Reapairing Gravestones.

craven_range

In that kinda situation I would have been pretty ticked off that nobody repaired my gravestone, eventhough they have no gain from doing so except maybe a feel-good factor.

I've never been in the situation of having to decide whether or not to repair someones grve in a combat zone (Mainly because I do very little combat now) but I expect that I would repair it.

When im wandering around, doing farming or in brim agil arena I always repair graves, as I would hope others would do for me (Far fetched hope tho)

One change i think should be made, especially in busy areas is your grave should dissapear once you get back and claim your stuff, coz u cant always tell if theyve been back and U could easily be wasting your points on an empty grave.

Once, I was going to the mage arena and got totally owned by revs, just made it back to ardy bank but died at the booth and some guy blessed my grave for me...I made it back within a min or so tho, and wouldnt have lost anything except my boots of lightness (got 10 pairs banked lol) but because he was kind I gave him a prayer pot in return, and i got my own bones in return...which, as silly as it sounds, was kinda creepy lol

RossoDiavolo.gif

ROSSODIAVOLO.png

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To be honest, I probably wouldn't repair (can't bless) a gravestone unless it was someone who died fighting, or they actually could lose something valuble/hard to recover.

And I'll tell you why, because so far I've not seen a single person die that hasn't done it on purpose. The only ones I've seen are the rich showoffs that just want to show their Angel of Death gravestone, or the ones that know they have virtually no hp, and still keep attacking/pickpocketing and then make no effort to get back to their grave. I just don't have time to stand around for 5 or 10 mins, trying to keep the grave there for someone who just doesn't care.

blazesigbq9.jpg

And I do believe you can expect a small reward from the guy who'se grave you repaired. After all it's because of you he got to keep his items and you did use precious prayer points for him. You dont have to give a reward at all but it woud be pretty rude :) (in my opinion)

If giving a small reward for grave repairing became common then everybody would take the time to repair your grave.

Rather than it being rude not to repair a gravestone, I think it's good gamesmanship to make the repair and in my experience that's down to the individual. Not all players like to be nice.

As for a reward, I repaired one guys grave until he came back and he recovered his clue scroll. (Cave Horrors) After about an hour he announced his reward was 3rd Age Legs. Grateful - nope! Small reward of thanks - nope!

I lost my Dragon Chain in the same place and for sure, if someone had repaired my stone they would have been rewarded handsomely. :?

Rozanante.png

Rozanante.png

Still the proud owner of Quest Cape since 8th December 2007

All skills used to be 70 or higher. (Dang you Dungeoneering. Oh wait, it's not a skill...)

Drops: Whips 8, Black Mask 8, D/Skirt 1, D/Spear 1, D/Shield Left Half 1, D/Boots 12, G/Maul 4, Range Ammy 1, Hexcrest 1.

And I do believe you can expect a small reward from the guy who'se grave you repaired. After all it's because of you he got to keep his items and you did use precious prayer points for him. You dont have to give a reward at all but it woud be pretty rude :) (in my opinion)

If giving a small reward for grave repairing became common then everybody would take the time to repair your grave.

Rather than it being rude not to repair a gravestone, I think it's good gamesmanship to make the repair and in my experience that's down to the individual. Not all players like to be nice.

As for a reward, I repaired one guys grave until he came back and he recovered his clue scroll. (Cave Horrors) After about an hour he announced his reward was 3rd Age Legs. Grateful - nope! Small reward of thanks - nope!

I lost my Dragon Chain in the same place and for sure, if someone had repaired my stone they would have been rewarded handsomely. :?

Reward of 3-30k?

SKIMMYSTROWN AND BETTER THAN YOU.

http://forum.tip.it/viewtopic.php?t=703695

I was dh'ing Monkey Guards and died. When I came back my grave was gone (ran out of bannanas >.<). I looked up the guy who was there with me...82 pray :?

It's not like he would have wasted prayer blessing, but he didn't. Oh well.

Personally, from that experience I'd probably repair if I could (only 60 pray and I don't know what you need to do to repair. If you need a hammer and such, I probably wouldn't run back to the bank to get one).

Repair only extends 5 minutes anyway, in some places it makes no difference.

Reward of 3-30k?

In the case of a recovered D. Chain, yeh! 30k every day (Or max equivalent) for a week my friend.

However this was on Xmas Eve last year :( and the reward would have been 1 Mill I reckon.

