Achievement Capes' Respect

Pat_61

I just tend to respect Runecrafting and Slayer the most. You have to really know what you're doing and be deditcated to achieve them.

The thing I don't get those is people hate buyable 99 skills (I.E. Cooking, Fletching, etc.), but have you considered that Runecrafting is a buyable skill? You spend money on it. Just because it takes longer to get makes it more respectable than any other 99 you can buy?

Foogey.png

I <3 Gears of War 2.

Add me on Xbox Live and mention you are from Tif :D

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I personaly respect all capes. With me my first cape wasnt bought/skilled to get. I had a close friend who quit and gave me over 60k raw lobbys ( he was planning on getting 99 cooking)

Other people who have 99 Cooking cape may have fished all the food they needed so that deserves respect.

I dont personaly cape what people think about my capes if i like em ill get em and wield then.

koolcookie0.png

Goals: 15m Slayer xp | 85 Herblore | 75+ All Stats | Chaotic Rapier | 125k/200k Tokens

My humble opinion:

All the capes (or 99s, if you prefer), regardless of speed or cost, should be respected. They're called capes of acchievment for a reason. :P

That said, there are still a few that are more notable due to the length of time/cost of getting said 99.

Setting goals is one thing. If you're going for a cape for a combat stat, even just partly for a 99, i support you wholehartedly.

If you're going for a 99 in something like con, which eats up money, just to get a cape, then that's not so cool.

• 3 weeks later...

Personally the only cape I have zero respect for is the untrimmed Cooking cape, purely because of all the idiots that bought it just for the cape.

It just annoys me so much that my favourite skill in the game is now seen as dirt because of all these slightly-rich level 80s/90s wearing Torags (word to the wise, your Torags legs cost more than Dharoks legs and look worse) that wanted a cheap 99 cape. The worst bit is now, that because Cooking was proclaimed to be the cheapest, quickest and easiest cape, raw fish has gone up and cooked fish is down to a point where it's no longer the cheapest 99 cape. Yet still these mindless sheep don't take the effort to calculate which would be the cheapest 99, they just blindly keep ruining the Cooking cape for anyone who actually likes Cooking.

blazesigbq9.jpg

I really couldn't care less about Achievement capes. If someone has a Fletching cape, and they enjoyed getting it, then good for them. If someone splashed out to get a Crafting cape but didn't enjoy it at all then they know in their heart of hears they've wasted their own time. I think it is sad people get so hot under the collar about the "best" cape or whether "buying" skills is bad or not. It seems the competitive side of the game (which in itself isn't a bad thing) has consumed some people and there is no way every player can say it is a game to them anymore.

Based on the argument in the earlier pages, I would like to point out that pretty much every skill is buyable. The only skills that are truly 'unbuyable' are:

Attack, Strength, Defense, Hitpoints, Agility, Thieving, Mining, Fishing, Slayer, Woodcutting and Hunter.

All the others can be bought. So does that mean that they deserve less respect. I mean, you have to have the patience to get the money and then actually buy the items, then you still have to use those items to get the xp. For example, you have to get the cash for construction. Say you were making oak larders. You would need about 80-100mil, then you would have to buy the oak planks (which may take a while considering G.E limits). Then you have to run back and forth between a bank and your house to actually make the larders.

The only skillcapes I think aren't as good as the others are fletching and cooking. The rest I think are good achievements.

Some skillcapes are less impressive than others. Fletching, Cooking, and Firemaking, for example, anybody can get if they have enough money. All skillcapes are achievements, but the sight of one may be worth more than another.

There are definitely some more respected ones, like Prayer, Construction, Slayer. They take more time to get, because you actually have to focus. Others are just mindless clicking.

I believe the Quest Cape is more in the middle. It's really not that easy to get (trust me, I'm trying ;)), or to keep, since you have to do every new quest that comes out. It's one of the ones that I respect more, anyways.

Kaze_the_Ace.png

Kaze_the_Ace.png

Kaze_the_Ace.png

SLAYERGEEK

if i had to rank them from best to least it would look somewhat like this

high level of respect (in order)

rc

slayer

farming

agility

minning

smithing

hp

medium level of respect (in order)

prayer

quest points

fishing

con

crafting

herblore

combat skills(including mage but excluding str)

str

low respect

hunter

theiving

wc

fm

extreamly low to no respect

fletching

cooking

Y_Z.png

I just hunt and cook loads cus I like doing them, I'm pretty certain they will be the first couple of capes I get and thats great, I've had a fine time getting them and will be proud of them...

