FM needs good update, read tifers ideas 5K+ Views!

Dire_Wolf

Well, i got 99 fming a week ago or so, and i rather enjoy the cape and emote because its my first cape \' (i burnt maples 4 it) I would surely say that fming could get a update.
In like "The first one to burn x logs is the winner"?

2nv5bvl.png
99 Firemaking 30-5-2010 | 99 Fletching 13-7-2014
TET-AU member:6-10-2010 - 21-10-2011

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, i got 99 fming a week ago or so, and i rather enjoy the cape and emote because its my first cape \' (i burnt maples 4 it) I would surely say that fming could get a update.
In like "The first one to burn x logs is the winner"?

What?

Follow me on Twitter!

FORGET NOT THE CHICKEN.

gravy.png

I have no intrest in helping "keyers" farm xp.

He means that the update will be easy way to burn logs, in other words: useless update.
i mean:the first one who burns *insert number here* logs,wins....>_>

2nv5bvl.png
99 Firemaking 30-5-2010 | 99 Fletching 13-7-2014
TET-AU member:6-10-2010 - 21-10-2011

I think firemaking shouldn't be updated. There was some good ideas but you could say that with other skills as well. Firemaking does have a purpose also lets say you are training and have some uncooked food for some reason and a tinderbox and log, now you can cook your food instead of running to the nearest city. Saying firemaking should be updated is same as mining, fishing, and all of the other skills that don't have a point really.

bigdog6768.png

I think a good addition to the skill would be flaming arrows. Yes, I know there's flaming arrows for the underground pass quest. And no, I don't think they're all that useful. I'm thinking of arrows that actually do lots of damage, and like said at an earlier part of the thread, the monsters you kill drop ashes. Maybe some bone fragments. Then you could do a barbarian style thing with the bone fragments and ashes and burn them all to ashes and bury, for better prayer Xp than normal, say double.

goldenramoth.png

goldenramoth.png

goldenramoth.png

I think a good addition to the skill would be flaming arrows. Yes, I know there's flaming arrows for the underground pass quest. And no, I don't think they're all that useful. I'm thinking of arrows that actually do lots of damage, and like said at an earlier part of the thread, the monsters you kill drop ashes. Maybe some bone fragments. Then you could do a barbarian style thing with the bone fragments and ashes and burn them all to ashes and bury, for better prayer Xp than normal, say double.

That seems to have some potential. ^^

Follow me on Twitter!

FORGET NOT THE CHICKEN.

gravy.png

I have no intrest in helping "keyers" farm xp.

Firemaking definitively needs some updates. How many years do you think it'll take before jagex actually does it? >__>

2 Year....

They must make more PVP minigames, Item Lending, Updated Bank, RUNESCAPE HD FOR F2P and so on....

Not to mention removal of Randoms.

WOOOO

Me again from page 4 :thumbsup:

Just found out I need to only make 4.5m for 99 FM if I'm using maples :twisted:

Should I just sell some random stuff in my bank that will hopefully give me a few mill?

Got Guthans And wonderin if I should sell it for my first 99 skill cape, despite having a quest cape :thumbsup: \'

EAVnEYl.png

Visit my blog! Click the madness for more madness!

Theres no point selling everything you have to get a 99. What will you do when you reach it? You wont have any money and wont have any decent kit to go out and actually make some. Get the level in stages instead. Work on getting to 85 first, then 92 and then 99 after.

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

FM does have very few uses at the moment, and only 2 of which actually *make* profit. But its not the only skill which isnt complete after like level 70-80+.

Changes I would like to see made, is making an actual use of the byproducts, eg. Ashes. Instead of just "Ashes", each log should have its own type of ashes. eg. Magic Ashes, Yew Ashes.. ect.

Each ash would have a different use tieing into different skills. Making it somewhat profitable/less of a loss.

Magic Ashes - 2nd Ingredient for Phoenix Summon

Yew Ashes - 2nd Ingredient for Herblore Potion?

Mahogany Ashes - 2nd Ingredient for Construction Related Summon

Maple Ashes - Other Uses?

Ashes - Current Uses

Another possible idea is to make throwing sticks you could set on fire as a ranged weapon. This would also tie into fletching. Example fletching 1 magic log into 10 throwing sticks. You could set them on fire for additional magic based damage.

dawnsigblue-3.png

I could see some potential updates for firemaking.

•  
    [*:3hle2imr]The flaming weapons/arrows that were already mentioned earlier, that would hit especially water/ice based monsters very well (waterfiends anyone?).

[*:3hle2imr] Maybe some more integrating towards cooking; the better your firemaking the less you burn food.

[*:3hle2imr] The higher your firemaking level the longer is your antifire potion effect. Or maybe even more resistant against dragonfire.

[*:3hle2imr] Tinderbox that you can wield. :lol: (and burn option for logs)

[*:3hle2imr] Firespells hitting better with higher firemaking. :-k

Rsn: Onauric Combat: 136 Total: 2150+

All quests done since: 3rd December 2005

FM does have very few uses at the moment, and only 2 of which actually *make* profit. But its not the only skill which isnt complete after like level 70-80+.

