flying, which would you prefer?

jessy87

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I prefer my feet being firmly on the ground, but then again i have a strange fear of heights. I can easily climb a tree and not be affected, but standing on a chair on a huge block and i will start to get faint. So ground wings please

S_I_G.jpg

Those with a little bit of knowledge are more dangerous than those with none.

Wings... They make you look more powerful and the way of flying with wings must me much funnier than just levitating. However, wings of that size would be really unpracticle to have, when you're going through doors, for instance.

Levitating with Superman/Dragon Ball style is my choice, as it's a lot more flexible than usage of wings.

6dv9t4.png

Filesharer.org - Upload your mugshot to support The Pirate Bay!

I choose the Superman levitation style. Wings would just be inconvenient, along with you being affected by the massive size required to generate lift (I mean, bird - 5 lbs...Girl...105 lbs)...Plus, you have to fight the winds, find a suitable landing/takeoff site, figure out a way to wear shirts again (and other...uhh...."support")...Ahh who am I kidding...you have giant like 8 foot (each) wings, who is going to argue with you? Especially if they are Lenin wings (how exactly do you harness Power into a tangible form, that is stable?).

But, then again, there is the issue of flapping the wings and everything tiring you out, plus, anyone ever heard of clipping a bird's wings? All it takes is one pissed off parent or friend to screw you over.

Eh, in any case, Superman style it is.

[hide=Funny Quotes]

So you sucker punched a kid in the back of the head? Good job.
What scares me is that you're like 10 years old.
-.- im not that freaking young
You were a couple years ago.
It's not racist if its true.
Hmm... I wonder how one goes about throwing someone out a window in a mystic fashion :-k

The mental image for that is freaking awesome.

[/hide]

- I dont need to "get a life." I'm a gamer - I have LOTS of lives!

Superman style would be awesome, hahah. Would be nice to go to work and other places just by lifting up and go there.

RSN - Ur Enemy, lvl 120 - Back in action!:)

Oldest rsn: Obu86 lvl 100 :P ~Retired~

RS Since 2001

But, then again, there is the issue of flapping the wings and everything tiring you out, plus, anyone ever heard of clipping a bird's wings? All it takes is one pissed off parent or friend to screw you over.

And that's why they're steel ;)

ANd why does everyone say they'd be inconvenient for walking through doors and such? They would fold in, probably be no wider than you are normally.

whalenuke.png

Command the Murderous Chalices! Drink ye harpooners! drink and swear, ye men that man the deathful whaleboat's bow- Death to Moby Dick!

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE!

angel2w.gif

And who needs clothes to fit your wings?

Screw clothes, if I had huge wings I'd go naked.

lol, I imagine some people would use this to be an imposing force of rape... but whatever.

The guy in X-Men 3 who flies out of the mutant treatment center looks SO HOT. The whole white angel wing thing is the way to go with wings, in my opinion.

If I could fly, I wouldn't be picky about whether it was with wings or not. Flying period would be way cool.

his name is angel, later changed to arch-angel.

he had them folded and strapped with leather, they looked more like a very small back pack the way he had them folded. Which is more conveinent the the big draped down to your feet look.

but, I would totally use those wings like him Jump out of/off buildings.

Regular levitate flying. Unless Superman doesn't require you to hold your arms out.

But if I could glide and such I'd go for the wings. Huge, feathered, white wings. Think X-men Angel.

super man does not have to hold his arms off, even if he did. that shouldnt be a huge problem.

but, alot of times he can be depicted as levitating without it. Such as one of the super man movies he lifts louis up without her noticing. In smallville he wakes up flying a few times.

aww, accidental double post.

And why does everyone say they'd be inconvenient for walking through doors and such? They would fold in, probably be no wider than you are normally.

O rly?

Where do we draw the line for this? Getting wings or the ability to levitate is without doubt beyond reality, but shall these wings have power in themselves(Wings that can be folded together and pretend to not be there will not be able to lift a human body in the World as we know it)?

6dv9t4.png

Removable wings. There. When you want to fly, you stick them on, when you don't, you take them off. Simple.

I would still choose permanent wings over levitation though.

doublesmileyface1.png

Cenin pân nîd, istan pân nîd, dan nin ú-cenich, nin ú-istach.

Ithil luin eria vi menel caran...Tîn dan delu.

And why does everyone say they'd be inconvenient for walking through doors and such? They would fold in, probably be no wider than you are normally.

O rly?

Where do we draw the line for this? Getting wings or the ability to levitate is without doubt beyond reality, but shall these wings have power in themselves(Wings that can be folded together and pretend to not be there will not be able to lift a human body in the World as we know it)?

....What? No, I'm saying they would fold inward, you know, contract. Not vanish entirely. Ever see a bird land? They don't keep their wings spread. They tuck them in. Bats, too. Or a better example, seeing as the wings would be in the same place, is a dragon. The wings fold in to keep out of the way of normal activity. Same idea here.

whalenuke.png

Command the Murderous Chalices! Drink ye harpooners! drink and swear, ye men that man the deathful whaleboat's bow- Death to Moby Dick!

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE!

angel2w.gif

Definitely levitation.

When I want to seem intimidating, I'd arrange my body in such a way that when I go fast enough to produce heat, huge orange arcs would flare off of my shoulders.

Fiery wings. Sweet.

But I don't want to go among mad people!

Oh, you can't help that. We're all mad here..."

I would want wings, but I'm probably gonna go off of the whole "angel" wing track and go with iridescent black fairy wings. I think those look really cool.

About the hiding of wings: Ever seen the movie Michael? Or better still, Dogma? Trenchcoats ftw ^_^

Also, another thing is the removable wings. I've seen a video game that's used something similar to that called a winglet. It was in the GCN game Baten Kaitos.

Superman style would be so much more convenient and less conspicuous, in terms of not having wings sticking off your back. Think of all the fun you could have, just randomly taking off and what not.

Wings, because they are so much more cool, and give an awesome factor that simple levitation is not capable of.

2w3uule.png

2w726iv.png

you know there is a place called outside, better graphics 100% pvp and no fee to play :-w

Neither, Wings sound too troublesome and Superman flying is not fun.

What I personally love is to fly with the help of a glider (Like in Avatar), I'd put it on my back, jump and be soaring, now thats cool.

Its highly impossible, but when I experienced that during dreaming, it was so cool.

00:00:05

00:00:04

00:00:03

00:00:02

00:00:01

00:00:00

Break the Walls down!

....What? No, I'm saying they would fold inward, you know, contract. Not vanish entirely. Ever see a bird land? They don't keep their wings spread. They tuck them in. Bats, too. Or a better example, seeing as the wings would be in the same place, is a dragon. The wings fold in to keep out of the way of normal activity. Same idea here.

Sadly, a human is not a bird or a bat. Those creatures are natural flyers, and have bodies constructed so that their wings can be folded in. A human is not a natural flyer, so we would need much bigger wings to fly, and those wings would not be folded in that easily. Look at this dragon, for instance:

[hide=Look! A big image of a dragon!]Black_Dragon.jpg[/hide]

Now, would these wings be able to carry a dragon? If you ask me, I wouldn't say that looks likely, and still, the dragon can't fold the wings entirely.

A better example? :oops: OK...

The white-tailed eagle has a wingspan of about 200 cm, and a weight of about 5 kg. If we now use very rough mathematics, and look away from the fact that there are probably other factors that are important, a person with the weight of 70 kg would need a wingspan of 28 metres, that's 14 metres(about 45 feet) per wing, and not too easy to fold. And let's not forget the height of these wings, we will probably have a few meters there too. This is not really accurate, but I hope you get the idea.

6dv9t4.png