FM needs good update, read tifers ideas 5K+ Views!

Dire_Wolf

I was planning on burning Magics to 99 or something but because of Jagex new plans I'm not really sure if to wait or do it now.

If I were you I would buy the logs now. If the update is actually something good I could only thing increased demand would drive the logs up (though mages being so high lvled iono about those for sure), but in the same token there might be a better way to train after this update...

derrick44444.png

derrick44444.png

Wc'ing my way to 99 (Wish me luck)

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yea im currently going for 99 firemaking, its very pointless, but yet an easy 99. i hope to god that jagex's update wont make it harder/longer to gain FM xp, or i will def. be pissed lol. i dont have that kinda cash laying around to buy all yew logs to 99, so i just use maples. i hope the prices dont sky rocket :(

tif1mn0.png

i hope to god that jagex's update wont make it harder/longer to gain FM xp, or i will def. be pissed lol. :(

Heads will roll, If that happens ... :lol:

I don't know which mod did this. I don't know why they did it. If they're looking for money, I can tell them I don't have any as I'm a student. But what I do have are a very particular set of skills; skills I have acquired over 4 years of RuneScape. Skills that I have worked hard for and people like them can't take them away. If they give me my particles back now, that'll be the end of it. I will not look for them, I will not pursue them. But if they don't, I will look for them, I will find them, and they won't like what'll happen

I think firemaking is a rather fun skill to train, but it's true that you can't use it for so many things. However, I think Jagex will make firemaking much funnier and more useful with this new update. When it is released I think that many more will start training it more, for example I will most probably do it.

lGxorje.png

Add me if you so wish: SwreeTak

i hope to god that jagex's update wont make it harder/longer to gain FM xp, or i will def. be pissed lol. :(

Heads will roll, If that happens ... :lol:

You could say we would be BURNT ahahhahahahahahaha :lol: sorry I just had to say that :P

I hope it's a good update, but i'm not counting my chickens just yet #-o

2vuhgcn.png

I'm really hopping 99 fm will help with the rewards, but I'm guessing that the update will just be an alternative way to train fm with worthless rewards.

Probably right, the only way you will ever make money off of fm is if you can someone alter weapons or projectiles with it. Which I doubt will ever happen. Firemaking is an out of date skill.

derrick44444.png

derrick44444.png

Wc'ing my way to 99 (Wish me luck)

Ive tried to find clues about FM update..

this is what i found:

Cauldron:

-Food related

- Witchcraft related

Beacon lightning

- Way to signalize that your at a certain location/spot

Maybe new spells that can enchanted items with "FIRE" spirit or: as in Flaming weapons?

For now thats all i can think of

Ive tried to find clues about FM update..

this is what i found:

Cauldron:

-Food related

- Witchcraft related

Beacon lightning

- Way to signalize that your at a certain location/spot

Maybe new spells that can enchanted items with "FIRE" spirit or: as in Flaming weapons?

For now thats all i can think of

The beacons are to protect Varrock from invasions by signaling when an enemy appears. And the fires are made in a cauldron. *shrug*

I'm really hopping 99 fm will help with the rewards, but I'm guessing that the update will just be an alternative way to train fm with worthless rewards.

I'm with you on this - I'd like a nice reward. *Points to my 99 Firemaking* 8-)

Yew Yews Yews?

('You use Yews'?)

I've never really viewed Firemaking as a 'skill' before... no offense. Perhaps that will be my next 99 (after Woodcutting). ::' On my main, my Firemaking's only at 50. :oops:

So, basically Earthysun is Jesus's only son.

earthysig3.jpg

earthynorris.jpg

awwwwuo6.jpg

wootsiggiedagainhw5.jpg

algftw.jpg

The only use I see for it is another skillcape, fast total xp, and easy total level until about level 80. Although I'd never train with Yews :o. For me, maples do nicely. Unless you really can't stand all the clicking, Yews are a waste.

coza17.png

How long does it normally take to get to 99 Firemaking?
if you have too much spare time and 99 banked from 1-99,2 weeks

im almost a year busy on it thoug (not much $$$ ftl)

2nv5bvl.png
99 Firemaking 30-5-2010 | 99 Fletching 13-7-2014
TET-AU member:6-10-2010 - 21-10-2011

Derrick, that would entirely depend on whether yews are USED during what Jagex are planning, if they are, the probably will rise, if they aren't but the new content is better xp, yews will probably drop, if they aren't used but people don't like the new stuff, they will probably stay the way they are now. And remember, yews are used for fletching too, which might mess up that whole hypothesis above.

I'm looking forward to the firemaking updates, I liked it when they updated it to include lanterns, because it is very realistic, even though it wasn't enough to save the skill, let's hope Jagex aren't planning anything too far fetched here.

My legions of fans:

thestigclipboard.png

Yes, tell me that firemaking is useless ;)

080807060944qu1.png

:o Wow! Nice one! But there's still not very many ways to use firemaking to get good rewards, and anyway, there's other methods of getting that which don't include firemaking.

~ W ~

sigzi.png

I think firemaking is a rather fun skill to train myself, but I understand that if you go for 99 it gets rather boring quickly. I like training it though :)

lGxorje.png

Add me if you so wish: SwreeTak

Yes, tell me that firemaking is useless ;)

080807060944qu1.png

wait i dont get it he can get a full drag helm from fire making ?

any one can tell me what is that and how to do it like a guide. planning to be member soon so that would be really awsome to do

Chewed or mangled bones can sometimes be dropped by the mithril dragons. (They're level 304 and have a max hit of 28 with melee, 18 with magic or ranged, and 50 with dragonbreath.) You can make a pyre ship to give a proper rest to the spirit trapped inside the bones (although the spirits in the mangled bones have gone mad from confinement and will attack you if you attempt to do so). Look at the "pyre ship" section in your firemaking skill guide to see the levels you need for it.

Anyway, you can get dragon full helms from pyre ships too.

Jagex is adding stuff like a new mini-game, which is pretty rare for them to update firemaking, so I think they are going to start doing more updates to firemaking.

Retired from Runescape September 1, 2008