Runners in Fist of Guthix

Sinkhan

Was just in a FoG at the last TET event. At the end I was paired with someone who thought it was 'sad' that I was running away from him, telling me that he just wanted experience, and continued until he finally did kill me (at one point I did fight back, with many 0s on my end)

When I hunted him, he tried fighting back, bashing my lack of courage in not fighting him when he was hunting me, while being slaughtered.

You'd think Winning would be better than having balls over the other person, wouldn't you?

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just played a couple matches about 5 minutes ago from this post. Both times i ran and both times people called me sad. When i finally had to hunt them they ran too. Why are runners flaming runners?

Marksman0010.png

I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: 'O Lord, make my enemies ridiculous.' And God granted it.

-- Voltaire

Just played a couple matches about 5 minutes ago from this post. Both times i ran and both times people called me sad. When i finally had to hunt them they ran too. Why are runners flaming runners?

Hypocrites. <.<

Master of Attack ~ August 29th, 2010

Proud to have served the awesome Tip.It Crew <3

4bbb67ec44.png

Juhniz.png

Juhniz.png

Juhniz.png

It's a huge area for a reason. Plus, anyone wonder why your run recharges at an epic rate in the centre? ;)

If you cant live with the noobs, ignore 'em. If you cant live with ignoring 100 people at a time, put public on chat, and if they somehow still annoy you, quit :)

I dont need a siggy no moar.

I got flamed by a level 62 for running away from him. Later on, some of his friends start bagging on me for running, and some random level 90 follows me and tells me to get out my mom's basement. :roll:

From now on, I've going to turn off all chat besides clan at FOG. I'll just be satisfied with seeing their dead bodies drop to the floor with a 50-26 Blitz+GS special.

I hate it when people run. And yes, I am impatient.

The reason I hate it is because unless they're close to my level, I will still win. They can run all they want, but when they're not near the middle, they don't get many points, and as soon as I land a few hits I can ko them.

Then when it's my turn to collect I stand in the middle, letting them hit me, and easily last long enough to gain the points I need to beat someone who runs around the outside for 10 minutes.

Therefore, runners waste my time, I like my time.

The reason I hate it is because unless they're close to my level, I will still win. They can run all they want, but when they're not near the middle, they don't get many points, and as soon as I land a few hits I can ko them.

Then when it's my turn to collect I stand in the middle, letting them hit me, and easily last long enough to gain the points I need to beat someone who runs around the outside for 10 minutes.

Your opponent in FoG isn't just there for your convenience.

It would be so much easier if they were.

Sorry to sound like a total [wagon] lol, but it's just not fun to chase someone around. I don't go around flaming people or anything though when I play FoG. Infact, I get flamed a lot by opponents.

It would be so much easier if they were.

Sorry to sound like a total [wagon] lol, but it's just not fun to chase someone around. I don't go around flaming people or anything though when I play FoG. Infact, I get flamed a lot by opponents.

If it's not fun to chase people around, then why play FoG? I don't like bounty hunter, therefore I don't play. Simple logic. Battle robes are not worth it. Fishing gauntlets are good but for only extremely high lvls. Rc gauntlets and dragonslayer gauntlets are the only things worth it. No one is forcing you to play.

Oh, btw, I was against a lvl 138 when I was lvl 113. I beat him by 300 charges and he had 99 range and ARMADYL. He tanked; I ran. I don't care if you can tank and get 900 charges. I can run and get 1500 because I use strategy. If you're playing just for a rank on the high scores, then good luck trying to get to the top. People up there actually run and hide, not tank in the middle.

menea_reuter.pnglinkresponsewb2.th.jpg

I'm a bit between the 2 sides. I always hug obstacles, run around, and generally make a nuisance of myself in order to live as long as possible in games. But when it's the other way around I'm a bit like sxqpower in that my opponents invariably are dead within 1 or 2 hits (barrage + ags spec = bye bye) so it's a bit futile and just drags the game out if my opponents try and run too. I've lost like 3 games of FoG ever, even against people who use the same tactics as me (the guy who's rank 1 does the the same things as me, and I've beaten him in the 2 matches I've been paired with him).

