Runners in Fist of Guthix

Sinkhan

"ya omg I agree wit u. all runners in fog r noobz."

If that's something along the lines of what you're thinking, then let me let you now know that my problem isn't with people who run in Fist of Guthix, but you.

FoG runners are not noobs. It's a completely valid and viable tactic in this game. If anything, I believe that you're the noob for saying that.

Why? This is a GAME with strategy involved. Why else would Jagex not separate the rounds into tiers like in BH? It is possible to win against a guy 30 or 40 levels higher than you, but this requires tactics and strategy, including running.

This object of the game is to gain charges and survive.

Yes, people who run are more difficult to catch and take longer to find, but this is a GAME, and they're just trying to win it.

This game is not only about standing in the center taking hit after hit, where the only strategy would be to switch between prayers and armour. If that was the way the game was intended to be played, then Jagex might as well as have used a much smaller room and taken away the teleorb. This is a game that requires micro as well as macromanagement (Quick clicking abilities and planning and anticipation).

People who whine and complain are to me just short-tempered, lazy, unskilled players who don't see the point of the game. All they know is how to point and click, hope they hit their max with their 2H, and throw out insults to anyone who moves out of their confined space of thinking.

Yes, people run from me all the time and others don't. I just take it in stride and fire blast them regardless of what they do ::'

I'm not saying you should all start running, and I'm not saying running is the best tactic out there, but what I am saying is that there's more than one way of winning the game other than getting 99 in all combat stats and clicking between armours and prayer and I think people should learn to accept it.

Let the flaming begin :roll:

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

People who whine and complain are to me just short-tempered, lazy, unskilled players who don't see the point of the game. All they know is how to point and click, hope they hit their max with their 2H, and throw out insults to anyone who moves out of their confined space of thinking.

Hit the nail on the head.

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

I see know flames shooting from my post. This I believe is how all rants should be.

Easy to read. It forms complete thoughts. I am going to do something that I very rarely do.

+1

felter_laur.png

::'

EDIT [september 27, 2008]: There were a few grammatical structures that were annoying me and points that I missed in my original rant. But I'm not going to touch it. Instead, I'll put an edited version here:

[hide=]"ya omg I agree wit u. all runners in fog r noobz."

If that's something along the lines of what you're thinking, then let me tell you now that my problem isn't with people who run in Fist of Guthix. My problem is you.

FoG runners are not noobs. It's a completely valid and viable tactic in this game. If anything, I believe that you're the noob for saying that. "Sad" is the response I seem to get whenever I try to avoid my caper. Why so serious? Let's put on a smile :D

Why? This is a GAME with strategy involved. Why else would Jagex not separate the rounds into tiers like in BH? It is possible to win against a guy 30 or 40 levels higher than you, but this requires tactics and strategy, including running.

This object of the game is to gain charges and survive.

Yes, people who run are more difficult to catch and take longer to find, but this is a GAME, and they're just trying to win it.

This game is not only about standing in the center taking hit after hit, where the only strategy would be to switch between prayers and armour. If that was the way the game was intended to be played, then Jagex might as well as have used a much smaller room and taken away the teleorb. This is a game that requires micro as well as macromanagement (Quick clicking abilities and planning and anticipation).

Yes, people run from me all the time and others don't. I just take it in stride and fire blast them regardless of what they do ::'

I run myself on occasion when I want to win against a particular person who has annoyed me ( :roll: ). Unless they start fire blasting me. Then I've got some other tricks up my sleeve. Wait, dragonhide doesn't have sleeves...

I'm not saying you should all start running, and I'm not saying running is the best tactic out there, but what I am saying is that there's more than one way of winning the game other than getting 99 in all combat stats and clicking between armours and prayer and I think people should learn to accept it.

Let the flaming begin :roll:[/hide]

Thank you god, someone else has realised that FoG is not

a) Duel arena

B) free mage xp

Lol it is funny as hell when you beat lvl 100+s on a lvl 45 account because they cant accept tanking in the centre isnt a strategy but a death wish,

Your stats have been reduced
Very important bit of information right there (even if its not directly quoted =P~ )
"Why? This is a GAME with strategy involved.
Damn straight

Theres a fine line between not listening and not caring,

I like to think I walk this line every day.

Pinning blame on Jagex is like trying to put pants on an old man.

You both know he needs them, but he'll just keep dancing around, avoiding them at all costs.

