[TF2] It's MANN Vs. Machine!

Jaziek

How big is the file to download from Steam?

*macnoob here

Whops read that worng.

Nevermind

"Let your anger be as a monkey in a piñata... hiding amongst the candy... hoping the kids don't break through with the stick." - Master Tang

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

about 10GB+ littleboy. Since its mac (and not many have it) you cant copy from a friend. OR, to save bandwidth. get a friend who wants it too, you download half, copy over the steam files etc to him, he downloads the other half, then you delete them off your PC...Mac...Whatever and he copies the finished product over. twice as slow to do, but saves 50% on the download.

Oh, and on my way home from Army I remembered this little comic strip:

4chan-1214643222360.jpg

Popoto.~<3

How big is the file to download from Steam?

*macnoob here

The total game files should equal around 7.6GB, less if you have certain other source games (as they often borrow files from each other.) Although it might be different for Mac.

Steam | PM me for BBM PIN

Nine naked men is a technological achievement. Quote of 2013.

PCGamingWiki - Let's fix PC gaming!

• 3 weeks later...

Question for any "Spah" users, how do you effectively spy? EVERYTIME I try Im gunned down by a stray bullet, spraying Heavy or a Pyro who forgot where the "off" nozzle was. It's my favorite role, I've got the Ambassador+Cloak'n'Dagger/Pocke[bleep]ch thing but I just cant get the timings right. :|

Popoto.~<3

Question for any "Spah" users, how do you effectively spy? EVERYTIME I try Im gunned down by a stray bullet, spraying Heavy or a Pyro who forgot where the "off" nozzle was. It's my favorite role, I've got the Ambassador+Cloak'n'Dagger/Pocke[bleep]ch thing but I just cant get the timings right. :|

Ambassador is useless.

Disguise (anything but medic or spy usually) then stealth. Run till it's almost out, let it recharge, etc. Try to stay in corners where they aren't likely to look. Once you get behind them, start running behind someone, unstealthing within 15 feet, then backstab.

When taking out engy installations, sap the sentry, bs the engy, then sap the tele/dispenser.

polvCwJ.gif
"It's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights." - Dom Mazzetti

Watch some youtube spy guide/gameplay videos, helped me get the hang of it.

-Ambassador isn't useless. It's good for sniping from a distance and getting out of tight situations.

-Disguise in your color when you aren't on the enemy's side.

-Save some cloak for escaping

And you should remember that the spy is a support class, you aren't supposed to fight on the front lines. Get behind the enemy or die trying.

Got tf2 when it came out on mac and nearing 100h total playtime and 30% of achievements unlocked. Sniper, spy and engineer are my favorite classes, scout, demoman and medic are my worst ones. It's a good game.

This helped me a lot.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b-qD30EOO-o

The Ambassador is good at taking out engies at long range (or used to). The brightest and biggest thing on the engie...is his helmet. :mrgreen:

I've recently played more sniper and spy. Had a couple of good games of spy, and more as snipers.

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

Just bought The Orange Box for 360. Gonna try out TF2 soon, I've never played it before. :eek:

TF2 for 360 fails.

10postchm2105.png

WONGTONG IS THE BEST AND IS MORE SUPERIOR THAN ME

#1 Wongtong stalker.

Im looking for some No Limit soldiers!

Just bought The Orange Box for 360. Gonna try out TF2 soon, I've never played it before. :eek:

TF2 for 360 fails.

Probably, I don't really care though. I just wanna see what it's like.

TF2 for 360 fails.

Probably, I don't really care though. I just wanna see what it's like.

Well, the 360 version really isn't what the game is like. It's basically the PC version, except with less precise controls, and none of the updates and user made content. That doesn't just means less achievements/maps/weapons/etc, it also means many bugs and issues aren't fixed.

LOTRjokesigedition-1.png

Get back here so I can rub your butt.

I find the dead ringer to be a much better alternative to the normal spy watch or cloak and dagger. Very useful for running away from pyros, you let them flame you for a bit then cloak when going round corners and they genuinely think you're dead most of the time :twisted:

Beat my (current) engi record last night, 51 points in one round on goldrush, didn't get it just through teleports either, I only did 30 ish.

draciontheman.png

"In the beginning, the universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move."

I find the dead ringer to be a much better alternative to the normal spy watch or cloak and dagger. Very useful for running away from pyros, you let them flame you for a bit then cloak when going round corners and they genuinely think you're dead most of the time :twisted:

Beat my (current) engi record last night, 51 points in one round on goldrush, didn't get it just through teleports either, I only did 30 ish.

Normally, a pyro will take out your deadringer with the flamethrower, then keep going and get you while you're cloaked. There are very few players that can actually use the dead ringer well, and when they do, they are much more annoying than invis watch spies, lol.

For anyone struggling with spy, watch that video. It helps a TON. I'd love to stop seeing dumb spies that keep rushing at the enemy on my team once in a while :)

==================================

Retired tip.it moderator.

Teaching and inspiring.

Found out 1 problem. I was playing it last night at a friends on his PC, I was dominating as a Spy the whole time there. I think its THIS PC in general. the CPU is the equiv' of Pentium 4 which is worthless now and cant support so much data flying in. (and low RAM: 1GB). on his PC I was basically gliding around the place, many shanks left, right and above.

Popoto.~<3

TF2 is actually surprisingly hard on both. A computer that could run this in 2007 would have a lot of problems running it now, since it's gotten more intensive.

I was going to eat hot dogs for dinner tonight. I think I will settle for cereal.

OPEN WIDE HERE COMES THE HELICOPTER.

Well this game was pretty much already duck hunt for me on public servers even before the mac release. I haven't played in a while but I might start playing some PUGs or something since I have a broken leg...and it's the middle of summer.

Also this game has always been really hard on my computer, to the point where I had to use an FPS config to get it to run smoothly.

jjroxlu7.jpg

Ah, because I've got a CPU from 2005, but I'm getting a video card that can run Crysis at highest settings. Could I run TF2 smoothly at at least medium settings?

Ah, because I've got a CPU from 2005, but I'm getting a video card that can run Crysis at highest settings. Could I run TF2 smoothly at at least medium settings?

Tf2 is more cpu heavy, but a better graphics card definately helps. As long as you have a decent cpu you should be able to run it at low to medium though.

soldersig.jpg