont wanna look like im steal your thread, just thought I'd post whatever tidbits I could :D

[hide=]

tip it would pay me $500.00 to keep my clothes ON :( :lol:
But then again, you fail to realize that 101% of the people in this universe hate you. Yes, humankind's hatred against you goes beyond mathematical possibilities.
That tears it. I'm starting an animal rebellion using my mind powers. Those PETA bastards will never see it coming until the porcupines are half way up their asses.
[/hide]

montageo.png

Apparently a lot of people say it. I own.

http://linkagg.com/ Not my site, but a simple, budding site that links often unheard-of websites that are amazing for usefulness and fun.

Very helpful warren.

In order to get some of the drops confirmed, I'm going to keep hunting revenants, and possibly making a map similar to this with 'safespots' and respawn points such as you noted, and perhaps even a path.

Great input, and if I use any of it in further additions to the guide, I will 100% credit you.

Thanks again

Alpha_Koldes.png

-

Man, I really do love Runescape, and I'm sure if it was a real person I would of asked it to marry me by now.