FM needs good update, read tifers ideas 5K+ Views!

Dire_Wolf

Oh, forgot two more facts about shade-burning: you get 10xp for putting oil on a log, and ... an additional 10 to 100xp for burning the pyre log (increases from reg pyre logs up to mage pyre logs). http://tip.it/runescape/index.php?page= ... #Pyre_Logs So that's a bit of xp there.

And on wishful thinking ... I'd like to be able to burn all those USELESS maple longs (u) in my bank. I mean, they are made of wood, right?! :D

gallery_28257_123_2330.jpggallery_28257_123_196.gif

it's a lot easier to get over yourself when you look at intelligence the same way you look at beauty, or height, or eye color: being smart is easy, but being good is hard ... being smart is handed to you, being good is handed to *nobody*.

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree that firemakingis currently a prety useless skill. If JaGex ever decides to add some practical applications to te skill I will train it for sure. Until then, I'm fine with 50-60ish firemaking ::' .

(congratz to all you who are having the patience to repeatedly burn logs to a somewhat useless 99 :wall: )

Oh, and about burning... Personaly I would bank the yews, buy maples and burn them. However, if you are doing it mosly as relaxation then, WHO CARES :?: Just do whatever you want and have some fun ::' .

Y2k949sSiggy.jpg

I have seen the truth, and it makes no sense.

I should probably change my signature...

Meh, tommorrow....

How about using Logs to make Coal....

It's not impossible...

As for flaming weapons, that sound nice. But it would be nice with something like this

Abyssal Whip (EF) =Enchanted Fire

Enchanted Fire= Chance of dealing 5 more damage than usually, where the chance is 1/15.

Ok here goes. By your saying, it takes you 30 seconds to chop a yew (3minutes / 10 yews)

This means your going to chop and burn 120 Yews an hour. That will give you 24.24k firemaking xp

Now, If you Chop/Bank then sell and buy maples you will get 1 inv every 17 minutes, or 3 inventories an hour. Which is 84 Yews if you bank. If you sell those 84 yews you can now buy 756 Maples, which will give you 102.06k firemaking xp.

But wait

Ok , now your going to say it takes time to burn. Well yes it does, it would take probably 30 minutes to burn that many maples. Leaving you 30 minutes of chopping. This is around 50 yews if banking. If you sell these 50 yews and buy maples, you will be able to get 60.075k firemaking xp, which is more than twice as fast as your method

Edit:

Craven, some people want speed. Its a lot faster to burn one yew than 9 maples. I'll probably do yews to 99 once i get 90 slayer or so.

Adressed above.

lol your math is sooooooo off, 30 seconds means 2 logs a min and in 3 min youd have 6 logs. lol theres nmot 100 secs in a min

madwafffle.png

madwafffle.png

As far as new updates for this skill go, there's many many things you can do with fire. Just look at how many different things we use fire for in real life. Now think about how many things Jagex could come up with when they add the element of magic in with it.

-Fire weapons

-Scaring off animals

-Burning junk

-Heating

-Destroying buildings

-Rituals

-Signaling

-Magic smoke

The list goes on and on.

PS: It would be cool if the DFS did damage based on your FM level.

its a game! get over this things are supposed to be practical thing... people like me think its fun.. i think it owns all other skills except smithing... its cool and a good escape from the rest of things as a nice break... if you dont like it dont go for it.. virtual pyros unite!

its a game! get over this things are supposed to be practical thing... people like me think its fun.. i think it owns all other skills except smithing... its cool and a good escape from the rest of things as a nice break... if you dont like it dont go for it.. virtual pyros unite!

We are just discussing the features of the game, is that so bad? #-o

Shoot, if I had the money to buy Yews, I sure as hell would be burning them right with you. (Going for 98 FM, banked with Maples)

The only real problem with FM is that it has no practical use beyond...level 95 I believe, and even then, it's not a practical purpose at all. Shade/Vyrewatch burning isn't all that profitable/eventful, and getting the supplies for either take a lot of time.

