Runners in Fist of Guthix

Sinkhan

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Runners are game spoilers who deserve the name noobs because they obviously cannot play the game as it should be played and rely on other more clever players to stick to the more simple and effective technique.

I'm sorry, but despite your rank and experience in the game you seem to be the one missing the point. as a hunted, your stats are lowered and you cannot cast spells. The logical thing to do is avoid getting killed. That usually means running away from an opponent. Sure, you can pray and switch gear often, but you have lowered stats, meaning that if your opponent is a relatively high level, you'll get ripped to shreds. Especially in this world of Dragon Claws and AGSes. Hell, even a DD is going to do quite a bit to you...

The point of being the hunted is to run, that's why you're the hunted and they're the hunter. It isn't bounty hunter, clan wars, or the duel arena, you simply can't fight back as well as a hunted (Example: Fighting a pure in monk robes, used crystal bow, *did not hit at all*)

Runners are game spoilers who deserve the name noobs because they obviously cannot play the game as it should be played and rely on other more clever players to stick to the more simple and effective technique.

Worth reading.

If you are the hunter, your task is simply to track down and slay your opponent.

If you are the hunted, your task is to evade your opponent and gather as many charges from the Fist of Guthix as possible.

Sitting in the centre =/= Evading

With the same logic you used I could say that people who sit at the centre obviously cannot play the game as it should be played. :roll:

Master of Attack ~ August 29th, 2010

Proud to have served the awesome Tip.It Crew <3

4bbb67ec44.png

Juhniz.png

Juhniz.png

Juhniz.png

1. Mage xp - This type of player is not helped by people running and doesnt really care about winning anyway so why run from them?

2. Token grabber - (Thats me!!) I only want tokens. I use addy arrows cos cost does not bother me I just need a clean quick kill. Runners do not help me.

3. People playing for fun - These people (Mavis and Gerald) actually probably love runners.

1. Well, the more you run the more tokens you get.

2. Your enemy want tokens to, so they run.

O.O

I completely agree with you. FOG isn't a game made for mass-killing other players in the center, but actually get a strategy and try to collect the most charges to avoid being killed.

Whoever says "You runner noob!" and stuff like that just doesn't know how to play the game.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

The worst are Portal Noobs/House Huggers.

Playing in F2P, its pretty annoying. As a level 114/115,, I lost to a level 20 something because he decided to stay in the houses almost the entire time, when he came out, as soon as I moved, he went back in. Where's the strategy? This is the same guy that called my tactics "noob", I was playing how I have, and do play. I use the terrian to my advantage. I run around rocks/statues/houses so they get off less attacks, it works, but seemingly, it makes me, as a level [whatever I am] "noob" to do so. Yet its perfectly okay for him to house hug? Then decide to brag how he "beat" me. Causing me to swear in Norweigian. Yeah, I meant to do it in my CC where it is empty, I just forgot to go back in after changing worlds.

Overall, running is the perfect tactic. I normally stay at the edge until my hunter comes. Teleorb when they are 5 squares away, or try casting a spell at me, then hide out at the centre until they come, then I use the rocks if they are using melee. Or the running around houses for Mages/Rangers.

My main Hunter tactic is the use Range, with some Magic to back me up.

Though the worst is those who expect you to go easy on them.

I had to attack the [bleep]er so I would get hit. He was the hunted first, I killed him before he got any charges. Because he either didn't get a stone, or equip it. He asks me to go easy on him. I try explaining that he's wasted his chance. I have to say that twice -.-

Overall, playing it in F2P is easy. Most head towards the centre, and I use my 91 Range to my advantage. However, you get a few people who are decent. I came up against someone who played it pretty well, I still won, but it took my awhile to find the guy. Another, well, I lost because he had the advantage of a higher strength level. Still, the guy was pretty respectful about it, and didn't want to make me swear like a sailor.

Pretty funny how those that want you to go easy use the cheapest "tactic" to win. Not that house hugging/portal hugging requires any tactics.

swordfinalqr7.jpg

Denizen of Darkness| PSN= sworddude198

fail...runners aren't really the problem though. it's those sad little narb nuggets who hide in the houses for like 10 minutes and hope i leave. or the ones who go around rocks. and yes, running is horrible, it simply states that you want equipment that you can't even use because you can't be bothered to train to get tokens in the first place. :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown:

