The only thing a slayer cape shows is that you have alot of free time :roll:

Its stupid to respect someone because of a cape on a game, sorry guys :roll:

aquasig2lc8.png

^^Click For Monster Hunting Blog (180M+ in drops)^^

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nearly all combat skills, Fletching,Thieving, Cooking, Hunter and Firemaking are not even close to being hard. The majority of them are afk, and those that aren't can be raised quickly if you have the money. To me the hardest skills ingame are Runecrafting, Slayer, Agility and Mining.

Combat stats are not easy to raise, tbh they take longer than a lot of other skills. I have 99 attack and the max experience a person can get is around 80k an hour. Compare that with 200k an hour at pyramid plunder, cooking sharks, fletching magic longbows, using dragon bones on a guilded alter, chopping willows or countless other power trained skills it is lowly experience indeed. Remember that is 80k completely paying attention and power training.

Some skills I believe are rather easy to get to 99, such as cooking and fletching. But they still require thousands of clicks, and take time. So honestly who is to say that they are not achievements. So I say that any 99 is an achievement regardless of the skill.

There are some that are much harder 99's to get than others. The hardest I would rank as slayer, runecrafting, agility, mining and fishing. They all take lots of time to achieve, and I would say they are all difficult. However as a quest cape owner I would like to say that it is also a cape unlike any other. You continually have to get new requirements, and work through puzzles and bosses to reachieve the cape you desire.

fencejummper.png

fencejummper.png

Attack Cape

Quest Cape

FireMaking is a hefty cost for 99 (3,656.356 Gp for 83099 maple logs (and thats only on mid price))

So everyone with a 99 sould get respected even hunter ;)

2nv5bvl.png
99 Firemaking 30-5-2010 | 99 Fletching 13-7-2014
TET-AU member:6-10-2010 - 21-10-2011

I always considered the best capes to be the capes that are impossible to be completely bought or as i call them the work skills. Those would be mining, agililty, fishing, theiving, woodcutting, runecrafting, farming and hunting. While I agree with others that some of this can be fairly easy such as fishing or woodcutting as you don't have to pay much attention, the rest require lots of work and time.

That being said I would say the capes would be ranked this way in my opinion

Runecrafting

Agility

Mining

Farming

Slayer

Prayer

Hunting

Woodcutting

Theiving

Range

other combat capes

Quest

The rest can all be bought fairly easy some cheaper and others.

If all the world is a stage, can someone please get all the clowns off the stage so the performance can begin?

Sigh, here comes another one of those skillcape threads again...

So here I am defending my untrimmed Cooking skillcape (Yes, flame me)

I'll admit, I pretty much bought my way to that after 90.

Judging by some of the people that have posted here, and on my other threads like this, I expected to taunted a *lot* because of it.

Amazingly though, in the three months I've had it, I've never been flamed for wearing one, and I've rarely taken it off since, so I know most people at least have some respect for any cape, or at the bare minimum the decency to keep any negative opinions to themselves.

Wait, I'm supposed to be defending it, so I'll get to it. Cooking a buyable skill? So is Fletching, Herblore, Prayer, Smithing, Farming, Construction and Firemaking.

---------

Should cost really play a part? Not really, Firemaking from 50 to 99 is a mere 4 million, but no one flames that.

Herblore, if you had the money, is as easy as Fletching, which to those of you who so, erm, [sarcasm]kindly aired your disdain about[/sarcasm], just that it costs more.

Smithing, if you just smithed steel plates all the way, it would take just over 24k banks to get to 99 from my level. Shouldn't take that long, since you use 5 bars in one shot.

Is that dissent I hear? What's that you say? I don't have 99 Smithing, how do you know?

Same thing, you don't have 99 Cooking, how would you know its easy?

-----------

What's that again? You don't respect Cooking and Fletching Skillcapes because so many people have them?

HELLO?? At the time of this writing, 41k or so people have Cooking skillcapes, and 41k people having Fletching skillcapes.

Also at the time of writing, 41k people have Strength skillcapes.

-----------

Air_Dragon15.png

MY god, how many times do i have to say this? We think your cape isn't respectable because it is buyable and requires no attention

Okay? It doesn't cost a lot of money, you have to pay no attention, and it has very high exp rates. THOSE are the reasons. That is what seperates it from something like firemaking. That takes a lot of attention.ATTENTION is the main thing here. Put your fish on the Rouges Den fire, watch Scrubs in another window, and click continue on the grats windows. That is all there is to cooking.

with something like firemaking,smithing,prayer, and most other skills you have to constantly pay attention. Face it, if you didn't think that cooking or fletching wasn't an easy skill to 99 , you wouldn't have gone for it.

There is also a difference between a skill that everyone trains, and a skill people want just want 99 in. Strength is the most widely accepted melee skill to train, and has benefits up to 99.That is why people train it. The ONLY reason people get 99 cooking is for the cape.

A_Punk.png

Thanks to all those who have messaged me concerning a revamp of my Range-Slayer guide. Because of you all I will start rewriting it asap.[/color]

Formerly RobinHoodie.

The only thing a slayer cape shows is that you have alot of free time :roll:

Its stupid to respect someone because of a cape on a game, sorry guys :roll:

WOOSH!

