Kent's guide to Summoning mastery! Bork

Inuashakent

i just spent 6 mil on summoning 68-76 and while using the spirit kyatt method, i was averaging 1600-1700 pouches an hour, maxing at 1850 pouches an hour ( i was a bit distracted for most of the time) but i still think that 2200 pouches an hour is unrealistic. Maybe you could do some testing for yourself?

i have done 2000 pouches per hour while talking to friends i wouln't rule it out

29bc22o.png

[hide=drops]10 black masks, 39 dragon boots, 21 whip, 9 dark bow, 7 dragon legs, 8 mauls, 3 dragon left half, 2 dragon spear, 2 hexcrest, 1 kbd heads, 10 dragon med, 2 R ammy, 2 granite legs, 1 bandos boots , 1 bandos hilt , 1 bandos chestplate, 1 saradomin sword(ls), 2 dragon claws(ls)(solo)[/hide]

[hide=Viralaether's guide to Mac use]1) take your mac

2) drop it off your roof

3) ??????

4) Profit![/hide]1/7/9 quest cape ||| 5/6/9 all diaries ||| 7/14/9 300 rank MA ||| 4998th to 99 summoning on 2/27/10

• Replies 793
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I found a decent way to get blue charms if you want fast xp to. I got 800 blue charms and 700 crimsons(didn't collect golds and greens) from 94-99 defence. That's not really decent but it's ok if you want fast xp :D

i just spent 6 mil on summoning 68-76 and while using the spirit kyatt method, i was averaging 1600-1700 pouches an hour, maxing at 1850 pouches an hour ( i was a bit distracted for most of the time) but i still think that 2200 pouches an hour is unrealistic. Maybe you could do some testing for yourself?

i have done 2000 pouches per hour while talking to friends i wouln't rule it out

Made 800 pouches in 15 minutes with full focus/mousekeys to bank/withdraw pouches/2nds so that'd be 3.2k pouches/hour.With talking that would reduce the # of pouches.

Made 800 pouches in 15 minutes with full focus/mousekeys to bank/withdraw pouches/2nds so that'd be 3.2k pouches/hour.With talking that would reduce the # of pouches.

i can't use mousekeys and all that stuff the makes it easier

SacredFlam3s.png

DK's Drops: 7 Berserker Rings, 2 Warrior Ring, 1 Archers Ring, 7 Dragon Hatchet, 1 Seercull, 3 Elite Clue - All Solo

GWD Drops (CS): 1 Bandos Chestplate, 2 Armadyl Hilt, 1 Armadyl Chestplate

Slayer:1 D skirt, 2 Whip, 12 G Mauls, 2 Dragon Boots

I would retime it, but I got a new apple computer, and it's real different from Vista (which I'm used to). I'm playing Runescape REAL slowly right now, the mouse seems weird, the scrolling doesn't work, etc.

i use mac, and yes, it is alot more different then a pc

SacredFlam3s.png

DK's Drops: 7 Berserker Rings, 2 Warrior Ring, 1 Archers Ring, 7 Dragon Hatchet, 1 Seercull, 3 Elite Clue - All Solo

GWD Drops (CS): 1 Bandos Chestplate, 2 Armadyl Hilt, 1 Armadyl Chestplate

Slayer:1 D skirt, 2 Whip, 12 G Mauls, 2 Dragon Boots

What would be the best familiar for me to use when using this guide (viewtopic.php?f=103&t=785110 -- melee part)? I got enough gold/green charms for 76 if needed and 2275 crimson + 504 blue.

Should I:

- Use Golem

- Use Granite lobster

- Train to 77 and use Talon (sacrificing crimsons)

What would be the best familiar for me to use when using this guide (viewtopic.php?f=103&t=785110 -- melee part)? I got enough gold/green charms for 76 if needed and 2275 crimson + 504 blue.

Should I:

- Use Golem

- Use Granite lobster

Still unanswered ...

Should I:

- Use Golem

- Use Granite lobster

Still unanswered ...

