Higher combat levels

godsfearme

Am I seeing higher combat levels because they finally came out of hiding when the noobs left with all the changes, or is it so much easier to get above 100 with summoning. I saw three to four above 100s in general areas yesterday, when I would only see 1 a week about a year ago.

troope1.gif

I will shoot down any one with my bitting wit, and sarcasm!

What POSSIBLE reason would someone have to make a fake like that?Does he profit from faking a picture like that? Does it help him at all?Jesus Christ, stop being so suspicious. This is Tip.it for God's sake, not RuneHQ. -_-

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's just so much easier to gain combat levels with summoning.. especially at lower levels, summoning's incredibly easy.

If you have money

Level 18 is pretty much given to you. giving you an extra +2 Combat levels..

I'm level 118, but only 109 in F2P. Pretty sad. :\

hopesolopatriot.jpg

It's just so much easier to gain combat levels with summoning.. especially at lower levels, summoning's incredibly easy.

If you have money

Not really. That's why I said "especially at lower levels," as there's not much experience in-between levels it's not expensive at all.

I guess its changed a little, but it really depends on where you hang out. At GWD, i rarely see people below level 100, but when I go to lumby to recharge prayer (or die), I see plenty of lower levels. With summoning, I'd say the average level has shifted ~3-4 levels higher.

DeviledEgg24.png

Drops: 1x Draconic Visage, 56x Abyssal Whip, 5x Demon Head, D Drops: 37, Barrows Drops: 43, DK Drops: 29

GWD drops: 14,000x Bars, 1x Armadyl Hilt, 2x Armadyl Skirt, 4x Sara Sword, 1x Saradomin Hilt, 8x Bandos Hilt, 8x Bandos Platebody, 9x Bandos Tassets, 4x Bandos Boots, 43x Godsword Shard, 82x Dragon Boots

Dry streak records: Saradomin 412 kills Bandos 988 kills Spirit Mages 633 kills - Slayer Sucks

Summoning will be my last skill I ever raise. I refuse to have a combat level that is skewed. I am 117 and will never have to say my "real" combat level.

It's ridiculous to see the amounts of low levels that have turned into stuck up 100+ that don't know what they're talking about.

phpFffu7GPM.jpg

"He could climb to it, if he climbed alone, and once there he could suck on the pap of life, gulp down the incomparable milk of wonder."

Umm I thought we were past the "Summoning doesn't matter" stage since the second update. Everyones "real" combat level is the level they are. Their f2p lvl is completely seperate.

ajk822.png

4031st person to 99 Thieving on 5/25/2008

If anyone plays NBA Live '08 online on the Wii please PM me. I'm up for anyone.

Summoning will be my last skill I ever raise. I refuse to have a combat level that is skewed. I am 117 and will never have to say my "real" combat level.

It's ridiculous to see the amounts of low levels that have turned into stuck up 100+ that don't know what they're talking about.

Yeah, because having 12 extra inventory spaces or having a pet that hits 40s doesnt really effect your combat ability...

blood_argon.gif

99 Crafting :: 39,750th || 99 Attack :: 1,775th

Yeah, because having 12 extra inventory spaces or having a pet that hits 40s doesnt really effect your combat ability...

That's exactly why he doesn't want to raise it..... :wall: (i think) and if so, I agree with him.

clansig7.gif

Maybe I'm old fashioned, maybe I'm just an idiot, but I don't think that inventory space should determine your combat level. I also don't think getting someone or something else to help you defeat a creature should give you combat levels. Combat was one of the last things that wasn't buyable and required hard work. I am very adamant on my stances and will not be changed. Combat level to me is F2P; always will be.

phpFffu7GPM.jpg

"He could climb to it, if he climbed alone, and once there he could suck on the pap of life, gulp down the incomparable milk of wonder."

You can't raise summoning to a reasonable level without fighting, its a combat skill: it increases your ability to take and inflict damage.

It doesn't increase you're respect, maturity, game intelligence, niceness, honesty, or any other genuine traits that you see from legitimate high levels that have determination and can actually comprehend these people/social skills

made0f12une.png

^^ClicK^^

"I backed my car into a cop car the other day

Well he just drove off sometimes life's ok

Alright already we'll all float on

Alright don't worry we'll all float on" - Isaac Brock

Days Hunting:4 - Kingly Imps Caught:2

Money Earned: 4.5-5m

You can't raise summoning to a reasonable level without fighting, its a combat skill: it increases your ability to take and inflict damage.

It doesn't increase you're respect, maturity, game intelligence, niceness, honesty, or any other genuine traits that you see from legitimate high levels that have determination and can actually comprehend these people/social skills

Precisely.

phpFffu7GPM.jpg

Your issues with ingame respect and such like are your problem (emphasis on problem). Its a game, playing it a long time doesn't make you a good person the same way not playing much doesn't make you a [bleep].

Your issues with ingame respect and such like are your problem (emphasis on problem). Its a game, playing it a long time doesn't make you a good person the same way not playing much doesn't make you a [bleep].

For pretty much all of runescape's history high-levels have been the most skilled and most respected players. With summoning, a lot more players have access to this status. We're just trying to state that the original "high-levels" are hard to find anymore.

phpFffu7GPM.jpg

Uhm, thats like saying "Not training smithing in your overall level makes you increase you're respect, maturity, game intelligence, niceness, honesty, or any other genuine traits "... I have 3 things to say to that.

1) Levels have nothing to do with how a person acts. I've seen people PC their levels to have high combat stats and low overall, and they are some of the nicest people I've ever met. While I've seen people train their stats on monsters and range the "old" way, and being total jerks all the time. Levels have nothing to do with it at all.

