What were your best 2007 memories? (Semi RL-Pic topic)

Futurama

Just been looking through my photos from the past year and got me thinking, what were your best 2007 memories?

Have talked to necro about this topic and he says it's fine to have it as a kind of RL pics topic as long as there's discussion and whatnot, and not just another post sexy pics topic :)

TRY AND LIMIT IT TO 4 OR 5 PHOTOS UNLESS YOU CAN'T REALLY HELP IT, AND KEEP THEM IN HIDE TAGS - JUST MAKES THE TOPIC EASIER FOR US ALL! - 56K WARNING :)

[hide]DSC00036.jpg

18th birthday, in the limo - i'm on the right. didn't have time to dress up on account of having to do the missus' hair for her >.< but either way we had a proper laugh! booked out a function room at a curry house and got to have own music all night, awesome dinner, bar service etc. fantastic!

100_0410.jpg

Went to an 18th birthday party - friend of a friend - and it turned out to be absolutely boring, so we decided to drink until it was fun. Walking home over the park was hilarious, because in this pic my mate decided to try and jump the gate without his legs touching it - on account of the gate being soaking wet, he ended up on the floor. hahah, amazin.

DSC00239.jpg

Meeting Kris Roe from The Ataris at Bham Academy 2. Always had a huge amount of admiration for this guy so it was awesome to get to talk to him.

DSC00294.jpg

First pics of mine and the missus' mice, Freckles (left, doesn't actually have any freckles) and Captain Crackers (right, isn't actually a captain.)

100_0065.jpg

Layout of the missus' 17th birthday party that we did before she got there. Was a great night :)[/hide]

logo.jpg

All my memories seem to involve fancy dress.

[hide]Queueing up outside Tesco at midnight with a bunch of my friends, to get the 7th Harry Potter book. We thought it would be a good idea to go in fancy dress, not realising the REAL fancy dress party was at Waterstones. The rest of my friends chickened out of dressing up, but I'd already made a Death Eater costume so I did it anyway. Nobody else in the entire queue was in fancy dress and I got some very strange looks, but it was very fun!

death.jpg

A Rocky Horror Picture Show night, where they showed the film and we all came in costume... I dunno if anyone's ever been to one but they're great fun. I went as Columbia and I pieced the costume together myself, about 3 hours before the evening. This involved many, many safety pins...

horror.jpg

My 70s themed 18th birthday party in December was a perfect end to the year. I absolutely loved it, everyone turned up in costume and I loved every minute. This is me in my costume before the party started.

disco.jpg[/hide]

Along the coast road, by the headland

The early lights of winter glow.

Ill pour a cup to you my darling.

Raise it up --- say cheerio.

All my memories seem to involve fancy dress.

[hide]Queueing up outside Tesco at midnight with a bunch of my friends, to get the 7th Harry Potter book. We thought it would be a good idea to go in fancy dress, not realising the REAL fancy dress party was at Waterstones. The rest of my friends chickened out of dressing up, but I'd already made a Death Eater costume so I did it anyway. Nobody else in the entire queue was in fancy dress and I got some very strange looks, but it was very fun!

death.jpg

A Rocky Horror Picture Show night, where they showed the film and we all came in costume... I dunno if anyone's ever been to one but they're great fun. I went as Columbia and I pieced the costume together myself, about 3 hours before the evening. This involved many, many safety pins...

horror.jpg

My 70s themed 18th birthday party in December was a perfect end to the year. I absolutely loved it, everyone turned up in costume and I loved every minute. This is me in my costume before the party started.

disco.jpg[/hide]

I. LOVE. ROCKY HORROR PICTURE SHOW!!! <3:

I can't really remember anything big happening in 2007. Come to think of it, I don't think anything big has happened in a few years. That's what I get for spending my weekends at home watching TV and movies I guess :D .

q8tsigindy500fan.jpg

indy500fanan9.jpg

From my trip to the Pyrenees in October. Loved the places we stayed at, definitely one of the highlights of the year. Me on the left, sister in the middle and her fianc̮̩̉̉ on the right (they are in Chile at the moment now)

[hide]

6974326a5542528433l.jpg[/hide]

sig2ho7.jpg

Meeting Kris Roe from The Ataris at Bham Academy 2. Always had a huge amount of admiration for this guy so it was awesome to get to talk to him.

i met him as well. been my favorite band for a long time and it was amazing seeing them live finally. He spent 15 mins adjusting the stage lights though cause he didnt want anyone to notice he was going bald :lol:

Edit: did you see the whole band or just kris on his acoustic tour of blue skies broken hearts?

Look its rob!

Well, there was my brother's wedding in last February. Maybe when I get enough patience I'll post pictures. Check my real life pictures in the index, most of them are at his wedding.

There was also the fact that I signed up for football. That was a frikkin blast (I say that word a lot).

Then I became friends with a great girl again, and then, right after everything seemed to be going right, my grandfather died. They haven't even found the cause of death yet. Sucks.

i met him as well. been my favorite band for a long time and it was amazing seeing them live finally. He spent 15 mins adjusting the stage lights though cause he didnt want anyone to notice he was going bald :lol:

Edit: did you see the whole band or just kris on his acoustic tour of blue skies broken hearts?

I saw the whole band as they did a headline tour in may in the UK, would have LOVED to have gone to the blue skies acoustic tour though. Met Kris after the gig and got his autograph, then saw the drummer and guitarist in mcdonalds after the gig and waved at them! hahah.

