The complete RuneScape trailer

Ermy

I was on the mainpage of the RuneScape website today, and i came by the RuneScape trailer. I thought it'd be the rubbish 7 second video off youtube, but boy was i wrong!

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/35739.html

That's the link to the page, i watched this and i was amazed. Maybe it won't be long till we see this on TV? For some reason it makes me proud to of played for a long time, to see a game go from small to this size and pushing java.

What are your thoughts after watching it?

S_I_G.jpg

Those with a little bit of knowledge are more dangerous than those with none.

Very cool, love the "hundred of hours of gameplay." Little do they know that those 100 hours will be involuntary #-o . Just playing, but seriously, hundreds of hours to fight in those boss battles they previewed haha.

Quality posting at its finest.

Very nicely done. But no battle scenes.

I suppose runescape's combat system looks a bit outdated now compared to these new graphics, they probably didn't show PvP (a huge part of most MMO's) for a reason. I mean, after seeing those awesome scenes, who would want to see two players slashing at eachother with little red bubbles popping up in front of their character?

dangsig.png

By popular demand, this signature is back- however I currently do not have a blog up at the moment and if I did I wouldn't update it. Sorry, the sig links to nowhere :( .

Very nicely done. But no battle scenes.

I suppose runescape's combat system looks a bit outdated now compared to these new graphics, they probably didn't show PvP (a huge part of most MMO's) for a reason. I mean, after seeing those awesome scenes, who would want to see two players slashing at eachother with little red bubbles popping up in front of their character?

agreed....

it looked pretty bad@#$ lol :roll:

jakal62.png

jakal62.png

jakal62.pngGot my old account back!!! :D

Came out the day of the graphics update, on Jagex's Youtube Channel.

Exactly what I thought too.

It looks pretty cool though, I'm sure it's attracted a lot of people already.

EDIT - Signature far exceeds our sig limits but since it's so colourful you can keep it.

For some reason it makes me proud to of played for a long time, to see a game go from small to this size and pushing java.

Same lol. BUt 5.5/10 wtf..

Totally agree. Maybe we will see an update to the combat system soon? =D

oie_080707215636np9.png

Hated what little I saw. 130 million players since launch? How many of those have quit, been banned, were gold farmers, or were owned by one person? At best that is a half truth. And, now that Jagex is actively advertising, they'll be spending money on that and won't be able to claim that all of their new subscribers came through word of mouth/

If the CORPORAL beast is this hard, imagine how hard a GENERAL or COLONEL beast would be. a corporal is not even an admirable rank in armies that use that ranking system.

Yeah, it is a pking minigame, so any arguments anybody makes will probably be biased.

The best way this will end :Everybody just says,"I'm not arguing with you anymore, goodbye."

The worst way this will end: I don't really know, psychological warfare? Worldwide thermonuclear war? Pie eating contest?

What a suprise they go all these years with a successful game without advertising and then they pull an end-of-the-year-2007 and they get to start up the advertisements :lol:

Kind of makes me hate what this game is turning into :|

I'd have to agree it's just become like any other popular MMO with advertisments everywhere and I hope they don't go to TV ads like WoW did.

Click for My Blog

Runescapew44.png

b3e1cfada6.png

670th to 99 Smithing July 21st, 07 |743rd to 99 Mining November 29th, 07 | 649th to 99 Runecrafting May 18th, 08 | 29,050th to 99 Defence October 20th, 08 | 20,700th to 99 Magic November 8, 08 | 47,938th to 99 Attack December 19, 08 | 37,829th to 99 Hitpoints December 24, 08 | 68,604th to 99 Strength February 4, 09 | 27,983rd to 99 Range February 9, 09 | 9,725th to 99 Prayer June 8, 09 | 6,620th to 99 Slayer December, 12 09 | 4,075th to 99 Summoning December, 28 09 | 3,551th to 99 Herblore February 24, 10 | 3,192th to 99 Dungeoneering November 11, 10 | 146,600th to 99 Cooking December 29th, 10 | 11,333rd to 99 Construction June 7th, 11 | 16,648th to 99 Farming August 1st, 11 | 19,993th to 99 Crafting August 2nd, 11 | 89,739th to 99 Woodcutting Janurary 1st, 12 | 55,424th to 99 Fishing May 9th, 12| 60,648th to 99 Firemaking May 12th, 12 | 16666th to 99 Agility May 17th, 2012 | 24476th to 99 Hunter June 1st, 2012 | 57,881st to 99 Fletching June 1st, 2012 | All 99s June 1st, 2012 | 3183th to 120 Dungeoneering July 24th, 2012 | 2341st to 2496 Total level July 24th, 2012 | Completionist Cape July 24th, 2012

Good Trailer.

+1 :thumbsup:

Ps. At the end, you get to get a glimpse of an underwater scene. you think it relates to any of the specalation about a new water-related skill? :?: :?:

It's in the quest recipe for disaster, when you have to cook a crab cake :P

oie_080707215636np9.png

Btw, they do show combat, they show someone fight general graador. (But it dissapears before any of the damage splats show up.... :-w

No.png

CLICK THE IMAGE TO GO TRY SHARK ATTACK DANGIT.

Good Trailer.

+1 :thumbsup:

Ps. At the end, you get to get a glimpse of an underwater scene. you think it relates to any of the specalation about a new water-related skill? :?: :?:

no sailing!

OT: nice video. Makes RS look much better

Snowball997.png

Ok... Im not that good. But I have an anchor!!!