Runners in Fist of Guthix

Sinkhan

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I personally don't like running, it just drags on the inevitable. Runners are easy targets and when you find them and stop them, they don't stand much of a chance. I'm not going to flame you for running, on the contrary, I'm going to be thankful you ran. You've just made the game much more interesting and fun.

I personally don't like running, it just drags on the inevitable. Runners are easy targets and when you find them and stop them, they don't stand much of a chance. I'm not going to flame you for running, on the contrary, I'm going to be thankful you ran. You've just made the game much more interesting and fun.

INDEED, When a level 70 is running from a lv110+, it wont do much to the outcome considering what little chance they have of gaining the same (or greater) ammount of charges standing outside the centre.

The only time I see running as acceptable is when the level range between opponents is within 20 either way give or take. (90 against 110), (50 against 70).

Otherwise it's just a waste of everyones time and token efficiency, that's why people get angry, not everyone has ALL the time in the world for 10+ minute games when you could easily play 3 games in the same time and get triple the tokens.

People don't play this game for fun (those days are over), they play it either for tokens or magic experience, both in which do NOT require running in any shape or form, it's a dead and shunned, time-waster tactic.

You should try playing in F2p. The games are drawn out even longer with all that clash of rune on rune....

Don't get me wrong I run all the time and support it. You never know which one may be a pure with 99 str. who KO's me through my dragonhide #-o

Legil_galad2.png

Woodcutting does not raise your combat level because most people do not play as yew trees.

Great post!

Might sound bad, but I have never played the game, however, I completely support!

The reason is that back in the old PKing days, the number of people that called you a run noob, or would say "dont tele noob" etc would be incredible!

Why? The idea of the game is to survive, as I gather is the idea of Fist of Guthix. So why would anyone stand and take a bashing when they could run? It is not illegal or Jagex would take movement off during combat.

Teleporting? If you have the runes in your inventory or a staff etc why not use it? If people are going to be like that go to level 20 wilderness where it is actually a rule that you cannot teleport!!

So, I support the thread owners rant, and apply this situation to all games within RS. Who would lose, when they could run? Be a warrior and dont be pushed around! You might think you will get respect, but you inadvertantly wont! Have some self respect and do all that it takes to win the game!

PS Quality, well written thread!

thurdinatorio4.png

thurdinatorzk9.png

16x Black mask

1x Dragon Chainbody

1x Dragonic Visage

32x Dragon Boots

Obsidian Drops:-13 x Cape/ 6 x Shield/ 6 x Maul/ 750+ Onyx Tips

I 've run around and deserted tons of people in FOG. I've also given them up, let them down, made them cry, said goodbye, and told them a lie and hurt them. In a FOG match in members, running is practically needed, as one ice burst hitting you can be fatal, as it allows the opponent to run up and DDS you. Even if the dds damage splash dosen't hit you, you are still poisoned. In F2p, I don't need to run as much, as I am up against level 70s, but I still do it to aggravate them. :geek:

Remember-Courage is the magic that turns dreams into reality. Have the courage to defy the norm, and ignore the insults that the pures sling at you.

• 1 month later...

Well, running is a good stratgey for winning, but it is not the best way for tokens.

Tanking in the middle is the best way to get tokens. ALthough you loose more, you get to play more games, and thus win more. Now, I guess If you find running around fun, then thats ok. But runners are quite annoying in the aspect of causing both players to loose. Its kinda like GoP. If both teams share the win, everyone wins.

Owned_Nex.png

Dungeoneering isn't a skill.

I'm faster than bots at Sorceress Garden.

PM me if you want to chat. My PM is always off.

My keyboard is on fire. Want some?

My problem isn't with runners, its with the runners that run, and when I kill them, and it's my turn I stand in the center simply because running is boring, haha. And they kill me (obviously) BUT WAIT they say "haha got you you no lifing nerd" <- thats what pisses me off lol.

I have all the 99s, and have been playing since 2001. Comped 4/30/15 

My Araxxi Kills: 459::Araxxi Drops(KC):

Araxxi Hilts: 4x Eye (14/126/149/459), Web - (100) Fang (193)

Araxxi Legs Completed: 5 ---Top (69/206/234/292/361), Middle (163/176/278/343/395), Bottom (135/256/350/359/397)
Boss Pets: Supreme - 848 KC

If you play Xbox One - Add me! GT: Urtehnoes - Currently on a Destiny binge 

The goal is in fact to win. What do you get from winning? Tokens and rating. If you think you get more tokens from running then you are probably a low level. You get at least 1 token at the end of every game no matter what and if you lose to someone 30-40 levels higher you'll only lose a few ratings. If you play the game without running you actually get more tokens in the big picture. Not to mention you are actually better than your opponent. I guess what I'm trying to say is

runners ARE noobs.

Running should be acceptable because you CAN. Whatever it takes to win, and to the people who say runners are noob because they run, what do you expect? When a player is hunted their stats are lowered so they can't just stand there and fight, so they will have to run. Go ahead and call them noobs, but when you lose what else could you say? "omfg you r so nub u hax you beat me in teh game u runer n00b" ? The hunted person can do whatever they want and the hunter should just suck it up and go kill that annoying person. Why else do they call the hunter the hunter? They're SUPPOSED to hunt down their target. What kind of prey just stands there and die?

• 3 weeks later...

37vs119.jpg

^on my level 39 pure.

