Giving up on green dragons, reverants are too strong

Mucky

I've never posted a rant before, be easy on me...

I've killed alot of green dragons and pkers were always something you had to watch out for. But I also have never been killed by a pker at the green dragons. You just had to be willing to run, teleport, or even change worlds.

The reverants attack me more then the pkers ever did at the green dragons. They teleblock when it was incredibly rare that a pker ever tbed me there. They hit me 20-25 almost every hit. I never even see them, I get hit and I immediately run. I run and eat as I get hit 25, 23, 24. Ive died twice without ever seeing them, I run and start eating as soon as I get hit. I am 95 combat and I think its the 105 ork that gets me. I am not sure, because like I said, most of the time they are never even on my screen.

Now, if Jagex wanted to make the wilderness a more dangerous place to train thats fine. But don't try to tell me the the reverants are replacing the danger the pkers created. These reverants are way over powered.

Ok, I feel better now, thanks for reading. I think I am going to go kill blue dragons from now on. The reverants are stressing me out.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is the vocabulary of the average player so limited that half of them can't recognize that 'revenant' is, actually, a word? And 'reverant' is not?

Sorry to the non-English speaking players.

p2gq.jpg

Now, if Jagex wanted to make the wilderness a more dangerous place to train thats fine. But don't try to tell me the the reverants are replacing the danger the pkers created.

Actually, I'm pretty sure that's why revenants were introduced: to make the wilderness just as dangerous as before.

neraftdfw1.jpg

Sig credit goes to ThruItAll. :D

simpleholyhandgrenade.gif

Now, if Jagex wanted to make the wilderness a more dangerous place to train thats fine. But don't try to tell me the the reverants are replacing the danger the pkers created.

Actually, I'm pretty sure that's why revenants were introduced: to make the wilderness just as dangerous as before.

you cant mathematically time when a pker to come by and start pking someone training anywhere in the wild. but with reverants they show up way more often in a lot of places that barely had instances of pkers

Good. Then the wild is DANGEROUS now.

More so than it was when it was PKer territory.

The wild should have ALWAYS been this dangerous.

Very bright... I reaaaaally hope you haven't gotten the ghostly robes yet, because it is probably going to be impossible now. And don't even start about clue scrolls.

Look, the point of runescape is to be fun, and hard (and addicting), BUT NOT FRUSTRATING! REVENANTS ARE FRUSTRATING OKAY! Just because you don't enjoy pking or doing lvl 3 clue scroll doesnt mean that the rest of us don't. Please, show some respect.

karlpetter.gif

Very bright... I reaaaaally hope you haven't gotten the ghostly robes yet, because it is probably going to be impossible now. And don't even start about clue scrolls.

Look, the point of runescape is to be fun, and hard (and addicting), BUT NOT FRUSTRATING! REVENANTS ARE FRUSTRATING OKAY! Just because you don't enjoy pking or doing lvl 3 clue scroll doesnt mean that the rest of us don't. Please, show some respect.

Although the revenants can be frustratingthey do give the wild the danger that it needed.

All he said was that its more dangerous now, like it should have been in the first place-i dont think he showed anyone disrespect...if anything its realy you who is disrepecting him if you think about it, aru

You dare question my eccentricities?

35aoys3.jpg

~The arus are back~

Lol since the update i got my ghostly robes, and did 5 wildy clues, and the revernants attacked me but i escaped

Sig

Look, the point of runescape is to be fun, and hard (and addicting), BUT NOT FRUSTRATING!

Your first and last parts contradict each other , in your view, as if the revenants were easier to escape from, they wouldn't be adding the difficulty you mention, but adding this sort of real difficulty into the wilderness suddenly makes the game frustrating now that you need real tactics in the wilderness.

Before you could do nothing and there were slim chances you'd be attacked wearing nothing and carrying nothing. The revenants could care less, however, and will kill you either way: So now it's frustrating.

Real difficulty = Frustrating = BAD!

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

Screw saying the Revenants replaced PKers and should therefore be as weak as them, okay? That basis of the Wilderness was that it would be a hazardous place to go in.

Just because PKers weren't as dangerous as Revenants are now, doesn't mean the Wilderness should be nerfed back to the risk-less area it used to be.

If anything, the Revenants have brought the Wilderness closer to what it should've been when it was introduced. A deadly land offering no mercy to the bold adventurer.

All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...

This is the truth!

This is my belief!

...at least for now.

"The Mystery of Life"

Vol. 841, Ch. 26

Get over it. I enjoy PKing and doing level 3 scrolls and have been attacked lots of times by these rvenants and have managed to get away from them.

aglipoy.png

From my experience with them, they're a good challenge for members albeit most of their abilities seem overpowered... The bigger problem is in free worlds where particular abilities like teleblocking are disabled for players. Wouldn't a freeplay PKer NOT be able to teleblock in the first place? :-k

"300 programmers make their futile but glorious last stand against 1000000 angry players in The battle of Misthalin. They fight for honor, glory and new content sacrificing themselves so that their game may live on. This is Madness! This Is JAGEEEX!"

The problem is that before if you saw a pker, you could stay and fight. After the fight if you lost, you knew you came out trying. If you won, good job, now you have some items.

With revenants, they have no drops, meaning fighting them is useless, therefore your only option is to run. If you do decide to fight, you'll probably lose a lot of hp, prayer, and food. Aka, wasting money.

magicmagics.png

Magicmagics.png

Magicmagics.png

The problem is that before if you saw a pker, you could stay and fight. After the fight if you lost, you knew you came out trying. If you won, good job, now you have some items.

With revenants, they have no drops, meaning fighting them is useless, therefore your only option is to run. If you do decide to fight, you'll probably lose a lot of hp, prayer, and food. Aka, wasting money.

They do have drops.

They do have drops.

Really? I check the bestiary, and they got nothing.

They drop like 100 coins if they dont drop nothing.

2153_s.gif

When a true genius appears in the world, you may know him by this sign, that the dunces are all in confederacy against him. ~Jonathan Swift

userbar_full.png

Website Updates/Corrections here. WE APPRECIATE YOUR INPUT! Crewbie's Missions!Contributor of the Day!

Thanks to artists: Destro3979, Guthix121, Shivers21, and Unoalexi.

They do have drops.

Really? I check the bestiary, and they got nothing.

They drop like 100 coins if they dont drop nothing.

I read a list of possible drops somewere, some of which wernt to bad...

I cant remember were for the life of me tho, aru-if i find it ill see if i can post it

35aoys3.jpg

~The arus are back~

I have got an obby cape and 230 bloods and a glory amulet as drops off revs.

The beastiary doesnt even list coin drops, and ive had them drop up to 3k.

Oh, now youve made me realy curious, aru (goes off to grab suplies)

35aoys3.jpg

~The arus are back~

They really do kinda stink from what I heard..:

They teleport or "run" away or something, disappear after a set amount of time, it says so in this guy's guide to Revenants

You are not alone, Our Father, God will always be with you.