Achievement Capes' Respect

Pat_61

cooking- i cooked lobs at 120k/hr and sharks at 230k/hr at the time i thought it was great because it trimmed my 99 agility cape it was faster and i enjoyed it cause of all the people (was almost a year ago) it used to break even but now its a 10m loss

firemakeing-yews were 180-220k/hr but no chatting and eithr had to fight people in edge or fally or go to piscatoris i liked piscatoris as i could watch vids and not worry bout other people cost 14m with eucalyptus/yews from 90 100-150k/hr with maples but only like 4m

fletching- can be 120k/hr with yew longs or like 350k/hr doing bolts and hella click with limited buying of matirials

they are quick but they are good starter 99s :thumbsup: but i hate when people with just 99 cook complain how hard getting thier second 99 is like one went for attack next and acted like he was a god for going for a slower 99 :wall:

StarViv.png

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As said before all skill capes should get some respect, no matter how much effort, time, or money goes into them. But then you respect certain capes more or less depending on what effort has to go in to achieve the cape. As said cooking and Fletching are probably the easiest capes to get just due to the amount of time you have to put into it. As for Fire Making I will give props to those who have it just due to the fact that you can't Afk the skill. Sure it's pretty fast experience, but actually paying attention while doing something over and over again can get pretty boring. So I think Fire Making is one notch above Cooking or Fletching on my imaginary "CAPE RESPECT" meter. Then you have the "afking skills but takes forever" capes, such as Woodcutting and Fishing. Woodcutting capes take a while to achieve as does fishing. Plus the fact that you can only get like 60k experience per hour really really makes it alot slower than thieving. Anyways this is how my chart comes out on capes.

TOP 5

1:Slayer-Kudos to those who can kill hundreds of thousands of monsters with low experience rates.

2:Runecrafting-Long and boring skill to raise, but can become very profitable.

3:Farming: The main factor in this is time. It takes along time to wait for your plants to grow but also profitable.

4:Summoning:This skill takes time due to the fact that you have to kill to acquire charms.

5:Mining:Long, painful hours mining one ore at a time. Highly respected by me due to the fact I hate it.

Between Hard and Medium

6:Prayer:Very costly skill and takes alot of time even if you do have enough money to level it.

7:construction: Let's face it only those with true wealth can master this skill.

8:Hit Points: This skill can't be trained, thus making it a little harder than other melee skills.

9:Woodcutting: Takes lot's of time, although it can be Afked.

10: Fishing: same as Woodcutting.

Medium Skills

11:Smithing: Can be acquired pretty easily if bought, but time consuming if you actually mine the ores.

12:Agility: Basically going around in circles over and over again. Very time consuming.

13:Melee skills: Can be acquired through pest control relatively fast. Although the repitition can get boring.

14:Magic: Can be costly. Depends on which method you use to train it.

15:Range: Training with Chinchompas really improved the experience rate, unless you hunt all the chins.

Between Medium and Easy

16:Crafting: crafting blue vambraces can be fast if you have the money for blue d'hide.

17:Hunter: Red Chinning can be time consuming but very profitable.

18:Firemaking: Although fast experience rate, you can't afk this skill, which takes some determination and time.

Easy Skills

19: Thieving: Pyramind Plunder done fast enough can get you 200k experience per hour, making Thieving easy.

20:Fletching: With the string all option this skill can be done pretty quick.

21:Cooking: With the cook all option this skill gives a high experience rate.

Okay that is my respect chart. All I did, was post what capes would get more respect from me than others and why. Also note this is all based on my opinion. If you disagree with anything you can say so. I was writing this post at 3 in the morning Central Standard time. So it might be hard to read or understand. Anyways i conclude by saying all capes deserve respect to some extent. Wow... I really want to go to sleep lol.

25632.jpg

Magma_Guard3.png

runescapeboomdeyadasigui7.jpg

13:Melee skills: Can be acquired through pest control relatively fast. Although the repitition can get boring.