Phil, that looks awesome. hope you had a great time there mate :)

logo.jpg

As the year 11 school excursion, my entire year went to the Snowy Mountains in south-east Australia for a week (the people i the photos would represent just under a quarter of my yeargroup). No deodourant, no showers, just having to carry around a freaking heavy backpack in Australia's high-country. It was also the first time I saw snow in my life, but there are no photos of it.

[hide]ob4.jpg

The starting group photo. I'm in the back row 3rd from the right. (The guy with the army pants on injured his ankle and had to go home, so I don't think he's in any of the other photos.) (Day 2)

ob1.jpg

Also first time I absailed in my life. Very fun. (Day 3)

ob5.jpg

Taking a break. That was the big day (we had to walk over 15km), and the day that I was leading the group, along with the guy next to me in the stripy shirt. (Day 4)

ob3.jpg

At the top of Mt. Kosciusko--highest mountain in Australia. very unimpressive to be honest. (Day 4)

ob2.jpg

End group photo. (Day 7)[/hide]

Absolutely amazing trip. I thought I would've had a lot of trouble, but I actually found it really easy in comparison to other people. The trip didn't go as planned, as on the 5th day, we were meant to do 10kms, but we didn't move because it was incredibly windy, and you kind of couldn't see anything. On day 6, it was snowing like crazy, so at about midday, we took a short route down the mountain. That was probably the hardest day for me, because I absolutely suck at balance, and walking down a relatively steep icy slope makes you fall over. A lot.

I really wish I could do it again though.

Cool.

No deodourant

Did you forget it like?

Looks really good though, reminds me of when I did the Duke Of Edinburgh award here when at school. Really good memories from that and it started my interest in hillwalking.

sig2ho7.jpg

No deodourant

Did you forget it like?

Scottish typing! :D

I'm not sure what stuff happened in 2007 and what happened in 2006. My memory really has been horrible lately.

I definitely remember that I went to Bulgaria with some mates in 2007, but none of the pictures are really appropriate for these forums.

La lune ne garde aucune rancune.

Well it's been a massively busy year for me but I think I'll focus one one event. My first gig :D My band approached it in a way that we probally shouldn't have done and consequently everything was set up to go horribly wrong. We got the gig before we had a singer or a complete setlist to play, so we had two weeks to learn six songs, find a singer and get the songs to sounds decent. Well we found one pretty much instantly and had a day long practice session to get him into the way we worked and got him to work with the songs we were already doing. Then, there couldn't be a practice next weekend, so we arranged one for the night before. When we would play the four songs we needed to complete the setlist for the first time.

That practice was a disaster. We all kept forgetting our parts, difficulties in playing them and nerves about the following night and a freezing practice room which caused my fingers to get stiff and painful. My drummer twisted/ sprained his wrist, not quite sure how and although he could still play, he was in a fair bit of pain. We left that practice feeling like the world would end at 8:30PM the next day.

I remember the singer coming up to me during lunch and croaking "My voice is going", and my nerves going nuts.

The fews hours before the gig, we found an empty room in the school to practice in. We had one run through the set which was poor, but better than the previous practice. We then got kicked out of the room at around 5ish, so we had three hours to kill. We spent the time kicking around backstage, I was running through the more difficult parts of the set.

I had switched guitars the night before, as my Yamaha Pacifica was on its last legs and the pickup selector regularly failed to connect. So I was playing the gig on a band mates, dads, Fender Strat. It was brilliant to play on. :D

The manager of the night came up to us and told us that we had 30 minutes, which was different from the 45 we had been promised. We decided to drop our original material and perhaps 'The Pretender' as we never did manage to play through it properly.

The first act of the night got on and were awful, which made me feel miles better. The second was a solo artist, who played acoustic covers of songs. Then to close, he went and covered our opening act. This threw me a little bit and in the ten minutes of setting up gear, I was still a bit out of it. We chose to play the song anyway as it's the easiest in the set and playing it well would boost our confidence.(The White Stripes - Seven Nation Army).

When I got on stage and played the first few chords, my confidence suddenly came back to me. The set was played almost perfectly, with the exception of our singer who struggled to hit some notes and keep his voice clean (twas not his fault, he genuinly had knackered his voice) and my problem of speeding up the riffs I was worried about (which never helps).

ragenori9bosq4.gif

Thanks Venomai for this super sig and Kwimbob for the awesome avatar!

Mine would be this huge party I went to, a friend of mine was moving away, so we decided to have a massive party for her, most of our school year was there, and it was huge and so awesome, we were just mucking about, having a laugh. It was probably the best party I have ever been to.

[hide]jasminebk9.jpg

jasmine2gc4.jpg

I'm the blonde[/hide]

No deodourant

Did you forget it like?

Looks really good though, reminds me of when I did the Duke Of Edinburgh award here when at school. Really good memories from that and it started my interest in hillwalking.

Nah, we were told not to bring it. Something about because we weren't going to be washing (one guy swam naked in a river to wash off, but.. not everyone's like him) it could be harmful. I don't really know. You kind of got used to the smell though. :)

Cool.

Graduating was fine.. getting PhD funding was brilliant.. as was getting an award for my undergraduate project.. my Facebook application going well was nice.. getting my house was fine.. Oh yes, and we had a protest against Guantanamo Bay, that was interesting and made good pictures..

[hide=Graduation and Guantanamo Bay Protest Pics]n199700007_35373681_3532.jpg

n199700007_33500912_5764.jpg

n199700007_33500911_5471.jpg[/hide]

For it is the greyness of dusk that reigns.

The time when the living and the dead exist as one.