Paragon.png

OK... so i basically agree with this. I ran around once and my hunter called me a chicken. So annoying. I wasted him btw. Anyway, there are a few exceptions... like yesterday when i had a level 20 target. Basically, what happened was i ran into the middle. He wasn't there. I ran everywhere and than walked everywhere and i walked and walked i turned on a movie i walked i walked and FIVE minutes later i saw him crawling along the very outer edge of the map. I killed him and it didn't even do him any good because my 2300 charges easily beat his 1000. But the thing is, its ANNOYING. That's not strategy... hes simply delaying his imminent defeat since you hardly get any charges by staying at the outermost end. Its interesting if they run behind a wall and then go into a house and run the opposite end ect but there are times when it is just plain annoying. I agree with this otherwise though.

fail...runners aren't really the problem though. it's those sad little narb nuggets who hide in the houses for like 10 minutes and hope i leave. or the ones who go around rocks. and yes, running is horrible, it simply states that you want equipment that you can't even use because you can't be bothered to train to get tokens in the first place. :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown:

Going around rocks actually has the chance of failing, and you still end up getting hit if they use melee only.

Here's a hint. Spells and arrows go over the rocks. Until idiots are smart enough to learn that, I'll keep using them, okay?

swordfinalqr7.jpg

Denizen of Darkness| PSN= sworddude198

Thank you god, someone else has realised that FoG is not

a) Duel arena

B) free mage xp

Lol it is funny as hell when you beat lvl 100+s on a lvl 45 account because they cant accept tanking in the centre isnt a strategy but a death wish,

Your stats have been reduced
Very important bit of information right there (even if its not directly quoted =P~ )
"Why? This is a GAME with strategy involved.
Damn straight

Yea' date=' I agree bit it still is frustrating when all people do is run: it is a [u']combat game[/u], after all.

"Those who give up their liberty for more security neither deserve liberty nor security."

Support transparency... and by extension, freedom and democracy.

It's only a combat game when you're doing the killing. You simply can't fight as the hunted, your stats are reduced and your opponent's are not. An unarmored or minimally armored 1-defence pure can successfully tank you if you're the hunted. Likewise, a low level fighter can rip through you regardless of your gear.

It's not a combat game as much as it is hide and seek with swords and bows. You have that whole huge area to hide in, and standing still when someone with claws/gs/whip/etc is about to kill you just shows either lack of game experience or a minor brain injury (with no offence to those that do have an actual brain injury and/or lack of game experience).

I run in FOG...

People that say " runners r noobz" are noobs themselves. It's the way you play a game.

The best thing is when your opponent leaves after not finding you in the first minute of the game and goes "wow u ******* scared noob stop the ******* running and learn to play like a man idiot" :lol:

Master of Attack ~ August 29th, 2010

Proud to have served the awesome Tip.It Crew <3

4bbb67ec44.png

Juhniz.png

Juhniz.png

Juhniz.png

• 2 months later...

Haha good thread, well done.

*Note, I'll be talking about F2p FoG here.*

Strategical running around the houses & two centre rocks in the centre is acceptable but...

One of the things I disapprove is Hiding, this means not going Centre when you pick up the stone.

This of course is in the hiders advantage when he/she is skilled at it but makes the game longer. I'm not playing FoG to play a worse form of hide & seek, I'm instead playing FoG to gain fast Rates (& Tokens aswell). Therefor I dislike the hiders wasting my time, yes -wasting-. They slow my games and Rates/hour down, I hope you all understand that. I also dislike Portalers, this is of course, just like Hiding, an advantage for the Portaler, if he/she is skilled at it. But just like Hiding, it wastes my time.

Now even more important, I do honestly think that no more than 2% of all people in FoG are skilled at any of the two!

Therefor they waste my time being in Portal not daring coming out since I'm at the perfect spot in the centre being able to see all exits perfectly! Those are two 'tactics' I dissaprove and dislike being used against me, if you really want to try win vs me, learn to run around the rocks and houses! At least that's a less waste of time, and a good tactic at getting more Charges too.

Yes, FoG is a game where you have to evade your opponent and get more Charges than him/her, but that's not my point, I'm just saying most people are just Hiding/Portaling like crazy because they can't play with the so called Pro-Tactics or simply can't tank in centre. They do not have a chance at all vs me but are still trying so badly it just gets sad...

Yes, I have semi-retired Fist of Guthix now, none of the 2 tactics I dislike are the reason for that.

The reason of me semi-retiring is I can't get as many Rates a hour/day as P2p Foggers and the other reason is that certain people abuse the new FoG where games start with just two people.

Have a great day (flaming).

-Legologie, former Rank 3 FoG.

FoG is a game. For me, success is defined by winning or thinking about ways to win. That, for me, is the whole point of any game.