Not anymore, at least not as fast as before. Training on monsters is about as affective, if not more.

Other than that, wonderful post. :D

phpFffu7GPM.jpg

"He could climb to it, if he climbed alone, and once there he could suck on the pap of life, gulp down the incomparable milk of wonder."

The only skills i consider "junk" are Fletching, cooking and to an extent firemaking.

I personally own the Quest Point cape and i have 99 Strength, working on Thieving

The skills i believe to be most respected, are construction, prayer, summoning, slayer, farming, agility and herblore, these skills all require a great deal of time and effort. they generally cost a great deal aswell. Seeing my friend in construction/rc/summoning cape and partyhats has definately earned my repesct.

However, i also believe that the amount of exp you have gained after achieving 99 can be important. Knowing players with 30m rc exp, 92m wc, 50m wc, 40m fishing,30m fishing...the list goes on and on, these friends should be respected far more than i am for my strength, and soon to be thieving cape. Why should i have more respect for having a worse skill at a higher combat level. Also, getting the quest cape at 85 combat earns my respect.

The main thing is that if you're a higher combat level, your skill cape will be treated with more respect. Level 80's getting fletching and cooking just for a trimmed cape is no where near as good as a player who gets a relatively easy one, being strength, then works for Thieving.

For Magmaguard3

Thieving is far from easy, it requires constant attention,even with plunder, i've personally never managed a 200k hour, I advise that you check out how fast and how much effort a skil requires before classing it as easy.

If it were that easy there would be more than 5.5k people with 99.

IMO you can't judge a skill just on time alone, there are other factors, such as how much effort you have to put in, and how much money you have to put into it. Sure a skill may be easy, but first you have to earnt he money for it, making it hard. I'd advise attempting one of those so called "easy skills" not including fletching and cooking, then come back with a better post

Flame away

wee_man317.png

I don't think it's right that certain capes should be treated like dirt, however. I have one of these easy capes myself, 99 Cooking wasn't very hard to get and only cost me around 10m. I can see why these are respected less, also 45,000+ people have 99 Cooking lol. :|

~edit, Personally I think Agility and Mining are the most respected. Agility simply because all you really gain from 99 is the cape, and it must take great patience to get 99. Mining because it's such a slow skill, and I hardly ever see the cape :D

Took me 3 weeks to get 99 cooking as a byproduct of 99 fishing which took almost 4 months.

I never wear my cooking cape unless its to a party for someone else who is getting 99 cooking too, where I wear the following.

Chefs hat

Apron

Cooking cape (t)

Book of balance (recipe book)

Egg whisk/cleaver

White boots

White gloves

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

Hey,

I think that all skill capes are kinda special, and that they all are quite hard and need some dedication. I agree with this choice of "respected skill-capes" but would add in attack, strength, defence and herblore:

IMO, the most respected would be 99 Prayer, Slayer, Summoning, Construction, or Farming, mostly because those skills take ALOT of dedication and time.

- Rem.

:D

Please visit our forums !! Click the link!!

Register; and get posting!

CLICK! ---> http://dantay800.com/forum1/index.php <---CLICK!

All skill capes deserve respect. Just some more than others. I notice in the "rate this" forum if someone posts a 99 cooking thread people start spamming the player with "1/10" "fail/100" "noob" etc... But yet if some one gets a vissage after an hour off iron dragon killing they get 10's. That just doesn't seem right, when 99 cooking can take somtimes 100 hours.

Some are take less time to obtain but none are "easy" to get.

The skill cape I respect the most is 99 farming because it shows a player who truly enjoys the skill (and the game) for what it is.

Does it really matter whether I was right? #-o
This is Tipit. There is nothing more important than being right.

Common sense is nothing more than a deposit of prejudices laid down in the mind before you reach eighteen.