Thats the sound of all the posts before you going right over your head.

We arnt talking about respecting the person you ignorant dolt, we are talking about respecting the time and effort and determination it took to get there. How about you read next time so you can properly contribute to the thread.

On topic. All capes are respectable. Period.

My argument is "If its so easy, why dont you have it?"

Yours "If I wanted it, Id get it easy"

Again "So do it and prove it"

Yes, Fletching and Cooking are common capes, and I wont get them, simply for this; there is no use. I dont burn enough food to make me get 99 cooking, and I can already make everything (minus dragon arrow in two levels) in fletching already, so, why go higher? Imo its boring anyway, the road to 85 was terrible. Tried for 99, but hated it after 88, and quit.

blood_argon.gif

99 Crafting :: 39,750th || 99 Attack :: 1,775th

I hate that argument so much. It really is a very stupid argument. If someone has every 99 but cooking and fletching. You'd say "if it's so easy, why don't you have it?". That's just.. god there's not even a word.. This guy has 99 rc and you say he doesn't have the 2 week patience for 99 cooking? He doesn't want them because they are way too easy and not worth the time(although very low amount of time) to get them. Everyone CAN get one, not everyone needs an easy cape though. Some people prefer actually working for a cape and feeling a sense of achievement.

A_Punk.png

Thanks to all those who have messaged me concerning a revamp of my Range-Slayer guide. Because of you all I will start rewriting it asap.[/color]

Formerly RobinHoodie.

I only checked the requirements for Master and Experienced quests, so the levels required might be a little higher. But based on the requirements I did check you need AT LEAST(Not including high combat required to beat some bosses in several of the quests) 6,769,491 experience. If I was to add in decent combat level(Ie. 75 Attack, 75 Defence, 75 Strength, 75 Hitpoints[1,210,421xp each]) it would come out to around 10,850,781. So you need slightly less experience(Possibly more depending on combat level required) to get a quest cape than a level 99(13,034,431) skillcape, but you do need to level up several harder skills overall and spend more time doing quests(Even with walkthroughs it would still take a long time to do every quest.).

With these calculations I'd say getting the quest cape is harder than getting the majority of the skill capes and takes longer, but it's still much less boring to get a quest cape than a skill cape.

Attack - 40(37,224)

Defence - 65(449,428)

Strength - 60(273,742)

Hitpoints

Ranged - 60(273,742)

Prayer - 50(101,333)

Magic - 66(496,254)

Cooking - 70(737,627)

Woodcutting - 72(899,257)

Fletching - 50(101,333)

Fishing - 62(333,804)

Firemaking - 51(111,945)

Crafting - 66(496,254)

Smithing - 69(668,051)

Mining - 60(273,742)

Herblore - 57(203,254)

Agility - 60(273,742)

Thieving - 63(368,599)

Slayer - 59(247,886)

Farming - 53(136,594)

Runecraft - 50(101,333)

Hunter - 48(83,014)

Construction - 50(101,333)

Summoning

With the release of the new quest, the Quest Cape just got a whole lot more respected.

No it didn't.

Well maybe not a whole lot more, but a bit more. At the very least, it added a bit of money needed to get the quest cape. 69 smith costs a bit.

A_Punk.png

Formerly RobinHoodie.

With the release of the new quest, the Quest Cape just got a whole lot more respected.

No it didn't.

Well maybe not a whole lot more, but a bit more. At the very least, it added a bit of money needed to get the quest cape. 69 smith costs a bit.

Cost does not make something impressive.

I only checked the requirements for Master and Experienced quests, so the levels required might be a little higher. But based on the requirements I did check you need AT LEAST(Not including high combat required to beat some bosses in several of the quests) 6,769,491 experience. If I was to add in decent combat level(Ie. 75 Attack, 75 Defence, 75 Strength, 75 Hitpoints[1,210,421xp each]) it would come out to around 10,850,781. So you need slightly less experience(Possibly more depending on combat level required) to get a quest cape than a level 99(13,034,431) skillcape, but you do need to level up several harder skills overall and spend more time doing quests(Even with walkthroughs it would still take a long time to do every quest.).

With these calculations I'd say getting the quest cape is harder than getting the majority of the skill capes and takes longer, but it's still much less boring to get a quest cape than a skill cape.

Attack - 40(37,224)

Defence - 65(449,428)

Strength - 60(273,742)

Hitpoints

Ranged - 60(273,742)

Prayer - 50(101,333)

Magic - 66(496,254)

Cooking - 70(737,627)

Woodcutting - 72(899,257)

Fletching - 50(101,333)

Fishing - 62(333,804)

Firemaking - 51(111,945)

Crafting - 66(496,254)

Smithing - 69(668,051)

Mining - 60(273,742)

Herblore - 57(203,254)

Agility - 60(273,742)

Thieving - 63(368,599)

Slayer - 59(247,886)

Farming - 53(136,594)

Runecraft - 50(101,333)

Hunter - 48(83,014)

Construction - 50(101,333)

