Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Brainymidget's Dagannoth Kings Guide

• Please log in to reply
148 replies to this topic

mackish
[ Display Name History ]

mackish

Goblin Armour

• Members
  • 110 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Semi-Retired
  • RSN:debian
  • RSN2:mackish
Good guide, used it today, Worked spectacular.

:mrgreen:

llamster
[ Display Name History ]

llamster

Demon Vanquisher

• Members
  • 2,420 posts
  • RSN:Llamster
Is the new Arcane shield any good for maging Rex? It has a +20 mage attack bonus and high defence stats.

Ah, this reminds me about the noob on the Runescape forums who was upset with the quest "Cold War" because apparently his grandparents died in the war. :wall:

TheHummingbird
[ Display Name History ]

TheHummingbird

Goblin Armour

• Members
  • 125 posts

Is the new Arcane shield any good for maging Rex? It has a +20 mage attack bonus and high defence stats.

I'm guessing rex doesn't have much mage def, so I'd stick with elysian/divine to reduce the damage taken, lengthening your trips =)

brainymidget
[ Display Name History ]

brainymidget

Retired TET Member

• Clan Official
  • 826 posts
  • RuneScape Status:None
  • RSN:Brainymidget
  • Clan:SoDB
If you've got the money to actually afford one of these new shields, they would be great. The +20 mage offense on the arcane is a great bonus. The extra melee bonuses on the Divine and Elysian really doesn't help at all although the special effects might help. I personally think the best would be the spectral. It gives a +30 mage defense bonus. For me, who does not use mage prayer, this is an incredible bonus. So ya, all the new shields should be really great if you can afford em.
Posted Image
Posted Image

brainymidget
[ Display Name History ]

brainymidget

Retired TET Member

• Clan Official
  • 826 posts
Just finished a big edit. Added a lot of little things, as well as summoning inventories for all techniques.
Posted Image
Posted Image

bedman
[ Display Name History ]

bedman

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,774 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
  • RSN:bedman

If you've got the money to actually afford one of these new shields, they would be great. The +20 mage offense on the arcane is a great bonus. The extra melee bonuses on the Divine and Elysian really doesn't help at all although the special effects might help. I personally think the best would be the spectral. It gives a +30 mage defense bonus. For me, who does not use mage prayer, this is an incredible bonus. So ya, all the new shields should be really great if you can afford em.

You dont use mage prayer, so you dont use any prayer at all?

Would you think, with a unicorn, its possible to survive just with scrolls (and perhaps rapid heal) and not mage praying. (using verac method w/o sgs). Or should I just mage pray. And if I mage pray, should I bring brews? I can imagine unicorn healing enough (just got it, so not sure).

I was also wondering why you took brews with the unicorn/guthan method, I'm pretty sure that with guthan, sgs, unicorn, and perhaps, mage praying, you can stay there *forever* (as long as you have mage pray).

Thanks in advance

brainymidget
[ Display Name History ]

brainymidget

Retired TET Member

• Clan Official
  • 826 posts
Those brews are just in case. Once you're experienced enough, you won't need em. These are just general inventories, as you get more experienced, you can learn what inventory works for you.

As for lasting a long time without mage prayer, it's very possible. I personally have had a couple 4 hour long trips. I would have lasted longer but I was browsing the forums and got ring of life'd out. I was planning for an 8 hour trip and when I got teleported out, I would have easily had enough supplies. I brought unicorns which healed me almost enough. I then also had a Saradomin Godsword which made it so I almost never had to heal. I still had Guthans though, just in case. I would not suggest going with only a Unicorn and not praying. There will be some points where you won't have enough healing. If you want a really long trip, I would suggest bringing 2 or 3 super restores. These will give you prayer when it's really needed. Bring a lot of Antipoison(++). I think each 4 dose potion lasts you around 50 minutes. Then just bring the basic stuff and a lot of Unicorns.
Posted Image
Posted Image

Shelby_Polo
[ Display Name History ]

Shelby_Polo

Retired Crew Leader

• Members
  • 1,856 posts
  • RSN:Shelby Polo
This needs to be AoW'ed

Very organized and informative

and WAY better than the old DK AoW guide lmao

Great Guide =D>

Posted Image
Suggest a poll for Tip.it - Here!

anish00b
[ Display Name History ]

anish00b

Dark Wizard Robe

• Members
  • 778 posts

if you don't have high enough mage to cast charge of you don't have enough money, you can use slayer dart or fire wave, I personally find fire wave to be better than slayer dart

error found( im not being picky but just helping)

and preety good guide i might try it sometime but im wondering is there any point for going for long trips? and what is the usual average amount money that you get pet trip?
signature your as this use backwards this read to enough smart were you if
^^^^read backwards^^^^
Posted Image

http://forum.tip.it/...57562&p=6009903
^^^^The Best Melee Training Spot In The Game^^^^

http://forum.tip.it/...?f=180&t=786213
^^^^The new Bandits^^^^

even i have the misfile craze!!!