Capes i dont respect:

fletch

firemaking

cook* (i somewhat want this because IRL i love cooking, so i mite just spend like 8m on it as sentimental value, and not wear it)

Capes i respect:

HP

prayer

con

slayer

herb

agility

smith

woodcut

summ (congratz 1337paintball on 99 summ today on august 19th 2008)

farm

runecraft

mining

crafting

Cape that i think deserves the most respect:

mining

why? because theres no easy way to level. sure u can powermine granite, but u cant do that fast enough. coal is slow, gold is scarce, and iron is little exp at a time. i am currently doing nothing else but mining coal in mining guild, and thats where ill be until i get 99 mining. it takes 2months at the fastest mining over 6hrs each day, but i cant do that with school starting soon. im aiming for thanksgiving time to get 99, but i doubt it. maybe by christmas, and that would be nice.

im surprised not that many people said mining. im also not surprised because no one in members does mining, which makes it more valuable.

modmarkl.jpg
~ 3,072nd to 99 Mining on August 30th, 2009 ~
~ 112,084th to 99 Magic on April 16th, 2011 ~

~ 131,681st to 99 Crafting on March 29, 2019 ~

~ 178,385th to 99 Prayer on April 2, 2019 ~

~ 234,921st to 99 Defence on May 9, 2019 ~

~ 173,480th to 99 Herblore on June 21, 2019 ~

~ 155,160th to 99 Smithing on July 16, 2019 ~

All skill-capes are quite impressive, but they all mean different things to different people. e.g: Someone with a cooking skillcape may think that they have done very well to get 99 in that skill, some other person may think, "God what a noob, he thinks that 99 cooking is good? you can buy it for heaven sakes.." And i think that the cape that should be most respected is Agility, its a very slow skill to train even at a level like 40-50..

Credit to Dalek403 (Sam) for this Sig

runekidysig2.png

Just because you can buy a skill does not make it O.K. for you to call that skill a dirt skill cape. My friend had just enough money to cook using the trout method and it cost him everysingle gp he had (which he got back after like a month of the trout on g.e.) And took him about 3x as long as someone else who got the cooking skill cape. So just because you have an excess of money does not mean that every other player does. My friend loved cooking and i don't think anyone wears that cape more proudly than he does. He has never taken it off since he got it 2 weeks ago.

Ponder00.png

twssmas.gif

IMO,cooking is vey easy,but fm gets you carpel tunnel from all the clicking

rc,mining,cons,summ and other skills that require great efford,are the skills i highly respect

still not 99 fm #-o

2nv5bvl.png
99 Firemaking 30-5-2010 | 99 Fletching 13-7-2014
TET-AU member:6-10-2010 - 21-10-2011

Achievement cape is something we should all respect because of player's hard work that is shown from these "skill cape" =D> . but most people think that some cape r easy to get (e.g cooking , fletching and woodcutting) and they r wrong that's because they still spend a lot of time trying to get these skill cape like myself. ::' I m trying to get 99 cooking and fishing but some other player think it is too easy to get and so on and so forth .... why don't they just try it out ???

So i think you should all respect player's achievement capes even through they are easier to get then the rest of the other achievement capes. If other agree with me pls state on this forum :thumbsup: and if u don't you better have a good reason !!

huntintheenemy-1.png

Legendz - 100+ F2p combat !! Join today and get TWO free cookies @@@@@

crowngolduh9.gif - Proud Leader of LEGENDZ

warsword.gif - Proud Warlord of Clan Europe

It depends on if they are proud or jsut have they cape. If i had a cook cape and a qp cape i would wear qp for 2 reasons: 1. I like how it looks 2. they both are common but I think qp cape is better. It's all about personnal choice.

Oh and the most respected capes are (u) slayer, summon and hp.

New Siggy in progress.

Proud Construction cape owner

To me the most difficult 99's are mining, agility, and runecrafting. These are the 3 capes that I do not think I would ever be able to get. There are many skills that I respect quite a bit though, such as summoning/farming, but I happen to enjoy those skills so to me they are not as difficult.

I respect all capes however.

Copied from Magmaguard3

TOP 5

1:Slayer

2:Runecrafting

3:Summoning

4:Mining

5:Farming

Between Hard and Medium

6:Construction

7:Prayer

8:Hit Points

11:Smithing

12:Agility

Medium Skills

13:Woodcutting

14:Fishing

15:Hunter

16:Magic

17:Range

Between Medium and Easy

13:Melee skills

19:Thieving

16:Crafting

Easy Skills

18:Firemaking

20:Fletching

21:Cooking

Account Created 8/05/08

Katastrophi.png

lolic6.png

edit: And no one better use the "why don't you have it if it's so easy" argument. If i wanted to, i'd get it in 2 weeks. But i prefer a harder achievment. Such as Range or Defense. I like spending months on a skill instead of having it under a month.

Range along with prayer, magic, smithing, construction, crafting, and herblore are all buyable capes. Just, b/c they are more expensive does not mean they are not buyable.

Range-Chinchompas

Magic-Ancientz

Prayer-D-bones and Poh...might be fastest skill to get to 99.

Smithing-Gold ore

How can you look down on fletching and cooking, while you highly upon these skills. They should all be under the same category. "Can be done in two weeks with enough money."

Hunter is looked down upon too and you cant buy it.

I completely disagree.

Every 99 deserves credit, but the amount of credit differs in every cape

Yes, you can sit for 2 weeks and get cooking, but then again that's a hard thing to do.

I'm getting itchingly close to 99 range and to have you say it's a "buyable" skill just kills me.

Have you ever chinned? I range to make the money to chin and even then you have to pay complete attention the whole time and personally, i don't think it's even close to worth it.

If i'm gonna go the whole 99 without buying it, to have you sit there w/out a range cape and say i bought it honestly makes me think so much less of the average runescapian and the ignorance most of them have.

How would you feel if you spent 3 months of your virtual life or more getting a "perfect" in a skill and have someone trash it b/c they don't have it or it's easier than the trickest capes.

I do agree it's easy to get a cooking skill cape, but then again it's still 2 full weeks of bordom and that takes dedication. Not all of us have the commitment or time due to real life activities. I give all the credit in the world to slayer capes and herblore capes just b/c of the rarity. But i want my range cape to be appriciated, just like human nature feels like it wants to be appriciated for their hard work. :mrgreen:

~Penguin

frznflames.png

frznflames.png

frznflames.png

Skill capes don't deserve any respect. Anyone can get any of them, if they have enough time, and they don't require any work at all to achieve. Yeah, I can sit on my butt and click a mouse button. Big deal. So can any person of any age anywhere.

I'm not condoning talking down/mocking others with skill capes, but I don't think people with them deserve or should expect any respect for being able to click.

Skill capes don't deserve any respect. Anyone can get any of them, if they have enough time, and they don't require any work at all to achieve. Yeah, I can sit on my butt and click a mouse button. Big deal. So can any person of any age anywhere.

I'm not condoning talking down/mocking others with skill capes, but I don't think people with them deserve or should expect any respect for being able to click.

I disagree.

Getting 99 in any skill takes, if not skill, tremendous dedication, which is something that DOES deserve respect.

cheapshot_u.png

www.thewaythetruth.com

xSog Bagetx

All 99 Skill Achievement Cape owners deserve a little bit respect, even if it is something small and supposedly easy. They all take time and effort, and are not an overnight sorta thing.

Although, people who insult others are generally jealous in my experience. :P

^QFT!

ALL the skillcape owners had to go a long way!(well..with maybe an exeption of hunter)

An exeption to hunter? How so?

bling3.png

[blingkachi50]

All 99 Skill Achievement Cape owners deserve a little bit respect, even if it is something small and supposedly easy. They all take time and effort, and are not an overnight sorta thing.

Although, people who insult others are generally jealous in my experience. :P

^QFT!

ALL the skillcape owners had to go a long way!(well..with maybe an exeption of hunter)

An exeption to hunter? How so?

hunt is fast and makes money but its not a dirt cape o.o
StarViv.png