Obesity and Airlines

Cup Lion

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

-sigh- everything just goes right through.i can eat a whole meal for a family of 5 and still not gain weight.in 2 years ive gained like 5 pounds.and thats only cuz i ate kfc every week

lol, I am growing, yet am loosing weight :-s lost like 5 kilos in 2 years, and I eat so much mum says I'll have to get a job to pay for the amount I eat soon -.- so I am hoping she is joking

Steam | PM me for BBM PIN

Nine naked men is a technological achievement. Quote of 2013.

PCGamingWiki - Let's fix PC gaming!

-sigh- everything just goes right through.i can eat a whole meal for a family of 5 and still not gain weight.in 2 years ive gained like 5 pounds.and thats only cuz i ate kfc every week

lol, I am growing, yet am loosing weight :-s lost like 5 kilos in 2 years, and I eat so much mum says I'll have to get a job to pay for the amount I eat soon -.- so I am hoping she is joking

Heh me too I just vacuum everything we have :thumbsup:

To the guy that eats nothing but crap, you are stupid. Just because you aren't fat doesn't mean you are fit There is probably 50 pounds of cholesterol lining your arteries right now if you really eat the way you say you do. I suggest replacing the crap you eat with leafy greens and protein. Vegetables do more than you would think ;)

What about weight issues for the aircraft?

Im 104kg yet it's the fat person who gets charged extra even tho they may weigh less.

~Dan64Au

Since 27 Aug 2002

tbh, fat people should look at this and start getting motivation to lose weight. losing weight also means going green. 60% of america is overweight. it's time we do something on it and penalize those who have no reason to stay fat

60%? The toll doesn't even pass 30%... :wall:

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

Society should take a stand somewhere. The more we cater to the needs of obese people, the more they feel comfortable being fat and the less incentive they have to lose the weight.

Apart from that the airlines can charge money for their service however they want. Obviously charging per seat is the logical way to go because it covers cases like this with no loss of coin for the company.

While that is true, and we should take a stand, what about the argument, that it is their body, and if they want to stay overweight, then so be it, and we shouldn't interfere. But, eh.

I have all the 99s, and have been playing since 2001. Comped 4/30/15 

My Araxxi Kills: 459::Araxxi Drops(KC):

Araxxi Hilts: 4x Eye (14/126/149/459), Web - (100) Fang (193)

Araxxi Legs Completed: 5 ---Top (69/206/234/292/361), Middle (163/176/278/343/395), Bottom (135/256/350/359/397)
Boss Pets: Supreme - 848 KC

If you play Xbox One - Add me! GT: Urtehnoes - Currently on a Destiny binge 

Oh no, you said the "F-word"! :o It's called "horizontally challenged", if you say "Fat" someone might be offended! :roll:

Say it all you like, political correctness is not part of TIF. :thumbup:

Horizontally challenged? You bigot. How dare you use a term with such negative connotations.

They are simply nutritional overachievers.

If someone is indeed a "nutritional overachiever", they would be overly nutritious, not obese.

Also, I've flown Southwest before, and their seats are definitely wide, so I think their case is justifiable seeing that it would take a very big person to take up two seats.

what about the argument, that it is their body, and if they want to stay overweight, then so be it, and we shouldn't interfere. But, eh.

It's my tax dollars that pay to fix health issues.

It's the companies air craft why should they foot the bill to accomodate someone who eats like a pig?

~Dan64Au

Since 27 Aug 2002

I actually completely agree with the Airlines taking this kind of action. I recently returned to University after my holiday break had finished and had to pay an extra $20 because I was around 2kg over the baggage limit (which I was fairly annoyed about). What annoyed me even more was the guy infront of me would have weighed over 160kg (whereas I weigh around 70) and would have taken up more than one seat and he was allowed away without a fine and I had to pay for having a total weight of around 95kgs (Including hand luggage).

I believe obese people should have to pay for more than one seat if they require it and possibly the Airlines should implement some kind of system where total weight is calculated and not just luggage weight (I know that this is bias but it's just rather annoying when someone whos total weight is 80kg more than yours and you have to pay for being overweight :S)

You don't have to be over weight to be 90kg+

People who are obese CAN do something about it people who are just heavy cannot.

90kg is a fairly avarage weight for a Male these days I know plenty of people who are over 100kg myself included. Being 104kg has some disadvantages especially if your climbing over something (for obvious reasons).

I don't think a persons weight is a fair way of measuring what they should be charged, body fat and luggage weight is much more fair because its something they do have control over.

On a side note I HATE people who put luggege in the overhead compartment, why the hell is it not in the cargo hold? Airlines should make a policy where people with hand luggage can leave first because I hate waiting for idiots to get organised with their shoes and the "OH crap, I left things on my seat", honestly it's like they are taken by surprise when they are told they can leave the aircraft I'm ready before the aircraft turns on final I'd be at the door before landing if they'd let me.

~Dan64Au

Since 27 Aug 2002

Being part of an odd number of children in the family one us always has to sit next to a total stranger when we fly anywhere and in the last three or so years it always seems to be a fat person. It makes you so uncomfortable having to be on the edge of your seat. I think if someone is going to take up more than their allocated seat they need to pay. Why should my entire trip be made to feel uncomfortable just because someone is taking up the space that has been paid for for my use.

I totally agree with this policy.

Why should my entire trip be made to feel uncomfortable just because someone is taking up the space that has been paid for for my use.

The same rule should also apply to people who don't wash, they should have to buy an empty seat between me and them.

~Dan64Au

Since 27 Aug 2002