"I want a girlfriend/boyfriend", and other such relationship advice

Da_Latios

As far as I'm concerned, it is okay, Sam. It takes a while before you're sure you're not going to change your mind, as you said.

Rpg, you'd be witnessing that success story yourself if you didn't use girls. I can't believe you claim you love helping people.

When I help people, I help them improve themselves and become the confident being they need to be. What I do, some people view as using girls. Fine, fair enough. But I do not encourage said behavior out of those whom I help. And when I go into "jerk" mode, it's not sincere. I'm a serious guy who's never serious. Of course I treat women with respect and and whatnot. I just happened to not commit to any of them, while dating many others. People come to me asking for help. I give them the means to help themselves. Which is excruciatingly hard to do online, but when's the last time I really heavily advised one individual on here to do anything specific? I know where my boundaries are. In the realm of reality, I can be much more articulate, and give more time and effort to those I'm helping. It's almost an entirely different process.

It seems to me you assume everyone has the same expectations as you when, believe it or not, that's not true, especially if you fish in the high school pond. It's fine if both people know exactly what's going on, but if you're being dishonest, you're a liar, because you're making a tacit agreement and not planning on abiding by its rules. I fail to see how you're helping girls improve themselves and become more confident. You're just setting up the basis for trust problems; you're encouraging those girls to behave like you in the exact same way your ex encouraged you to [bleep] around.

I really am being very judgmental and I apologize for that, but try as I might, I can't help but think you're an [wagon]; that being said, you're right in that I know too little to make my mind up. That's not my goal here; I just hope if I'm right about the way you treat the girls you hook up with, you might tread more carefully from now on.

Amen.

Personally I don't see how using girls by deceiving them equals treating them with respect, but that could be just me..

ms_julie.png

jafjepediasig.jpg

angel2w.gif Tip.It Website Crew Leader

[hide=Quotes]

I love it how Jafje comes outa nowhere and answers my questions

Hehe now we know what real life does...drugs, drugs, more drugs. Thank god we are addicted to something that won't kill us.

[/hide]

Getting advice online is like giving a blind man hearing aids - It may help the circumstances to a degree, but it won't really help as much as you'd like.

You can't give 100% accurate advice to everyone all the time. People are different and respond differently to different things, so giving advice is a pretty broad process.

In general though, the 'bad boy' stereotype will generally be better with the women than a 'nice guy'. As others have mentioned, the bad boy does have qualities which make him attractive - physical strength, confidence etc.

Of course, if you're confident in yourself and everything you do, people will notice this, and that is what is crucial.

On another note, I mentioned about that woman I met. Things didn't work out - we both agreed we were too far apart to have a serious relationship. Non-serious however is a different matter ;)

Imo even if she does change your mind and want you back you should be nowhere near that. I don't mean to be a [bleep] but everything you've said about her on this thread makes her look like an immature teen who is unable to be in a serious relationship.

It's one thing to give someone a second chance. It's another thing entirely to let them use you, and if she wants you back again, that's exactly what she'd be doing.

polvCwJ.gif
"It's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights." - Dom Mazzetti

I don't really know everything that happened between them, but I'm just saying there's a big difference between having doubts and breaking up with someone.

Matt: You want that eh? You want everything good for you. You want everything that's--falls off garbage can

Camera guy: Whoa, haha, are you okay dude?

Matt: You want anything funny that happens, don't you?

Camera guy: still laughing

Matt: You want the funny shit that happens here and there, you think it comes out of your [bleep]ing [wagon] pushes garbage can down, don't you? You think it's funny? It comes out of here! running towards Camera guy

Camera guy: runs away still laughing

Matt: You think the funny comes out of your mother[bleep]ing creativity? Comes out of Satan, mother[bleep]er! nn--ngh! pushes Camera guy down

Camera guy: Hoooholy [bleep]!

Matt: FUNNY ISN'T REAL! FUNNY ISN'T REAL!

As far as I'm concerned, it is okay, Sam. It takes a while before you're sure you're not going to change your mind, as you said.

What makes it OK to lead someone on like that. Knowingly playing with my emotions isn't cool.

Imo even if she does change your mind and want you back you should be nowhere near that. I don't mean to be a [bleep] but everything you've said about her on this thread makes her look like an immature teen who is unable to be in a serious relationship.

It's one thing to give someone a second chance. It's another thing entirely to let them use you, and if she wants you back again, that's exactly what she'd be doing.

You're not offending me at all, I've pretty much drawn the same conclusion. She doesn't know what she wants.

2257AD.TUMBLR.COM

What makes it OK to lead someone on like that. Knowingly playing with my emotions isn't cool.

See my last post. Every couple has their doubts, and sometimes they overcome them, so breaking up immediately isn't necessarily a solution.

Matt: You want that eh? You want everything good for you. You want everything that's--falls off garbage can

Matt: You want the funny shit that happens here and there, you think it comes out of your [bleep]ing [wagon] pushes garbage can down, don't you? You think it's funny? It comes out of here! running towards Camera guy

Matt: You think the funny comes out of your mother[bleep]ing creativity? Comes out of Satan, mother[bleep]er! nn--ngh! pushes Camera guy down

See my last post. Every couple has their doubts, and sometimes they overcome them, so breaking up immediately isn't necessarily a solution.

