Call of Duty: World at War

Arch_Tyrant

I've been bored lately with the game, so I've been messing around like that. Lately I've been using trench gun + bayonet on every map. :)

Funny thing though, my k/d ratio hasn't gone down at all.

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lol, Goat, I know the maps are crap for sniping, its quite obvious. But there still are some decent spots you can snipe at. Not saying they're good or anything, but they are still decent. I know quite alot of sniping areas now :P

Dont people group alot in hardcore btw?

And the STG is just another MP40 =/

EDIT:

Can anyone tell me why people use MP40s and MG42s* so god damn much? :|

I dont need a siggy no moar.

Lol, Goat, I know the maps are crap for sniping, its quite obvious. But there still are some decent spots you can snipe at. Not saying they're good or anything, but they are still decent. I know quite alot of sniping areas now :P

Dont people group alot in hardcore btw?

EDIT:

low lvl to get, nice iron sights and good hipfireing

ray, stop complaning and try hardcore

090828110351.png

090914204824.png

XBL gamertag: SeismicTriangle

EDIT:

STG is better than MP40 in hard core in my opinion. They have the same rate of fire, but STG is more accurate while MP40 does more damage, which doesn't matter much in hard core.

I was

17 KILLS

off of a positive KDR today. Kept getting owned/ripped off majorly (own team stealing most of the kills i had a chance to get, bazooka kept shooting completely off, spawning far away, spawndeaths) and now im down to about 45 to a positive KDR. I might just start a new account on it and use that instead..

No tanks in Wii version, but there's alot of MP40 [bleep]. MP40 is so broken. Its power is so much less than a carbine but you die before you even see the little red dash telling you where you're being shot from.

No tanks in Wii version, but there's alot of MP40 [bleep]. MP40 is so broken. Its power is so much less than a carbine but you die before you even see the little red dash telling you where you're being shot from.

:roll: Seriously, how long will you go on about this? MP40's disadvantage is that it has a low rate of fire. Want to kill someone before you are seen? Use a Thompson. It is so accurate with so little recoil you get your three hits in well under a second if you can hipfire at all. Just because everyone uses an MP40 doesn't mean it is the best. Sure, it is the best for people who spray and pray, but once you're decent at aiming the rest of the SMGs and even the MGs become better for RoF and lack of recoil. Please quit whining. -.-

I shall take my flock underneath my own wing, and kick them right the [bleep] out of the tree. If they were meant to fly, they won't break their necks on the concrete.
So, what is 1.111... equal to?

10/9.

Please don't continue.

wm1c2w.jpg

:roll: Seriously, how long will you go on about caring?

People [bleep] MP40s, it's the only gun I see being used. And yes, they are overpowered. They dont fire slow at all, because if they did, I would see a little red dash somewhere on my screen before I die. Every time I die, I check the little note, and if its not a headshot, there's still no red dash, obviously proving that 3 bullets = a kill.

It's also very overused, and I, if you haven't noticed, I hate things that are overused.

I have every right to say people [bleep] MP40s.

I also have every right to say CoD5 is rigged.

MP40s are definitely overpowered. It has all the advantages of an SMG with the ability to 2-3 shot kill from most ranges. The fire rate is obviously slower than the Thompson or Type 100 but its still fast.

On WAW there is no reason to use any other gun than the MP40 or PTRS41.

I think they are overused, it would be impossible to argue against that, but I don't think they're overpowered. I agree with Goat, I'm starting to like the Thompson better. People just don't know how to beat them (MP40's) and don't feel like trying to beat them. Don't get how the game's rigged, however.

I think they are overused, it would be impossible to argue against that, but I don't think they're overpowered. I agree with Goat, I'm starting to like the Thompson better. People just don't know how to beat them (MP40's) and don't feel like trying to beat them. Don't get how the game's rigged, however.

I used the mp40 when I first started playing, but since then I have moved on to many different weapons since leaving Veteran mode and entering Hardcore. The Stg44 is my personal favorite atm, though I am starting to like the last of the smg's (can't remember the name) as well.

Is double exp gone yet, or is it still going on?

Forum Updates & Suggestions <------ Let your voice be heard!
Forum Games <------- Coolest place on Tip.It
Tip.It Forum Rules <------- Read them!

They are overused because they are overpowered. Ipso facto.

Incorrect. They are overused because it is the easiest gun for noobs to spray and pray with. Most of the players suck, so there are more MP40s than there should be. I don't see many 3+ prestiges using MP40s, at least not as many as the lower levels.

Seriously, how long will you go on about caring?

As long as you whine about this topic.

People [bleep] MP40s, it's the only gun I see being used. And yes, they are overpowered

Only gun? You must be on a different online network. Overpowered? Slightly, but not enough to make it the only good gun.

They dont fire slow at all, because if they did, I would see a little red dash somewhere on my screen before I die. Every time I die, I check the little note, and if its not a headshot, there's still no red dash, obviously proving that 3 bullets = a kill.