Rozanante.png

Rozanante.png

Still the proud owner of Quest Cape since 8th December 2007

All skills used to be 70 or higher. (Dang you Dungeoneering. Oh wait, it's not a skill...)

Drops: Whips 8, Black Mask 8, D/Skirt 1, D/Spear 1, D/Shield Left Half 1, D/Boots 12, G/Maul 4, Range Ammy 1, Hexcrest 1.

Umm, keep in mind repairing a grave does cost quite some prayer points. ever considered maybe the guy needed them...? I got very angry when I lost 1m worth of items after being kiilled by a revenant. I managed to get most of my stuff back but the people who were there (this was by the mage arena bank, there were people there) didnt bless it. I got upset that i only managed to retrieve a few of my things before they dissappeared but hey, they don't have a right to be "polite". it would be very nice to repair a grave, but you shouldn't get too angry if he doesnt repair even though it could have saved you millions.

[hide=]

tip it would pay me $500.00 to keep my clothes ON :( :lol:
But then again, you fail to realize that 101% of the people in this universe hate you. Yes, humankind's hatred against you goes beyond mathematical possibilities.
That tears it. I'm starting an animal rebellion using my mind powers. Those PETA bastards will never see it coming until the porcupines are half way up their asses.
[/hide]

montageo.png

Apparently a lot of people say it. I own.

http://linkagg.com/ Not my site, but a simple, budding site that links often unheard-of websites that are amazing for usefulness and fun.

it could be considered a polite thing to do.

Good thing to be pointed.

Like i just ran a new member arround varrock for half an hour during his diary thing, i'd have repared ! And what if you'd repair me ? i'd give you an instant 30k item for it if i have. I could even bank and get back to do the gift.

We've played rude runescape for too long now. Bots and other put the game in hard competition and relationships went to nothing.

Now that things are easier, why keeping ourself rude ?

Being rude can be fun on the moment. It makes you 'distressing' on the others. but on the long term : you will also face even more rude persons and maybe at a wrong moment... and will be hit hard.

I've experimented being a nice player for a good time now. It never protect me from rude ones i manage to ignore or exclude politely... but it brought me a maxed list of fellow friends i can count on in every situations.... and they can count on me the same. That makes my playtime a real pleasure and is the purpose of a game.

Imagine the reasult : i was finally unlocking eagle nests after i let it away a long time. I missed a part of my hunting equipment and had 20 minutes to wait near a good place to use... I simply pmed some of those friends and found many to bring me what i missed in a couple of minutes.

It made me keeping the spot and i gave nice reward.

Being nice is not a requirement, but it makes things better.

By the way, the peacefull attitude has limits easy to find that has to be taken in consideration when you ask something : don't be a noob.

Oh baby light the dark side...

I would be a bit miffed if someone was around and did nothing to repair my grave.

If I had the chance I would definatly repair the grave - even to extend it to an hour. To give someone the joy of returing and finding their stuff safe is well worth the sacrifice of a prayer pot.

I was very lucky the other day, I had decided to upgrade my grave a four minute one - a few minutes later I lagged in the wildy (for the very first time in 3 years playng) and those darn revenants got me. After a little bit of running around I found my grave stone, with 58 seconds left) - got all my stuff back - phew

Try to go through life being nice to everyone (I know there are those complete ****** that you couldnt be nice too if you life depended on it, but they are the exception) and occasionaly someone will be nice back

Xxxxzedxxxx.gif

I always bless other people's gravestones when there's a possibility that they could lose something.

I can afford to use a few prayer points. It's not like I use them on my slayer tasks.

I was dh'ing Monkey Guards and died. When I came back my grave was gone (ran out of bannanas >.<). I looked up the guy who was there with me...82 pray :?

It's not like he would have wasted prayer blessing, but he didn't. Oh well.

Personally, from that experience I'd probably repair if I could (only 60 pray and I don't know what you need to do to repair. If you need a hammer and such, I probably wouldn't run back to the bank to get one).

Repair only extends 5 minutes anyway, in some places it makes no difference.

lol read opdate pl0x? :lol:

you dont need a hammer to repair it like bless but less cost and giving less time added :wink:

bones to banana spell? 15 sec you would been back to your things :-$

My private chat is always ON.

Winner of The Tip.It Teamcape Outfit Contest!

6 years. 1 dragon CS drop and some barrows, bad luck?

99melee.jpg

Well, first off, I can say that most players do repair graves out of kindness. I have repaired dozens so far, most for random people.