Bear in mind this is the second time she's done this. I agree that you don't always immediately know, but once is enough. More is unnecessary and hurtful.

polvCwJ.gif
"It's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights." - Dom Mazzetti

Like I said, I don't know enough about the situation, but I got the same thing from my girlfriend when I broke up with her, when I don't think I was really leading her on.

@Omar

Most of the people I help happen to be adolescent males. I do help some girls though. I beleive you misunderstood me where you thought that I claimed I was helping the girls I hook up with? Because generally, I'm not. Lately, however they seem to be standing up for themselves and growing more mature. This is an improvement. Is it my doing? Maybe. Maybe not. I'm not claiming it, but you can't say I wasn't a factor.

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

So you help adolescent males and then you turn and use girls? In the end, you might as well do nothing, unless you want to twist logic into a pretzel and claim you're actually helping them when clearly, being "helped" by your ex actually hasn't done you much good.

She posted on my wall earlier, saying "the awkward moment when you delete me off MSN but not Facebook" - don't exactly get what she's trying to say here.

2257AD.TUMBLR.COM

Did you delete her on msn?

Also who posts that on someone's wall, that's the kind of thing that goes in your inbox.

Yes, I did, though I haven't deleted her off Facebook - only blocked her posts from my newsfeed. The way I see it, she knows how to goad me, and she's being childish - she wants to be friends with me but she's not proving herself to be worthy of my friendship at all.

2257AD.TUMBLR.COM

I really don't think a couple that has had a serious and extended relationship can be "friends". Sure, they can be civil and mature about not being in a relationship, but from my experiences it just doesn't work being friends after you've been seriously involved. I'm not trying to give any advice with that statement, just an observation.

phpFffu7GPM.jpg

"He could climb to it, if he climbed alone, and once there he could suck on the pap of life, gulp down the incomparable milk of wonder."

dats my gurl

The more you mull things over in the head, the more unclear they become. It never helps to think hard about these situations.

phpFffu7GPM.jpg

"He could climb to it, if he climbed alone, and once there he could suck on the pap of life, gulp down the incomparable milk of wonder."

I really don't think a couple that has had a serious and extended relationship can be "friends". Sure, they can be civil and mature about not being in a relationship, but from my experiences it just doesn't work being friends after you've been seriously involved. I'm not trying to give any advice with that statement, just an observation.

It just depends on what the couple was like while they were dating. I've seen a lot of my friends remain close friends after breaking up.

77yLQy8.png

From my personal experience it is very hard to remain 'good' friends after a break-up. It's easy to stay civil and it's easy to hold a conversation, but you really won't look at that person the same again. The feelings are always there, (good or bad) and there's nothing you can do but deal with it. Just try to be the bigger man here, Sam. If she's being immature and trying to get a response out of you by posting what she did on your wall, just ignore it, no matter how hard it is.

So you help adolescent males and then you turn and use girls? In the end, you might as well do nothing, unless you want to twist logic into a pretzel and claim you're actually helping them when clearly, being "helped" by your ex actually hasn't done you much good.

jlp_facepalm.jpg

alright, you're not getting this. I don't teach people to use girls, I teach them to have esteem and self worth through friendships and relationships. What I do, and what I insruct other's to do are fairly different. Why don't I follow my own advice? Because I'm a flawed human. Sue me.

No, you're not getting what I'm saying. When you use girls, you teach them to have low self esteem and self worth, as well as to use people. That's what your ex did to you when she used you, because you stopped trusting women and started using them.

Helping people and then screwing others over is nothing to be proud of, and it's especially bad when you know exactly what it feels like to be the victim.

Being scum because scumbags don't get cheated on is as bad a mentality as not dating so you don't get broken up with.

Besides...

to all you young bucks, a word of corrupted advice: It takes a high school girl roughly a year [pending her own experiences in relationships] to realize that you are hooking up with her, and really have no intention of committing. Make use of that year.

I don't teach people to use girls

...what is this?

No, you're not getting what I'm saying. When you use girls, you teach them to have low self esteem and self worth, as well as to use people. That's what your ex did to you when she used you, because you stopped trusting women and started using them.

Helping people and then screwing others over is nothing to be proud of, and it's especially bad when you know exactly what it feels like to be the victim.

Being scum because scumbags don't get cheated on is as bad a mentality as not dating so you don't get broken up with.

Besides...

to all you young bucks, a word of corrupted advice: It takes a high school girl roughly a year [pending her own experiences in relationships] to realize that you are hooking up with her, and really have no intention of committing. Make use of that year.

I don't teach people to use girls

...what is this?

Came with a warning label.

You're probably right overall. We'll see if that changes anything.

It just depends on what the couple was like while they were dating. I've seen a lot of my friends remain close friends after breaking up.

Exactly. The more serious, the less likely friendship will be easy or comfortable.

phpFffu7GPM.jpg