I use running techniques alot, but I usually stick close to the center (15-21). If you're facing a pure who let's them kill you (they're there for mage exp), then don't run. Just go to the middle. It's tough to train at levels 1-25 so just let them train on you; don't be a (_)_)lllllllllllllllD

Attack: 65/65

Strength: 99/99

Defense: 60/60

Prayer: 44/44

Ranged: 67/99

Magic: 52/85

When level 100's are dumb enough to only bring a melee weapon, i find great pleasure in running around the pile of rocks near the houses, and they can barely hit me until i run out of energy.

Sometimes they just resort to casting blast spells or (attempting) to bind me with full rune on.

O.O

Fog is my favorite minigame, atm i have about 4.4k rating. not bad for f2p I think.

But I am not to much of a runner since nobody ever finds me. I get 15 solid charges each time until they find me and I outrun them because they always carry more weight than I do.

And then when I am hunting (on f2p) 9/10 people I face are mages. so I kill them 2 shots. then go to center on my hunted turn, I walk to center protect from mage and if they are low enough Ill range own them every time they start to attk me.

And btw 99% of the mellers here just attack and tank so i can easy kill them too. because of the free runes they either get 16s from fire blast or 16s from addy arrows either way I own them.

voidpic.png

[hide=stats]jakerules209.png[/hide]

I totally agree!! When I saw this topic I thought it was a rant about someone hating runners, and I was about to bust out a huge post about why its a tactic but you did it for me :P. I love beating 130s by using tactics while they just stand in the center and take hits

• 2 weeks later...

I am a melee-er and I'm a runner in FoG. I'm glad someone made a rant about the people who think "running is for teh nubs" My stats aren't that good, so I am deffy a runner, and i like that better than standing in the middle getting 200 charges and then someone whips me to death. It gives a nice concept to the game, and in my eyes, makes it more exciting. Although, i wish everyone else would see that, because after i get 1000-2000 charges, people just quit afterwards.

#61 Maxim Afinogenov :]

It's ok, I'm a Bills, Sabres, and Mets fan...I'm used to disappointment.

Jakerdang.png

Completlely agree with you. Although I find it annoying because of my impatience at times (you know most people play for the tokens, don't you?) in trying to find my opponent, I do see it as a viable strategy. Also, it works well if you are against a meleer in full rune who can't run for that long. :lol:

fishdert.png

Fishdert.png

Fishdert.png

Fishdert.png

Seems like the "idiots" got to ya huh?

Tbh I find it funny how people rant about others calling them a noob or asking them their stats or whatever.

Who cares? Just because you're in pvp and someone says "don't kill me I need my phat" are you going to listen? NO. So why do it in FoG?

Gmeshsig2.jpg

Shout to LowFatMilk for the sig! Doin your body and sig good :lol:

"Tbh, i hate all of you sad nerds you don't deserve to live."

Me a nerd? Why thank you, I'm glad you recognize me as your intellectual superior.

To this day, people say I'm sad, but really I'm quite happy that their insults are all they can offer against my superior tactics.

This same guy also house hugged and ran himself :roll:

Well said. It's pathetic how players who can't match up to "runners" call them noobs simply for the fact that they imply strategy into the game.

Only fear God,

Know the weapons of the weak,

The weakness of the hard.

i agree with you 100%, i also find it amusing when fighting someone 30 lvls lower than me and their only strategy is to walk around shouting, stop running!!, though it is more fun when the opponent is also playing the game well : ) the most fun ive had at fog i lost the match by 1 point :o good times.

matyre1.png

• 1 month later...

I know this is an old topic but it is still interesting. I hate runners and do consider them noobs. There are three reasons for playing this game as far as I can see

1. Mage xp - This type of player is not helped by people running and doesnt really care about winning anyway so why run from them?

2. Token grabber - (Thats me!!) I only want tokens. I use addy arrows cos cost does not bother me I just need a clean quick kill. Runners do not help me.

3. People playing for fun - These people (Mavis and Gerald) actually probably love runners.

So the majority of players do not like noob runners.

But there are other reasons I dislike runners. Have you noticed that there seem to be more runners and house huggers that are the hunted second? Oh yes. These so called tactical/strategic masters prefer to run only once they have the advantage of knowing approx how many charges they need. The running strategy only works because not everyone does it not because it is clever!!!!

What about the really clever (150 IQ was mentioned earlier) runners/hiders that hide before they even know who they are hiding from. How many minutes must be wasted while a level 90 wall hugs against his level 20 opponent standing quietly by the fist? Or vice versa the level 20 hiding from his opponent who happens to be a level 124 bandit?

Runners are game spoilers who deserve the name noobs because they obviously cannot play the game as it should be played and rely on other more clever players to stick to the more simple and effective technique.

So how do I play? Well I use range/mage/melee depending on level of opponent and switch prayers and clothes like crazy against players that want to play skillfully. I forfeit against high level players that hide when hunted second and pray they only get 4 tokens. I hide/run/househug against any opponent that does to me whatever their level (That is why you will see me running from level 20s) but this is not hypocritical purely a lesson.

I lose about 1 in 10 games and I am ranked in the top 300. I rarely get 5k points because that is inefficient I prefer between 1k and 2k. I am level 124. It takes me 35 minutes to get about 80 tokens that I use for runecrafting. If there were too many runners I would not play because the point of the rewards would be lost. (Thats right! the game would be pointless and die if everyone became a runner noob)

Anyway my final point is that I have enough tokens (I finished with 9k in bank) to get my runecrafting to 99 so I only use FOG for restoring run when I go up to get the gloves.

To the players I beat I say thank you for the tokens I hope you got some decent xp for free. To the players that beat me I say thank you for the increased heart rate. To the runners I say "NOOOOOOOOBS"