2) And not trying to flame you, but you said "increase you're...game intelligence..". Correct me if im wrong, but your saying, by training a skill, we are learning less about the game? Wouldnt you learn more about a game by training another skill because its expanding your skill base. Sounds like your just unhappy that summon messes up your "perfect combat".

3) I personaly, do not BH, so combat matters little to me. I think summoning is a wonderful addition into the game, because it adds a little fun and exciement. Also, when your killing and training, its nice to know you have a little helper around to keep you company and help you out when needed. Sadly people like you cannot see this as you are only focus on a level number and the whole "having awsome stats for a low combat level" concept. You dont have to personaly to train the skill, but calling people who train summoning "un-mature, un-intelligent, not honest, ect.." sounds childish to me.

Hate to burst your bubble, but there are alot people who play runescape who dont care about combat levels. Just because someone has 60 summoning, attack, strength, and defence, dosent mean they are any less of a player than someone who has 80 attack and strength. The same is also true for the opposite way around. Dont judge people on their combat level, or what levels they chose to train.

Back on topic:

Summoning is the main reason for the combat increase, espeically since alot of people gain a few levels just to try it out, or get some of the cool famliars. Espeically the terrorbird, which is a great addition to training alot of other skills.

dawnsigblue-3.png

Uhm, thats like saying "Not training smithing in your overall level makes you increase you're respect, maturity, game intelligence, niceness, honesty, or any other genuine traits "... I have 3 things to say to that.

1) Levels have nothing to do with how a person acts. I've seen people PC their levels to have high combat stats and low overall, and they are some of the nicest people I've ever met. While I've seen people train their stats on monsters and range the "old" way, and being total jerks all the time. Levels have nothing to do with it at all.

2) And not trying to flame you, but you said "increase you're...game intelligence..". Correct me if im wrong, but your saying, by training a skill, we are learning less about the game? Wouldnt you learn more about a game by training another skill because its expanding your skill base. Sounds like your just unhappy that summon messes up your "perfect combat".

3) I personaly, do not BH, so combat matters little to me. I think summoning is a wonderful addition into the game, because it adds a little fun and exciement. Also, when your killing and training, its nice to know you have a little helper around to keep you company and help you out when needed. Sadly people like you cannot see this as you are only focus on a level number and the whole "having awsome stats for a low combat level" concept. You dont have to personaly to train the skill, but calling people who train summoning "un-mature, un-intelligent, not honest, ect.." sounds childish to me.

Hate to burst your bubble, but there are alot people who play runescape who dont care about combat levels. Just because someone has 60 summoning, attack, strength, and defence, dosent mean they are any less of a player than someone who has 80 attack and strength. The same is also true for the opposite way around. Dont judge people on their combat level, or what levels they chose to train.

Back on topic:

Summoning is the main reason for the combat increase, espeically since alot of people gain a few levels just to try it out, or get some of the cool famliars. Espeically the terrorbird, which is a great addition to training alot of other skills.

Indeed, great post =D>

Precisely.

Really... Really now, was that really thought out?

Respect: A lvl 128 will be respected the same as another lvl 128 if they are not wearing any armour. The respect is unchanged by most unless you stat spy.

Maturity: How does anything increase your maturity? 10 year old has a high summononing level on one account and and high "old " combat on another account. He is still as mature aas a 10 year old ;)

Game intelligence: so the fact that you have to know where to get the charms, have the ability to get them, have the resources to know where to get the cash and then know where the most effective way to make pouches requires no intelligence? Uh-huh. And killing any monster for an extended period of time makes you a super genius? riiight... get back to me on that ;)

Niceness, honesty: refer back to the 10 year old model (not bashing 10 year olds, just so you know. Just clearifying the immaturity point)

genuine traits: what traits? I have seen incredibly nice low levels and high levels that act like [cabbage].

determination: so it takes no determination at all to get thousands of charms and the cash for shards and the second ingredients is what you say?

For pretty much all of runescape's history high-levels have been the most skilled and most respected players. With summoning, a lot more players have access to this status. We're just trying to state that the original "high-levels" are hard to find anymore.

Then with everyone boosted a few more levels, the high level bracket you speak of should be higher than you imagine. Actually, the new high levels have another skill to work on so getting into the new high levle group is harder (I.e. a lvl 100 was high level, now level 105 is high level. The level 100 just had to do more work to get to level 105)

I personally belive that summoning is a great skill that easiy is part of your combat in a multi-combat place and sometimes single combat. You have to admit that a lvl 128 with 99 all "old" combat will have a good chance of failing when he/she fights a lvl 128 with 99 summoning and 91 all stats. I would love to see that person lose when the lvl 230 hits it with 4 powerfull range attacks over and over and over... (dont forget the 15% def boost!)

Even at low levels it helps. I have 41 summoning and 84 combat. I can use a familar to heal, boost defence, help me mine or WC a bit, increase my inventory by 50% while providing extra run energy, or have sometihng help me kill faster in a multi combat area. As long as you have a fighting familar with you, the extra 5 damage or so every minute is definety not a hinderance. Maybe you could try to summon before making such bold comments on how it can't affect a combat level.

EDIT: looking at your stats, i'd say that

1. you can infact kill a stell titan, but probably not 3-4 that a summoner will sommon, while the summoner is still attacking and

2. you have high stats. I would guess you can just keep your charms until you max combat (w/o summoning) and then use them. The only problem is the money im sure you could handle that. :)

Snowball997.png

Ok... Im not that good. But I have an anchor!!!

If you ask me, 100+ combat hasn't been rare since Pest Control was released.

100+ weren't rare, even after i started playing. :P

i agree with this topic, only because i'm seeing a lot more 138s then often.