It's a good skill, it just doesn't have a practical use in the game anymore. What good is it burning Magic pyres if I'm going to get the exact same reward as I would burning Yew?

not exactly. the highest shade requires that you burn them with magic pyre logs. when you do, you get the rarer silver keys and have a slightly better chance of getting the better reward.

I would train my firemaking to 85 then forget about for awhile...

kwarlord.png

"Hey, I can't help it if I was born this cool." Adell, Disgaea 2

=\ why wouldn't you sell the yews and buy maples to burn. you are literally burning money if you burn yews

Burning 1 yew = 450gp loss

And nets 202 xp

That means it costs you 2.27gp/xp

Burning 1 Maple = 50gp Loss

And nets 135 xp

This means it costs you 0.37gp/xp

But thats not all..

Burning 1 Yew gets you 202 xp

Selling 1 yew and buying 9 Maples with the money you get from selling the yew would net you 1215xp

So for every Yew you burn, instead of selling it and buying maples, you loose around 1013 potential firemaking xp.

You are loosing out either way you look at it, you are training it inefficiently

why not take it a step further:

1) chop as many yews as you have the patience for

2) sell them at the G.E. for any price

3) buy WILLOWS at maximum price.

you'd get alot more firemaking exp. bang for your buck.

kwarlord.png

"Hey, I can't help it if I was born this cool." Adell, Disgaea 2

[hide=]

Ok here goes. By your saying, it takes you 30 seconds to chop a yew (3minutes / 10 yews)

This means your going to chop and burn 120 Yews an hour. That will give you 24.24k firemaking xp

Now, If you Chop/Bank then sell and buy maples you will get 1 inv every 17 minutes, or 3 inventories an hour. Which is 84 Yews if you bank. If you sell those 84 yews you can now buy 756 Maples, which will give you 102.06k firemaking xp.

But wait

Ok , now your going to say it takes time to burn. Well yes it does, it would take probably 30 minutes to burn that many maples. Leaving you 30 minutes of chopping. This is around 50 yews if banking. If you sell these 50 yews and buy maples, you will be able to get 60.075k firemaking xp, which is more than twice as fast as your method

Edit:

Craven, some people want speed. Its a lot faster to burn one yew than 9 maples. I'll probably do yews to 99 once i get 90 slayer or so.

Adressed above.

Man if there was a Runescape math class, I'd totally fail it. You are good.

[/hide]

Damn... You couldn't even do that math? XD XD K, I sorry.

I only train FM with Yews, because I find it more fun, and money is no objection.

I have all the 99s, and have been playing since 2001. Comped 4/30/15 

My Araxxi Kills: 459::Araxxi Drops(KC):

Araxxi Hilts: 4x Eye (14/126/149/459), Web - (100) Fang (193)

Araxxi Legs Completed: 5 ---Top (69/206/234/292/361), Middle (163/176/278/343/395), Bottom (135/256/350/359/397)
Boss Pets: Supreme - 848 KC

If you play Xbox One - Add me! GT: Urtehnoes - Currently on a Destiny binge 

Shoot, if I had the money to buy Yews, I sure as hell would be burning them right with you. (Going for 98 FM, banked with Maples)

The only real problem with FM is that it has no practical use beyond...level 95 I believe, and even then, it's not a practical purpose at all. Shade/Vyrewatch burning isn't all that profitable/eventful, and getting the supplies for either take a lot of time.

It's a good skill, it just doesn't have a practical use in the game anymore. What good is it burning Magic pyres if I'm going to get the exact same reward as I would burning Yew?

not exactly. the highest shade requires that you burn them with magic pyre logs. when you do, you get the rarer silver keys and have a slightly better chance of getting the better reward.

I kinda forgot about that part, it's been years since I've pyred.

At any rate, I do believe that Shades of Mort'ton is long overdue for a revitalization.

