Reapairing Gravestones.

craven_range

I agree with whoever said there should be a reward or incentive for blessing gravestones.

It needn't be financial; I agree that we don't want people doing this for compensation. How about a hiscores list like the one for minigames, listing those who have done it the most? Put limits on it to prevent abuse (such as, it doesn't count for anyone on your friends list, and/or you can only get 1 point for any given person once every 24 hours.)

Or maybe something simpler, like a visible halo over the head of someone who blesses a grave? Just a "token of appreciation" would be nice.

That's a good idea... and you could also get a new crest for your POH while you have the halo?

both of those are very good ideas, some1 should mail that to jagex \'

Linkzelda30.jpeg

image2ez.png

[hide=Siggy credits]The Awesome, Epic, Amazing, S3xah A-10 Sig By Unolexi! I wub u Uno!

InsanityV2 Did the Franz Ferdinand Sig.

Killerwatt is responsible for the Arctic Monkeys sig.

Pat_61 did the B-2 sig and the raptor sig.[/hide]

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Would you be offended in my situation? Im in your situation -.-

Would you have repaired my grave? Yer

Has repairing graves become something that people "should" do? Yeah... If more people did i wouldn't have lost 1,5m and rune defender ='[

I just bought full Dh and was at anokous {whatever they're called) I was getting my health down and my friends were looking for a world then one had to go so i was looking at my keyboard and typing cause I was tired and I'm nub and the i look up and 2hp left! Ahhhhh so i click a lob then get hit a 2. I got back and the people there were like "I don't like to waste prayer" So here I am killing greens for 1,5m. <.< :boohoo: -.-

Michigander.png

Maybe the halo could be like a reverse-skull, meaning that if you died you would protect 1 more item, to a total of 5 items.

and i would always repair someones grave.

Rubber chicken, you're the one,

who makes Runescape, so much fun!

Would be fun if jagex brought in biological warfare... Or even Tesla coils.

I like to eat cake while excruciating!

• 6 months later...

Would you be offended in my situation? I would be extremely annoyed because this has already happened to me :wall:

Would you have repaired my grave? Yes I would have repaired your grave, I mean jeez it's only 3 prayer points...

Has repairing graves become something that people "should" do? You should do it if it's only you in a not-so-easy to reach area.

::'

P.S. Sorry I just bumped this from the last page to the front, I found it something worthy to post on. And I dont see why it can't be answered by anyone who didn't post on it. Sorry if you're mad or something :-#

in my opinion gravestones are a disgrace to the game, it takes all risk away. who cares if you die now you have a gravestone. if i see a death i dont repair gravestones or bless. i feel they deserve what they get and if they lose items they will take it as a lesson learned. or maybe even quit the game.

Dragon Drops: 5 medium helmet, 3 left shield half

Obby: Maul 1, Cape 1, Shield 1

in my opinion gravestones are a disgrace to the game, it takes all risk away. who cares if you die now you have a gravestone. if i see a death i dont repair gravestones or bless. i feel they deserve what they get and if they lose items they will take it as a lesson learned. or maybe even quit the game.
Get a Heart.

Also, Don't bump old topics.

3-points-sig.jpg

I really don't see what's wrong with bumping an old topic as long as it's a valid reply given?

As long as this topic is bumped, I can say that I would bless any gravestone of a person who wasn't intentionally rude to me before he died( by doing something such as walking to the kalphite lair and setting up a cannon).

Get a Heart.

Refer to my P.S. in my reply mkay?

I don't see anything wrong with it since this is still a good discussion because there are no update variables to change anything thats said in this topic.

I agree with post above me. :thumbup:

As long as there are constructive and contributory additions to the original topic, it's not considered a bad or reportable "bump".

I always bless people's gravestones.

What goes around comes around.....

2bcacd2197.png

"America will never seek a permission slip to defend the security of our people."

-George W. Bush

I would be mildly annoyed, because that is pretty rude, but in the end, noone is required to repair graves, but most decent people will.

It really is just a matter of the person's attitude toward others, and there really isn't anything you can do about that.. So I guess be happy when people do repair, and when they don't, don't be too angry. :|

There is no meaning or truth in life but that which we create for ourselves.

40678187bv4.jpg

if this turns into some kind of "honor" thing like the old wilderness [cabbage] i wont be surprised at all.

if you die in falador, when im standing around doing nothing, maybe ill bless your grave. maybe. if the mood strikes me.

if im at godwars or another potentially dangerous situation, then quite frankly, screw you i need my prayer points. remember that most of the time when people are training next to each other, they are rooting to see you die so they can loot your death pile. with the introduction of graves, i no longer have that chance so im inherently pissed.

Get a Heart.

also if you would look at post times i wasnt the one to bump the topic so get a brain maybe?

Once someone suffered a fluke death at green dragons. I repaired his grave and even picked up a few bolts he left, dropping them on his grave when he returned (after one repair :)). I'd want people to do the same for me.

As far as arrow stealing, which has been mentioned, I pick up any arrows I see, as well as any drops left behind, but if they're asked for then I'll return them. I just don't want them to disappear. :|

First skill to 70...

zaybex.png

As a player who recently suffered an unnecessary death, I would like to comment on this topic. Long story short, I got killed at Iron Dragons due to mine own mistake. But here is what got me...

