Kent's guide to Summoning mastery! Bork

Inuashakent

You want to see them math aye? Well here it goes, i will do my best for you now.

I was not a fan of slayer until the quest smoking kills came out. I was maxed combat with a slayer level of 68 and a summoning level of 60, note until smoking kills i got all my summoning levels from waterfiends.

68 slayer- 605, 032

60 summoning- 273,742

Since smoking kills all i do in runescape is slayer. 757 tasks at the moment.

My Slayer and Summoning are now:

97 Slayer- 11,273,529

91 Summoning- 6,347, 414, thus from 11,273,529- 605,032 = 10, 668,497xp since with summoning skill.

So in that time I have gotten 6,347,414 - 273,742 (waterfiends) - 400,000 (wgs) - 100,000 (penguin points and lamps), there fore i have mad a net 5,573,672

In Conclusion: 10,668,397 slayer has gotten me 5,573,672

Thus 1.9 slayer xp get the equivalant of 1 summoning xp, therefore at level 99 slayer (13,034,431) x .....

...... grahhh maths was my worsed subject at school i dont know lol, i would have looked totally awsome if i could have pulled that off, but hey i did the lowest level maths at school, thats why im doing international studies and fine art at uni lol!!!!!!!!!

Anyways, it might have helped :S Im guesing when im 99 slayer in a month or so I can give you an exact number.

Note: I use summona, always pick up my charms. I am aware thate everyone blocks different tasks also.

king__giovas.png

king__giovas.png

Feel free to add me ingame if you want to chat :D

• Replies 793
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ohh true! I didnt factor in that as your summoning level increases so will the experience per charm increase. ill post on this thread as i said, when i hit 99slayer, and be able to give you a better slayer to summoning ratio. :)

edit: thats the first time in my whole rs career i have tried to explain something mathematically.. loooks like i need more practice.

king__giovas.png

king__giovas.png

Feel free to add me ingame if you want to chat :D

Do elemental titans... I would say that the benefit of Unicorn far outweighs the very little you save (unless you can make insane amounts of money). After 89 it's up to you whether you want to use Geysers or elementals.

And yeah, Obsidian charms aren't only a pain in the [wagon] to acquire but they take a while too.

[Summoning guide (AOW)] [Slayer guide] [Melee & Brawl player]

inuyashakent-2.png

I remember there was a reason why I didn't mention the right click attacks. It's either I messed up (very possible) or it was that it interrupted you (the player's) attacks.)

They do but with timing you can hit, right click your fam, and turn back before your next attack would have gone off, getting you 3 hits in the space of 2. The big problem for me is the drain on my summoning points. Using right click attacks almost guarantees that you won't be able to refresh your pouch when it runs out cause you're burning pts on right click attacks. But... at that point i usually bank anyway.

Macaws aren't nowhere as profitable as Fruit bats. I generally think foragers aren't worth the effort, especially because if you're killing hellhounds and the like you're better off using a combat familiar. If you're just skilling, I guess it's worth using a forager.
Macaws who produce ranarrs and snaps and all sorts of other herbs worth over 1k each are less profitable o.o ? I'll take your word for it since i cant summon fruit bats yet. And where are you killing hellhounds that they're in multicombat? Wildy? I'd rather alch my guthans. They also hit me so infrequently that i feel im wasting Spinners if i bring them there, so foragers are the best option for defensive players like me when it comes to monsters like 'hounds.

You don't really need Prayer for runecrafting...

Who said it was needed? I dont like getting hit. I'd rather use up prayer points instead of food any day, and usually my Prayer will last longer than my summon so i dont have to waste time during my runs to refill.

Not trying to nitpick, trying to contribute :D

Brought to you by the word: Collusion (price fixing).

Its what Merchant clans do to ruin the economy for personal gain.

Balance out the GE! Skill Kill and Merch for YOURSELF.

Asellus5.png

May Guthix bring you balance.

Macaws who produce ranarrs and snaps and all sorts of other herbs worth over 1k each are less profitable o.o ? I'll take your word for it since i cant summon fruit bats yet. And where are you killing hellhounds that they're in multicombat? Wildy? I'd rather alch my guthans. They also hit me so infrequently that i feel im wasting Spinners if i bring them there, so foragers are the best option for defensive players like me when it comes to monsters like 'hounds.

They're too inconsistent with higher end herbs. And I meant to say healing familiars :XD: Get 68, Bunyips are good.

Who said it was needed? I dont like getting hit. I'd rather use up prayer points instead of food any day, and usually my Prayer will last longer than my summon so i dont have to waste time during my runs to refill.

Again, protection prayers are unnecessary...

I'm going to have to test out the right click special abilities on combat familiars later.

inuyashakent-2.png

I'd imagine the forge regent's fireball right-click ability would be useful when chinning nechryaels.

sir_jancelot.png

Rare, valuable drops:

D claws x4 Whip x1 Ruined dragon armour lump x1 Armadyl hilt x2 (22/16m split) Sara sword x1 (1.1m split) Armadyl helmet x1 (1m split)

I was too excited to take screenies of any drops :P

The Greatest Tormented Demon Guide Ever

88 summoning achieved on 26/4/09.

99 ranged achieved on 9/5/09.

Great one.