I agree with you. Also, runners really aren't even that hard to catch. You do get free runes, so why not Entangle them? Fight strategy with strategy - not with complaints. ;)

Actually, hiding is a better tactic, running is plan B. But I must say you do have a point, the game is based on hunter/hunted. And nobody likes to become a free dinner.

RSN:Mico1311 Combat: 82 Highest skill: Fishing 75 Playing time: From around August 2003

The guy in my avatar is Veso, a comedian mastermind.

Yes! I'm not kidding when I say I agree with you--which is very rare in the rants forums. Actually, running and doing a bunch of other things in FoG is usually called "Strategist" as they run and avoid the people by going into houses and running to the center when the person leasts expect it. And healing at correct times...I, for one, am a strategists.

Once, I ran into some moron who said the game isn't about strategy, it's about the other person standing still so the other can kill him. Another said running and going into a house is noobish and they don't do it--then they go do it... :lol:

So +100. This is probably the only rant I ever liked. :D

Hoping to get a new Signature (with matching avatar) soon. :D

In the meantime...Steam username: )I'll rewrite it later (add me if you want)

It seems I'm garnering more support than I thought.

Or maybe complainers finally got it through their thick skulls and realized something.

BTW, merv, when I'm not playing seriously, I just go for the free xp :lol:

One of the cheapest and most efficient ways in F2P to raise mage.

alot of the time being lvl 110+ people expect to see you sitting in the middle waiting to be found :roll: boy are they in for a shock when they have to come looking for me running around the edge :lol: definately a huge supporter as fog is an awesome game

O O O O O O O O O O O O O O O O O

Support liek z0mg.

I find people who expect you to just stand in a spot and let them kill you... how do I put this. Stupid. It's a freaking strategy game. Running, Hiding, Portal-escapes, whatever. It's a part of the game. Learn to be a good sport, and try saying "gf" if you lose. It feels good.

Off-Topic: Lightning chat doesn't exist when I try to enter. Can anyone tell me why? I'm going insane without it, while skilling. :-w

I agree completly with what you're saying, but being a fairly high level in f2p (92, not that high) I rarely fight people more than half my level so I just tank in the center. Sometimes someone will be able to escape me on the outside rim and stay for the full time (10 minutes?) and I can still easily beat them in the center.

To sum up what I'm horribly trying to say is that I agree that it's not a bad thing, I've just never found it all that useful.

Oh and bio if you haven't found out yet, the new chat is forsakenmage, lightning closed her chat because of comlaints about moderation or something.

15cbz0y.jpg
[bleep] the law, they can eat my dick that's word to Pimp

I must admit, I must be the worst FoG player ever. I have played the game twice. I lost both times, badly. I had read all the tips on the game but it just wasn't for me. I got called a few names during playing, especially when I was running around like a headless chicken.

All in all, I think players need to learn how to be gracious losers and winners, and maybe invent a new insult. I think all the new varieties of noob are becoming just a bit boring.

OP:I love you.Almost as much as I love Omali or myself.

I've only played it once and I won my friend who is ranked in it.Stupid noob's trying to be a pure,his magic screwed up lol.

devilgod.jpeg

so i herd u liek devarts?

If you look at me and feel offended by my 666-ism,think.I could be just as offended by your "cross".

[hide=This's why I'm hot]

The Eleventh Commandment:Thou Shalst only say "Amen,brother".

Amen, brother :lol:

Amen, brudda (referring to the 10th commandment)

amen Bruder! (german ftw)

I'm invulnerable to everything, except Lenin and Dragoonson.

That's impossible.

I love people.[/hide]

FoG is one of my favorite minigames (behind Temple trekking and Barbarian Assault). It's like chess; anticipate your opponent's moves by intercepting them. I admit, I am a ring-around-the-rosie noob. I'm a house noob. I'm a runner noob. I'm a tele to center and run the other way noob. I just love to death dot in the center and move around when they search for me. The people who flame others for using these tactics are the noobs. Did I mention that I'm also a wall hugging noob? Save the walls from anti-wall players! :wall:

Noobs that ruin my game:

Fr33 tock3n5 pl0x.

Let me winzz pleeze

I just need x item

Flaming noobs

The "to make it easier for you" arrogant son of a [cabbage] noobs :evil:

teh noobish noobs :roll:

Meh, just give the respect your opponent deserves: treat them kindly, don't throw a game or make it easier for them because it is a slap in the face to their effort basically, and don't flame people for their strategies; just learn from your actions. Seriously, if you lose to a specific strategy, use it in your next game! mix and match spells and armor in this game. There are tons of possibilities (like the d spear spec prevents your opponent form eating for 3 seconds while also moving them back.) Utilize the hotkeys hat Jagex specifically designed for this game (F1-F8).

