"I want a girlfriend/boyfriend", and other such relationship advice

Da_Latios

I would go for the hot one. I mean, if I had to choose, I'd end up in a relationship that wouldn't last at any rate.

Matt: You want that eh? You want everything good for you. You want everything that's--falls off garbage can

Camera guy: Whoa, haha, are you okay dude?

Matt: You want anything funny that happens, don't you?

Camera guy: still laughing

Matt: You want the funny shit that happens here and there, you think it comes out of your [bleep]ing [wagon] pushes garbage can down, don't you? You think it's funny? It comes out of here! running towards Camera guy

Camera guy: runs away still laughing

Matt: You think the funny comes out of your mother[bleep]ing creativity? Comes out of Satan, mother[bleep]er! nn--ngh! pushes Camera guy down

Camera guy: Hoooholy [bleep]!

Matt: FUNNY ISN'T REAL! FUNNY ISN'T REAL!

Wanted thoughts on this comic...

pickup_artist.png

It's not very accurate-- both people in the first panel are "wrong"

I want to marry that girl. She's quick witted, obviously attractive enough that the guy needed a confidence boost to talk to her and perceptive.

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

I feel like stories are a really great way to make your opinion look like the truth.

Matt: You want that eh? You want everything good for you. You want everything that's--falls off garbage can

Matt: You want the funny shit that happens here and there, you think it comes out of your [bleep]ing [wagon] pushes garbage can down, don't you? You think it's funny? It comes out of here! running towards Camera guy

Matt: You think the funny comes out of your mother[bleep]ing creativity? Comes out of Satan, mother[bleep]er! nn--ngh! pushes Camera guy down

Oh, philosophical theory about everything being determined. I don't believe in that, although I don't fully disagree with the last panel of the comic. It's more about the range of choices they make that limits them, as opposed to lack of free-will.

It's mostly that the comic is a very outdated representation of the PUA community from like 2005.

Negging, peacocking, etc.-- anything that Mystery advocates basically-- are only used by guys who really don't understand anything.

Nowadays that whole community is primarily focused on personal success and self-development which, in turn, leads to success in relationships.

The comic also kind of implies that only men like sex, and that if a man only has relationships with women for sex, then he's a bad person and is just "using them." ...which makes me wonder that, if the cartoonist is a male, if he's just insecure or jealous about the concept of a "pickup artist" >_>

77yLQy8.png

It's mostly that the comic is a very outdated representation of the PUA community from like 2005.

Negging, peacocking, etc.-- anything that Mystery advocates basically-- are only used by guys who really don't understand anything.

Nowadays that whole community is primarily focused on personal success and self-development which, in turn, leads to success in relationships.

The comic also kind of implies that only men like sex, and that if a man only has relationships with women for sex, then he's a bad person and is just "using them." ...which makes me wonder that, if the cartoonist is a male, if he's just insecure or jealous about the concept of a "pickup artist" >_>

Or perhaps whenever he tries to meet women they assume he's in it for sex only? or perhaps there's no coincidence at all and he's just drawing to take the piss out of it for amusement.

Popoto.~<3

Or perhaps whenever he tries to meet women they assume he's in it for sex only? or perhaps there's no coincidence at all and he's just drawing to take the piss out of it for amusement.

It's a moot point, really. You can't blame a guy for wanting to talk to a girl, hoping to get long-term committed sex in the long run. Similarly, you can't really blame a girl for wanting to form a relationship with a guy, hoping for security in the long run.

As far as "taking the piss out of it for amusement" goes-- to be honest, I'm not exactly sure what you mean. But whenever I drink and/or go out to the bars/house parties and socialize with strangers, it's purely for my own amusement. I love shooting shit with strangers just to make them laugh and help them escape from their boring, worrisome lives. There's so many people I meet at the bars/parties who are stressed out or preoccupied with such trivial things that never even cross my mind-- it feels great just to tease them and joke around with them. Naturally, by conversing w/ people in such a nature, they want to get to know you better because you're kind of a "rare breed" in their lives. That's where relationships should stem from-- not from gimmicks, "peacocking," "displaying higher value," or "negs"-- but from forming fun and genuine connections with people through humor and similarities. Kind of like that comic alluded to-- there's too many guys that I cross paths with at bars and parties who are only there to get laid, and consequently, feel bad about themselves if they fail to do so. I mean, I'm not really judging them for doing so-- I can understand their motivation-- but whenever I recognize those kinds of people at bars and parties, I still try to treat them equally as if they're in the same boat as me. Like I said-- being friendly to everybody you meet and dropping all judgment/stereotypes can do wonders for your life and the lives of others :)