Changes I would like to see made, is making an actual use of the byproducts, eg. Ashes. Instead of just "Ashes", each log should have its own type of ashes. eg. Magic Ashes, Yew Ashes.. ect.

Each ash would have a different use tieing into different skills. Making it somewhat profitable/less of a loss.

Magic Ashes - 2nd Ingredient for Phoenix Summon

Yew Ashes - 2nd Ingredient for Herblore Potion?

Mahogany Ashes - 2nd Ingredient for Construction Related Summon

Maple Ashes - Other Uses?

Ashes - Current Uses

Another possible idea is to make throwing sticks you could set on fire as a ranged weapon. This would also tie into fletching. Example fletching 1 magic log into 10 throwing sticks. You could set them on fire for additional magic based damage.

I agree it needs an update, but not by fiddling with ashes. They give such good herblore exp with tarromin, plus they are a way to recoup *some* of the cost of training.

Hail to The Great Big Penguin in the sky. And Guthix, of course.

Harbringerjm.gif

i think everyone is forgetting the most important update that jagex needs to make with fm! firelighters! what good does a purple fire serve? remember when summoning came out and people (like me) regretted throwing all those colored eggs away. i remember the first one i got. *chop chop, cool a birds nest. whats this? keep in bank for 7 months, useless, drop on ground. doh* how many firelighters(blue green white) have people dropped on the ground. i just keep them in the bank cause i cant be bothered to cut reg logs and not worth exp to burn them. plz plz plz give an update to make a usless item usefull again, i.e. blue birds egg, tortose shell, soon proboscis?lol

mmmorgan.png

Mmmorgan.png

Honestly, some updates would be nice. Mabye at a high level you could set up a ring of fire around a monster and burn it? Mabye make some impassible walls of fire? Just some random ideas. Besides, isn't it just fun to burn something on a whim?

I see this thread going places. :shock: There are so many great sounding ideas here. :) I like the one about the magic or yew ashes, and summoning seconds. Not all of them would have to be used for something, but the higher level ones for a pheonix summon? Sounds awesome. :thumbsup:

Blakdragon39.png

This Witch Burning Skill obviously replaced Construction. So probably we are not going to build our own house any more but rather burn witches and take their houses. The higher level level Witches you burn, the better houses you can capture. Pretty evident is it?

Don't know if this has been said yet, but a good way to update firemaking would be to light weapons on fire. You could use the chemist still thing to make oil, and with a high enough firemaking level, put it on the weapon, then light it up. It could work like crystal where it would loose fuel after a while a go out. Better firemaking equals longer lasting fires and higher weapon that can be lit.

Flaming Whip anyone?

Tip.it's official Ninja

I think firemaking shouldn't be updated. There was some good ideas but you could say that with other skills as well. Firemaking does have a purpose also lets say you are training and have some uncooked food for some reason and a tinderbox and log, now you can cook your food instead of running to the nearest city. Saying firemaking should be updated is same as mining, fishing, and all of the other skills that don't have a point really.

The old point of Firemaking, which was lighting fires for others to cook them with, is now beyond moot. Take a look at the world map -- there's hundreds of ranges available now, and I've yet to see any player light a fire on the docks and let others take advantage of it.

Let's be for real about this. If Firemaking were to receive a [desperately needed] facelift, what would that entail? Fire's usefulness only extends so far in RuneScape, where so many places have no need for it.

My preference would be that the Shades of Mort'ton minigame get a revamping, making it possible to get more blessed oils before it crumbles, and amp up the rewards (possibility of a guaranteed valuable Treasure Trail Item from Fiyr shades). Barbarian Pyre logs only go so far, since few people get them as drops (50 miths, zero bones), and you only get to do it once, meaning it's neither constructive nor productive.

I had a suggestion a long time ago in the "High Level Skills" thread, back when Mod Craddock was running it. My idea was that you could throw fire on your opponent for additional damage, lighting fire and doing medium damage to those with flammable things on (capes, magic robes). Of course, that'd be better suited to flaming arrows in bulk, but a man can only dream.

Oh, one more question -- who else here wants to see Firemaking + Barrel Bombs finally unite?

Linux User/Enthusiast Full-Stack Software Engineer | Stack Overflow Member | GIMP User
s1L0U.jpg
...Alright, the Elf City update lured me back to RS over a year ago.

Don't know if this has been said yet, but a good way to update firemaking would be to light weapons on fire. You could use the chemist still thing to make oil, and with a high enough firemaking level, put it on the weapon, then light it up. It could work like crystal where it would loose fuel after a while a go out. Better firemaking equals longer lasting fires and higher weapon that can be lit.

Flaming Whip anyone?

This has potential, also introduce burn damage (acts like poison slow hp reducer 3-6 hp) and can only be stopped by anti-burn potion, made using a by-product of firemaking and a herb, special ashes maybe? :)

You only live twice. Once when you are born and once when you look death in the face.

Do not fear Death. Death is always at our side. When we show fear, it jumps at us faster than light. But, if we do not show fear, it casts its eye upon us gently and then guides us into infinity...