For some others, FoG success is defined by mage exp, tokens, maybe rating, or sometimes (OMG) fun.

Those who play FoG for exp or token rewards are defeating the purpose of the game - to have fun.

Sometimes I like to play f2p FoG. In those cases, attack damage is relatively low. At times like these, I have a tough choice to make: to have rune armor or not to have rune armor? I don't bring rune armor, so I can outrun my opponent. =P It's funny to see my hunter cursing when he's down to 0 energy and I'm still able to run away.

dorcus0.png

"The best defence is to stay out of range" - French proverb

Bad luck happens. Learn and get over it.

Might get flamed for this... but oh well. :roll:

I agree running is a valid tactic, but about... oh, I'd say 70% to 80% of players that run around are total idiots. To quote a friend, "WTF ARE YOU DOING." I've had, in my entire time playing FoG maybe... 10 people in total that could actually run properly (one of them being a friend, of whom had a 355-game winning streak 'til I broke that :lol: ).

There are two types of idiot runners.

1) Stay on the edge and walk around there.

Subtype 1a) [book it to the center (or teleorb there) once your opponent finds you.] Granted, if your hunter's an idiot that doesn't know how to find his hunted with the available methods, this works. Totally inefficient if your stats are even in the 40-50 level range. The low rate of charges just isn't worth it. It's much more efficient to hug around the houses, etc.

Subtype 1b) [Lead me sprinting around the arena until your run is exhausted, then book it.] (Again, works if your hunter's an idiot) To quote a friend, "WTF ARE YOU DOING." I can still hit 10s on you with range while I'm chasing you, ya know. (Even if I do run out of run energy, I have a ring that can replenish my run and I'm still going to be following you because I clicked "Attack -----")

Subtype 1c) [Walk around the edge even while I'm attacking you until you die.] I have nothing to say.

2) Sprint to the edge of the arena then teleorb back to the center.

2a) [Run straight to the edge, then teleorb it once I get close.] Yeah, buy yourself 50-100 extra charges. Like that'll help.

2b) [Run to an obstacle on the edge, trap your hunter on the side away from the center, then teleorb.] You're using your brain! Finally!

In short, if you're going to run, don't be an idiot about it. :wall: Annoying, because I'm a lazy bum, but hey, at least it's a viable method being used by someone with a brain.

d9f84e76d7.png

I'm level 92 and currently f2p (for a little while). In f2p I am usually the most powerful person in FoG and that presents me with the ability to stand in the middle and take hit after hit from a level 40 without dying. I can get around 1600-2000 charges just standing. What I hate about this is when the level 40 thinks, "I can win this, if I just run around the edges!". No. I will still find you, it may waste 10 minutes tracking you down, but you will still lose. The thing about runners is that in f2p all they end up doing is wasting my time and only getting about 600 charges.

tl;dr. Runners are a waste of time when tactics still don't let them achieve victory.

Sodo00.png

the thing i hate about runners is that they use the teleports and probs not knowin there charges goes down plus there health lol x and then moaning when its my turn that i run jst to piss them off haha x

xxamzyxx.png

952a0f472b.png

xxamzyxx.png

xxamzyxx.png

xxamzyxx.png

xxamzyxx.png

• 5 weeks later...

i have had people do a few things to me beocuse i simply own f2p \'

sometimes thay pm me (wasteing there time) with insults and threats, does not work becouse by the time i relise that he/she sent them i have allredy won. totaly counter productive :lol:

sometimes i had people say there here purely for mage xp, then run away when its there turn as the hunted. it should be obvoius that

a. that wont work.

b. if you are after mage xp, then mage me when your the hunted also, faster xp for you.

and sometiems i just had people begg me. sorry but no.

so ingoring all that, the stratergy i hate to fight the most is tanking (who saw that comeing?), i want to play the game with people who want to play the game.

10 easy wins with 150 tokens/ranking as a reard total, is less rewarding then 1 long and close game game with 15 tokens/ranking as a rewards

but none of that is as anoying to me when people just use fog train mage. i understand it being free but really? its so slow that it would be more cost efective to buy the runes.

overall i like fog a lot! its just made for me :thumbup:. but its things like this that make it all the less fun :thumbdown:.

mlpfim20percentcoolersi.jpg

I'm a Brony and proud of it!

On f2p, I'm a level 114. When I'm playing against you and you are a level 20-30 looking for mage exp, cool. I'm all for that.

But, you're not going to win. Please stop running. It's just annoying. Let me kill you and you can get in the next ganme and mage some more.

This website and its contents are copyright © 1999 - 2010 Jagex Ltd.