FM needs good update, read tifers ideas 5K+ Views!

Dire_Wolf

along time ago link9080 in the forums sugested bonfires

using a full inventory of logs at a time

That would be great. But doing that as low level, is kinda....making FM to easy.

So that would work only if the skill requirements for Bonfires was 87 FM ;)

Or a special skill mastery technique at 99 ;) more reason to get the cape then :thumbsup:

You only live twice. Once when you are born and once when you look death in the face.

Do not fear Death. Death is always at our side. When we show fear, it jumps at us faster than light. But, if we do not show fear, it casts its eye upon us gently and then guides us into infinity...

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

along time ago link9080 in the forums sugested bonfires

using a full inventory of logs at a time

That would be great. But doing that as low level, is kinda....making FM to easy.

So that would work only if the skill requirements for Bonfires was 87 FM ;)

Or a special skill mastery technique at 99 ;) more reason to get the cape then :thumbsup:

EDIT: sorry internet lagged and double posted :oops:

You only live twice. Once when you are born and once when you look death in the face.

Do not fear Death. Death is always at our side. When we show fear, it jumps at us faster than light. But, if we do not show fear, it casts its eye upon us gently and then guides us into infinity...

I wish they would do something with it. At the moment it's pretty much useless, and...well...yeah, useless. Player burning sounds fun...

hot_lips255.png

Signature your in it put backwards this read to enough smart were you if.

Did you know that 78.45% of statistics are made up on the spot?

hot_lips255.png

[Removed - Site sends spam and requires personal information to recieve results] Bluelancer

I wish they would do something with it. At the moment it's pretty much useless, and...well...yeah, useless. Player burning sounds fun...
What do you think of City burning?

"You put the varrock bank full with logs"

"you attempt to light the logs"

"The fire catches the logs and the fire begins to burn...."

"Varrock burns to the ground!You got 1m xp fo setting this city on fire!"

2nv5bvl.png
99 Firemaking 30-5-2010 | 99 Fletching 13-7-2014
TET-AU member:6-10-2010 - 21-10-2011

You can easily burn 1.1k logs in an hour...so there you go, an average of eleven left halves. Lol.

Yes, but what he was saying is that you would receive 1/100 out of every random you receive not every log. Therefore, there is no way you could make 7mil plus an hour.

Drinkablity.png

I think fm is just a waste of money but its only there for the total levels

so true :thumbsup:

i personally like the skill for some reason even though it has no real use.

if the time comes when there are no more ranges in runescape i am prepared :shock:

i do like it for the total lvs and i am going for a 99 in it to get the great skill cape. :shock:

but it does seem to be a bit less useful than other skills. i think jagex deffinetly needs to do something to make the skill have more use.

90510609gj7.png

I burned Magic logs, you should all run out and do it, too!

:lol: Don't you wish you could? :lol:

You simply have no idea how much I want to. You really don't. :(

A wild fantasy of mine was to once buy 100K Magic logs, and burn them -- half pyred, the other half in front of onlookers. :D

EDIT: Why did that signature pop up in the quote...

Linux User/Enthusiast Full-Stack Software Engineer | Stack Overflow Member | GIMP User
s1L0U.jpg
...Alright, the Elf City update lured me back to RS over a year ago.

Face it FM has one use. To gain apretty looking cape at lvl99. thats it.

I can guarantee you that everyone knows that. What we are discussing is if Jagex will change that...

My opinion: no they will not change it. Unless the new skill was called arson or similar.

Alex_Ewan 1.png

Goals achieved: lvl 99 Cooking, Fishing and Fletching.

Surrey CC and Liverpool FC fan for life!

I can guarantee you that everyone knows that. What we are discussing is if Jagex will change that...

My opinion: no they will not change it. Unless the new skill was called arson or similar.

lol arsen \'

that would be more succesful than any other skill.

i would train it and i would love the idea of setting lumbridge on fire=]

lv 50 arsen you are now able to burn cities down :thumbsup:

90510609gj7.png

I'm sure its been posted, but about the only actual 'use' for firemaking -other than draining money out of the game- is pyre burning or whatever the barbarian thing is called, the level 80+ pyre ship has a relatively high chance of producing a dragon full helm (relatively high being higher than the drop rate of mithril dragons, or so i've heard, if im wrong please dont make a huge deal out of it :shame: )

other than that, some quests, and.. for the cape. pretty much it.

as for what they could do with firemaking- possibly using it as an agility type skill-

-burn dry vines to get to new areas,

-making/lighting your own furnace(in conjuction with smithing and mining),

-making flaming arrows (not like the ones from underground passage, but something like poison, where the fire has a chance to burn dealing extra X% damage)

-make other fire related equipment- flaming sword (special ability requiring a certain fm level, or fm level giving a certain chance for a flame strike or something like that) flaming staff (gives a chance to boost fire related spells?)

-bombs anyone?

those are all i can realy think of atm, im sure there are many more great ideas for what could be done, but chances are jagex wont do anything near as useful or special. maybe just a new type of log?

Reverents can be a pain, but you can run away from them. Just curious, do they still have teleblocking ability?

Fear the church, the reverents have 85 magic!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

i really believe jagex read this tread and decided it was time to opdate it :D i hope it will be a good opdate:D

My private chat is always ON.

Winner of The Tip.It Teamcape Outfit Contest!

6 years. 1 dragon CS drop and some barrows, bad luck?

99melee.jpg

For reference, here's the quote from the bts:

Not content with updating one skill this month, we've decided to reignite Firemaking too. In Varrock, King Roald has become increasingly wary of the evil eyes casting greedy looks at his city, so he'll be taking precautions: fourteen warning beacons, running from the River Salve to the western end of the Wilderness. The problem is, no one will be available to test them out, so - surprise, surprise - you'll become the most suitable candidate.

So begins All Fired Up, a sizzling new quest that acts as a simple and very short tutorial for beacon lighting. What can you do with large cauldrons full of sticks, you may ask? Well, your task, if you should choose to accept it, will be to light as many as possible at one time, offering you an entertaining and alternative method for training your Firemaking - oh, and the rewards will make you the toast of firemakers everywhere...

That last bit is the part I like. "Rewards." Now we're talking.

lol arsen \'

that would be more succesful than any other skill.

i would train it and i would love the idea of setting lumbridge on fire=]

lv 50 arsen you are now able to burn cities down :thumbsup:

lol its arson =D>

and becides arson is the burning of property or buildings for an improper purpose, such as to collect insurance.

and seeing how if you burnt a building for exp. \' id would serve a proper purpose so by definition it wouldent be arsen

billybobj282.gif

i am currently getting 99 fm and i think jagex got some big firemaking updates in store for us so i can't wait until the update is released.

Played since February 2001

alexrn2vh6.jpg

13th to 30 hunting

firemaking cape achieved 6th August 2008_-_-_-_Quest cape achieved 19th August 2009

Now I haven't tried burning vyrewatch yet....so don't know anything about that, but have burned a lot of shades at morton.... because I enjoyed it...and have also found that when I have a stash of silver keys (which I do most of the time), Quickest clue scroll's whenever i feel like doing a clue.

I found fiyr shades with Magic logs good value (until splitbark dropped horrendously after GE!), and enjoyable....when I felt like it.

I do intend trying vyrewatch out at some time in the future, and whilst it may not be the most "efficient" use of my time, if it's what I feel like doing at the time...it is IMHO the right choice!

countzeroh.png