Call of Duty: World at War

Arch_Tyrant

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aw sweet, finally got the Big Baller achievement solo and got to round 45 in the same run. Running around the Comm Room with a Wunderwaffe and a Thompson was still my strategy, I just didn't get trapped till round 45. Got only like 94k points though and only like 330 headshots, because I was using the Wunderwaffe a lot this time.

Also, Map Pack 3 for the Xbox Live Marketplace and PlaystationStore has been confirmed to be for August 6th...some lucky guys get to try it out tommorow (don't worry, it's only 10 people, not like a beta sign up or anything; just some community members on the site).

Link for proof: http://www.callofduty.com/intel/278

I can't wait for Map Pack 3! Just a little longer. Still don't know what the monkey bomb does, though. The bowie knife looks sweet, and the Pack a Punch machine looks better than I'd expected. When the weapons come out of it, they have really awesome designs on them, and the weapons perform better in some way too.

I'll probably visit the Twitter accounts of those guys in the Map Pack 3 event going on today and look for videos and screens. If I find anything, I'll post it here.

Map Pack 3/Der Riese Nazi Zombies Info

http://www.callofduty.com/board/viewtop ... 1619a91ddd

Some of the main points:

1. Monkey Bomb is gotten from the mystery box and put in the secondary grenade slot where molotovs had gone before. It is basically a monkey with cymbals and TNT on the back that hops around in circles with music and attracts all the zombies to it (like the pipe bomb from L4D), and then explodes.

2. Ray gun is upgraded to Peter's M1 Ray Gun in the Pack a Punch Machine (peter was some dude the radio talked about in shi no numa), and has red shots. Don't know if it's automatic now or what. Wunderwaffe probably also has red electricity.

3. PPSh-41's upgrade is called "The Reaper", and gives it more rounds (supposedly). Brownings upgrade gives it more rounds and power (supposedly).

4. You have to link the 3 teleporters to the Mainframe before a certain timer runs out (there's a clock on the wall somewhere or a countdown), and then you can use the Pack a Punch machine only after that.

5. Dogs spawn randomly on the map now, not necessarily close to you.

6. Bowie knife is one hit kill until the medium rounds (15-17), two hit kill at even higher rounds. Costs 3000 Points off the wall.

I think I'll buy this for the PC. If I did, hypothetically, where would I download the upgrades?

Do you already own CoD4?

No... CoD4 doesn't have zombies you silly.

Get Left 4 Dead then. :P

skyrim_by_katri_n-d3hewko.png

I think I'll buy this for the PC. If I did, hypothetically, where would I download the upgrades?

Do you already own CoD4?

No... CoD4 doesn't have zombies you silly.

You may as well wait for MW2. 8-)

Then we can play together on a higher (highest) skill average.

I dont need a siggy no moar.

You may as well wait for MW2. 8-)

Then we can play together on a higher (highest) skill average.

You wish.

PC ftw. :thumbup:

Wild goat wants a few games with me :-$ I have to start playing again.. 3 weeks without rifles and 2 weeks without playing, eurgh.

The Moist Nugget is very moist.

Very moist.

You should really stop trolling, you suck at it....

OT: I was going to wait until COD6 (i got 4 and love it) but is this worth getting too?

vcz3sx.png

PSN: Skaterguy1224 Tactical Nukes - 22

The Moist Nugget is very moist.

Very moist.

OT: I was going to wait until COD6 (i got 4 and love it) but is this worth getting too?

The multiplayer is broken to hell, but the single player is pretty fun. Single player can be completed quickly though. Wait until CoD6.

LOTRjokesigedition-1.png

Get back here so I can rub your butt.

Hey hard [wagon] Moist Nugget is the name of one of the guns, quit pretending like you know what you're talking about.

Mosin-Nagant, now stop being an idiot or are you incapable of doing so?

The multiplayer is broken to hell, but the single player is pretty fun. Single player can be completed quickly though. Wait until CoD6.

Is it infected with that UFO/Flying hack just like COD4?

vcz3sx.png

No it's infected with MP40-Duel-Maggers (MASS SPRAYERS) + Juggernaut noobs.

Speaking of which, I heard they're making a patch for the PS3 and 360 to fix that. http://twitter.com/fourzerotwo

Yep :mrgreen: I had annouced that in the COD4 thread :D

vcz3sx.png

New Map Pack 3 information! The overhead schematics for Der Riese were released today, although with some searching I'm pretty sure they can be found on someone's Twitter account, and Pack A Punch details. The new weapons look sweet, and the names are funny (they change when you upgrade them). Looks pretty damn promising so far. They released a few names of the upgraded weapons.

30 Cal => B115 accelerator

BAR => The Widow Maker

Colt 45 => C-3000 b1at-ch35

Shotgun Double Barreled => 24 Bore long range

Shotgun Double Barreled Sawed Grip => The Snuff Box

FG42 => 420 Impeller

Gewehr43 = > G115 Compressor

M1A1 Carbine => Widdershins RC-1

M1Garand => M1000

MG42 => Barracuda FU-A11

MP40 => The Afterburner

.357 Magnum => .357 Plus 1 K1L-u

New Map Pack 3 information! The overhead schematics for Der Riese were released today, although with some searching I'm pretty sure they can be found on someone's Twitter account, and Pack A Punch details. The new weapons look sweet, and the names are funny (they change when you upgrade them). Looks pretty damn promising so far. They released a few names of the upgraded weapons.

30 Cal => B115 accelerator

BAR => The Widow Maker

Colt 45 => C-3000 b1at-ch35

Shotgun Double Barreled => 24 Bore long range

Shotgun Double Barreled Sawed Grip => The Snuff Box

FG42 => 420 Impeller

Gewehr43 = > G115 Compressor

M1A1 Carbine => Widdershins RC-1

M1Garand => M1000

MG42 => Barracuda FU-A11

MP40 => The Afterburner

.357 Magnum => .357 Plus 1 K1L-u

The PPSh-41 is also called The Reaper, and the Ray gun => Peter's M1 Ray Gun or something like that.

Yeah I was kind of surprised at some of the names. I mean the colt has a ridiculous name now. Seems like they were trying to make it say C-3000 biatch35. :lol:

BTW, who in this thread DOES NOT play COD: WAW on a Wii ? If so tell which console (PS3, 360, PC).

(I personally play it on the 360.)