15 January 2008 - Summoning!

Juader

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have yet to read on these 5 pages a definiative way to level, anyone care to explain in clear terms? im currently level 4 -.-

Seems like the best way right now is to get your hands on a whole bunch of charms and raw chickens and just keep making pouches.

thank you

Silly easy quest, but I scribbled down a guide nonetheless.

[hide]Talk to Pikkupstix and he will tell you about summoning, and a monster upstairs in his house

Go upstairs, and you will see the monster. When you get downstairs, talk to Pikkupstix again to find out you will need to get him 2 wolf bones to make a White Wolf pouch to banish the beast upstairs.

Go southwest to the opening slope to White Wolf mountain, walk up a little and you will find a corpse. Search it to get 2 wolf bones and return to Pikkupstix.

He will give you rest of the materials you need. Go down the trapdoor in the building, and use an empty pouch on the obelisk to get two Spirit Wolf pouches. Then, click the obelisk again, and go to the other tab at the top and click Howl Scroll to get 10 Howl scrolls.

Go talk to Pikkupstix, then go upstairs, right click your Spirit Wolf pouch and you will see the summoning interface. Click the "Howl" Icon to the top left, then click the giant wolpertinger.

Items needed:

None!

[hide=Award]

Award:

1 quest point

276 Summoning XP

Access to the Summoning skill

275 gold charms[/hide][/hide]

Uula.png

What a suprise...another money drain.

Looked like a decent skill, but I can't afford to spend so much cash to get to a 'decent' level. I thought this would bring me back to the game, unfortunately not. (no I didn't leave because of the trading thing, I left months before that).

bunyip.png

The only thing I like about this skill is the new pets... But then you still have to have a high summoning level for some of them... sigh...

If the CORPORAL beast is this hard, imagine how hard a GENERAL or COLONEL beast would be. a corporal is not even an admirable rank in armies that use that ranking system.

Yeah, it is a pking minigame, so any arguments anybody makes will probably be biased.

The best way this will end :Everybody just says,"I'm not arguing with you anymore, goodbye."

The worst way this will end: I don't really know, psychological warfare? Worldwide thermonuclear war? Pie eating contest?

this is going to be a really tricky skill to level, for the following reasons:

1) best xp is from making pouches. get 0.1 xp for summoning a familiar. Familiars can't be used in the slayer tower, where I pretty much live :(

2) shards are expensive at 50ea.

3) charms are hard to get. been killing bloodvelds a lot recently, very low rate of charm dropping, and they only drop one at a time. to get a high level, you need a lot of charms, which seem pretty hard to get hold of. Might try metal dragon slaying for more.

4) also, scroll bar on the skills interface=lame

gonna be hard even to get this skill to 50. Looks like my tears of guthix isnt going to be going on prayer anymore :( (as soon as juna allows it)

curanir1.png

Best Barrows Chest: guth skirt, dh helm, dh axe, racks, gp (23/08/06); best tt reward: robin, guthix helm, guthix legs, nats, rune legs