Kent's guide to Summoning mastery! Bork

Inuashakent

By then you'd have so much blues... doesn't Obsidian charms take a long time to get?

Lava titans are more useful to keep than elemental titans. The healing ability of bunyips and unicorns are much better.

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

• Replies 793
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Found a syntax error.

Under the FAQ section, there should be a comma after "however."

"Q) What monsters should I hunt to get my charms?

A) There are many choices, but the best are Waterfiends and Rock lobsters. Slayer is the absolute best way, however, as you get slayer xp."

Yeah... nothing major, but... Also, what weapon would you reccomend for training defensively at waterfiends. I was thinking either Torag's Hammers or Verac's Flail.

Found a syntax error.

A) There are many choices, but the best are Waterfiends and Rock lobsters. Slayer is the absolute best way, however, as you get slayer xp."

Yeah... nothing major, but... Also, what weapon would you reccomend for training defensively at waterfiends. I was thinking either Torag's Hammers or Verac's Flail.

Found a syntax error.

Well that's easy, Zamorakian Spear. It has a defensive crush option.

Found a syntax error.

Found a syntax error.

No it's a def stab option. Those two or maybe the d mace with rune defender?

chaosoffar.png

Found a syntax error.

No it's a def stab option. Those two or maybe the d mace with rune defender?

chaosoffar.png

By then you'd have so much blues... doesn't Obsidian charms take a long time to get?

I'm not sure how long it takes (thought you might have an idea). Guess I'll just do a quick sample test once I get 79 and calculate the profit/loss per hour to figure it out...won't be for a little while anyways.

EDIT: And by "so much blues" do you figure around 1.5-2k? Thats the number I think it'd be anyways.

Neltak.png

I'm not sure how long it takes (thought you might have an idea). Guess I'll just do a quick sample test once I get 79 and calculate the profit/loss per hour to figure it out...won't be for a little while anyways.

EDIT: And by "so much blues" do you figure around 1.5-2k? Thats the number I think it'd be anyways.

Neltak.png

• 1 month later...

I plan on camping Fiends for 96 summoning. I Currently have charms banked for 90. I was just wondering would Fiends be better to fight in the Chaos Tunnels or in the Ancient Cavern? Also, if it is the Tunnels, what should I wear? I tried Guthan's from a tip my friend gave me but that in conjunction with uni's doesn't heal very often, and I ran out of sharks, then almost died lol. Help plawks? I hate camping monsters, but I cbf to train Slayer lately. Therefore, Fiends are the only option left.

tsg-90-slayer.gif

I_S1n.png

i found a montser thats very good for gold chamrs.

deadly red spiders, only level 30 something (never need to bank :thumbup: ) and about an 80% drop rate of gold charms, also ofen found near red spider eggs if you want a bit of money.

basicly the ideal monster to kill for new sumoners.

best spot is in the brimhaven volcano north of the lessers, and its near a bank.

i have not killed them in a wile as i dont need gold charms, but i dont think there drop rate would of been changed so its worth a look.

mlpfim20percentcoolersi.jpg

I'm a Brony and proud of it!

Hi Kent,

I'm not sure if this is a typo or rune wikia have there info wrong, but the max hits are slightly different for spirit dagannoth. They have it as 16 you have it as 14 (14 does seem odd as its less then the lower ranked ones on the combat table).

[hide=Drops]

• Dragon Axe x11
    Berserker Ring x9
    Warrior Ring x8
    Seercull
    Dragon Med
    Dragon Boots x4 - all less then 30 kc
    Godsword Shard (bandos)
    Granite Maul x 3

Solo only - doesn't include barrows[/hide][hide=Stats]

joe_da_studd.png[/hide]

The guide has given me a good idea on how to start getting faster levels, but after a little while of reading i got kind of lost. Its mumble jumbled and lots of things are thrown at you at once.

I think it would be better if you put it in steps

sick guide all the same.

metroidsmudge.png

Are swamp titans still worth making? Swamp lizards are 1.3k ea which seems insane. I could swear when I was getting 89 summon they were significantly cheaper. The 6-month GE graph shows a small price spike lately but they've always been hovering around 900 when they're at their cheapest. I don't want to waste enourmous amounts on secondaries alone but I really don't want to go back to rock lobs :|

slayermask3.png

A Draconic Guide V1.4, Fimer - Multi-Timer Farming Timer V3.

Dragon Boots: 39|Abyssal Whips: 16|Dark Bows: 1|

Philip_kolar, from a cost point of view its better to make swamp lizards then granite lobster if your making a big level jump.

ie if you need more then about 3k of crimsons. As once you hit 3k the gap between swamps and lobsters is greater then 500 crimsons which is 3m+ in casts. Once the cost of casts >= the cost of swamp lizards, you end up saving a lot of time for the same money/exp.

The at which swamps point might be less, but its a generalization.

[hide=Drops]

• Dragon Axe x11
    Berserker Ring x9
    Warrior Ring x8
    Seercull
    Dragon Med
    Dragon Boots x4 - all less then 30 kc
    Godsword Shard (bandos)
    Granite Maul x 3

Solo only - doesn't include barrows[/hide][hide=Stats]

joe_da_studd.png[/hide]

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey, great guide!

I was wondering if you could help me.

I'm level 4 summon lol... i just did the quest. I'm a lv 109 combat, I just havent gotten around to summoning yet.

I'm wondering what is the best way to get from 4-68 summoning for a bunyip?

I've read about bursting rock lobs and I was wondering what is the next best way to that?

I have plenty of money to spend, so whatever you guys think is best is what I will do =)

Thanks alot!

What about abyssal titans at 93 instead of unicorns?

7.8 more xp per pouch, costs 27 shards less, and the 2nd ingredient comes from abyssal creatures.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

I just used 4 Spirit Kyatts making pouches. Each Kyatt got me exactly 93 trips, which is 2325 pouches per Kyatt (assuming you make 25 pouches per trip). That makes it really close to 2850 pouches per hour. These numbers are thanks to the jewelery update that allows you to pick your destination in a drop-down menu. You can activate the teleport when your character's hands reach the ground.

You still haven't corrected the numbers that I laid out for you on a platter.

bigbird.jpg