16 January 2008 - Summoning balancing

kemikalkadet

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This means free shards for me, good update, I also love it how they made charms untradeable now people will have to work for their skills instead of just buying them.

What's wrong with buying skills? It's not like their money appeared out of thin air

Or did it? How many people do you think still have ill begotten gains? I would dare say quite a few.

felter_laur.png

This means free shards for me, good update, I also love it how they made charms untradeable now people will have to work for their skills instead of just buying them.

What's wrong with buying skills? It's not like their money appeared out of thin air

Or did it? How many people do you think still have ill begotten gains? I would dare say quite a few.

Somebody tell me what an ill begotten gain is haha

77yLQy8.png

lol it is like scamming and duping witch no long are around :XD:

a4d6cf8282.png

100122210315.png

People who lured. I am sure there are still some active accounts that bought there gold. I am also sure that there are people who plain bought their accounts.

felter_laur.png

People who lured. I am sure there are still some active accounts that bought there gold. I am also sure that there are people who plain bought their accounts.

Ofcourse, but come on. After these updates most of the big money makers quit the game ( I assume <_> ). Besides, how can you scam people now? How can you buy GP for rl cash now? How can you even lure, or stake for that matter?

NOT

Thats right, there is no real way of getting illgotten goods. And thus people who have lots of money should be entitled to a great xp per hour ratio. Poor people should not be kept aside of this skill. And wealthy players should not have to train this inmensly slow.

reaper6zr7.png

Interrested in joining the cabbagy madness? Click here to go to our forums, and say hi ^^

lol one of the biggest pvp updates of the year, and tip it is discussing granite

Ofcourse, but come on. After these updates most of the big money makers quit the game ( I assume <_> ). Besides, how can you scam people now? How can you buy GP for rl cash now? How can you even lure, or stake for that matter?

NOT

Thats right, there is no real way of getting illgotten goods. And thus people who have lots of money should be entitled to a great xp per hour ratio. Poor people should not be kept aside of this skill. And wealthy players should not have to train this inmensly slow.

I was simply disputing the money coming out of thin air. It is a possibility that the money that some people may use was received by illegal means.

I have no problem with someone being able to buy the skill.

felter_laur.png

If they expected the summoned creatures to be used, then they should have split the experience up better. Say 50% to make the pouch, 25% to summon the creature and 25% for using 10 scrolls.

Sometimes I don't understand Jagex. They give 98% of the experience for making the pouches and then wonder why people aren't using the millions of pouches that are going to be created in order to level the skill.

Jason

YES!

This just made summoning the best skill in rs!

Because:it's an awesome skill - just that the shard prices were really expensive! now i'm so happy!!

If they expected the summoned creatures to be used, then they should have split the experience up better. Say 50% to make the pouch, 25% to summon the creature and 25% for using 10 scrolls.

Sometimes I don't understand Jagex. They give 98% of the experience for making the pouches and then wonder why people aren't using the millions of pouches that are going to be created in order to level the skill.

Jason

I think its more like 99.9% of the exp just for making the pouches.

I think im in love with this new pouch making skill :^o

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

They need to allow summon to fight with you in non multi areas as well.
That could make things very annoying for others, especially those without summons. I think they should just make more multi combat areas, even areas impossible without summoning.

That could make things very annoying for others, especially those without summons. I think they should just make more multi combat areas, even areas impossible without summoning.

Annoying to others? hows that? It's not like training spots are much crowded these days(unless you are on a 1800+ world) if that's what you mean and you have plenty of worlds to switch too. Also "especially those without summons" if the bloody skill was any decent, they too would probably use it for training themselves.

My summon level is 4 and staying that in till ToG comes for it or they make better changes to it.

That wouldn't make sense. Single combat areas only allow one player to be attacking one monster. If you have a familiar there attacking with you thats two things attacking one monster which isn't single combat. :wall:

That wouldn't make sense. Single combat areas only allow one player to be attacking one monster. If you have a familiar there attacking with you thats two things attacking one monster which isn't single combat. :wall:

Yeah well that is kinda what summoning is in the first place to get a advantage over your enemy, not my fault jagex doesn't think things thru and makes a gimped skill you can only use in certain places only, also before the wildy changes you could already get attacked by another monster and a enemy player at the same time in non-multi wild, so you know the code is there and not hard to actually put in with this skill.

Jason

precisely

This whole thing is based on the assumption that familiars are profitable. For skilling, forget it, they're useless exept 2 or 3(which are meh, nothing more). For combat, you can only use them in multi-combat areas. Jagex also assumes that you will use every single pouch that you create. You don't even get exp from using the darn animals. Not to mention that with the prayer-inspired summoning points draining system, using the darn pets is annoying as hell.

This is a pouch-making skill, not summoning. This skill would have been fine if a couple of things had been made different

2480+ total