As I've said in the past-- even if you take what I've mentioned here to heart-- you shouldn't be doing so to get laid or boost your ego among others. You should be doing it for your own amusement and for the amusement of others. Forming friendships and getting laid is just a bonus. There's so much negativity in the world today-- people need good news, positivity, and humor in their lives. So why not be the person who can provide that? :)

...Just my two cents :P

77yLQy8.png

It's a moot point, really. You can't blame a guy for wanting to talk to a girl, hoping to get long-term committed sex in the long run. Similarly, you can't really blame a girl for wanting to form a relationship with a guy, hoping for security in the long run.

As far as "taking the piss out of it for amusement" goes-- to be honest, I'm not exactly sure what you mean. But whenever I drink and/or go out to the bars/house parties and socialize with strangers, it's purely for my own amusement. I love shooting shit with strangers just to make them laugh and help them escape from their boring, worrisome lives. There's so many people I meet at the bars/parties who are stressed out or preoccupied with such trivial things that never even cross my mind-- it feels great just to tease them and joke around with them. Naturally, by conversing w/ people in such a nature, they want to get to know you better because you're kind of a "rare breed" in their lives. That's where relationships should stem from-- not from gimmicks, "peacocking," "displaying higher value," or "negs"-- but from forming fun and genuine connections with people through humor and similarities. Kind of like that comic alluded to-- there's too many guys that I cross paths with at bars and parties who are only there to get laid, and consequently, feel bad about themselves if they fail to do so. I mean, I'm not really judging them for doing so-- I can understand their motivation-- but whenever I recognize those kinds of people at bars and parties, I still try to treat them equally as if they're in the same boat as me. Like I said-- being friendly to everybody you meet and dropping all judgment/stereotypes can do wonders for your life and the lives of others :)

As I've said in the past-- even if you take what I've mentioned here to heart-- you shouldn't be doing so to get laid or boost your ego among others. You should be doing it for your own amusement and for the amusement of others. Forming friendships and getting laid is just a bonus. There's so much negativity in the world today-- people need good news, positivity, and humor in their lives. So why not be the person who can provide that? :)

I'm curious what your relationship history looks like, Mug. if you don't mind the question

I'm not referring to the negging, but moreso the determinism concept brought up in the second to last panel

Go on?

[Edit] I think it's a little dumb to be overly conscious and methodical about seduction, but I've used negging "automatically" and it worked for me...

I'm curious what your relationship history looks like, Mug. if you don't mind the question

I haven't been in a relationship since 2009 and I hope to keep it that way :P

77yLQy8.png

I'm not referring to the negging, but moreso the determinism concept brought up in the second to last panel

Go on?

[Edit] I think it's a little dumb to be overly conscious and methodical about seduction, but I've used negging "automatically" and it worked for me...

How certain are you that it was the negging that did the trick? Oh, and what do you mean when you refer to the term 'negging'? I think because of its ambiguous nature, it could be causing confusion/disagreement here.

Go on?

How certain are you that it was the negging that did the trick? Oh, and what do you mean when you refer to the term 'negging'? I think because of its ambiguous nature, it could be causing confusion/disagreement here.

Who cares :P

77yLQy8.png

Go on?

It's essentially all I did. But maybe you're right and I'm just particularly good-looking or something; I don't know, but at any rate I didn't [bleep] things up with what I said.

I didn't go up to a random girl and ask her if she felt she was too fat as illustrated in the comic; it was more of a ball-busting thing, but like Muggi said that isn't the question. What's really relevant is how you become the kind of person that spontaneously says such attractive things and whether that's really the key to feeling good.

I'd just like to point out I've only done this three times (I think), so I don't end up sounding too full of myself. All I'm saying is it works sometimes, in response to Tim.

I haven't been in a relationship since 2009 and I hope to keep it that way :P

How'd that work out?