New Year's Resolutions! + What did you do for NYE?!

edit: Changed title to also include what people have done for NYE.

Well its that time of the year again to attempt to keep a promise to yourself that you'll keep a resolution for the coming year.

So firstly what's your New Year's Resolutions (if you have any)? And do you rate yourself as having any chance for actually keeping your resolutions? :lol: And have you actually kept any in the past?

Anyway I don't really have any this year, but I will start to get fit again in the New Year for Tennis and Running season coming up, so I suppose I could say that getting fit could be a NY Resolution for me.

Anyway Post yours. :)

Oh and on a side note, I remember going outside to hit some golf balls up at the local park on January 1st this year (2007) and was astounded by the amount of people out running or walking (you'd assume for their NY Resolutions) and then going out 2 weeks later at the same time and place, and seeing far less people running and walking. Kind of sums up NY resolutions for most people. :lol:

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Play more golf, its been awhile since i went to play on a course.

Signature3.gif

With so many trees in the city you could see the spring coming each day until a night of warm wind would bring it suddenly in one morning. Sometimes the heavy cold rains would beat it back so that it would seem that it would never come and that you were losing a season out of your life. But you knew that there would always be the spring as you knew the river would flow again after it was frozen. When the cold rains kept on and killed the spring, it was as though a young person had died for no reason. In those days though the spring always came finally but it was frightening that it had nearly failed.

Get better grades.

It has been bouncing from Cs to Bs all throughout the year. <.<

God I hate math. :evil:

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

There's only one thing I have in my mind that is similar to a new year resolution. It's more like a goal to aim to that I've had for quite a while. It's getting less than a 1,5 in my Abitur note.

Oh, and probably going to (and staying in) the gym.

This signature is intentionally left blank.

Keep up the straight A's that I've gotten in the first half of this school year. I'm in 10th grade and I haven't made straight A's all year since like 5th. I always get one or two B's that screw me up. Other than that, I just want 2008 to be as good for me as 2007 was from June on. My 10th grade year has been amazing.

Stop procrastinating. It;s a serious problem i have. I have 2 school projects due on Friday and a paper due the 10th, haven't started any. Well, I'll get to that resolution later...

whalenuke.png

Command the Murderous Chalices! Drink ye harpooners! drink and swear, ye men that man the deathful whaleboat's bow- Death to Moby Dick!

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE!

angel2w.gif

I already gave up on mine.

[if you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or

by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.]

Fullmetal Alchemist, you will be missed. A great ending to a great series.

Oh yea, I need to volunteer more, too. Actually, I need to volunteer at all. Good colleges look for things like that....

whalenuke.png

Command the Murderous Chalices! Drink ye harpooners! drink and swear, ye men that man the deathful whaleboat's bow- Death to Moby Dick!

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE!

angel2w.gif

Well, I want to keep up the good work in law school. Also, I've only been to about 15 TET & TET AU Events, So I'm looking forward to hitting atleast 200+. I'm never going to stop attending them!

O'Ducky <3:

~ HYT Chat Rules (Click Here): Read before entering the chat. ~

dztf80.jpg

| Former Clan Chronicle Editor | Former Clan Improvement Member| Former TET Member |

^ Crap, it's an entire 20? :(

Reb, that's the spirit.

My resolutions is to work out more seriously so I won't be embarrassed if I ever decide to go join Conditioning class, and to stop procrastinating. Seriously, procrastinating is going to kill me unless I kill it first. :?

Oh yea, I need to volunteer more, too. Actually, I need to volunteer at all. Good colleges look for things like that....
Yeah, I've done about 1 out of the required 20 hours so far. :roll:

You only have to do 20? Man you're very lucky I have to do 60 hours or else I dont get to walk across the stage and get my diploma. I only have maybe 30 and im in my junior year. I really need to start volunteering.

111-1.jpg

Move out of home by March the very latest

Say something and keep to it... :lol:

igoddessIsig.png

The only people who tell you that you can't do something are those who have already given up on their own dreams so feel the need to discourage yours.

* No fizzy drinks (except beer etc...)

* Lose 1 stone before July (getting married)

* Visit gym at least once per week

Pretty simple goals really and the only one that actually requires any time is the gym thing. The rest is just about a little self discipline

Harrington.gif

* Lose 1 stone before July (getting married)

Awwww <3:

Mine would be:

- Do better in school (Lose all that Cs!)

- Drop a jean size, Special K Challenge :XD:

- Put more effort into my piano lessons

And that's about it, one at a time ^_^

Ultra Unholy,

Hearted Machine...

Pass my exams, work my but off and do all my coursework, do all my exams and finish year 11 on a high. I have hardly anytime left before my exams and it is scary that in a few months, the people I have went to school with for the past five years will all be going in their own directions, so my plan is to enjoy the rest of this year, get through my exams, play football and have a heck of a party at the end of it.

Pass my exams, work my but off and do all my coursework, do all my exams and finish year 11 on a high. I have hardly anytime left before my exams and it is scary that in a few months, the people I have went to school with for the past five years will all be going in their own directions, so my plan is to enjoy the rest of this year, get through my exams, play football and have a heck of a party at the end of it.

hear hear!

I think i'll resolve to do exactly the same.

Tk5SF.png

Resolutions need to set a specific goal otherwise they're pointless. Don't say "do better in school", instead say "complete my math homework by the day it is set, don't cheat in tests any more, aim for a B".

I also recommend only setting really small and specific goals. I had much success giving up pizza and fizzy drinks in successive Lents. It's only a tiny thing, so it is achievable. Others might laugh at it when Lent started, but by the end of it they will have broken their self-promises and I was the only one who got anything out of it.

Can promise yourself a reward too. "Get a B in math and I'll buy myself... x".

Probably worth writing it down too, so that you have a real commitment made on paper.

For it is the greyness of dusk that reigns.

The time when the living and the dead exist as one.