RuneScape Predator Caught

Da Pirates

Well, I did a search and didn't find a thread on the same subject so I figured I'd post it.

http://news10now.com/content/all_news/3 ... fault.aspx

POTSDAM, N.Y. -- Police say what began as a friendship through an online game turned into an inappropriate relationship between a 13-year-old Potsdam boy and a 22-year-old California woman.

Kathryn Brauch was arrested in Potsdam on Wednesday after police say she flew to the area to have sex with the boy.

"They had conversed over the internet, and eventually disclosed their age and names to each other and developed a relationship, and eventually traveled to Potsdam to meet the juvenile," said Officer Mark R. Murray, of the Potsdam Police Department.

Police say the two met on the online game RuneScape, an interactive game which lets you chat with other players.

Brauch was charged with second degree rape, disseminating indecent material to minors and a second degree criminal sexual act.

Police believe she's been in the area for more than two weeks, staying with the boy and his mother. The mother was also charged with a crime.

"She was arrested for endangering the welfare of a child for her role in permitting or being aware of some of the relations that were occurring," said Officer Murray.

Brauch and the victim not only met over the computer, but they also sent inappropriate sexual photos using a cell phone.

Police say this is just another example of the dangers that come with technology.

"It's definitely a wake-up call for all parents for children that have access to a computer, the internet and cell phones," said Officer Murray. "This is an extreme example, but it should raise your eyebrows and make you aware if what you need to be looking for."

Officer Murray says he's seeing more and more technology-related crimes, and offers his advice to parents.

"Monitor what your children are doing, who they're talking to, what programs and games they're playing, as well as who they're calling on their cell phones," Murray said.

I know this is related to Runescape, but it is more towards real life so I figure i'd put it here than on the RS discussion forums at the top of the index.

Discuss.

BR BR BR? HUEHUEHEUEHUE

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Police believe she's been in the area for more than two weeks, staying with the boy and his mother. The mother was also charged with a crime.

"She was arrested for endangering the welfare of a child for her role in permitting or being aware of some of the relations that were occurring," said Officer Murray.

:lol: :lol: The mother agreed to it as well! Oh that's priceless. That kid must have loved his mother.

It's kindof disgusting (maybe if he was 16 or so it wouldn't be as bad), but this thing doesn't surprise me. After watching all of the "To Catch a Predator" shows on Dateline, it's not really interesting or shocking anymore. It happens, a lot, nothing I can do about it (or rather I don't care enough to do anything about it). Doesn't seem like anyone was harmed in the process.

Although, this is one of the few cases I've heard of it being a woman coming after a teen boy. Normally the story is older guy goes after underage girl (or underage boy, as the case may be), so that's about the only thing that grabbed my attention, aside from the mom part.

[hide=Funny Quotes]

So you sucker punched a kid in the back of the head? Good job.
What scares me is that you're like 10 years old.
-.- im not that freaking young
You were a couple years ago.
It's not racist if its true.
Hmm... I wonder how one goes about throwing someone out a window in a mystic fashion :-k

The mental image for that is freaking awesome.

[/hide]

- I dont need to "get a life." I'm a gamer - I have LOTS of lives!

I'm not attacking the parents, but it's their job (and school etc) to teach kids that they can't just give out personal information freely.

My mum gets worried when I tell her about some friends I know in Australia, having never met them face to face, but I know that they are genuine, because I just know.

It's easy to tell if someone is trying to groom you.

Oh god I have to link to this-

It's the Brass Eye Paedophile Special, absolute comic genius in its purest form.

[hide=Paedogedden]y7jVnrfoZD8

UcnQDYnGtS8

fA07Tw4iEFw [/hide]

spacescenev24.jpg

I would understand if it was like a 45 year old man and like a 12 year old girl, but it was a 22 year old woman. Is there any pictures of the woman in questioning?

EDIT: Ugh. Saw a picture. NVM :? Lock her up.

Foogey.png

I <3 Gears of War 2.

Add me on Xbox Live and mention you are from Tif :D

Wow, three idiots in one place. The parents are going to be up in arms against Runescape. My point is, in situations like this, people always blame the mode of communication. People just don't undestand that it's the kids fault for giving out information that freely. 10 years from now he'll likely announce his bank pin to random people in a bad neighborhood.

LOTRjokesigedition-1.png

Get back here so I can rub your butt.

Pyromancer, where the hell did you find that? I didn't know people posted creative and funny videos on YT anymore.

[hide=Funny Quotes]

So you sucker punched a kid in the back of the head? Good job.
What scares me is that you're like 10 years old.
-.- im not that freaking young
You were a couple years ago.
It's not racist if its true.
Hmm... I wonder how one goes about throwing someone out a window in a mystic fashion :-k

The mental image for that is freaking awesome.

[/hide]

- I dont need to "get a life." I'm a gamer - I have LOTS of lives!

Lol this was a British TV show that ran a few years back.

Chris Morris, the main guy, is an absolute comic genious.

The celebrities actually think the things they are talking about are genuine.

How stupid can you be, suggestible keyboards smells. :wall:

spacescenev24.jpg

I would understand if it was like a 45 year old man and like a 12 year old girl, but it was a 22 year old woman. Is there any pictures of the woman in questioning?

EDIT: Ugh. Saw a picture. NVM :? Lock her up.

That was harsh, but still, :lol:

I remember this article.

Don't you know the first rule of MMO's? Anyone higher level than you has no life, and anyone lower than you is a noob.

People in OT eat glass when they are bored.

Am I the only one who thinks: what 22 year old woman wants to be with a 13 year old boy? One of the good things in turning 20 is that you don't have to deal anymore with inexperienced teenagers.

Am I the only one who thinks: what 22 year old woman wants to be with a 13 year old boy? One of the good things in turning 20 is that you don't have to deal anymore with inexperienced teenagers.

Well, it could depend on what attracts them.

Since this started over the internet, I'd say personality.

For all we know, this kid lied about his age (at first). Though when and if she found out, she should have put a stop to it.

But then again, he could have told the truth about his age, and she couldn't care.

Then again, she could be a predator, however the whole thing that she actually met the mother and never abducted him (though that could have been her intention), showed that the boy was willing, (read the innappropiate pictures part), or just completely stupid.

From my point of veiw, all parties are to blame.

swordfinalqr7.jpg

Denizen of Darkness| PSN= sworddude198

I coulda sworn I read this before... how old is it?

anyway, I think the mother is the biggest idiot in this story. she let the woman stay in her house? Is she one of those parents who dreams of one day watching their son get laid?

[hide=]

tip it would pay me $500.00 to keep my clothes ON :( :lol:
But then again, you fail to realize that 101% of the people in this universe hate you. Yes, humankind's hatred against you goes beyond mathematical possibilities.
That tears it. I'm starting an animal rebellion using my mind powers. Those PETA bastards will never see it coming until the porcupines are half way up their asses.
[/hide]

montageo.png

Apparently a lot of people say it. I own.

http://linkagg.com/ Not my site, but a simple, budding site that links often unheard-of websites that are amazing for usefulness and fun.

Haha that video is awesome. :D

As if they don't feel bad being shown to be a nonse on national TV and then BAM, policeman with guns in their faces arresting them. Unlucky!

I wish we had TV shows like that in the UK, its so good. I love how casual that guy acts when he confronts them aswell. It's ace. :mrgreen:

iteme3721.jpg