FM needs good update, read tifers ideas 5K+ Views!

Dire_Wolf

i think firemaking should be out there and jagex should really make it useful in some way. perhaps the ability to burn ppl. :twisted:

congratulations you are now level 99. You may now use a flamethrower. :thumbsup:

You can already do that. It's called a salamander. :P

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont see any reason why firemaking couldnt be used to make some sort of bombs similar to red chins, just using a different skill. Firemaking could be taken in a little bit of a different direction in that by lighting all kinds of stuff on fire you gain knowledge of explosive materials etc.

Imagine explosive arrows or cannonballs: small modifications of existing ammo that could add extra devastating damage.

and when they came out with this skill in rsc, it was because there was only about 3 or 4 ranges in all of runescape, now there are 4 within faladoor.

True. That was the main point of the skill. THey should add a new and useful aspect.

Thoroughly retired, may still write now and again

For some reason, ive always liked firmaking as a skill. Sure you only need to get it to the upper 50's and your done with it, but ive always ejoyed it. Would be cool if jagex did a update to it, like make flaming arrows, or combine in with smithing or something...

Hope Jagex does decied to do something about it.

-Haseo

35bvvh1.png

[hide=Quotes]

Albel/Justin

Albel doesn't say anything anymore, just comes in, leaves an arrow and vanishes into the night :(Probably
practising some euphonium

You nearly had me fooled, you fooler you

Euphonium/10.

9/10. To me, always associate Albel with musical stuff in OT.

Everyone with a goatee and glasses is Albel now.

lmfao albel m8 wat r u doin, hi though.

[/hide]

[hide=Runescape Achievements]99 firemaking(2007), 99 woodcutting(2008), 99 fletching(2009), 99 magic(2010), 99 cooking(2010), 99 farming(2011), 99 construction(2011), 99 runecrafting(2012), 99 Hunter (2014),  99 ranged (2015), 99 HP (2015), 99 Slayer (2015), 99 attack (2015) 99 Defense (2015) 99 Prayer (2015) 99 Summoning (2015) 99 Strength(2015) 99 Herblore (2015) 99 Dungeoneering (2017)  99 Mining (2017) 99 Crafting (2017) 99 Smithing (2017) 99 Thieving (2017)  99 invention (2017) 99 Fishing (2018), 99 Divination (2018), 99 Agility (2018), MAXED (05/17/2018)[/hide]

=\ why wouldn't you sell the yews and buy maples to burn. you are literally burning money if you burn yews

Burning 1 yew = 450gp loss

And nets 202 xp

That means it costs you 2.27gp/xp

Burning 1 Maple = 50gp Loss

And nets 135 xp

This means it costs you 0.37gp/xp

But thats not all..

Burning 1 Yew gets you 202 xp

Selling 1 yew and buying 9 Maples with the money you get from selling the yew would net you 1215xp

So for every Yew you burn, instead of selling it and buying maples, you loose around 1013 potential firemaking xp.

You are loosing out either way you look at it, you are training it inefficiently

How is this inefficient? you're seeming to forget that he would have to also burn 9 maple logs to equal the value of the 1 yew log. I did yew logs from 90-99 as maples were too slow (for me). Yew logs might not be the most cost efficient method, but they certainly are xp wise.

Of course yews are faster than maples, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to work that out.

Yews are far, far more inefficient than maples, if you would care to read on, i actually took time into account as well. If you take into account time to make the money to buy yews, then maples are actually 3x faster.

I think they should have lanterns that would take up the shield slot(similar to bug lanterns). They could have gems put in them(like the tears of guthix lantern) with different lantern frames made of different metals(finaly a unique use for smithing :D ) and would have to be enchanted similar to crossbow bolts. When enchanted they would have an effect similar to enchanted bolts, with each gem having a specific effect. The lit lanterns would be untradeable and would require various levels to light, with onxy dragonstone requiring 99 firemaking to light.

Anyways, I think everyone aggrees there should be a use for firemaking, a real practical use.

www.littlefolkspuzzlepersistentillusion.fileswww.animals-in-

k1tt3h$ f0r t3h w1ns!

