This will take a while

Nom

Noooo! The X-Men theme! :(

Ah well, I'm sure I'll get used to this eye-searing layout soon enough... so bright.

P.S - Wait, does this mean Bubsa is unbanned as well?

Don't think so. Even if I don't think he's coming back ;p.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Read the global.. it was broken. The whole board got hacked and wiped.

I know...

I'm saying why would we want to move here and not back to where we were or somewhere similar...

Once we get new skins set up, I think you will like it better. Soon we will install subsilver2, which looks like this: http://demo.phpbb3styles.net/subsilver2

Is that any better? Either way, you guys will not be stuck with this skin and only this skin forever and ever. Eventually we will have a list of options, just like on the old forum.

And even if our forums weren't deleted, we still would have moved to phpBB3 because eventually phpBB2 will be no longer supported.. meaning it will have less than acceptable levels of security, will be vulnerable to attacks, etc.

Posted Image

- 99 fletching | 99 thieving | 99 construction | 99 herblore | 99 smithing | 99 woodcutting -

- 99 runecrafting - 99 prayer - 125 combat - 95 farming -

- Blog - DeviantART - Book Reviews & Blog

Phpbb3 on other forums is really annoying to use. On Tip.It though the customizations that are like halfway done are just superb to be honest. Other sites that use phpbb3 aren't using it to it's full potential, so don't be dragged down about it on other sites. Most of the things I didn't like about the bb3 boards have already been dealt with.

Just waiting for those skins, and boom, we have a 10x better forum.

I think we are just going to have get used to the change. In a few months time, maybe even weeks, the forums will be back to their usual self. Posts will have to be re-made. Topics rediscussed, but we also have a brand new forum to work with and we have the chance to add our own personal touch to how we want the forums.

The only thing that's slightly annoying is how the names are below the avatars... and if you're a staff member it's normal avatar > name > staff avatar. But I guess that will be fixed later on (right?). But overall I like phpBB3 better; more options and features and it looks a lot better.

2009rb9.jpg

The only thing that's slightly annoying is how the names are below the avatars... and if you're a staff member it's normal avatar > name > staff avatar. But I guess that will be fixed later on (right?). But overall I like phpBB3 better; more options and features and it looks a lot better.

Hopefully, yes :) I have requested the change to the techies and I'm sure they will look into it soon.

Posted Image

- 99 fletching | 99 thieving | 99 construction | 99 herblore | 99 smithing | 99 woodcutting -

- 99 runecrafting - 99 prayer - 125 combat - 95 farming -

- Blog - DeviantART - Book Reviews & Blog

^ It might have taken the staff a while to give registered users topic-replying permissions.

Ok, so I lost more than 700 posts. So what. It's not postcount that matters, it's the quality of given posts.

I'm willing to bet a lot of people with over a few thousand posts don't even know how many they lost.

Hell; I looked at my count and couldn't even remember getting to this many in the first place :lol:

The one thing that matters: BUBSA!

Glad, that tif is back :D !

Oh Jesus, I just remembered that that would mean that other guy with Bubsa's avatar, the really annoying one, would be technically unbanned. If he even cared, which I sorta doubt.

whalenuke.png

Command the Murderous Chalices! Drink ye harpooners! drink and swear, ye men that man the deathful whaleboat's bow- Death to Moby Dick!

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE!

angel2w.gif

I'm just grateful we still have the forums. :D Hopefully the staff will update the new skins and etc soon and the blogs/guides/large threads be remade (I believe you could use Google Cache or something like that to get some of them back, right?). After all that we'll be back to normal. :D

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

^ It might have taken the staff a while to give registered users topic-replying permissions.

Ok, so I lost more than 700 posts. So what. It's not postcount that matters, it's the quality of given posts.

I'm willing to bet a lot of people with over a few thousand posts don't even know how many they lost.

Hell; I looked at my count and couldn't even remember getting to this many in the first place :lol:

I think I lost a thousand something but I have no clue.

It all kind of just went blurry after 10,000.