Is this lag... permanent?

All_Is_Great

Hi, ever since the new graphics update (from which i expected more, but thats another story), I've been expriencing lag on BOTH details, although to a lesser extent on low detail.

However, not only lag, I've noticed the loading time when you tele/walk to a new area/etc. have increased. By that i mean the little box that says: Loading - please wait (___&) takes longer to get to 100%. This could be a big problem for those using teleports to train mage (which is a very good way for people who dont have 55 mage), because they would be waiting for that to load everytime they tele, or it could just be very annoying in our normal game-play.

I also have another question, is anybody else experiencing this? Or is it just me?

Staurolite.png

I run 100% smooth on the lower details and lag in crowded areas with hd.

When you tele to the same location over and over, you only move over a few squares so i doubt you will have to load from 0 every time you teleport to the same place. :-k

It's like when you play RuneScape at a library/school (don't lol) and any other place where it's never been ran before. You need to download the game, and it will cache the game, meaning it stores some things on your PC.

Considering this is brand new to everyone, it need to cache again to everybody. So after you play pretty often, the lag will go down because it will have cached what it needs.

Jmclark911.png

Jmclark911.png

I see, but will the loading time also go down? Because it is very annoying to wait 15 seconds before moving on to the next screen...

Also, this safe mode, I can't find it, lol. :oops:

Staurolite.png

I see, but will the loading time also go down? Because it is very annoying to wait 15 seconds before moving on to the next screen...

Also, this safe mode, I can't find it, lol. :oops:

Yes, the loading will go down. The graphics and such will be cached so it will not have to download them.

And for safe mode.. when you go to select detail there is a checkbox below the 2 options that says Safe Mode.

Jmclark911.png

Jmclark911.png

lag free since day 1 :-w

Ftw. Running max everything on full screen in crowded places with no problem. 8-)

Probably just your computer/connection.

A_Punk.png

Thanks to all those who have messaged me concerning a revamp of my Range-Slayer guide. Because of you all I will start rewriting it asap.[/color]

Formerly RobinHoodie.

Took me 1 hour to tele from Lumby to Varrock to Cammy to Ardy and then to rub duel ring to duel arena! Lag FTL :( I know that when I want to tele back to these spots that it will be lag free, but the time it takes to cache all these new maps is downright stupendous!

Are you always going to the same world? I know it was lagging for me on 111, even though I'm Aussie. Then I switched to a world it recommended (45) and it's perfect now.

Not the best solution but a simple world switch worked for me lol

How many runescape players does it take to change a lightbulb?

1 to change the bulb and the other 49 to complain about how it was better before.

THE MODS THERE ARE COMPLETE AND UTTER IDIOTS!

So why are you here?

Are you always going to the same world? I know it was lagging for me on 111, even though I'm Aussie. Then I switched to a world it recommended (45) and it's perfect now.

Not the best solution but a simple world switch worked for me lol

I am on 64 all the time, except when playing puro puro. Sometimes 99, but I tried most of the other worlds, and 64-66 works best :wall:

Staurolite.png

lag free since day 1 :-w

Ftw. Running max everything on full screen in crowded places with no problem. 8-)

Probably just your computer/connection.

Same for me. Loading times are just as fast as ever, and honestly, the game seems to run allot smoother.

Stellactic.gif

Well when I was playing it a little while ago, my gameplay seemed fine. I was worried from all this talk about lag, but it ran smoothly for me. All at the highest settings. ::'

(and that was with a 17% connection to my internet)

I am nice. . .

I have been trying to discover this lag. I have maxed EVERYTHING including the anti-aliasing to 4x (maximum), and all I can get is a slit stutter everyonce in a while when the frame rate drops momentarily. I am using a graphics card that was designed to play HD movies, not render games (though it can do any mid range game fine). I am connected using a sub par connection by the tech board standards, and I know by running a download that my connection is about 100 kb/s from disconecting HD full screen. Maybe its the canadian servers that just work awsome :thumbsup: cause there is no reason I should not be suffering some lag. Actualy, my lag is decreasing, probably because of teh more efficent streaming they seem to use for the new mode. HD seems to lag much less than normal mode right now.

I remember it lagging bad.. then i looked @ the cache files.. 71 megs .. and i bet all loading durring the worst of that first day..

since then its been good

mementh.jpeg

The following statement is true. The previous statement is false. 60% of all statistics are made up 90% of the time

andrew i love you & want you to have my babys!!! <3:

Finally, I get to save the Earth with deadly lasers instead of deadly slide shows!