July 1st - Jagex Raises Prices

Made0f12une

It seems mostly everyone over looked this update in excitement of the new detail mode.

For new subscribers becoming members on or after the 4th August, the monthly cost for a RuneScape subscription will increase 30p in the UK, $0.95 in the US and by similar amounts in other currencies. These are examples of the credit card prices - all other payment types will be increasing by a similar margin. If you are an existing member, or you subscribe before the 4th August, this price change will not affect you, as long as you keep your membership valid.

If you are an existing member and you allow your membership to lapse for more than two weeks (after the 4th of August), you will be charged the new rate when you re-subscribe.

RuneScape subscription costs have not changed since RuneScape memberships started in 2002, over 6 years ago! Inflation and exchange rates mean we are having to adjust our prices slightly.

made0f12une.png

^^ClicK^^

"I backed my car into a cop car the other day

Well he just drove off sometimes life's ok

Alright already we'll all float on

Alright don't worry we'll all float on" - Isaac Brock

Days Hunting:4 - Kingly Imps Caught:2

Money Earned: 4.5-5m

it's erm....30p... Basically a 9% price increase, they could have charged double.

Anyway it says if your already a member it wont go up for you, for how long i am not sure but still it's nice to treat loyal customers well.

So an extra £3.60 a year.... shocking, when you pay what £10.00 a month for WoW.

Or a roughly $11.00 increase a year, again i'm sure you can go without two mcdonalds meals a year.

If you have a part time job it's hardly an increase. I mean i'll use me an as example. I'm working at a supermarket at the weekends and i earn £4.80 an hour. I work 1-5:30pm and 12-4:30pm. So i earn around £40 a wheel. I really don't think 30p more a month is going to kill me or anyone else for that matter.

cakesncats056-1.jpg

Right, I cancelled my subscription through my Dad's card and started paying through my mobile (which is more) and I still get penalised? That is a load of bull, why should someone that pays via credit card not be affected by price changes? It can't be a loyalty thing because I've been paying via mobile for over a year. :?

I think if I read correctly, if you are paying through credit card right now and you do not cancel you do not get the extra fee added on until your subscription is canceled and renewed is that correct?

Although I don't think it's worth the extra $1.00 dollar I'm glad it's only that much of an increase, they could have made it a lot worse if they wanted.

xxteargodxx.png

As long as you've subscribed before the update, and you're remaining a member, this update won't affect you. No problems for me :thumbsup:

dirk4slayer.png

Chuck Norris doesn't ever need a compass; he randomly points somewhere and north goes there in order not to anger him.

Right, I cancelled my subscription through my Dad's card and started paying through my mobile (which is more) and I still get penalised? That is a load of bull, why should someone that pays via credit card not be affected by price changes? It can't be a loyalty thing because I've been paying via mobile for over a year. :?

A. All subscription prices are going to be affected

B. Since you're already subscribed (or subscribe before the 4th of August) Rates won't go up for you.

Don't sweat it mate :thumbup:

made0f12une.png

^^ClicK^^

i think they also have a point about inflation in general. I mean i doubt the company uses tons of petrol but energy bills in England have gone up 20% from last year and are predicted to increase by another 20% by this time next year. So really a 30p increase( 9%) isn't too bad.

cakesncats056-1.jpg

B. Since you're already subscribed (or subscribe before the 4th of August) Rates won't go up for you.

Hmm ok I think I get it, as long as my subscription doesn't run out and I keep it updated the price shouldn't go up? :)

Hmm ok I think I get it, as long as my subscription doesn't run out and I keep it updated the price shouldn't go up? :)

You sir are correct ;)

made0f12une.png

^^ClicK^^

1. If you're currently a member, or become a member before August 4, and never let your subscription lapse for more than 2 weeks the price changes will not affect you.

2. Given inflation and the crappy dollar they have every right to do this anyways.

In other words, nothing to worry about. :P

at first when i saw the news page i got scared because i reasoned that they would have actually raised the price. then i actually saw what they were saying and i laughed. thats like not buying a coke. seriously how much do you spend each day for lunch? I know i spend around 20ish every day but i could cut that in half and not even really notice.

Americans love to fight. All real Americans love the sting of battle.

George S. Patton

1242631666.png

How typical of Jagex to bundle it with a major positive update. Oh well the part that about existing subscribers not being affected made me laugh as it's just a scheme to get people to keep their membership uninterrupted. Otherwise it's very reasonable for a small gaming company to be affected by the rise of petroleum prices. Mostly it's just bandwidth (update increased it 7x by what i red) + yea inflation or something of similar nature.

Hmm, i thuoght some like this was going to happen. Not that much of a increase though. Should not be to much of a problem.

-Haseo

35bvvh1.png

[hide=Quotes]

Albel/Justin

Albel doesn't say anything anymore, just comes in, leaves an arrow and vanishes into the night :(Probably
practising some euphonium

You nearly had me fooled, you fooler you

Euphonium/10.

9/10. To me, always associate Albel with musical stuff in OT.

Everyone with a goatee and glasses is Albel now.

lmfao albel m8 wat r u doin, hi though.

[/hide]

[hide=Runescape Achievements]99 firemaking(2007), 99 woodcutting(2008), 99 fletching(2009), 99 magic(2010), 99 cooking(2010), 99 farming(2011), 99 construction(2011), 99 runecrafting(2012), 99 Hunter (2014),  99 ranged (2015), 99 HP (2015), 99 Slayer (2015), 99 attack (2015) 99 Defense (2015) 99 Prayer (2015) 99 Summoning (2015) 99 Strength(2015) 99 Herblore (2015) 99 Dungeoneering (2017)  99 Mining (2017) 99 Crafting (2017) 99 Smithing (2017) 99 Thieving (2017)  99 invention (2017) 99 Fishing (2018), 99 Divination (2018), 99 Agility (2018), MAXED (05/17/2018)[/hide]

I'm surprised they didn't do this sooner, honestly, and I'm surprised that it's only $.95. I was paying more than $6 anyway before I got my debit card, so I don't really care much.

ooo i'm just going to stay subscribed as long as possible so I wil be paying less. :mrgreen:

Same, gives more incentive to keep subscribing 8-)

made0f12une.png

^^ClicK^^