Would I be offended? No, people in general are idiots. Hard to avoid it.

Would I have repaired your grave? Yes, if I had remaining prayer points.

I can say that most of the graves I have repaired did not contain items of value, but I repaired them regardless, and then PM'd the player to come get their items. A few times I have hopped worlds to repair graves for Tipit'ers. The most wealthy grave I repaired for a random person was probably just this week. A guy was afk or something at fire giants, and died with sara dhide and a ranger set. I repaired his grave, and PM'd him, to get no reply. I repaired it 2 more times, then he finally replied to say he was coming (after he got another amulet). When he came and got his items he was extatic, and thanked me for about 30 minutes, repeadily saying "That was all my cash man! Thanks so much!" I'm glad he at least appreciated the effort, which is enough.

91215531.png

Poetry

Indexed Picture 1

Indexed Picture 2

Killed my maxed Zerker pure April 2010

Rebooting Runescape

91215531.png

:) I have blessed several gravestones. I will always do so if I have enough prayer points at the time. It is a basic human kindness as far as I am concerned. The last one I blessed was in high wild where I had been running as fast as my pixel legs could take me round and round the agility course. I saw a player just as he went down barely within view on my screen, so I left the arena and did a full blessing on his grave, then returned to my agility. I gained him 59 minutes... and while I missed his return, he did manage to make it back, because the grave was gone after about 15 minutes.

On the flip side of that.. I do not expect people to repair/bless my own grave. I can certainly hope that someone would do so for me, but I don't see it as some kind of given right that I should be angry or indignant about if nobody is interested in helping me. I bought a better gravestone in order to give myself that few minutes breathing room to get back.

So.. no I don't think a player should feel obligated to bless or repair a gravestone simply because it appears, but I would like to think that people generally are good natured and would do it if they possibly could... And without some kind of monetary reward as their incentive.

No one needs to get their ass on their shoulders about this

--the_tallest1
"Talent hits a target no one else can hit; Genius hits a target no one else can see."
-- Arthur Schopenhauer

My deviantart gallery --- Turtlequirks Zazzle

While it's noone's responsibility to repair or bless gravestones, personally, I would have repaired/blessed it. The only possible reason not to would be if you wanted to conserve prayer points- which shouldn't really be that big of a deal.

He however, was rather snobbish about it, which was rather rude..

I agree.

Tip: I usually add the guy/girl that died, if his/her chat is on then I pm him/her that I blessed their grave.

oie_080707215636np9.png

I repair graves twice before I quit. This is because once when i was training combat, I ended up repairing a grave for about 30 minutes, and the person never came. So, I figure 8 minutes are enough for someone to get to their grave, If they don't show, I assume that they won't.

Penguin Power!

MSSW3sig.png

^The last great war of the Wilderness....

Yeah, I don't have a cool signature, so the MSSW3 sig will have to do....

I have only had the opportunity to do it once, and that was on an Aberrant Spectre task. I actually blessed the stone because I was carrying excess prayer pots, and it was a good thing too because the person that died hadn't completed desert treasure yet for a quick teleport. Not only was it the polite thing to do I actually made a friend from doing so and I wouldn't think twice about doing it again.

I always bless gravestones if i see them.

Recently, i was chinning @ Ape toll Dungeon. I died and lost my ranger boots, full void knight set and more. Tobad my ring of life didint save me. VOID KNIGHT SET TAKES A LONG TIME. I was freaking out, running to the dungeon. I have a 5minutes gravestone, but i was sure i coudnt make it.

Some guy just got there, and blessed my gravestone. I was like THANKYOU GOD. I said thanks a 100x, and if he needs anything, he can always pm me.

Always repair gravestones if you see them, one day you will die, and think "God i hope some'one blessed my gravestone".

sounds bad u lost full ghost.. what it costs? im f2p so im dunno

Best f2p crafter. (I hope)

95m+ bank since february 2009

Crafting with friends in w61 - Al-Kharid

http://www.pointblog.dk/?go=krat(only 1 time per 24 hours per person.. I did'nt make these rules, so don't flame me)

meh

I don't think its offensive to not repair one and don't think you should assume people will or should.

Its a nice gesture to do though.

But its worth investing in the best gravestone you can get for tht extra default time.

I have angel of death, so unless some uber exceptional circumstances befall me I am 100% certain to get bk within the 5 mins

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue