FM needs good update, read tifers ideas 5K+ Views!

Dire_Wolf

Add: Newfie_Chris to that support list.

Firemaking does needs a good update :)

Flamming swords would be alot of fun! The flame Sword special would be like the d long (that swoop motion) but with a limited fire strike/blast/wave. THAT'd be sweet ! :pray:

Unlimited spells would be overpowered, but maybe the Special Attack would drain like 40%, and you will swing the sword, 'throwing' the best fire spell you are able to use. You would need like 70 firemaking and 60 attack for this, and it would have like, +70 slash bonus! :thumbsup: It would be nice if there was a series of fire weapons! Just put oil on a weapon and use a tinderbox to burn it for 5 minutes (use it on any metal weapon to add a +5 strength bonus).

EDIT: The sword would be able to burn enemies, burn damage could be three to five fast hits after each other hitting a maximum of like, 3 - 4.

Proud owner of the Quest Cape since 31/08

M200.png

Quest suggestion: The Shadow of a Delver

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Currently with the updates that Runescape has given to the firemaking skill, I don't see any updates for firemaking in the new future. Still, the process of burning logs continuously is just getting old and the bonfires or signals or whatever just aren't fun if you are bored. I support for a huge change in firemaking! :pray:

Agreed, the beacon update didn't offer anything to revive the Firemaking skill. Firemaking doesn't need to be any faster, it needs to have a reason to level it up which beacons failed to do. Once you've done all the beacons there's no reason ever to do it again, it's not useful as an alternate way to train and it's not a fun minigame.

Jagex should have lowered some of the tight restrictions (70 smithing?), made it into a multiplayer minigame and used the rewards system from Great Orb Project. You should have to be part of a team, with people cutting and running logs to the beacons while others make sure the fires stay lit. The amount of beacons lit and the period of time they are lit for would translate to points at the end of the minigame which would then be allocated between the players by the amount of contribution they made.

Those points could then be spent on the 3 rewards we recieved, a set of clothing, various types of logs (including rare ones like Mahogany or various pyre logs), gnomish firelighters or fireworks.

If the minigame were like that not only would it offer a fun way to train Firemaking, but it'd revive Vyre and Shade burning by making pyre logs easier to obtain and it'd allow firemakers to actually make money by allowing you to buy logs (including rare ones) with the points you earnt.

I like the idea of making this a multiplayer minigame. Send your idea to Jagex I support! ::'

25632.jpg

Magma_Guard3.png

runescapeboomdeyadasigui7.jpg

Flamming swords would be alot of fun! The flame Sword special would be like the d long (that swoop motion) but with a limited fire strike/blast/wave. THAT'd be sweet ! :pray:

Unlimited spells would be overpowered, but maybe the Special Attack would drain like 40%, and you will swing the sword, 'throwing' the best fire spell you are able to use. You would need like 70 firemaking and 60 attack for this, and it would have like, +70 slash bonus! :thumbsup: It would be nice if there was a series of fire weapons! Just put oil on a weapon and use a tinderbox to burn it for 5 minutes (use it on any metal weapon to add a +5 strength bonus).

EDIT: The sword would be able to burn enemies, burn damage could be three to five fast hits after each other hitting a maximum of like, 3 - 4.

Hence why i said "limited" I was thinking the fire Special att would drain 50% of your special bar. So that'd get u 2 Fire spells, then bar would need to reheal or whatever.

I also like the idea of setting fire to a weapon and having it burn out after awhile... For agility spots over rivers (water) the flamming sword would instantly smother and you'd need more oil to relight it. Or maybe even needing to 'dry' off your weapon with silk or somthing before u can relight it.

I also llike the Idea of throwing flamming weapons. Like arrows. Firecross bow maybe? Or a new Fire bow?

I don't know which mod did this. I don't know why they did it. If they're looking for money, I can tell them I don't have any as I'm a student. But what I do have are a very particular set of skills; skills I have acquired over 4 years of RuneScape. Skills that I have worked hard for and people like them can't take them away. If they give me my particles back now, that'll be the end of it. I will not look for them, I will not pursue them. But if they don't, I will look for them, I will find them, and they won't like what'll happen

Hence why i said "limited" I was thinking the fire Special att would drain 50% of your special bar. So that'd get u 2 Fire spells, then bar would need to reheal or whatever.

I also like the idea of setting fire to a weapon and having it burn out after awhile... For agility spots over rivers (water) the flamming sword would instantly smother and you'd need more oil to relight it. Or maybe even needing to 'dry' off your weapon with silk or somthing before u can relight it.

I also llike the Idea of throwing flamming weapons. Like arrows. Firecross bow maybe? Or a new Fire bow?

