[TF2] It's MANN Vs. Machine!

Jaziek

Spy sappin mah sentry!

One time when I herd that I saw a "friendly" demoman next to my sentry. What an idiot spy haha.

I [bleep]ing love this game. As much as Bad Company 2. I literally [cabbage] brix when I herd it was coming to the Mac computers (because i work out of macs)

Engineer

Sniper

Pyro

Demoman

4 classes of epicness

Screenshot2011-08-18at14818PM-1.png

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Could TF2 run on my $2,500 iMac from 2008 with integrated GPU? Because I would love TF2 on my MAC.

Only thing I'm worried about is the GPU overheating, because that seems to be an issue with MACs.

Could TF2 run on my $2,500 iMac from 2008 with integrated GPU? Because I would love TF2 on my MAC.

Only thing I'm worried about is the GPU overheating, because that seems to be an issue with MACs.

Well my $1,000 laptop from '08 could run it, so if you iMac won't it sure does say something about Macs....

Especially since it was about $1,000 AUD.

Steam | PM me for BBM PIN

Nine naked men is a technological achievement. Quote of 2013.

PCGamingWiki - Let's fix PC gaming!

Well my $1,000 laptop from '08 could run it, so if you iMac won't it sure does say something about Macs....

"integrated GPU". No. I don't even think he could run it due to the GPU alone.

I was going to eat hot dogs for dinner tonight. I think I will settle for cereal.

OPEN WIDE HERE COMES THE HELICOPTER.

"integrated GPU". No. I don't even think he could run it due to the GPU alone.

I had an integrated GPU and I could play fine on min settings.

With a bit of fiddling you can play TF2 on some really old computers, but it looks quite retro. Sort of like an N64 game :P

Unrelated, I got a level 1 medic mask :P

Got some of those to work, but I can't get the low poly character models to work.

EDIT: Nvm, got the lowpoly models to work. Haha, it looks like Team Fortress Classic! But I get very good FPS now even with lots of players on screen.

With a bit of fiddling you can play TF2 on some really old computers, but it looks quite retro. Sort of like an N64 game :P

:shock:

Exactly what I need! Holy crap, I'ma try to get this to work. If it works...you're my hero.

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

Beats not being able to play for another month or so until I update my computer. :razz:

EDIT: Now that I think about it I guess Scout's legs when he double jumps would look weird...

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

About time :P I hope they released another meet the team video too.

draciontheman.png

"In the beginning, the universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move."

Hmm, take note of the blueprints in the background in the teaser. Bionic arm?

I was going to eat hot dogs for dinner tonight. I think I will settle for cereal.

Hmm, take note of the blueprints in the background in the teaser. Bionic arm?

Could be a replacement for the wrench. Most likely for who aren't too likely to sit with their sentry, or maybe it will destroy sappers faster and deals more damage to spies.

Played today a bit to warm up for Engi update.

had the best engi moment in my life. Ended up getting 16 kills with the turret, on my own (no one else on my team around me) in about the course of 2 minutes. I literally held off the entire enemy team just hiding in a little house repairing it.

had the best engi moment in my life. Ended up getting 16 kills with the turret, on my own (no one else on my team around me) in about the course of 2 minutes. I literally held off the entire enemy team just hiding in a little house repairing it.

That team you played against was garbage. No team with even a small amount of competence would have issues eliminating one sentry.

That team you played against was garbage. No team with even a small amount of competence would have issues eliminating one sentry.

It was on the bar room server and not all of them were terrible. I think they just got caught off guard by it lol.

It was on the bar room server and not all of them were terrible. I think they just got caught off guard by it lol.

Fair enough, although it should have only worked once to catch them by surprise. Some sentries are a pain in the neck to get rid of, so I'll give you that much.

Fair enough, although it should have only worked once to catch them by surprise. Some sentries are a pain in the neck to get rid of, so I'll give you that much.

Or they're positioned just such, that a uber to get Sentry A gets pushed back by Sentry B and vice versa.

Or the Gorge Roof "glitch". Was it ever a glitch? I only heard it by that.

siggy3s.jpg

One day, on a long rainy night, the Engineer was playing his banjo or whatever it is whenever those goddamned mutant worms stole his Apple. This gave him an idea to solve practical problems. Thus was born the Apple Sentry

Sentry does the following:

-Shoots an Apple when enemies are in view, 10 second reload. This apple attracts those goddamn ants, creating an aura of slowness similar to the effect on Natascha because those mutant worms have to be waded through, they're that hungry for that Apple. And those mutant worms are a bunch of hipsters, wearing hippie clothing and thinking they're better than everyone else. The Apple vanishes after 8 seconds.

-Due to the nature of how it's firing "organic" materials, it now takes 200 metal to build. 60 damage destroys this sentry also. It also shines white. And it cannot be sapped, seeing how this sentry is decidedly "better" than other sentries. It also cannot be repaired due to the lack of proprietary materials that the sentry uses. Instead, the Engineer has to build(scratch that, buy) a new one. It takes 30 seconds to buy a new one.

-It has no secondary function. It just fires Apples.

-Since this sentry is "perfect", it cannot be upgraded. It already attracts enough mutant worms as it is. For it to be upgradeable would be blasphemy.

-Hey, humper/turtleneers. Tired of sitting near your sentry and bored? Why not buy some games to go with it, like Pong for $10?

How does it sound for an unlock?

EDIT: http://store.steampowered.com/freeportal/ You have until the 24th. Valve is giving out Portal for FREE, no strings attached.

• 3 weeks later...