1)Kent is on vacation

2)Use the best melee familiar that is listed in the guide or gives the exp you want

3)?????

4)Profit?

In your estimated cost section, you made a slight error. You switched Iron Titans and Pack Yaks. For the costs of shards section, you just mixed up the names, and the math is correct. The secondary ingredient section is mathematically flawed though. It should be as follows.

Iron Titan - 375 (2,187)

Pack yak - 154 (7,931)

===== N/A

Number of coins on secondary ingredients

Honeybadgers - 69,550

Bloated leeches - 101,154

Stranger plants - 2,800,512

Granite lobster - 8,388,846

Swamp titans - 11,011,214

Wolpertinger - 478934 | 2,522,757 = 3,001,691

Iron Titan - 820,125

Pack yak - 1,221,374

===== 27,409,466 Coins total for Secondary ingredients

73,767,957 Coins total on Secondary ingredients and Shards

246,369,635 Coins total if you burst Rock lobsters.

73,767,957 Coins total if you kill Waterfiends/Slayer.

Hope this helped.

Also, I have a question. Is it better to save my crimson charms for Iron Titans, rather than making Wolpertingers? It seems like a real pain to use two secondary ingredients, and I'm thinking this would help speed the process to 99 overall. The thing is, I'm not sure if I'll have enough charms other than crimson to get to 95 by the time I have enough crimsons to get to 99. Any input would be appreciated.

bigbird.jpg

me again! I posted on page 35.

I recently sold my ss cos the price had gone up a lot from when I bought... But I am still considering doing waterfiends - would a Flail with Karils armour work ? (still with same stats - 58 summon, 82 strength, 82 hp, 78 range/attack/defence, 61 pray)??

^If these stats / items suck so bad I would fail at fiends what could I kill to get 1k crimsons easily???^

If there's any master herblorists Reading this ... Could you give me advice on cheaply and reasonably fast training for herblore from level 50 to 65 ???

(just want 65 summoning, 65 herblore and 60 theiving then I can do WGS :) after a bit of questing) [want the summoning to do the 4*100k rewards on it for a cheap 6 levels :)]

wl4xhc.jpg - this may the reason behind the whip changes 0_o

Thnx to kaosmerchant for hosting.

Boeing125.png

Use prayer pots I guess, I really don't know prices but that's what I did. Btw you can stew so only go to 61-62.

Flail does suck at waterfiends, but its better than whipping any other monster with piety and max strength so go with those still, but get a z spear if you can.

[hide=incorrect calculation]I was curious after seeing your geyser titan finding and did the calculation for fruit bats over unicorns and it appears that it is also not worth making unicorns for most players.

To make unicorns instead of fruit bats, assuming you're exchanging the pouches, you spend an extra:

.3*(140-130)*23+1101-70 = 1100gp

for an extra

154.4-121.2 = 33.2xp

Assuming conservatively at 40k summoning xp an hour which is attainable for people at probably 80+ summoning (Kent assumes ~44k), you should only make unicorns if you value time at 1325k.

35k an hour, 1159k[/hide]

satan_panda.png

Thnx ! How much is zammy spear ? And could I substitute for a barrelchest anchor?

And what do mean with this??

Btw you can stew so only go to 61-62.

Boeing125.png

He means you can use a stat booster to start the quest. The stew refers to Evil Stew which you can get by adding spice dropped by hell rats into stew. It modifies a random statistic corresponding to the color of spice you by +2 to -2 per spice (maximum 3 spice per stew). I suggest you look at the cooking skill guide for more information.

bigbird.jpg

Actually, Void is extremely effective because you Pray range, and Void has decent Magic bonus. As for 145, that is only if you have a Slayer mask, which obviously you can't use when you're not on the Slayer task. Even with maxed stats, I'd be amazed if I see anybody breaking the 120 mark without Slayer mask. (Probably possible with Dharoks) Also, this is with an SGS and Unicorn, and if you Piety, you'll have to bank, contrary to Zarfot's guide.