Summoning

Actually,

85 Combat Got 85 Combat with 60 Str, 62 att,

77 hp, and 65 def + 30 summ;

if this seems unreal please tell me

50 Prayer 101,333

51 Firemaking 111945

48 Hunter 83,014

72 Woodcutting 899,257

53 Farming 136,594

59 Slayer 247,886

60 Agility 273,742

65 Defence 448,428

40 Ranging 37,224

66 Crafting 496,259

50 Construction 101,333

42 Fletching 45,529

60 Stregnth 273,742

66 Magic 499,254

50 Runecrafting 101,333

57 Herblore 203,254

65 Fishing 449,428

60 Mining 273,742

70 Cooking 737,627

69 Smithing 668,051

62 Attack 333,804

77 Hitpoints 1,475,808

30 Summoning 13,363

=

Roughly 8,381,544

So, a Quest cape is 2/3 the exp for 99, but with the logic and time needed it, imo, exceeds most 99s.

I have cooking and fletching capes and admit they are pretty easy to get. However I still spent time, money and effort to get skill mastery and therefore have the reward. I've been called a noob at 122 combat as I wear a trimmed cooking cape, yet the person calling me a noob had nothing.

As for quest cape (which I also have) I think it is worth more respect than other capes. Like I said cooking cape is easy to get but to get a quest cape you have to have 70+ cooking as well as high levels in most of the other skills. I.E you have to be a good all round player. People with quest capes are usually the less noobiest as they have experience in most avenues of the game.

I have more respect for time consuming skills capes. For example runecrafting, slayer and summoning. That shows dediction to the cause and are non-buyable. Also any "gathering" skill gets respect from me, fishing, woodcutting and mining are all pains to train due to severe boredom and slow XP. Yes woodcutting is popular but that doesn't take away from the sheer amount of work involved.

Buyable skills do get less respect in my eyes, but that shouldn't detract from the fact the skill has been mastered.

cat_sabbath.png

Trust the Gene Genie!

This might have already been said, but every skill cape should be somewhat respected. They all have to be earned through at least a respectable amount of work. As for 99's that cost money and require little time, the money put towards these skills still has to be earned.

Previously known as Monkeybeast0.

Walkman1022.jpeg

This might have already been said, but every skill cape should be somewhat respected. They all have to be earned through at least a respectable amount of work. As for 99's that cost money and require little time, the money put towards these skills still has to be earned.

Monkeybeast tells the truth.

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

FireMaking is a hefty cost for 99 (3,656.356 Gp for 83099 maple logs (and thats only on mid price))

So everyone with a 99 sould get respected even hunter ;)

4m for a 99 is ridulous when some people say it should be respected as much as slayer

adicolorz.png

I have both fletching and cooking to 99. I'm now focusing on getting my runecrafting to 91, and then using the cash made and money from subsequent runecrafting levels to 'buy' level 99 prayer.

I 'bought' cooking. I'm going to 'buy' prayer too. I can't see the difference between buying either myself.

Drunkenmonka.gif

Well I'm choosing not to debate with everyone here, I'm just going to supply you with a list of my most respected capes. All capes are respectable in my opinion because no matter what they are they still take a fair amount of time and effort, even if it's two clicks per inventory.

-Slayer (my personal favorite, red and black FTW)

-Farming (one of my least favorite skills, which is why I respect the effort so much)

-Mining (while fun at times, it takes a long time to achieve)

-Runecrafting (I really enjoy this skill but the XP is fairly low so I think it's quite an achievement

-Prayer (if I had saved every GP that has ever crossed my hands I still probably wouldn't have enough money for this skill)

First of all, I get 99s for ME. I don't get them so I can get respect from others. I play this game to have fun and I set goals for myself to have a bit of a challenge.

I have 99 WC and FM. Personally, my reasons for getting WC were because it would get me a feel for the effort of a 99 without a daunting task ahead of me. I also *personally* got FM because I consider it to be the biggest waste of a skill in the game and if I went ahead and got 99 I would NEVER have to think about it again. Like I said, these are my personal OPINIONS so flame me if you want, but it doesn't truly matter.

I won't go as far to say it's stupid, but I don't think you should spend hours in game trying to get 99 in a skill so others will respect you. Do it for yourself and your own goals.

wontrimmed.jpg

bunker_boy.png

All capes will soon be treated like dirt. Don't worry, by next year they will be as common as a noob in lumby.

Don't you know the first rule of MMO's? Anyone higher level than you has no life, and anyone lower than you is a noob.

People in OT eat glass when they are bored.

Well this is pretty intense. \'

i dont have to respect any piece of armor, clothing, or weaponry in runescape regardless of the effort accrued to obtain it. its a game, and i just want to have fun.

As we said we don't respect the Clothing/Armour we respect the effort, and determination.

All capes will soon be treated like dirt. Don't worry, by next year they will be as common as a noob in lumby.

Why do you say this?

I Support TET!| If you want bunny PM Me.|Click For My DevArt

musics.png

^ Cowboy is the Best ^

IT'S A TRAP SHINY JUST WANTS TO STALK YOU.

Hell yeah I do. Whats your msn?

That's how it all starts.

Next he's going to ask you what flavor of candy you enjoy and whats your favorite color van.