Sorry, I thought you said 'unlimited'! :lol: The 50% drain is ok. The silk drying idea is nice, too. The weapons could increase your Attack and Strength bonuses by 10%, and your Firemaking level by 15%. Oil could be found at certain spots over Runescape, which have a chance of containing oil. With a pickaxe, you could find an Oil Pool. Fill 10 vials, and it will be empty. Use the vial on your sword while having a tinderbox with you, and voila! ::'

EDIT: Fire arrows just need to be updated. They should be other than those from the Underground Pass quest. They would be oiled, and will be lit. After 5 minutes, the arrow stack will extinguish, you will need to re-oil it. They should really look like they're lit, like, small flames coming from the tip, and you would need like 20 Firemaking levels higher as the Ranged level required to use them.

EDIT2: Fire weapons would extinguish underwater, or if you fall in the water by Agility, obviously.

M200.png

[hide=]

Sorry, I thought you said 'unlimited'! :lol: The 50% drain is ok. The silk drying idea is nice, too. The weapons could increase your Attack and Strength bonuses by 10%, and your Firemaking level by 15%. Oil could be found at certain spots over Runescape, which have a chance of containing oil. With a pickaxe, you could find an Oil Pool. Fill 10 vials, and it will be empty. Use the vial on your sword while having a tinderbox with you, and voila! ::'

EDIT: Fire arrows just need to be updated. They should be other than those from the Underground Pass quest. They would be oiled, and will be lit. After 5 minutes, the arrow stack will extinguish, you will need to re-oil it. They should really look like they're lit, like, small flames coming from the tip, and you would need like 20 Firemaking levels higher as the Ranged level required to use them.

EDIT2: Fire weapons would extinguish underwater, or if you fall in the water by Agility, obviously.

[/hide]

Damn now I WANT a flamming d long -.-

I agree with everything you said ! Bring on the flame weapons !

[hide=OMG!]OMG! Flamming Godswords ftw![/hide]

I don't know which mod did this. I don't know why they did it. If they're looking for money, I can tell them I don't have any as I'm a student. But what I do have are a very particular set of skills; skills I have acquired over 4 years of RuneScape. Skills that I have worked hard for and people like them can't take them away. If they give me my particles back now, that'll be the end of it. I will not look for them, I will not pursue them. But if they don't, I will look for them, I will find them, and they won't like what'll happen

Firemaking feat. Agility:

There will be certain spots where the fence has collapsed, and thorns have grown on it. If you want to pass those spots, you will have to burn the thorns first. After you crossed it, the thorns will grow back. Here are some shortcuts:

Al Kharid

Requirements: 11 Firemaking, 14 Agility.

Why: You could get to Al Kharid without having to pay toll, and without having to walk all around.

f_FAAlKharidm_e5b378c.png

Lumbridge

Requirements: 20 Firemaking, 17 Agility.

Why: You could get to Zanaris faster, when you are unable to use Fairyrings.

f_FALumbridgem_00cc512.png

Draynor

Requirements: 29 Firemaking, 21 Agility.

Why: Law Running could be done quicker with this.

f_FADraynorm_c656aff.png

Draynor Manor

Requirements: 38 Firemaking, 26 Agility.

Why: For quick travelling from Barbarian Village to Draynor Manor or vice versa.

f_FAManorm_c3ac1ea.png

Grand Tree

Requirements: 47 Firemaking, 32 Agility.

Why: To get to the Grand Tree faster, when travelling from Camelot to there.

f_[bleep]randTreem_7dc46ec.png

Relekka

Requirements: 56 Firemaking, 39 Agility.

Why: If there is a cannon killing all Rock Crabs, you could just hop from Rock Crab Group.

f_FARelekkam_9ceaa02.png

Yanille

Requirements: 65 Firemaking, 47 Agility.

Why: Will get you from Yanille to the Tree Gnome Village MUCH quicker.

f_FAYanillem_229a49b.png

M200.png

[hide=]

[/hide]

Damn now I WANT a flamming d long -.-

I agree with everything you said ! Bring on the flame weapons !

[hide=OMG!]OMG! Flamming Godswords ftw![/hide]

Oil could only be used on Bronze - Rune weapons... :o

M200.png

SirHemen, would you like me to make a signature for this thread? I would be happy to make one in like, 12 hours (i likes making siggys pl0x)! ::'

Please ;)

f_FiremakingIm_366fb8a.png

[url=http://forum.tip.it/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=749781][img=http://img27.picoodle.com/data/img27/3/9/14/f_FiremakingIm_366fb8a.png][/url]

There you go! ;)

M200.png

No problem! ::'

I got a suggestion, it's from the RSOF, but I edited it a lot.

Enchanted Tinderboxes

What can it be used for: This handheld tinderbox can be used for special abilities, and for log burning.

How to get these: You can enchant them by asking the Firemaking master about enchanted tinderboxes, he will send you to the leader of the Magic Guild, he could enchant your tinderbox. You need 66 magic to enter the Magic Guild.

Additional information: When you click 'Operate' Enchanted Tinderbox, the Spellbook tab will get filled by special abilities. These abilities could inflict burn damage. Burn damage inflicts three quick hits, hitting up to 5. If you open the Combat Style screen, there will be a bar (not the Special Attack bar). The bar regenerates as fast as the Special Attack bar. If you burn Magic logs, you can use the Magic Ashes to make a Firemaking Potion. This will boost your Firemaking by 10%, and will refill your bar by 12% to 50%.