Good combinations of spells/equipment:

Ice barrage + d bolts spec/dark bow

Saradomin strike + charge. It drains prayer

Rune crossbow + d bolts and finish with dark bow spec

Zgs spec and finish with barrelchest anchor spec

Bone cbow spec

all curses and binds are good staples

seercull spec (for when youre the hunted against a mage)

Any familiars that can fight are good

Any prayers that boost stats are good

Void mage is a good alternative to ahrims

Void range is good for cbow/dark bow combo

Sgs spec is when youre the hunted for healing purposes

Any gs spec (except for bandos) is good here

D mace and dlong specs are good

in place of seercull spec, zamorak flames is a good alternative, but not nearly as effective

D scimmy can be good for finishing blows

I have recently found out that a obby sword + berserker necklace hits harder than a dscimmy. Since this game heavily relies on equipment, stab and slash bonuses are important.

speaking of which, a zammy spear is a good alternative to the d spear, being as fast as a whip.

menea_reuter.pnglinkresponsewb2.th.jpg

Those idiots in FoG are so hilarious that I HAD to make this picture..

fogpicsg7.png

Don't you dare to go to the red area, that's wallhugging and (if you move around the red area) running.

You noob, don't go into the yellow areas, those are houses, and they are so friggin nubish that you can't even describe it!

Yes! Yes! Go to either the green center area, because that is so awsum tactic! Or, stand still in the other green spots!

Oh, and also, don't use bandages and prayer, they are so noob!

... <.<

I agree. It's so funny that people become angry because you make killing yourself as difficult as possible. They think that everything is served to them on a silver plate -.- Even the slightest difficulty makes them mad and makes them throw taunts, swears etc.

C'mon, people, everything is not easy as cabbage. Get used to it.

Good topic. ^^

Master of Attack ~ August 29th, 2010

Proud to have served the awesome Tip.It Crew <3

4bbb67ec44.png

Juhniz.png

Juhniz.png

Juhniz.png

Its not really able to be called a noob, but it is pretty unfare when a Much higher level than you with good armor runs anyway. Leaves you little chance to win at all. Still, running isnt illiegal unless its from the law.

devilgod08.png

-----------------------------------------

An Alched whip a day keeps deflation away.

Its not really able to be called a noob, but it is pretty unfare when a Much higher level than you with good armor runs anyway. Leaves you little chance to win at all. Still, running isnt illiegal unless its from the law.

there are four distinct advantages to being a higher lvl:

more prayer to exhaust/different prayers

more hp

more summoning points/familiars

higher lvl equipment

If everyone had the same equipment and hp/prayers/familiars, then the whole thing would be about strategy since the levels in themselves don't matter in this game (my favorite part \' )

menea_reuter.pnglinkresponsewb2.th.jpg

Running is a great strategy.

It enables lvl 70s (Like myself) to beat lvl 100s.

If people wanted something easy to kill for mage xp, they can go kill the caged lesser... it doesn't even attack!

And Runescape is overrun with all the FoG noobs who complain when things are handed to them... (just my opinion)

Running is a great strategy.

It enables lvl 70s (Like myself) to beat lvl 100s.

If people wanted something easy to kill for mage xp, they can go kill the caged lesser... it doesn't even attack!

And Runescape is overrun with all the FoG noobs who complain when things are handed to them... (just my opinion)

But you miss the point why people train mage there in the first place: Free Runes :thumbsup:

The effectiveness of stats being reduced also means that you are more likely to hit harder and more often.

But if I'm training mage and I've got a runner, I don't complain. I just hold them and fire blast them.

Timing it just correctly, they can never move. I've once found a guy who hadn't picked up his stone and held him 2 tiles away from the dispenser and fire blasted him to death :lol:

But if I'm training mage and I've got a runner, I don't complain. I just hold them and fire blast them.

Timing it just correctly, they can never move. I've once found a guy who hadn't picked up his stone and held him 2 tiles away from the dispenser and fire blasted him to death :lol:

That's a really difficult thing to pull, I always try it and end up losing an attack turn when I try to bind my opponent too soon :shock:

Master of Attack ~ August 29th, 2010

Proud to have served the awesome Tip.It Crew <3

4bbb67ec44.png

Juhniz.png

Juhniz.png

Juhniz.png