LOCK PLEASE!@@@@@

I was reading the RSOF a while back, and was reading the thread on skill suggestions. One of the mods really liked the idea of a skill having to do with water. I think There was scuba diving, Pirating or sailing. So this could be something to look at. You can go to RSOF and see for yourself. :thumbsup:

Ps. if you watch the New Runescape trailer, you get a glimpse of what appears to be an underwater scene. Any relation? :ugeek:

25632.jpg

Magma_Guard3.png

runescapeboomdeyadasigui7.jpg

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Seems like a fake, but it could be real. I mean, the top of the page has the guy in the Skill Cape riding a BOAT. Coincidence? Maybe. New idea towards the next skill. I bet! Maybe it will let us ride that boat you see north of The Digsite to the island!

29y32nr.png

Rarest Drop: Obsidian Cape x3, TzHaar-Ket/Xil

Seems like a fake, but it could be real. I mean, the top of the page has the guy in the Skill Cape riding a BOAT. Coincidence? Maybe. New idea towards the next skill. I bet! Maybe it will let us ride that boat you see north of The Digsite to the island!

What dont you get?

THE SKILLS PAGE WAS EDITED!

Look at my example above!?

blood_argon.gif

99 Crafting :: 39,750th || 99 Attack :: 1,775th

Hmm, someone mentioned pirating, and this isn't the right time Jagex have released "pirate" quests etc, hell they all where like "PIRATING" when the quests came out, maybe that's something to look into...

hmm...how can we possibly train a skill like 'sailing'? thousands of useless trips on the sea.. nty

Next time on Deadliest catch, we will wander around uselessly on the Bering sea. Jonathan: Screw kingcrab, we've got sailing 99!

There's an Iceberg right ahead sir! "Don't worry, Ive got a high enough sailing skill to bypass that"

I think we will need a bigger boat "Already done, stop being so slow, that shark is mine!"

You go ahead and make your usefull fires on the ground, while I pound my useless frigate into the oceans. Hyjacking peoples sailing boats, and drowning them relentlessly, YI HAW!!

No seriously, to all the people that can't see sailing become a fun skill, look beyond the box, into the big big outdoors. Seriously, the horizon is the limit! Anything could be more usefull then planting fires on the ground, smashing your pickaxe on a rock, or slashing through a willow tree.

And to all those other ranters claiming that Jagex can't think of any better skills. Go ahead and make my day, post some of your idea's. Ill be waiting.

reaper6zr7.png

Interrested in joining the cabbagy madness? Click here to go to our forums, and say hi ^^

lol one of the biggest pvp updates of the year, and tip it is discussing granite

If this is true, it'll probably be abit like hunter - made to update existing skills. E.g.,

-Fishing - Fish from your boat

-Construction - Make your boat a home

-Defence - Pirating

For hunter, theres fishing, ranged, etc.

Jcfc.jpeg

Thanks everybody for the sigs | 3,956 to 99 fishing | King of BsK 18/09/08 - 18/10/08

Chelsea Supporter | CD Supporter | AfterShock Member

Xbox LIVE Gamertag: Cotton Traders

Now what the hell are you waitin' for? After me, there shall be no more, so for one last time, make some noise.

If this is true, it'll probably be abit like hunter - made to update existing skills. E.g.,

-Fishing - Fish from your boat

-Construction - Make your boat a home

-Defence - Pirating

For hunter, theres fishing, ranged, etc.

Defence? More like attack :P And ranged (cannonballs)

I have no idea how sailing would be used other than maybe a new "PvP" mini-game. Like pirates and etc.

:?:

EDIT - That is, if it's real. :shame:

Courage, My Shield. Justice, My Weapon.

that looks pretty legit to me. but like how would the skill work? the reasoning behind his blief is actually pretty nice, wut with kudos and digsite island and w/e. but what would sailing do? save 30gp everytime you go 2 karamja? rs probably isnt going to add many new sections (like islands) to explore or something, cuz that has no real purpose. just sail to an island and then what? and how would you level it up? i laugh at the thought of thousands of people sailing abck and from port sarim to karamja all day to get exp. i mean, its a nice idea, but whats the point?

modmarkl.jpg
~ 3,072nd to 99 Mining on August 30th, 2009 ~
~ 112,084th to 99 Magic on April 16th, 2011 ~

~ 131,681st to 99 Crafting on March 29, 2019 ~

~ 178,385th to 99 Prayer on April 2, 2019 ~

~ 234,921st to 99 Defence on May 9, 2019 ~

~ 173,480th to 99 Herblore on June 21, 2019 ~

~ 155,160th to 99 Smithing on July 16, 2019 ~

This was a thread to disscuss the fact that ALOT of people (check the rsof) have seen this. We all know jagex is ALWAYS thinking of a new skills and 9 times outa 10 there will alwasy be the people who dont like the idea so have to find negitive things to fall back on. I personaly think that this is real as the image was only on the highscores for like 10 mins of new Hd. And we have all seen misstakes from jaGex befor.

Think of the hunter skill we diddnt have alot of pre-knowlage of the skill being released untill the BTS and that was 5-6 months after construction. So all im saying is think about it dont be soo pre-judgmental over it.

koolcookie0.png

Goals: 15m Slayer xp | 85 Herblore | 75+ All Stats | Chaotic Rapier | 125k/200k Tokens

I couldnt think of a more pointless skill other than Sailing.. Anyways, even if it was real I won't have my hopes up.

But seriously, whats the point of a sailing skill.. I'm not being negative about the possible skill, its just that this skill could'nt be more boring to me (Thats my opinion, Im ready to stand for it).

Im just saying that there could be better and more interesting skills other than sailing.

00:00:05

00:00:04

00:00:03

00:00:02

00:00:01

00:00:00

Break the Walls down!

I couldnt think of a more pointless skill other than Sailing.. Anyways, even if it was real I won't have my hopes up.

But seriously, whats the point of a sailing skill.. I'm not being negative about the possible skill, its just that this skill could'nt be more boring to me (Thats my opinion, Im ready to stand for it).

Im just saying that there could be better and more interesting skills other than sailing.

All "we" know is that the skill is called sailing. thats it! we have no idea on what the skill would have in store. Where we can go, if we can fight with are ships or not we dont know. like i said, dont be so negitive...

koolcookie0.png

Goals: 15m Slayer xp | 85 Herblore | 75+ All Stats | Chaotic Rapier | 125k/200k Tokens

it's fake and i'm surprised the mods are letting this go as long as it has.

and to say at least its not as bad as firemaking is stupid reasoning. firemaking happens to be relaxing and its good to have a skill that is so simple. has to do with balance.

[hide=-this is my signature- guides i've written]full list is at the top of <!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href="http://forum.tip.it/viewtopic.php?f=180&t=775754">viewtopic.php?f=180&t=775754</a><!-- l -->[/hide]

I couldnt think of a more pointless skill other than Sailing..

Eating skill. :lol:

"OMG! Im about to die. Oh look, a shark!"

*tries to eat it*

"You need an Eating level of 76 to eat this food."

*dies*

1. you would have to constuct your own ship's(dry dock add on to POH maybe)

2. a better ship requires a better skill lvl and the better ship the more dificult routes or rougher seas could be used

3. ships for all diferent uses such as a battle ship (for battles obviously) or a smaller ship for faster more agile sailing

4. trade routes for npc's whitch is were pirating comes in, basic exaple: just say a trade ship leaves canterbry carrying 500 iron ore heading to port khazard and you intercept it and board, kill all the crew and steel the loot (and if your sailing skill is high enough you could steal the ship and keep it as your own)

5. obviously after a quick battle you would need repairs so there would be dry docks in a few ports

6. smuggling certain good, for instance karajma rum isnt aloud to be brought of the island but in our own ship you could smuggle it, however jagex would need to introduce more contraband goods into the game,

7. you could do tasks similar to slayer but as a coast guard hunting certain pirates or smugglers for a cash reward from certain town coast guards

8. it could be like the wildy but instrad of getting what your opponet had when you killed them you got a reward from a npc (sorta like how bh works when you kill 10 of your targets but the cash reward depends on how many times they had smuggled goods succesfully or pirated other ships)

I found those ideas very interesting.

We might even have to use our boat to get to The Cursed Archipelago because no pirates dare enter the waters of Rabid Jack! Arr. :mrgreen: