July 1st - Jagex Raises Prices

Made0f12une

they better fix the graphics problems if they want people to shell out more cash

I don't mind paying more anyway. £3.20 seemed ridiculously cheap. One penny extra a day won't exactly kill me... :roll:

Alternatively, they could not have updated the graphics at all, so there'd be no problems, and still have demanded 30p more. Would that be more preferable to you?

I do have a remark on this.

They say that they did not raise the price for the last 5 years.

However, for subscribers in Belgium, prices used to be in dollars until I recently renewed and they changed it in euros.

I get the feeling they just chose the strongest currency of the moment.

Now for some numbers: I used to pay 4.8 euros a month for a 3- month subscription.

My last payment I payed 6+ euros a month for a 6- month subscription.

Now they are going to add another euro?

Otherwise it's very reasonable for a small gaming company to be affected by the rise of petroleum prices.
lol "small gaming company" if jagex is small whats big? :roll:

Nagrom_17.png

Doing random stuff on runescape. Always happy to have a random conversation, just pm me.

It looks like a puke covered dragon face that is screaming
Thanks Unoalexi for my awesome avatar!

they better fix the graphics problems if they want people to shell out more cash

I don't mind paying more anyway. £3.20 seemed ridiculously cheap. One penny extra a day won't exactly kill me... :roll:

Alternatively, they could not have updated the graphics at all, so there'd be no problems, and still have demanded 30p more. Would that be more preferable to you?

That's a good way to put it, totally summed up my opinion on it. :P

Follow me on Twitter!

FORGET NOT THE CHICKEN.

gravy.png

I have no intrest in helping "keyers" farm xp.

However, for subscribers in Belgium, prices used to be in dollars until I recently renewed and they changed it in euros.

Now for some numbers: I used to pay 4.8 euros a month for a 3- month subscription.

A whole nother euro? Oh to the mighty heavens let this not be true :pray:

It's a 9% increase, as stated before, you could be paying double.

made0f12une.png

^^ClicK^^

"I backed my car into a cop car the other day

Well he just drove off sometimes life's ok

Alright already we'll all float on

Alright don't worry we'll all float on" - Isaac Brock

Days Hunting:4 - Kingly Imps Caught:2

Money Earned: 4.5-5m

So now it's cheaper to stay a member as opposed to quitting for a month or two. Sneaky huh?

I always saw it as inevitable and i'm pleased it's only 30p more.

edtheripperpixelsigv2zy8.png

Thanks to Jopie for this great signature.

99 Slayer|Fishing|Summoning|Hitpoints|Attack|Strength|Defence|Fletching.

Anyone at Manchester University PM me

The price has gone up way under inflation. Even after this price rise, they're still making less per head than they were when they first introduced members. It's a fair raise to be honest, and they chose a good time to implement it. Doubt it would have gone down so well in Dec/Jan :P

red-mask-sig.gif?t=1238621802

MSSW4Banner.gif

ooo i'm just going to stay subscribed as long as possible so I wil be paying less. :mrgreen:
Yah! give them money every month that will teach them! I actually think they want people to think they have to pay EVERY month at risk of paying more when they subscribe again. It's a smart plan because people would be less likely to cancel their memberships and take a break for a month or 2.

Edit: And if someone takes a break they sometimes find other interest (sports, other games ext) and may never come back. It is a good way to keep paying customers loyal to them.

deathnotesignature.png

A whole nother euro? Oh to the mighty heavens let this not be true :pray:

It's a 9% increase, as stated before, you could be paying double.

In 3 months I pay over 50% more. I do think that's alot

Why is everyone complaining about an increase of a looney? Surely you or your parents can pay another measily 1$. I have a a job doing repairs with my dad making 350$ a week, and I don't even notice when I spend hundreds of dollars on Guitar Hero or order-out. It's like what, 6$ for Runescape now? At minimum wage you make a whole tooney more than that in an hour.

Surely everyone on the planet that can afford a computer and play Runescape inside of a nice home has a spare a looney...heck, you can find them on the ground.

Not that much. I wonder if I give them some BS story about how I was away and couldnt play and thats why I couldnt update my member subscription that they will give me the original price. Im probably not gonna try but I wonder if it will work.

122 Combat : 99 Hits : 99 Attack : 99 Strength

97/99 Defence : 99 Fletching : 99 Woodcutting

Not that much. I wonder if I give them some BS story about how I was away and couldnt play and thats why I couldnt update my member subscription that they will give me the original price. Im probably not gonna try but I wonder if it will work.

That prolly would work as they dont really care about what people tell me, its probably just like when you get banned they wont hear any of your excuses....

Anyways Im glad its not going up for me, and it really isnt that bad. -.-

----Hoping to get 94 mage soon!!!-----

add me : tantrum2525 (send me a message saying you're from tif)

I'm irked by this, as I've only been a member a total of 5-6 months, but have been registered with RuneScape since 2006. I do not pay constantly, as my parents insist on taking breaks for school. Because apparently, A's and B's mean I'm not "concentrating."

/rant

It may be time to talk to a new bank...

(ps. I'm nearly 18, so I'm not just being rebellious.)

First skill to 70...

zaybex.png