On average, with maxed stats, Void, Piety, and a unicorn, you could get ~110-100 REALISTICALLY. More is possible. As I can't test how much lower stats get (I'm maxed :XD: ) I would estimate 60-70, but Waterfiends do give decent combat xp so expect to level if you're going to camp. This is just a guess, though... but it can't be too far off. Of course, this is completely determined which prayer you use. You could use none, 10% Strength, or Piety, which is what I personally use.

Void is the way to go if you aren't on a slayer task. If you're lower level you can pray range, but if you're maxed piety is enough for unicorn to keep up with their damage. With this setup one can probably maintain 110 crims per hour consistently.

Future edit: As someone mentioned below, the chaos tunnels are a lot better. I only use them now, with steel titan I've managed over 160 crims in an hour and with more profit.

satan_panda.png

I easily get 135+ an hour at cts including banking time with iron titan.

Before I got 95 summ, I was getting 105+ an hour at ancient cavern.

All with 10% str.

I find that void isn't worth the 8 hours getting it, because it only increases the exp/hour by around 1.5k or 3 crims an hour.

Thnx ! How much is zammy spear ? And could I substitute for a barrelchest anchor?

The questions still stand .... Do I use a cheaper marginally slower more powerful weapon [anchor]or splash out on a slightly faster but weaker spear ??

Bearing in mind - 8mil cash left

- 82 strength

- 82 hp

- 78 defence and attack

- 61 prayer

- 78 range

- *only* 58 summon...

Goal - 1k crimsons (at waterfiends) to get 65 summon with 1million loss =\

Boeing125.png

Faster is better. Go with the spear, it'll be faster kills, and therefore charms and exp. You may have noticed this if you read through the waterfiend section - "Weapon:Saradomin sword=Zamorikian spear>Godsword>Verac's flail=Barrelchest anchor>Torag's hammer."

As you can see, Kent recommends a Saradomin Sword or Zamorakian Spear.

bigbird.jpg

Ducata... I'm trying to save 3.5mill to spend on herblore and summoning... would I still b able 2 do this if I buy a spear and karils and potions etc. To go waterfiends with just 8.4 mill at the moment? Don't get me wrong I want the help, I'm not trying to b difficult just trying to suit by budget (5 million) and my stats and my current items ... :) thnx

Boeing125.png

I've had a rethink about these waterfiends... Since I lost several million during doing a quest I've thought about my slayer task - 150 black demons. Would I b able to get 1000 crimson charms from the CT demons? (doing range)

Range level - 78 nrly 79

Range ammunition - broad bolts

Range equipment

Setup 1

Black dhide legs/body

Armadyl helm

'Barrows' gloves OR zammy vambraces

Snakeskin boots

Glory

Archer ring

EDIT : CLOSED question.

I got 65 crimsons from them, think I may continue doing slayer tasks for charms + money + experience (USING Kent's quide to slayer as well \' )

Guthix book

Accumulator

Setup 2

Full void range

Archer ring

Snakeskin boots

Glory

Accumulator

Guthix book

How many (roughly) would I need to kill to get 1000 crimsons? And which setup would b best? I have done black demon tasks before in void and found I kill them about the same speed with either of my above setups

Boeing125.png

• 2 weeks later...
Q) I can't hunt those! What should I do?

A) Other great options are: Abyssal demons, Nechryaels Dust devils, and Black demons.

"I can't hunt those" is a bit genral but there obviously having trouble killing some monsters you mentioned so you tell them to kill the exact same monsters? :?

Abyssal demon - 85 slayer.

Nechryaels - 80 slayer.

Dust devils - 65 slayer.

Black demons - are level 172.

All of these monsters mean you have to about level 100 to start training this skill.

I don't know all the best training methods for this skill but just for starting out killing ice warriors/giants is an awesome way to gain gold charms to start this skill off.

There level 57 and 53 so there not exatly for level 3's but there better than level 172 :lol:

Sorry if this seems a little aggressive, I don't intend it to be. ::'

perfetc_666.png

IM GOING TO LIVE FOREVER .......... or die trying