It does annoy me though how the capes that take the longest to aquire are the best colours...

Avid43.png

Well if you really think about it one skill cape is just as easy to get as the next: You sit around for a really long time making the same clicks over and over and over again. What really bugs me is the lack of respect that the Quest Cape gets. If you think about it, the Quest Cape probably takes longer to get than any other Skill Cape in the game, yet it is one of the least respected capes. The fact that even Jagex doesn't consider it a "true" skill cape (it can't be trimmed and it doesn't trim your first level 99 cape) disgusts me. That said, I believe that the most impressive skill cape is the Quest Cape. Out of all of the level 99 skill capes, I respect the Agility skillcape for three reasons: 1. It takes a very long time to get. 2. You can't make any money what-so-ever off of agility. 3. The rewards for getting level 99 agility are basically non-existent. After level 70, there are hardly any shortcuts left worth unlocking which means 29 levels of training with little to no reward. Bravo to all those who have achieved either a Quest Cape or a level 99 Skill Cape!

Magib1.png

Magib1.png

Magib1.png

Just because someone baught the skill does not mean they did not work hard to achive it and they deserve respect regardless I don't see why rc is like upmost respected cape.

Unless they Mined all the essence and crafted it they baught that skill cape they just made money from it.

Cooking is teh hawtest cape out there <3:

Ponder00.png

twssmas.gif

I just don't respect Cooking because of how little attention and dedication it requires.

It's quite easy to just set-up there and AFK on a console game and occasionally bank, withdraw and cook-X food.

Fletching I respect more than Cooking. The stringing takes some concentration and gets me adjitated quite easily.

I'm not sure which cape i respect most. Maybe RuneCrafting, but then it has great income that makes it an easy skill to train in some ways. There's something to keep you motivated.

Farming is slow, but you can also gain a lot from it.

I guess it would be Herblore, you make a loss on pretty much everything you make when buying ingredients. It takes a lot of time and supplies can be hard to come by and I know if you want to do it at a reasonable pace it will cost you 100M+

So for dedication, time and lack of motivational atrributes, Herblore has got to be the most respectable for me.

Farming, Runecrafting, and Slayer are probably much slower. But have a very nice perk to them. Income, and lots of it!

Currently not active on RuneScape.

dazzuhsiggyfinal.png

As a Farming and Slayer Cape owner, I rank Farming over Slayer. Besides, Slayer cape is too common :lol:

SlayerParty1.jpg

Now see... A ton of us farmers should do that.. It would look 10x sexier cuz you know.. its farming.. it just owns.. =P

sgsagssighe6.jpg

the trick is to balance all of these methods to get 99 and either play real life or train another skill while farming.

635th to 99 Farming 12/16/07

Fletching and Cooking capes are worth nothing to me, sorry. They are just another skill you can pay for and not pay any attention, then in 2 weeks you have your 99.If that level 83 had level 70 slayer, that 83 would get more respect from me than anyone with just Fletching and Cooking Capes.

Firemaking is iffy, it's not hard, but it is a bit harder than Fletching or Cooking. As it actually requires a lot of attention. I still respect someone with a Fm cape.

Quest Cape, well i'm not sure about this one. For all we know they could've used a guide on every quest. Of course that works both ways. They could've not used guides at all. Nevertheless, the low skill requirements (I think it adds up to like 3m exp in all?) make it not so repspectful. But the fact that they have to continue working on their cape redeems it. Making the quest cape a pretty respectful cape.

Woodcutting is one i have no say on. It has some qualities of cooking and fletching, but some of harder skill capes, like low exp rates for a decent profit. I'd put it around the middle of fm-quest cape level of respect. (Quest being more)

Most respected would probably be Runecrafting. Can't be bought, must pay attention, low exp rates but a good moneymaker.

edit: And no one better use the "why don't you have it if it's so easy" argument. If i wanted to, i'd get it in 2 weeks. But i prefer a harder achievment. Such as Range or Defense. I like spending months on a skill instead of having it under a month.

Runecrafting can be 100% baught.

You only need ess and you buy that.

Ponder00.png

twssmas.gif

This is the amount of people that have 99 in each skill as of 6/8/2008. As you can see cooking, strength, and fletching pretty much dominate in the skills with most 99s.

In my opinion i think Runecrafting is the hardest skill to get 99 with.

Attack - ........38,800

Defence - ......25,500

Strength - .....48,000

Hitpoints - .....29,800

Ranged - .......18,600

Prayer - ..........5,200

Magic - .........17,400

Cooking - .......46,500

Woodcutting - 18,300

Fletching - .....46,400

Fishing - .........8,400

Firemaking - ..13,200

Crafting - .......2,600

Smithing - ......1,800

Mining - .........1,300

Herblore - ......1,100

Agility - .........1,500

Thieving - ......5,200

Slayer - .........1,700

Farming - .......1,700

Runecraft - .......850

Hunter - .........4,500

Construction - ...700

Summoning - .....330

Mithilarcher.png

I'll respect any cape as long as you are not just doing it to get the 99. If that is so, then you shouldn't be wearing that cape. If you do a skill, and you enjoy it, then kudos for you.

If you get 99 cooking or fletching and go beyond the 99 limit (~13m xp), then you have my respect.

~Dan

+1

many ppl get cook/fm/fletch cuz they want a 99 and don't have the commitment to get another one. plus these r cheap skills so more ppl get 99 in them cuz they don't have the commitment (again) to make money and buy a more expensive skill. my top 5s r

1. prayer - extremely expensive and boring and time consuming

2. mining - slow exp, banking, takes 4ever

3. runecraft - slow exp, great money maker

4. crafting - decently expensive (about 40m making tiaras from silver ore u make into bars from lvl 57)

5. hitpoints - slowest exp of all combat skills, and u can't really "train" it

and takes a while

and in response to a post made earlier on this page, about rc and mining ur own ess, I agree 100%. if u mine all ur ess and get 99 rc, I respect u. if u cat all ur yew logs and get 99 fletch, I respect u. if u fish to 99 and get 99 cook, I respect u. who I don't respect r ppl with a few mill and they decide they wan a 99 so they go out and waste it on fletch/fm/cook. if ur Gunna get a 99, make it one u really want not one u can easily obtain. and if u do choose to get one of those easier 99s, plS gather u own materials to show how dedicated u r to get that 99. and who knows, mayb I'll get 99 in that other skill u use for gathering (ex. 99 wc for 99 fletch)

modmarkl.jpg
~ 3,072nd to 99 Mining on August 30th, 2009 ~
~ 112,084th to 99 Magic on April 16th, 2011 ~

~ 131,681st to 99 Crafting on March 29, 2019 ~

~ 178,385th to 99 Prayer on April 2, 2019 ~

~ 234,921st to 99 Defence on May 9, 2019 ~

~ 173,480th to 99 Herblore on June 21, 2019 ~

~ 155,160th to 99 Smithing on July 16, 2019 ~

I hate it when people thought I bought my way to 99 cooking.

I say "No, I only spent money on the ingredients and cooked the fish I caught."

They then look at my fishing fishing level and call me a complete liar.

Who says I didn't bake cakes until 99 cooking?

People are so ignorant these days. -.-

V32d.gif

*i got 99fletch back in 2006. i thought it was pretty hard strining all the bows manually. but i made 200k xp and cash an hour =]

*i got 99atack in early 2007, i killed basilisks from 85ish or something to 99, this took ages

at the moment im doing 99smithing, i have to admit its prety easy

king__giovas.png

king__giovas.png

Feel free to add me ingame if you want to chat :D

With the release of the new quest, the Quest Cape just got a whole lot more respected.

Did it?

YES IT DID!

Rozanante.png

Rozanante.png

Still the proud owner of Quest Cape since 8th December 2007

All skills used to be 70 or higher. (Dang you Dungeoneering. Oh wait, it's not a skill...)

Drops: Whips 8, Black Mask 8, D/Skirt 1, D/Spear 1, D/Shield Left Half 1, D/Boots 12, G/Maul 4, Range Ammy 1, Hexcrest 1.

Now i just got 99 firemaking yesterday and to say the least i have gotten respect for those who got it!

i thought getting 99 firemaking would be one of the easier 99's but it is really hard on you.

1) i got bored, i solved this by watching movies and fming multitasking slowed me down a bit but made sure i didnt go mad.

2) i begun to get R S I(Repeative strain injury) i never found the answer on this one and my hand still hurts from it though not as much.

i say all 99's should be treated with great respect as it takes great dedication to get one.

though i say that i also would like to add that i think cooking and fletching are to easy just go buy and i like the fact thst you now lose money on cooking so that it is not just all good easy 99.

i respect anyone with a skill cape because i want to be respected for the effort i put into my 99 firemaking.

Played since February 2001

alexrn2vh6.jpg

13th to 30 hunting

firemaking cape achieved 6th August 2008_-_-_-_Quest cape achieved 19th August 2009