Linux User/Enthusiast Full-Stack Software Engineer | Stack Overflow Member | GIMP User
s1L0U.jpg
...Alright, the Elf City update lured me back to RS over a year ago.

Yeah Firemaking is pretty useless. It would be cool if you could use fm to light different things or enemies on fire. Like if you got to level 30 you could melt ice warriors. (That would be useful for getting charms)

And once you reach level 50 you can light fire works to celebrate your achievements! :thumbsup:

And when enemies died. Instead of dropping bones, theyd drop certain ashes. And the ashes would vary from monster to monster. They could be different values. It would give a whole different view of the skill.

Making money off of FM? <------ 1337 :ugeek:

Player Burining mini game anyone?

I just made an account on this forum to tell u i think this is a great idea and u should submit it to jagex or something :D

I love the things that have chains like fletch yew longs > bought by alching and stuff that gives you tons of choices to make some gold

-eightball

How about using Logs to make Coal....

It's not impossible...

As for flaming weapons, that sound nice. But it would be nice with something like this

Abyssal Whip (EF) =Enchanted Fire

Enchanted Fire= Chance of dealing 5 more damage than usually, where the chance is 1/15.

make it like poison so it burns em every few secs..

this forum has some great ideas :D

fireworks that u can use firelighters on! and shoot em at stuff! sweet! update this plz!

china attached rockets to spears and shot them at samuri and mongolians thousands of years ago, i wanna shoot a rocket spear at a goblin! it will finally give a use for a spear other than making it a scarecrow.

mmmorgan.png

Mmmorgan.png

Fireworks, have, will, and will continue to be the best idea I have ever heard for firemaking.

:thumbup:

Wow, I never thought of that. That would be really cool actually, especially in HD. ::'

It has next to no use in f2p. It's just a waste of money IMO. We may as well throw GP on the ground and burn it... wait, we practically are. Firemaking should have some use beyond burning logs and lighting funeral pyres, especially on f2p. The fireworks idea is a great one. Crafters can make fireworks, and firemakers can burn them.

Actually the yews, is something you get. So you practically didn't have any money in the beginning...and to me i don't mind a good FM level.

As for updates: I think that we might get updates, cause it seems that there are alot enthusiastic players here who suggested ideas. So i hope a player who don't give up helps us reach through Jagex with a suggestion :pray:

i think that you should be able to burn bows. so you cut some maples, fletch them into maple longbows, then burn them. even if you get slightly less exp for each one at least you can burn them instead of trying to sell them or alching them for no profit

Maxx97.png

maxx97.png

maxx97.png

maxx97.png

Volleyball... THE BEST SPORT EVER!!!

visage drop:22/06/08

signature your as this use backwards this read to enough smart were you if

barrows drops: none!

dragon drops: skirt x3, med x1.

=\ why wouldn't you sell the yews and buy maples to burn. you are literally burning money if you burn yews

Burning 1 yew = 450gp loss

And nets 202 xp

That means it costs you 2.27gp/xp

Burning 1 Maple = 50gp Loss

And nets 135 xp

This means it costs you 0.37gp/xp

But thats not all..

Burning 1 Yew gets you 202 xp

Selling 1 yew and buying 9 Maples with the money you get from selling the yew would net you 1215xp

So for every Yew you burn, instead of selling it and buying maples, you loose around 1013 potential firemaking xp.

You are loosing out either way you look at it, you are training it inefficiently

How is this inefficient? you're seeming to forget that he would have to also burn 9 maple logs to equal the value of the 1 yew log. I did yew logs from 90-99 as maples were too slow (for me). Yew logs might not be the most cost efficient method, but they certainly are xp wise.

I kinda forgot about that part, it's been years since I've pyred.

At any rate, I do believe that Shades of Mort'ton is long overdue for a revitalization.

Or at the very least, a "Make-X" for pyre logs. You need to click on the sacred oil and the logs one at a time now.