Chins are fast so it would be really hard to time a forge regent fireball without actually losing speed using them. (speaking from experience) Fireball maxes at a 5 too so i think is really not worth it. Unless... you're using them as an opener so you dont waste time switching the fuse length. Ie: use a fireball to hit all of them and get them to go agrro and bunch up so you can chin them. Idk the range on fireball though so this is just theory. I say try it and let us all know. What have you got to lose but time and a little cash you were planning on burning anyway?

Side note: i thought about it today and i think its funny, inuashakent. You debunked all my ideas except the one i consider worst, and offered to include that bad one in your guide. :P

Multitasking for the win though.

Asellus5.png

Great one.

Chins are fast so it would be really hard to time a forge regent fireball without actually losing speed using them. (speaking from experience) Fireball maxes at a 5 too so i think is really not worth it. Unless... you're using them as an opener so you dont waste time switching the fuse length. Ie: use a fireball to hit all of them and get them to go agrro and bunch up so you can chin them. Idk the range on fireball though so this is just theory. I say try it and let us all know. What have you got to lose but time and a little cash you were planning on burning anyway?

Side note: i thought about it today and i think its funny, inuashakent. You debunked all my ideas except the one i consider worst, and offered to include that bad one in your guide. :P

Multitasking for the win though.

Feel free to continue arguing, just because I'm me doesn't make me right.

And the Forge regents (IIRC) has a HUGE range of attacks with it's right click, so it's used to attract all the nechy's to you. But then again, ranging nechys is stupid anyways....

inuyashakent-2.png

No offense intended, just giving a different view.

Btw

Thx for the tip on forge regent's fireball reach, Kent. I had a feeling it was big but now i know.

They dont sound half bad, i'll have to give em a try. Immolated butterfly for the win, hopefully.

Asellus5.png

Truly a great guide, I've used it countless times.

More of a direct question, How many of all charms will it take to get 88 summoning, from 80 APPROXIMATELY (and I mean a very rough figure).

Thanks beforehand

pendulumsig.png

138 Combat as of Summer 2010 - Retired Summer 2010

More of a direct question, How many of all charms will it take to get 88 summoning, from 80 APPROXIMATELY (and I mean a very rough figure).

Thanks beforehand

All charms? What do you mean?

And if I'm not mistaken, it should be real easy to do using tip it's calculators.

inuyashakent-2.png

Thanks beforehand

Odd question, not exactly sure what you want to know.

If you ONLY used gold charms you would need approx 35,500 charms. Making only Spirit Terrorbirds

If you ONLY used green charms you would need approx 17,050 charms. Making Hydras.

If you ONLY used crimson charms you would need approx 7,000 charms. Making 3,909 Granite lobsters and then 3,091 of Swamp titans

If you ONLY used blues charms you would need approx 3,350 charms. Makeing 989 Fire titans then 2,361 of Lava titans.

Obviously you would be aiming for the crimson figure here.

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

I've been using this guide for a while now and the only thing I could possibly want adding would be a tips and tricks section.

Granite crabs, fruit bats (to a degree), mosquitos and Giant Chinchompas all have stackable seconds.

Out of those granite crabs and fruit bats are the only ones worth while, but if you have the required level you can do massive amounts of training without having to bank.

with enough baskets of bananas its possible over 150 fruit bats in one go when using a war tort, with granite crabs its double.

Now the granite crab and granite 5kg is pretty well known, but I was surprised with the number of people who didn't know or realize banana baskets work in much the same way.

[hide=Drops]

• Dragon Axe x11
    Berserker Ring x9
    Warrior Ring x8
    Seercull
    Dragon Med
    Dragon Boots x4 - all less then 30 kc
    Godsword Shard (bandos)
    Granite Maul x 3

Solo only - doesn't include barrows[/hide][hide=Stats]

joe_da_studd.png[/hide]

I've been using this guide for a while now and the only thing I could possibly want adding would be a tips and tricks section.

Granite lobsters, fruit bats (to a degree), mosquitos and Giant Chinchompas all have stackable seconds.

Out of those granite lobsters and fruit bats are the only ones worth while, but if you have the required level you can do massive amounts of training without having to bank.

with enough baskets of bananas its possible over 150 fruit bats in one go when using a war tort, with granite lobsters its double.

Now the granite lobster and granite 5kg is pretty well known, but I was surprised with the number of people who didn't know or realize banana baskets work in much the same way.

Fixed.

Gold - Very low shard costs, but low xp at the same time. They tend to require rather lower levels. (Highest requirement is 71!) The familiars created from Gold charms tends to do many things, varying from Combat, skills boosts, Beasts of burden, foraging, ect. However, it do any of those very well , except for Beasts of burden. Also known as the low level charm.

I don't get it... "It do?"

Careful_Maim.png

Gold - Very low shard costs, but low xp at the same time. They tend to require rather lower levels. (Highest requirement is 71!) The familiars created from Gold charms tends to do many things, varying from Combat, skills boosts, Beasts of burden, foraging, ect. However, it do any of those very well , except for Beasts of burden. Also known as the low level charm.

I don't get it... "It do?"

Oops. Doesn't.

Granite crabs, fruit bats (to a degree), mosquitos and Giant Chinchompas all have stackable seconds.

Out of those granite crabs and fruit bats are the only ones worth while, but if you have the required level you can do massive amounts of training without having to bank.

with enough baskets of bananas its possible over 150 fruit bats in one go when using a war tort, with granite crabs its double.

Now the granite crab and granite 5kg is pretty well known, but I was surprised with the number of people who didn't know or realize banana baskets work in much the same way.

It could work. How fast is it, though?

inuyashakent-2.png