I forgot my Anti-Shield, as I do not hunt Dragons often. This was my 40th Slayer Task in a row, so I decided to finish it out. I had Antifire Pots, though. I go running into the Iron Dragon part and the first few in line of sight are occupied. So I head east and down south following the cave walls. I get to the south-east most Iron Dragon and there is no one around. I cast Slayer Dart. I get hit hard. I drink antifire. I still get hit pretty hard. Then I realize my Anti-Shield isn't with me. So I haul [wagon]. I run north, hoping to get outside of his range. No good. I start running west, toward the entrance (all I had was Hometele). I get to the entrance where the first Iron Dragon you see when you walk into the area. There is a ranger there, without prayer on killing this one. I take my last hit. I quickly hit this sequence: Enter>G>E>3. I'm in Falador (respawn point). I'm panicking. But I know my Quick Chat message of "Please protect my gravestone" got out before I spawned in Fally. I start to gather recovery gear. I get to Brimhaven and pay the dude to go in, no message about repairs. As soon as I step through the door, I see the message, "Your gravestone has collapsed."

I yell and I curse and a flip out, IRL. 1k Slayer Dart casts, and parts of Ahrims gone. I keep going down there, just to check and to find out why the dude, didn't do anything to help me. I get back there and he's says QUOTE: "Lol, wuddup noob." I ask why he didn't help me and he replies, "Because you crowding up the place." Then I lost it, cursed my head off at the idiot, logged off and didn't play for the rest of the day. I needed to calm down and evaluate what all I lost and how to get it all back. Thankfully I didn't banned for my colorful remarks.

I guess the only real point of all this is, that if I had had the best gravestone, I would have (probably) been able to get back there on my own.

But the way people acted totally destroyed my day. I would have been a whole lot less pissed off if he had said something like, "I'm out of Prayer." or something along those lines. Instead, he feeds me a [cabbage] line about me crowding up the place? I wasn't anywhere near the R Tard. And I never stole a dragon from another player. I found his behavior absolutely appalling. And in retrospect, I didn't do very nice things after that either. I went to Blue Dragons, to make some money back to recover my stuff with. I completely dominated the area, taking blue right out from other people. Why? Because no body gave a [cabbage] about me when I was in trouble, so why the [bleep] should I care about anyone else anymore?

I still feel this way right now. That was the rudest of rude things that person could have done. So now I feel like taking it out on the rest of the players around me. Why? Because no matter what I do, I don't have to worry about consequences as long as I don't break the game rules.

Is that what this game has come down to?

As a player who recently suffered an unnecessary death, I would like to comment on this topic. Long story short, I got killed at Iron Dragons due to mine own mistake. But here is what got me...

I forgot my Anti-Shield, as I do not hunt Dragons often. This was my 40th Slayer Task in a row, so I decided to finish it out. I had Antifire Pots, though. I go running into the Iron Dragon part and the first few in line of sight are occupied. So I head east and down south following the cave walls. I get to the south-east most Iron Dragon and there is no one around. I cast Slayer Dart. I get hit hard. I drink antifire. I still get hit pretty hard. Then I realize my Anti-Shield isn't with me. So I haul [wagon]. I run north, hoping to get outside of his range. No good. I start running west, toward the entrance (all I had was Hometele). I get to the entrance where the first Iron Dragon you see when you walk into the area. There is a ranger there, without prayer on killing this one. I take my last hit. I quickly hit this sequence: Enter>G>E>3. I'm in Falador (respawn point). I'm panicking. But I know my Quick Chat message of "Please protect my gravestone" got out before I spawned in Fally. I start to gather recovery gear. I get to Brimhaven and pay the dude to go in, no message about repairs. As soon as I step through the door, I see the message, "Your gravestone has collapsed."

I yell and I curse and a flip out, IRL. 1k Slayer Dart casts, and parts of Ahrims gone. I keep going down there, just to check and to find out why the dude, didn't do anything to help me. I get back there and he's says QUOTE: "Lol, wuddup noob." I ask why he didn't help me and he replies, "Because you crowding up the place." Then I lost it, cursed my head off at the idiot, logged off and didn't play for the rest of the day. I needed to calm down and evaluate what all I lost and how to get it all back. Thankfully I didn't banned for my colorful remarks.

I guess the only real point of all this is, that if I had had the best gravestone, I would have (probably) been able to get back there on my own.

But the way people acted totally destroyed my day. I would have been a whole lot less pissed off if he had said something like, "I'm out of Prayer." or something along those lines. Instead, he feeds me a [cabbage] line about me crowding up the place? I wasn't anywhere near the R Tard. And I never stole a dragon from another player. I found his behavior absolutely appalling. And in retrospect, I didn't do very nice things after that either. I went to Blue Dragons, to make some money back to recover my stuff with. I completely dominated the area, taking blue right out from other people. Why? Because no body gave a [cabbage] about me when I was in trouble, so why the [bleep] should I care about anyone else anymore?

I still feel this way right now. That was the rudest of rude things that person could have done. So now I feel like taking it out on the rest of the players around me. Why? Because no matter what I do, I don't have to worry about consequences as long as I don't break the game rules.

first off its your fault you died, and its noones responsability to repair your grave. you deserved your death take the loss. just dont die near me because all ill do is dance on your gravestone

first off its your fault you died, and its noones responsability to repair your grave. you deserved your death take the loss. just dont die near me because all ill do is dance on your gravestone

I know what you feel like, I died at monkey guards and lost some good money... there were guys there with i know 70+ prayer and a [bleep]ing alter right there but no he didn't even repair it, I saw my own grave collapse about 15 squares ahead of me... BAD DAY! :wall:

That kind of remark right there is what is bringing this game down. People like you don't even deserve their account. Also, people like you don't keep their accounts very long...which is a good thing.

First off, I will admit it was my fault. And yes, I deserved to die from it. But that does not excuse the player's actions, nor yours, from being rude to another person. I did nothing to deserve that kind of treatment.

People like you and him make me sick. And I would have no qualms about knocking any of your teeth down the back of your throat over this kind of behavior.