Type 100 and Thompson also kill in 3 shots, sometimes 2(and this is without headshot) Believe it or not, the MP40 does the EXACT same damage as the Type 100 and the Thompson. The only difference is that MP40 has more damage at range, but if you have any sense you won't use an SMG for that long of range. The only advantages the MP40 has is that with Dual Mags and no double tap you can fire for about 9 seconds before reloading, making it a spammer weapon. Type 100 and Thompson empty the clip faster, but shoot way faster as well. Every gun has it's good and bad. By the way, the MP40's recoil is nearly that of a browning. Think about that for a minute.

It's also very overused, and I, if you haven't noticed, I hate things that are overused.

I have every right to say people [bleep] MP40s.

That is no reason to hate something. And I have every right to argue with you as long as you keep [bleep]ing about an easy gun to beat.

Also, one more thing. The reason you are killed in .24 seconds is because the person hits you with their first two bullets, instead of spamming bullets before he is on you. People can do the same thing with the Thompson and the Type 100, with less recoil to worry about, in .16 seconds. Just because someone can aim, doesn't mean it is the gun. It just proves that they killed you fast and deserve the kill. Live with it.

I also have every right to say CoD5 is rigged.

We're all playing the same game, it can't be rigged. Treyarch didn't make the game just so everyone would beat Ray. I do wish we could snipe a bit more though.

Thank you for using your brain. For anyone who can actually aim worth a damn, the Thompson/Type have been PROVEN to kill faster. People just can't handle running out of ammo.

I shall take my flock underneath my own wing, and kick them right the [bleep] out of the tree. If they were meant to fly, they won't break their necks on the concrete.

10/9.

Please don't continue.

wm1c2w.jpg

Hey, COD5 players. Tired of so-called "overpowered" weapons? Want a diverse style of play that you might just learn to love? Play Hardcore.

Hell, go on Hardcore for a moment and use the PPSh. Lol, you'll say. Yeah, it's that good. Try any weapon. The switch might just restore your own faith in COD5, and I mean this, if you play more Hardcore. Also, the tanks have appeared to be removed from Hardcore play.

Will anyone please, please, help a fellow Tip.Iter with Burn Em' Out on Veteran???

The best advice I can give is to stay in cover and pop up, then spray and pray. Use grenades, throw grenades back, don't run from them.

You should also have smoke grenade for your special right? Throw those near the enterance and use the flame thrower.

lighviolet1lk4.jpg

Hey, COD5 players. Tired of so-called "overpowered" weapons? Want a diverse style of play that you might just learn to love? Play Hardcore.

Hell, go on Hardcore for a moment and use the PPSh. Lol, you'll say. Yeah, it's that good. Try any weapon. The switch might just restore your own faith in COD5, and I mean this, if you play more Hardcore. Also, the tanks have appeared to be removed from Hardcore play.

Wii has no tanks anyways :P And HC is OK, but I still prefer normal. But no matter what, as long as they are getting killed, people will find ways to complain.

10/9.

Please don't continue.

wm1c2w.jpg

How the hell do you beat guns?! :o

Seriously though.

MP40 = Meta Knight of CoD5.

MP40 = The sawnoff of GTASA.

It's quick - powerful, and easy to aim with, thus quick, powerful AND accurate.

Something the T100 is aswell, but the MP40 somehow clicks better.

So, basically it's overpowered and overused due to the fact.

Tru' dat, bruz.

The problem I have with the MP40 is that it seems to have a lot more recoil. You either have to get them with the first five bullets or waste time getting your aim back while you're spraying, which lets your opponent take a chance at you. Type 100 I like better because it doesn't recoil as much.

With the range argument - If I'm going to SMG-snipe someone, then it's going to be a sniper that I'm doing it on. I just stand still, get my aim, and let off 1 bullet at a time so the recoil can wear off. *Tap*pause*Tap*pause*Tap*Kill. Providing I do it fast enough and accurate enough, I can usually get them unless they flinch fast enough on the second tap to get out of the way.

f475e02ecc.png

don't worry, you are going to "hell" anyway. wanna race to see who gets there first?

Officially reached 100 Combat at 1:33PM EST, June 14, 2007

First Dragon Drop: Dragon Chain (Dust Devils) @ 10:48PM EST, July 14, 2008, lv113 combat

How the hell do you beat guns?! :o

Seriously though.

MP40 = Meta Knight of CoD5.

MP40 = The sawnoff of GTASA.

It's quick - powerful, and easy to aim with, thus quick, powerful AND accurate.

Something the T100 is aswell, but the MP40 somehow clicks better.

So, basically it's overpowered and overused due to the fact.

Tru' dat, bruz.

this.

honestly its the best gun in game, T100 runs outa ammo far quicker, same with tompson, and for me i like mp40s iron sights better

mp-40 is better then the type 100 when your great also, not everyone who uses it sprays and prays.. although i barley use it now because i play hardcore, when i was playing TDM i couldnt ever get more then 45 kills with anything except mp-40, or browning but thats unlocked at 61 so you barley get to use it

anyways,

anyone good with shotguns? trying to get challanges for them done, only used on asylum so far, but any tips/tricks or what perks to use?

090828110351.png

090914204824.png

XBL gamertag: SeismicTriangle