brainymidget
[ Display Name History ]

brainymidget

Retired TET Member

• Clan Official
  • 826 posts
I personally have been on two 4 hour long trips. I made about 10-15 million Geepees on each one, although I am pretty lucky. My reasoning for going on long trips was simply to set a record. The current record is 8 unicorns, I was aiming for 9, although I think I only got 4-5 before ring of life teleported me out.
Posted Image
Posted Image

Who
[ Display Name History ]

Who

Demon Vanquisher

• Members
  • 2,463 posts
  • Clan:SODB
This guide has been chosen by the PMG team to be moved into the Archive of Wisdom. All discussion on the topic and guide should be posted here.

bedman
[ Display Name History ]

bedman

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,774 posts
  • RSN:bedman
Just two more questions, since I'm probably gonna be maging 97-99 there:

What's the xp per hour (magic) with claws on guthix on a populated world (1500 +, quick rex spawns) + any idea on hp xp too? (nearing 99 too there :-)).

Is it hard to get in w/o suicider? I heard there are some pretty good techniques.

Fedorca99
[ Display Name History ]

Fedorca99

Dark Wizard Robe

• Members
  • 888 posts
  • RSN:Fedorca99

Just two more questions, since I'm probably gonna be maging 97-99 there:

What's the xp per hour (magic) with claws on guthix on a populated world (1500 +, quick rex spawns) + any idea on hp xp too? (nearing 99 too there :-)).

Is it hard to get in w/o suicider? I heard there are some pretty good techniques.

It is possible to get in without a suicider. You just need to keep going in and seeing if Supreme is out of range. It can take a few brews to get it right. If he is out of range, make sure to hug the southwest edge as you go in.
Posted Image

brainymidget
[ Display Name History ]

brainymidget

Retired TET Member

• Clan Official
  • 826 posts
Ya, I have a video for getting in without a suicider. That's for duo mage but it's very similar for solo, just a bit harder although not harder at all if you're able to sneak around the edge as Fedorca pointed out. As for exp per hour, I personally have no idea, at all.
Posted Image
Posted Image

Aussietroopa
[ Display Name History ]

Aussietroopa

Spider Egg

• Members
  • 69 posts

*Dramatic music plays as Jard Y Dooku enters the thread!*

Time to clarify this whole max hit nonsense. I've told you and Short before, Prime CANNOT hit 60. And Short refuses to look at the image proving it's not 60. :D

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Anyways, fix your guide with the correct hits. I don't care who says they've been hit over what these monster examines say. They are lying or mistaken. Jard Y Dooku, out.

You also assured me I was wrong about Corp hitting over 60's. Rex I've been personally hit a 28, and I swear I've been hit a 34 by Surpreme, not 100% though. 50 Seems about right for Prime #-o
[/bads]

Inuashakent
[ Display Name History ]

Inuashakent

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 6,939 posts
That's their melee max hit. Jagex is stupid, we know. (Many monsters in Runescape don't melee)
[Summoning guide (AOW)] [Slayer guide] [Melee & Brawl player]
Posted Image

TheHummingbird
[ Display Name History ]

TheHummingbird

Goblin Armour

• Members
  • 125 posts
Without a suicider, can't you just run in with SGS, beat up on Supreme (go up ladder if rex gets on you)? Once Supreme is dead, run up the ladder to get Prime off you, then come back down and sneak around the southern edge to the Rex spot.

brainymidget
[ Display Name History ]

brainymidget

Retired TET Member

• Clan Official
  • 826 posts

Without a suicider, can't you just run in with SGS, beat up on Supreme (go up ladder if rex gets on you)? Once Supreme is dead, run up the ladder to get Prime off you, then come back down and sneak around the southern edge to the Rex spot.

Ya, that's a really good way to do it. If I can't sneak in, that's what I do.
Posted Image
Posted Image

zunee_boy
[ Display Name History ]

zunee_boy

Rat Meat

• Members
  • 38 posts
  • RSN:Zunee27
  • RSN2:Denim Babie
  • Clan:SoDB - Slayers of Dangerous Beasts
Nice guide! Me and my team (4 others) got 3 axes. Sadly only the rich people got axes :(.
Posted Image
Posted Image

Exspire
[ Display Name History ]

Exspire

Chicken Feather

• Members
  • 18 posts
Just a little addition to your maps, maybe indicate what monsters/prayer are there/should be used?
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users