[hide=Special Abilities]Fireball: A fireball gets shot from the tinderbox, damaging your enemy up to 4. Could also be used to lit logs from a distance, or to burn thorns (post 258).

Requirements: 9 Firemaking.

Drain: 25%.

Exp gained: 17.

Chance of burning: 3%.

Max Burn Damage: 2

Small Flame: If a row of logs (max 3) lays in front of you, the tinderbox will lit them all.

Requirements: 18 Firemaking.

Drain: 33%.

Exp gained: 30 + the logs.

Chance of burning: -

Max Burn Damage: -

Fire Attack: Casts the highest fire Magic spell that you are able to use.

Requirements: 36 Firemaking, 13/35/59 Magic.

Drain: 40%.

Exp gained: 95.

Flame Jail*: Flames will surround the enemy where the ability has been cast on, which makes it unable to move. The flames disappear after 6 to 10 seconds. If the enemy attempts to walk through it, it will take up to 4 damage, and will jump back.

Requirements: 45 Firemaking.

Drain: 40%.

Exp gained: 175.

Strong wind*=: Strong wind will be released from the tinderbox, which makes the flames hit the enemy, which will burn.

Requirements: 54 Firemaking, some lit logs.

Drain: 66%.

Exp gained: 500.

Chance of burning: 100%.

Max Burn Damage: 5.

Fire Cover*: Protects you from fire attacks for 100%, but will increase the damage of water and ice attacks by 25%.

Requirements: 63 Firemaking.

Drain: 75%.

Exp gained: 1000.

Flame: If there is a row of (max 6) logs in front of you, a flame will release from the tinderbox, putting all logs on fire. You will get Firemaking experience of any log burnt.

Requirements: 72 Firemaking.

Drain: 33%.

Exp gained: 500 + the logs.

Flamespot*: Flames raise from the ground in front of you, which enemies can't pass (1x1 area). Useful for Safespotting. It disappears after 60 seconds.

Requirements: 81 Firemaking.

Drain: 66%.

Exp gained: 700.

Shield of Fire*: A fire orb will appear in your tinderbox, growing and growing until it is the size of a 3x3 area, it will be a fire circle. If an enemy crosses it, it will get hit every half of a second by a maximum of 3. After 60 seconds, the shield disappears.

Requirements: 90 Firemaking.

Drain: 100%.

Exp gained: 900.

Burning Meteor*: 15 seconds after casting, a meteor will strike your opponent. It can hit up to 40, and could inflict burn damage*, but it can burn yourself too.

Requirements: 99 Firemaking, 90 Magic.

Drain: 100%.

Exp gained: 2500.

Chance of burning: 75%.

Max Burn Damage: 6.

*: Members only.[/hide]

M200.png

I don't know about that suggestion. To be honest i do not like it personally, though it sounds funky. But it involves magic update+FM, and will go out of what we want: which is FM update.

But if you really wnt ican put it up on first post :)

I don't know about that suggestion. To be honest i do not like it personally, though it sounds funky. But it involves magic update+FM, and will go out of what we want: which is FM update.

But if you really wnt ican put it up on first post :)

Uhhm.. Sure! :)

M200.png

Definitely support this idea. Afterall, what's the point of having a skill which you can't use at all(besides to show off to your friends/having it on highscores). I just hope that the FM skill could be used for stuffs like increasing max hits(like for heating up weapons and leaving fire damage). But, Jagex just came out with the new FM mini-game.. so..

MSSW4Banner.gif

speedquick.png

• 3 weeks later...
making fm usefull would be pretty sweet. id love to think wat lighting someone on fire (with 99 fm) while in combat could do =]

Read the suggestions on first post and you should get what kind of things you should be able to do.

I personally like flaming weapons.

• 7 months later...

I support 100% and i also think firemaking needs a major update and rework to become a better skill and maybe a new name for firemaking that will fit with the new look.

Ps: i have my own firemaking suggestion thread but i still support your thead anything to make the skill better.

• 5 weeks later...

I'm sorry if this has already been suggested, but if there's a minigame (maybe castle wars? I don't know, I've never played it because I'm f2p) where you can light logs/oil/heat water/sand and pour it over the ledges to burn opponents.

BTW, I support fully! I only trained firemaking to increase my total level... ;)

maybe a new update to fires, instead of the two ways fire exists now (fire, ashes) make it fire, hot ashes, ashes because if you cook on a fire with high flames... I mean... I don't want to get cancer, only marshmallows are cooked on flames, for cooking you need glowing coals (I mean such pieces coal which are burning without flames, which you use in your BBQ just in case my English fails me again :P ) You still would be able to cook on flames, but with a higher chance of failure, except some things which cook better on flames (like marshmallows again)

EisS.gif