Reapairing Gravestones.

craven_range

What do you guys think about the new gravestones and repairing them.

Last week i died soloing the giant mole, was low on food and about to run out of prayer, got k0'd before i could drink the pot and turn on melee prayer. Normally i dont die down there, it was just a freak situation where everything went wrong at once and i panicked.

I died down there, and as i was dying i saw another guy come, so i thought, phew! i can get my things back.

Anyway i get down there, after getting that silly molly random where you have to pick the evil twin, and my grave was gone!

[hide=What i lost (not relevant)]i was wearing full ghostly, which i lost. this is a pain to get back for me because 3 of my ghosts are in the wild and i always get pwnd by revernants. I also had various items including relatively valuable drops, mole skins and claws, full black dhide and lots of mith bolts.[/hide]

Upon asking him about it, he replied "Its not my responsibility, its your fault you died"

I was quite offended by this, but then thought, hey he is right, its not his responsibility, and he doesnt have to repair my grave, though it could be considered a polite thing to do.

Would you be offended in my situation?

Would you have repaired my grave?

Has repairing graves become something that people "should" do?

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe it is rude not to repair someone's grave. But he's right he doesnt have to at all. On a side note I really suggest you buy a better grave (at least 4 minutes) and never bring hard to get items with no protective bonus in a dangerous area :XD:

Quest cape obtained at combat level 83, march 07.

While it's noone's responsibility to repair or bless gravestones, personally, I would have repaired/blessed it. The only possible reason not to would be if you wanted to conserve prayer points- which shouldn't really be that big of a deal.

He however, was rather snobbish about it, which was rather rude..

RBqi.gif

Can be looted to obtain a variable item and reobtain the imp jar. If you are insane, it can instead be exchanged for impling jars from Elnock Inquisitor.

well, there are some situations where you cant reapir someones grave, like yours. if they were using prayer i doubt they would want to waste it but i'm pretty sure its becoming common courtesy to bless someones grave if your not using prayer or something

Baconxtral.png

Ouch it's bad what people do but

Would you be offended in my situation? Nope

Would you have repaired my grave? Yes

Has repairing graves become something that people "should" do?YES

I ALWAYS repair graves I see as well I hope people would do the same

Thievingcapesigcopy.png

Jeffery.png

180th to 99 Divination + 1st W36er

Rambo, cannot pk call your friends bro :). Wait nevermind none of SAPK/PKS can. Kappa.

And I do believe you can expect a small reward from the guy who'se grave you repaired. After all it's because of you he got to keep his items and you did use precious prayer points for him. You dont have to give a reward at all but it woud be pretty rude :) (in my opinion)

If giving a small reward for grave repairing became common then everybody would take the time to repair your grave.

Quest cape obtained at combat level 83, march 07.

If giving a small reward for grave repairing became common then everybody would take the time to repair your grave.

Yes but then they would be repairing it for the reward and not because they're nice people.

Helping someone out is totally worth the few prayer points spent, and even if I was praying I would repair it. It only takes a couple points to save someone millions of coins after all.

Yes but then they would be repairing it for the reward and not because they're nice people.

Helping someone out is totally worth the few prayer points spent, and even if I was praying I would repair it. It only takes a couple points to save someone millions of coins after all.

I agree with you 100%.

I repair gravestones whenever i can, the only thing that will stop me from repairing them is if i don't have enough points at the time.

If i was the guy down there i would of repaired your stone out of goodwill and playership ( yes thats a word because i made it one :P ) And it wasn't his responibility to repair it but in my eyes he is a jerk for not doing so.. :notalk:

good points all around, though i guess this issue can be related to arrow stealing as they are similar.

Even though it could be frowned upon to not repair graves or steal arrows, there are some people who will do it.

The prayer points cost is not alot, and the items someone lost cannot just be recharged like prayer.

I'll be dead honest here.

I wouldn't be offended. Annoyed, maybe.

I wouldn't have repaired your grave.

Repairing gravestones is not something that people "should" do.

Expecting a good life because you're a good person is like expecting a bull not to charge because you're a vegetarian.

People should definatly repair the grave, it takes virtually nothing to do... If you don't, it's simply being bitter and not caring at ALL about someone else. I'm willing to be it's the same people who used to STEAL your things - but now, since they can't take them, they just want to make sure you don't get them.

Blessing it (using up your prayer) in certain situations can be a different story. It might be your life you're risking for 60 prayer. It's nice to help people, but definatly have to help yourself first.

Alpha_Koldes.png

-

Man, I really do love Runescape, and I'm sure if it was a real person I would of asked it to marry me by now.

I was pretty annoyed today that I lagged out and died at Black dragons in the Evil Chicken's Lair(Mostly cause i loved my lovely Zammy D'hide set and D boots[Which Idk why i was wearing])...and there were people down there, but no one repaired it..Even worse was that i couldn't get back down there, b/c of the Staff...which I lost.

~Ddaanniiellh

overall-1.png: 1437 combat.png: 173
Lowest Combat to 1,000 Total in F2P (23 Combat)
2r8i4.png
Check me out on YouTube!

I was pretty annoyed today that I lagged out and died at Black dragons in the Evil Chicken's Lair(Mostly cause i loved my lovely Zammy D'hide set and D boots[Which Idk why i was wearing])...and there were people down there, but no one repaired it..Even worse was that i couldn't get back down there, b/c of the Staff...which I lost.

~Ddaanniiellh

So how do you know nobody repaired it if you could not get down there?

In Soviet Russia, glass eats OTers.

Alansson Alansson, woo woo woo!

Pink owns yes, just like you!

GOOOOOOOOOO ALAN! WOO!

Would you be offended in my situation? Yes, happened to me 2 days ago at metal drags, lost about 2.2 mill of stuff

Would you have repaired my grave? i always either repair or bless the gravestone if i see it

Has repairing graves become something that people "should" do? people should do it if they see it, but most people dont bother

fulldragsigcopydh25.jpg

I would not be offended

I try to repair all gravestones that I see, after I lost full mime.

So how do you know nobody repaired it if you could not get down there?

The game gives you a message "your Gravestone has crumbled"

I have 80 Prayer so I bless graves when I get the chance. It's one of those "what-if-it-was-me" situations. I bless graves because I would want people to bless my grave if I died.

Karma Karma Karma.

4keizrr.jpg

I have 80 Prayer so I bless graves when I get the chance. It's one of those "what-if-it-was-me" situations. I bless graves because I would want people to bless my grave if I died.

same here, great way to live by btw

Karma Karma Karma.

Yes, it will come back to haunt him, especially because he doesn't play anymore. Watch out Oreo, the cops are comming -.- .

You don't have to, but I do if I can.

I shall take my flock underneath my own wing, and kick them right the [bleep] out of the tree. If they were meant to fly, they won't break their necks on the concrete.
So, what is 1.111... equal to?

10/9.

Please don't continue.

wm1c2w.jpg

You don't have to help the old lady in the ally getting mugged. (maybe?) But you do anyway because a society without good citizens is like hell. :P

I'm a thinker but am often short of words sorry if my posts are shorter than expected...

OMG I cant wait for the cleaning skill!

Congratz, You are now level 99 cleaning, you can clean rust stains with all new Extra Strength CLR!

You don't have to help the old lady in the ally getting mugged. (maybe?) But you do anyway because a society without good citizens is like hell. :P

That's right, just because it's a game it is still a real person who has put real time into obtaining his items. So help out.

Costantino.png

Yeah that happened to me at Iron drags last week. I lagged and returned to see a 17 hit on me and me falling. I had been talking with the guys ranging and maging around, but they couldn't repair it... Even if they weren't using prayer at all, in fact the grave crumbled while I was on the fire giant part of the dungeon and when I got to the spot none of the guys were there... kinda makes you think :roll:

MY BEST ITEM IS A BRONSE COIN! I KILLED ZEZIMA AND HE DROPED IT!

The people who return your items from your death pile will be the same people who will bless your grave should you die, sadly this group of "people" is not the whole rs population.

Strangely with WotLK so near, I wished I could delay it a bit to push through that last TBC content in MH/BT :'(.