So yeah, hiding is very useful, but it only counteracts levels to a certain degree.

enzock.gif

Proud Leader of the Corruption Clan. PM me to set up a fight or for any queries relating to my clan.

but it only counteracts levels to a certain degree.

Levels don't matter in Fog (except strength). What doesmatter is the quality of equipment. I will splash on people with karils a heck of a lot more than black dhide. Obviously, a godsword will outdo any other weapon because of the high strength. The dark bow is the best bow besides rune crossbow + dragon bolts.

Although even 10 more strength lvls will increase your max by about 3, if you have the same equipment, it comes down to strategy. But yes, someone with ice barrage and ags will almost always kill the lvl 80 running around in red dhide. (Notice that I said almost ;) )

menea_reuter.pnglinkresponsewb2.th.jpg

OH MY GOD! :!: !!

someone but me that KNOWS runing is not nooby! *faints*, it must be the end of the world *faints agin*

my (at least) 90% win rate is purely from runing and hideing.

. the soul point if fog is to be skillfull. honestly anyone with an iQ over 1 knows that being skillfull is the way to go

unfortunately most runescapers have the IQ of a carrot (that seems familiar, if I just ripped you off, I'm sorry)

I run and hide its so fun watching them try to flame me :thumbsup: however I haven't played in a while and seem to have lost all my skills at running/hiding... can I get a few pointers?

how many runescapers does it take to change a lightbulb?

1 to change the lightbulb and the rest to complain about how the first one was better

There are lots of bad people in the world, but they're like slinkies; you can have so much fun pushing them down two flights of stairs...

Arigorn_380.png

My previous acount, 'WeirdAl_fan' was unable to be recovered after the crash...

I tank at the centre every game and get around 1200-1300 charges and I use around half of the timer of the game. If I ran and hid, I would get 1700+ charges but I would use the full timer of the game. I win in both cases, so I always tank.

My opponent runs and hides but I keep them away from the centre. They get 800-900 charges. They lose.

Tanking gives faster, better, less aggravating games. It's FTW.

The_Maddest.png

I tank at the centre every game and get around 1200-1300 charges and I use around half of the timer of the game. If I ran and hid, I would get 1700+ charges but I would use the full timer of the game. I win in both cases, so I always tank.

My opponent runs and hides but I keep them away from the centre. They get 800-900 charges. They lose.

Tanking gives faster, better, less aggravating games. It's FTW.

That's true, but only if your opponent is quite weak (at least for me.)

PS. Btw, this topic is "Running isn't noob", not "Running vs. Tanking" ;)

4bbb67ec44.png

Juhniz.png

Juhniz.png

Juhniz.png

Lets see, what do people use to win games?Tactics. And what is running?A tactic. People will use every and all tactics to win a game. So if you don't like runners, don't play the game.

League of Legends Referal link: http://signup.leagueoflegends.com/?ref=4e55a571778d2633364408

"Life is short, and shortly it will end, Death comes quickly which respects no one, Death destroys everything and takes pity on no one"

Drops: 8whips, 28dboots, 1hand cannon, 2 dmeds 3dskirts 2 dbows

99s(in order): Attack Constitution Defence

Lets see, what do people use to win games?Tactics. And what is running?A tactic. People will use every and all tactics to win a game. So if you don't like runners, don't play the game.

Now im confused...I didnt think he was complaining about runners... :?

how many runescapers does it take to change a lightbulb?

1 to change the lightbulb and the rest to complain about how the first one was better

There are lots of bad people in the world, but they're like slinkies; you can have so much fun pushing them down two flights of stairs...

Arigorn_380.png

My previous acount, 'WeirdAl_fan' was unable to be recovered after the crash...

I use a run-hide strategy against most people. I tank in the middle against people level 20 or lower, because I can accumulate 5k charges by then. I use a tank-run strategy against ancienters/ddsers, because if even if you die, you still accumulate some extra charges during the dying animation. However, if you are killed on the outside, you don't get as many charges.

• 1 month later...
Hehe. Tried running/stragey today and beat a lvl 99 ( I'm 64) by a large amount. Just shows that brains>brawns

"Laik no wai! Mai 99 str pwnz ur 150 IQ"

:lol:

4bbb67ec44.png

Juhniz.png

Juhniz.png

Juhniz.png