The origianal use for fm was to cook becasue of the small amount of ranges. But now, it really isn't practical at all. A firemaking based minigame or as Deathdude777 said in the post before this one about the lanterns, would be a great idea and something useful to do with the skill other then make patterns with the fires =P.

we should be able to set fire to our farming patches when the plants die instead of just digging them up. wouldnt that more fun?

also burning our houses when we dont want them anymore

monoclesmilecopy.jpg

With fire arrows it could work as in it could burn the monster/player you are facing, kinda like poison except maybe a diferent effect.

And fireworks, the higher your fm lvl the bigger the firworks when you lvl up?

And of course fireowrks to use at parties :P

Doomy edit: I like sheep

With fire arrows it could work as in it could burn the monster/player you are facing, kinda like poison except maybe a diferent effect.

And fireworks, the higher your fm lvl the bigger the firworks when you lvl up?

And of course fireowrks to use at parties :P

player created fire works would be awesome. able to make your own with higher levels.

Canadan.png

You should have like 1/100 chance that a random event will give you a drag half while burning logs :D

Well, that's one way to get 7m gp/hr.

how the heck would that get you 7m gp/hr?!?!

Maxx97.png

maxx97.png

maxx97.png

maxx97.png

Volleyball... THE BEST SPORT EVER!!!

visage drop:22/06/08

signature your as this use backwards this read to enough smart were you if

barrows drops: none!

dragon drops: skirt x3, med x1.

I agree, now that there are a multitude of ranges in which to cook food in RuneScape, firemaking has essentially become unnecessary. I mean, the only time I've really had an actual use for it was during Regicide when I fell into a constant stream of traps laid by those paranoid elves and needed to cook rabbits in order to stay alive (of course, this was before I found out there was a trick to crossing those traps).

On the RuneScape suggestions forum I've seen numerous ideas on how to improve firemaking that regard the creation of fireworks, but I would like to see what other people say about adding a new branch to firemaking similar to this or not.

You should have like 1/100 chance that a random event will give you a drag half while burning logs :D

Well, that's one way to get 7m gp/hr.

how the heck would that get you 7m gp/hr?!?!

You can easily burn 1.1k logs in an hour...so there you go, an average of eleven left halves. Lol.

I for once love firemaking!

I had a thread in suggestions full of ideas to improve firemaking in many different ways!

in only 2 months the thread reached the max 2k posts with 945 supporters!!!! (59 of them were lvl 99 and 3 of them were mods)

the suggestions include new outfits, mini-games, connection to almost every other skill, new abilities, firemaking guild (a really useful 1) and some must have suggestions like making fire in 2 directions.

I wanted to create another thread but had to cancle my membership... but the point is, 2k posts with 1k supports?! this means that jagex really have to do somthing!

when I resubscribe I'll republish my ideas.

I for once love firemaking!

I had a thread in suggestions full of ideas to improve firemaking in many different ways!

in only 2 months the thread reached the max 2k posts with 945 supporters!!!! (59 of them were lvl 99 and 3 of them were mods)

the suggestions include new outfits, mini-games, connection to almost every other skill, new abilities, firemaking guild (a really useful 1) and some must have suggestions like making fire in 2 directions.

I wanted to create another thread but had to cancle my membership... but the point is, 2k posts with 1k supports?! this means that jagex really have to do somthing!

when I resubscribe I'll republish my ideas.

Any chance you could do it on Tip.it Forum??

How about the ability to light your shields on fire :lol:

Then anyone who decided to punch or kick you would get a few points of damage dealt to them :lol:

Jagex could balance out the easy damage by making the materials to light things on fire dificult or extremely time consuming to produce? :P (such as the dificulty of making your own impling jars? :? )

And then the lit status would deteriorate quickly lasting only 15 minutes at a time perhaps? :|

Link to Forum Games signature.

[hide=TIFer Quotes]

This lack of discussion value..disturbs me.
English is the only language on this forum.

If you use another language, you need to include a traduction

bgok5jn dsgtalg

Oh wow, I hate everything -.-

Death kinda scares me.

your obsession with phallic objects shows quite clearly in your artworks.

Ffs, someone put this in their sig.

[/hide]

along time ago link9080 in the forums sugested bonfires

using a full inventory of logs at a time

That would be great. But doing that as low level, is kinda....making FM to easy.

So that would work only if the skill requirements for Bonfires was 87 FM ;)